Asus RT-AC5300

Asus RT-AC5300

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Andrew Nguyen

Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

Resolve my WiFi deadspot

Bought from PLE after referral from various forum. Previously I bought a Netgear wifi extender but still having issue with dead spot around the single story home.

Set up was very easy using the manual given and CD. The website was very easy to use. I am not tech savvy as well. I used this router as; (1.) extend my WiFi (2.) VPN router using EXPRESSVPN firmware in conjunction with my TPG NBN Huawei.

Last few days running, no issues with dropout, I check my speed using Speedtest App and those given by Asus. Happy with the current speed and WiFi connectivity. Currently I got 5 devices connect to the Asus router.

It looked rather tacky and take up a bit of room, but so far everything work.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Pal

PalBrisbane

Very Stable Router - Excellent for the NBN FIBRE TO HOME

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Pretty damn good!

I've been using this router for about a year with Merlin installed. It is pretty damn good.. doesn't really miss a beat.

The modem looks like a little robotic spider. The wifi range is outstanding and it has heaps of awesome additional functions. My most used functions are the traffic analyser and qos settings.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Fitnesspm

FitnesspmMount Waverley

The best router on the market!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

awesome product...

It has all of the standard features you would expect, including port forwarding, DNS. Maintains things like Traffic Analyzer (allowing you to see which devices are downloading the most and what sites they are downloading from). It also has a sophisticated QOS system that allows you to prioritise bandwidth to either services (Media, Gaming, Web Pages, etc) or to specific devices.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jusebert

Jusebert

The ASUS RT-AC5300 is great if your chasing more advanced features.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Al89

Al89Craigieburn

Horrible experience

Received router and it was very difficult to set up. Thought it was just me but upon speaking to Asus realised there was something wrong with it from the get go. Asus wouldn't refund it and wanted me to go through retailer. Retailer wanted to wait for Asus to refund them before they would refund me. One month later no ready and 500 dollars poorer.

sammy

sammySydney

such a cool device with smooth gaming experience!

it looks so cool! like a spider, the coverage and speed are awesome as well.

it has built in gaming boost function which dropped my ping time 50%, but the power consumption is higher than the other modern, it is about 8 - 16 Kwh.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017