ASUS AC1900 DSL-AC68U

ASUS AC1900 DSL-AC68U (page 2 of 2)

MPN: DSLAC68U

4.1

• Number of Connected Devices 7.167 devices (6)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Zach

ZachAU

Didn't last for too long

Eventually this Modem started having issues but got a refund after sending back under warranty. The tools you have access to are very handy for monitoring traffic. Setting up for NBN was a pain like many people experienced with poor documentation, even after it was set up I could never get it faster than the standard modem Telstra provided with me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Joe

JoeVic, 3044

Powerful and amazing with NB

This router is definitely a go to if you are switching to NB. I can't fault this router for its speeds. Even when multiple people are streaming or downloading at the same time my gaming does not drop in speed. Also, I have added an external drive with movies and tv shows to watch wirelessly around the house.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Anthony

Anthonyport macquarie

Great Product!!

Great modem router... great functionality especially the VPN client function allowing me to securely browse the internet on all my devices without having to connect each device to the VPN manually. All devices connected to the 5GHZ network are very fast allowing me to transfer large files wireless to my NAS quite quickly also. Great product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

nushydude

nushydudeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast and feature rich, but not as reliable as I would have expected after all these firmware updates

Date PurchasedApr 2016
tenwebb

tenwebbNSW, 2650

fantastic features

My husband bought this item after heaps of research on how to best manage all of the wifi devices on our home network. It works so well in managing all the kids and has built in time management so they only get internet after homework has been done. Also we have found that if one kid misbehaves we can turn off the internet to that one device. Brilliant.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Mike C

Mike C

Very good for NBN HFC, not as good for ADSL2

Bought one of these about two years ago and for the most part it's been good but there have been times when it's lost all connection to my previous connection (ADSL2+) which required a reset to correct. There have been a few bugs over that time but to be fair ASUS do put put out firmware updates quite regularly.
The best thing is this modem/router has had a renaissance in my network as my NBN HFC router and with the latest firmware it really flies (95mbps down and nearly 40 up). Obviously it's now connected to the HFC modem so it's more akin to the router RT-AC86U, but if you want a great NBN HFC router that has ADSLx as fallover then you could do much worse than this model.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Cian W

Cian WQLD, 4118

Fantastic modem/router with excellent range

Prior to this modem I had a dlink which was ok but had dropouts every now and then and range wasn't fantastic.
After reading a few reviews i decided to bite the bullet and buy this one.
Well, what a great move it was . Range was fantastic, no dropouts to mention and dual band.
What i really like is they still release new firmware! Keeping older technology new as it's a great unit.

The only negative for me is no dedicated WAN port (i have to change on of the lan ports) and lack of support for HFC NBN from my understanding. I personally can't find the info to be able to use it as an HFC NBN router.

Apart from that, no other concern and has served me well while i had ADSL2+

Date PurchasedDec 2016
R.Wilson

R.WilsonMelbourne

Excellent mid range router

This is a great mid range router which was easy to set up and has good range with decent speed through put through it's three external antennas, a good choice if you have to rely on the NBN FTTN technology as it will give you the maximum possible speed via wireless conection, very happy

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Clint E.

Clint E.NSW, 2077

A good router.

I bought this router from shopping express and so far the impression is good. I only bought it because of the discount as the price is bit on higher side. The greatest feature of this router is that it has great range. 30m is easily covered. The speed is nice and it has great other features as well. It works with both NBN and ADSL.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jacky

JackyBrisbane

Very easy to setup! Expensive for an old model, but worth the $$$

First time using a ASUS modem, and I'm very happy. It's interface is probably one of the easiest to use in order to setup for a ADSL network. I was surprised when it's finished and already connected.

The range is also very good. Got it for my in-laws so a big tick there for myself. Not cheap, and consider it's first released in 2014, it is definitely due for an update. But there is very good reason why it can still ask for a $$$ tag close to $300 because it is just so good.

One of the typical - set it up and forget about it - gadget.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Tom L

Tom LMelbourne

Amazing router!

It is one of the best routers out there; packed with features such as QoS and regular security updates. Have had absolutely no issues handling large number of simultaneous connections or experienced any drop outs relating to the router itself. It can support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz at the same time so you can get the best of both worlds in terms of speed and compatibility with newer and older devices.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
JoeM

JoeMCopacabana

Good when working

Date PurchasedNov 2015
swamprat96

swamprat96

Good but still not as stable as it should be

Date PurchasedJul 2014
laurierayr

laurierayrSouth East Queensland, QLD

ASUS MODEM - ONE OF THE BEST

Date PurchasedJan 2014
troopie1987

troopie1987AU

Third time lucky. Good unit.

Date PurchasedApr 2016