AstralPool RT/RTX

AstralPool RT/RTX

RT and RTX

See the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alex

AlexSydney, NSW

Absolute Lemon

This product is appalling. No tangle cord is a myth and lies. The it tangled as soon as it hits the water meaning the use length and far reach areas of the pool don’t clean. I’m into my second astral pool cleaner as well after my non function first was replaced. Stick to Dolphin, I most defiantly will change!

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
Wall and Step Cleaning

Brenda

BrendaPerth

Terrible service and a terrible product. DO NOT BUY from this company

The pump broke down after 3 months and they took another 3 months to fix it, even when they did fix the pump it was still crap. I will be replacing this pump with another reliable product. The customer service with company is a total joke, they do not even pick up their phone and are so backed up with fixing everyone's pumps that it takes them months to come fix the problem. Save yourself money, time and patience and go with another company, this company has no right to even be operating.

Purchased in September 2018.

Pool Size Small
Garden Lady

Garden LadySouthwest, VIC

Overpriced piece of plastic

Am on my 3rd RTX pool cleaner and if I could get my money back I would. They continually break down, are not reliable and very inconsistent in cleaning. Was recommended through the pool cleaning service.

Purchased in January 2016 for $1,000.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Large
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Rubbish for the money

Purchased an RB cleaner . I know you can pull off the number of cleans and mine would be below a 100 cleans . So far replaced chord and now has stopped working and received a quote for $700 to repair a unit that cost $1100 new . Out of warranty do no help either . When it worked it was great but obviously cheap. Save your money and get something more reliable. Scrap heap not even bothering having it returned.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

DaveS

DaveS

An Absolute Lemon

This unit is just unreliable and so far mine has broken down three times. The first time it was fixed under warranty and it required an extensive range of parts. The last time the parts list was not as extensive and I had to pay to get it fixed. Now three months later its failed again.
This unit is a money pit and I'm certain much better alternatives are available because its hard to imagine anything less reliable.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Waste of money

Pool pump cost near three thousand dollars and only lasted two years. Was fobbed off by the manufacturer and aquatecniks with total disregard . I ended up buying an ONGA pump for $300 delivered and have been happy since. I would not recommend doing business with either companies as I feel l have been ripped off by both. Absolute rubbish.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Michael

Michael

Rubbish.

Worked great initially however the quality of these products is terrible. My issues are consistent with other owner's feedback Cord tangles WHEN it works. Lasted about 9months. Would never buy this product again. For the price you would expect a longer life. Poor service, sub quality product. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Annie

AnnieBayside

Very poor service

Our Robic pool cleaner stopped working for the second time in two years and so far has been away for six weeks. When I phoned today I received a very unhelpful response, not even an effort to track down our pool cleaner after waiting on hold, they just did not want to know. Parts and servicing are a problem, their system is not customer friendly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Control Box Problems

The control box indicator lights stopped working and it was not possible to tell what settings were selected. It was replaced under warranty but now some two months later the new control box has developed the same problem. I also have the unit set to clean only the bottom of the pool as when set to clean walls as well it frequently breaks the surface and sucks in air. Often times it fails to expel the air and floats around uselessly until the control box senses something is wrong and switches the unit off. I would not buy this product again.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Whyme

OK but floats around sometimes

When cleaning walls the cleaner occasionally breaks surface and sucks in air. This can cause it to float with the motor whizzing until the control unit detects something is wrong and switches the unit off. The robot is then left inactive and floating in the pool dong nothing until I turn it over to allow the air to escape and restart the unit. very annoying and should not happen.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

HonestOpinionSydney

• RT

Warranty concerns

Before purchasing an Astral Pool RT or RTX, make sure that you are aware of the various complaints about warranty claims. I had to take my RT to Astral Pool warehouse (they don't come and pick it up) and have been waiting for 6 weeks for them to fix it (still waiting). Apparently, they don't keep spare parts in Australia and therefore everything has to be shipped from overseas. There is no updates whatsoever and I need to ring every couple of weeks to get an update. This is extremely frustrating to say the least.
Edit: it has now been 9 weeks since I took the RT for servicing. I am still waiting...

