ASUS TUF Gaming A15

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 (page 2 of 3)

FA506IV, FA506II, FX506IV

zack

zackSydney, NSW

Best laptop I've ever used

I've been using this laptop for around a month and I've got to say for it's price it is amazing. I've been able to play any games I wanted at high setting without any problems. To anyone looking for a great budget gaming laptop look no further the asus tuf gaming laptop is perfect!

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,277.00.

Agus R.

Agus R.South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant.

It's a super computer, Ryzen R9 and a RTX 2060. Incredible, I've been looking for a computer so long and I finally found one thats brilliant. Beautiful cooling system btw.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Really good budget gaming laptop

This is a really decent budget gaming laptop, The 6 core Ryzen 5 4600H Processor & the GTX 1650Ti GPU is great for my needs, plays all my games at 1080p max settings no problem, the 512gb M.2 SSD is super fast & snappy, comes with 8gb of RAM but upgraded 16gb cause it was so easy & cheap to & stuck a 2TB 5400RPM 2.5in HDD for extra basic storage, simple as. Battery life is okay, could be better, but I remedy that by using Silent mode with Asus's software, very handy, does get bit warm & audible when gaming but I use headphones it doesn't bother me. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

Cost me $1450 at JWcomputers.

Susan S.

Susan S.Hunter Region, NSW

Awesome machine

Laptop looks amazing and is lightweight but sturdy. Particularly love the logo and the lights!
Great value!
Moved from Mac & am still adjusting but its easy to use. Mainly using for gaming and internet.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,999.00.

Mohit R.

Mohit R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

big time superbly designed machine

I purchased this for specifically 4k editing and it really lives upto all my expectations. The machine is flawless so far. There was some heating while on battery use but on power supply its all good. The construction of devices is well designed, not heavy and not light, just right!

The fans do get a little noisy when machine picks up some temperature but I guess that will happen with all powerful machines.

overall, value for money.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$2,399.00.

Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Nice unit

Powerful machine, nice design. High specs for video editing.
I do miss being able to lock the track pad, and having separate home/end and pgup/pgdn keys. I have a nasty habit of bumping the track pad with a stray thumb while typing, which can randomly throw the cursor around, but I'm sure I'll be able to work around that with time.

Purchased in June 2020 at JW Computers for A$1,700.00.

Amazing Value

An incredibly capable machine for multitasking or games! The CPU is incredibly efficient and with 8 cores, you can't go wrong! Only have the GTX 1650 attached, but more then capable of playing a host of games at high frame rates! Good build quality as well!

Warrick P.

Warrick P.Perth, WA

Awesome specs for the price! Love it!

This machine has awesome specification for the price! Great value compared to building a desktop with the same components. With the Ryzen 9 and RTX2060 it has all the punch required for the perfect mobile gaming platform. Built TUF and looks great too, Love it.

Purchased in June 2020 at PLE Computers Online store for A$2,299.00.

Decent Mid Level Gaming Laptop, Medicore in Components and Build Quality

Pros:
Ryzen 4 - 4900H
RTX2060 - Sufficient for ultra quality 2k gaming

Cons:
Inadequate cooling, at 15 degrees room temp, CPU still hits 100 degrees and throttles
Washed out Display
Not so cheap pricetag for budget laptop

Purchased in June 2020 at Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store for A$2,299.00.

Graeme W

Graeme WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Going well

I just purchased the ASUS TUF Gaming FA506IV-AL011T 15.6" Ryzen 9 laptop.
I previously owned a 10+ year old laptop with Win7, so much quicker to turn on and general use.
It is also finally nice to have a working battery.
It seems hard to find laptops with full keyboards these days. The 3 keys I miss the most are the End, PgUp and PgDn keys. So instead of <CTRL><SHIFT><END>, it is now <CTRL><SHIFT><FN><END>.
One key that does seem a bit hit and miss is the arrow left key.

Purchased in June 2020 at Computer Alliance Online store for A$2,399.00.

HHK

HHKPerth, WA

Zippy laptop, but it is hot and loud

I bought the FA506IV-AL011T model with 4900H processor and RTX2060. Fairly impressed with the speed of the laptop for my work tasks and web browsing/ videos, but the cooling fans are loud. They whine up a bit when watching videos and even just Windows updating.

When encoding some videos, I noticed the exhaust air was very warm and the laptop underbody got fairly warm too. And this is not even using the RTX2060.

I will have to install Borderlands 3 this weekend and see how that performs.

Purchased in June 2020 at PLE Computers Online store for A$2,299.00.

Great Laptop with one flaw.

Purchased in June 2020 at Computer Alliance Online store for A$2,399.00.

Mathew L.

Mathew L.South East Queensland, QLD

Good product, very fast for MS Excel calculations

Works for what I need. I dock it and have no problems with heat or throttling or noise. Very fast processing power. Screen could be better, resolution is a little low, but apparently it is suited to gaming.

Purchased in June 2020 at Computer Alliance for A$2,399.00.

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great specs for the price

i needed something fast and reliable to throw some flight sims yet compact enough to cart around with me without breaking my budget as my old computers really starting to struggle now, comparing with other brands around the same price bracket, the specs offered on this system were better, along with being upgradable in the future including the option of a larger capacity battery. 90wh vs the supplied 48wh.

Purchased in June 2020 at Shopping Express for A$2,099.00.

Great Gaming laptop

I bought this laptop for my son to use as a Gaming Laptop. It is perfect. solid constructions. Attractive, back-lit keyboard with multi-colour lights. Comfortable to type on the keyboard. Great resolution for games.

Purchased in June 2020 at Computer Alliance for A$2,399.00.

Techmister

TechmisterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Notebook

Sleek looking Design goes with the hardwearing durability of the case ready for all sorts of modern day spills and misses. Like the feel of the keyboard and the trackpad has a nice smooth feel. Nice combination of USB ports and room for upgrade to memory adds to the versatility. Graphics are excellent and good for a decent upgrade to basic home office use or the home based gamer. Good buy and highly recommended

Great budget gaming laptop

Excellent product with good hardware for what its priced at. Comfortable room for expansion.
One down side is small battery for the AUS version. 48wh instead of 90wh. The 90wh wouldve made this device perfect.

Budget gaming laptop

Powerful laptop at a budget price. Runs hot though so may need a cooler. Display is fine. You can use an external display anyway. Plastic chassis is fine as well considering the price.

Purchased in June 2020 at Just Laptops for A$2,299.00.

Deniz Ö.

Deniz Ö.Sydney, NSW

This is great!

Amazing product! does whatever I need for daily use. Strongly recommend this product if you are seeking high quality laptop for low price. you won't be regret buying this laptop

Purchased in June 2020 at Scorptec Computers for A$2,099.00.

Awesome laptop for the value!

For the price, the specifications on this laptop are amazing. $2399.00 for a machine with the new Ryzen 9 4900h cpu, 512gb ssd storage, 16gb ddr4 and RTX2060 graphics is really good value for the performance that you get!

I like the I/O options on this device, more than enough ports for whatever device you plan on connecting to it.

Having a full size keyboard, with well spaced out keys makes typing on the laptop comfortable and the sound on the speakers are nice and clear.

My only recommendation is to improve on the battery. However, you will be able to get a solid 4-5 hours on it off a charge, possibly more depending on what your usage is.