Astral RF

Astral RF

Works poorly designed

The main problem is the cloth filter bag, which looks like a pair of men's undies, is a poor fit and leaves a gap around the edge. It takes 5 minutes to clean and refit the filter, whereas the rigid basket type filters in better designed machines are far more efficient and easier to clean,

My machine stopped in the middle of the pool midway through its cleaning cycle. The pool shop I had bought it from said to add some acidifier, which I did, and voila, the machine started up soon after.

The impeller on top constantly clogs with plant matter and has to be cleaned with tweezers.

Overall, a disappointment for such a costly piece of equipment, which in ignorance I allowed to pool shop to sell me when they did the initial work on my pool - I was a pool "newby".

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Not impressed

Unit has failed 3 times in 16 months. First time the impeller motor died with the drive motor failing twice. Astral have repaired it under warranty but I'm not overly confident of its longevity.

I have to say that when it works, it works pretty well. It picks up most debris including fine dust.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great product

It cleans the bottom of the pool great, some models even climb the walls of the pool, but what dirt is going to land on the wall, simple to clean, easy to use just press a button and off it goes, our pool is large and deep so only problem if I had to find one is it may miss a spot here and there, but I am not sure if that is the cleaners fault or the pools, 12.2 meters by 5 meters, so we just put it on twice and its fine.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Works for a while

When it works it's O.K..
Had it back after 12 mths. Waited 3 months because they returned it with the base missing.
Worked 4 times and now it's going back for repairs. I just hope all the parts come back this time. Astral assured me it's not a usual thing to lose parts.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Does a good job straight out of the box

Have just purchased for a 7.5 x 4.5 metre pool. Only used it a couple of times but out of the box it performed very well. You have to follow the instructions carefully, they are not difficult to understand. Easily handled a fair amount of dirt and leaf litter in the pool. It has software that makes sure it covers the whole pool. It doesn't do the walls but does the curved bottom edges. Easy to clean and use, has 1.5 hour cleaning cycle, no adjustments. Floating cable doesn't look like tangling. Just let it run. Will update my review after some more use but so far very happy with purchase. Update: have now used the robot a number of times. Cleans the pool extremely well. Doesnt tangle, has a swivel power connector to stop tangles. Very easy to clean out. No regrets about our purchase. Highly recommend this robot.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Have used mine 4 times now and cleans well. Used it the 5th time and it has stopped mid cycle and wont turn back on. Any suggestions?
Hi Paul. Something like that happened to me, it has floats in it and they can come loss and stop it working, depending on how old it is astral will service it and fix the problem, if it is not still under warranty a robot cleaner repair man might be able to help, a local pool shop might be able to help with the address of one near you.