Date PurchasedJun 2015

FANTASTIC

Date PurchasedJan 2017
MT

MTSydney

Fantastic product - Highly recommended

Not sure what all the complaints are about, it's a great product granted I only had mine for 1 month in our newly constructed concrete pool and I am under no illusion that it will last forever, nor does a vacuum cleaner, or the pool pump for that matter. It picks up leaves and clears the water great and I can focus on cleaning the pool filter, backwash and rinse and pickup floating leaves, it will save you hours every week. If (other) peoples pools are constantly full of sand and dirt, hose of your feet before you enter the pool. If your expectations are too high, get a pool boy but even if I had a pool boy, I would still get one of these.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Couldn't live without this pool cleaner.

It has been fantastic for collecting debris and leaf matter from the bottom of our pebblecrete pool. The RT robotic cleaner is definitely best thing we have bought and I would highly recommend this model pool cleaner. It is easy to use and light weight. Best of all, has saved us hours of cleaning time.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Busy Mum

Busy MumMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Probably wouldn't buy this one again.

Doesn't Clean

The Astral RT Pool Cleaner is not cheap, but I purchased at a good price from Oz Pool Supplies. It claims to filter down to 2 microns. It does not. Don't bother with this product unless you need a robotic pool cleaner to clean leaves from the bottom of your pool. Astral Pools won't help with a refund and have told me to go back to Oz Pool Supplies. Oz Pool Supplies have told me to go to the ACCC and lodged a claim against Astral Pools. Disgraceful!

KJS

KJS

RPX version

Had it for 8 months and works well. gets all areas and is pretty easy to clean and store.
Only bad thing is the filter bag has lost its elasticity and new one is $90!! What a joke. This needs to be looked at.
I have always removed and cleaned it after use and been careful as well.
30-35 uses only.

NathanMornington

Awesome

It's so easy to clean plus its like super light weight compared to my kreepy krawly. Love it to bitz! Would 100% recommend to everyone with a pool!!!! It has timers in it so I just leave it in the water and it makes the pool look better than it did before, don't know why just looks like it shimmers. Great cleaner!

steve

steveasked

RTX

When using the rxt cleaner today dirt started coming out the top of the machine? Any ideas?

hotkiwi

You mean past te spinning rotor ? That would mean that the particles are so small that they pass the filter. That is easily possible as the filter has very large pores and is really only meant for leaves. Also, the 2 cartridges (I assume you have the model with the 2 cartridges) are very hard to clean and there is a little plastic box in the cartridge where the dirt will always accumulate behind.
Forget it. The whole design of this model was a failure, they abandoned the production after a small time. People sometimes have to cut their losses and buy a decent, I mean non Astral Pool product, or start a fight with this company who will not answer you anyway.

Fino1972

Fino1972asked

I have had the RTX & RPX recommended by a dealer but after owning an Astral Max5 and having such a bad experience with the product, I am very wary of this manufacturers products. They are charging a premium price but I would like to know from anyone who has had one of these for a while to see if the have had any issues. Anyone?

Nathan

Mine is like THE BEST! I got a demo before as I saw the max reviews and I swear my 90 thousand ltr pool has never looked so good. Would demo if not sold if that helps

HonestOpinion

I have an RT which worked well until the engine died. Problem is, there is no spare parts in Australia and therefore I've now been waiting for 6 weeks for spare parts to be shipped over from overseas. I rang a few times and each time I'm told that everything will be fixed in 2 weeks. So, it might work well but make sure you are aware of all the warranty issues if you have a problem with it.

hotkiwi

Yes, issues and issues and issues. Shortly after I wrote my review up here, the robot stopped working as it should, and now only takes in an odd number of leaves. Expensive and useless, just like the Astral pumps and chlorinators.

samboasked

How much did you pay for your RTX?

Nathan

Heeey! I payed $2200 and never regretted anything!!

Thanks.

Is it worth going to the rtx as opposed to the rt ???

Nathan

It's worth it. Trust me !

Get an answer from our members and AstralPool representatives

AstralPool RT