ASUS RT-AC66U

ASUS RT-AC66U

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hamfish L

Hamfish LLaunceston

great

I've had this router for quite a while now and it has never failed me yet, its coverage is great and it does the whole house and its really fast for gaming, i get around 22ms ping on the nbn, the only thing bad about it is that it is quite light which means it can fall and move quite easily.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Quinny

QuinnyCaloundra West

Great NBN router

I have been using this router with FTP NBN for the past 4 years with no issues. Great WIFI (2.4/5ghz) range and also packed full of monitoring and extra features.

This has also been one of my only long standing routers that i have not had to replace or fix. The ASUS brand is reliable and quality.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Rez

RezPerth

Good product compare to other ones in market

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Omar A

Omar AMelbourne

does what it says on the tin

great router, it does struggle through a few walls though. But up close its super quick. I found this router was best placed right in the centre of the house. It doesnt have an overly large footprint either which was great for my small apartment. It was really simple to setup as well. Just follow the guide.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Oilzzz

OilzzzBrisbane

Impressed!

RoelNiek

RoelNiekPerth, WA

Fast but short life, lack of support

Bought this just for over a year and has been a significant upgrade from my old N900. Until it suddenly stopped working - all lights off, no power but the AC adapter light was on. Sadly it's just passed the 1yr warranty, so I brought it to an authorized service in my city for repair but unbelievably they couldn't handle routers! Response from ASUS support: no global warranty for router so it must be repaired in country of origin! I had enough and throw it in the bin. Very poor quality for such expensive top-end product, and no local service, no global warranty is a nightmare for business.
Very fast, good software
Expensive, poor quality, no local support

GeorgePerth, WA

Very fast wireless performance!

WheresBearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptional Unit

Adam Levey-wilson

Adam Levey-wilsonasked

What is the best modem for it? As i just purchased one and didnt know that it didnt have one built-in

George

Hi Adam, I just used my old Linksys WAG320N modem/router in Bridged Mode to provide the modem part. If you have an existing modem/router, have a look at its Bridging functionality. Basically, Bridged Mode just disables all the router functions and just provides a simple modem function, converting ADSL to Ethernet. All authentication is done in the RT-AC66U. For future reference with ASUS models, RT- indicates router only, DSL- indicates modem/router

Get an answer from our members and ASUS representatives