Atlas Car & Truck Rental Questions & Answers

Troy V.
Troy V.

Want to know wye you can't book a car on line.. Are yours out of business for not paying bills?

Merissa B.
Merissa B.

Can I cancel a reservation that was done online?

Where are your terms and conditions on your offical website in regards to cancellation as you currently don’t have any?

Kazza K.

Where is my $350 security bond not returned. My name is Karl Downing and i hired the car on February 1st in good faith that it would be returned. If it isnt returned in the next week i will be taking legal action against you. It will cost a lot more than the $350 Security bond i payed as you will end up paying court costs as i have to verify. Pay up as i will be taking legal action against you

Consumer advocate

Dispute transaction with your bank and complain to every consumer protection organisation in Australia

AHav
AHav

Like you Atlas has taken my money and continues to take it periodically without my prior knowledge and absolutely no indication of why they have taken it. They just deduct $55 (twice) from my account for a $3 toll that I had already paid. They claim it's an administration fee for forwarding a letter I have never even received. I am also working on a complaint to the ACCC. If anyone is interested in a class action against Atlas's then please let me know.

Kazza K.

Got my security deposit back. Went to our bank who suggested that we go to the one near us .We did and after showing them the bank papers ,they couldn't be more helpful. Got my security deposit back within 5 days. That was a suprise but a good one. Hope this helps you.

Lance
Lance

If it is NSW, take it up with NSW Fair Trading. They have a "long history" of complaints about these guys. I spent 6+ months getting $1000 back - keep fighting for it. A major problem is the head office is uncontactable, and the local office say "we can only communicate with head office by email". What B.S.

Where is everyone's bond???? I have been waiting nearly 2 months for mine

Lyn R
Lyn R

6 weeks for me. Tomorrow I’m lodging a Visa dispute transaction with my bank. I urge everyone to do the same. You need to do it within 60 days.

Charlene
Charlene

I lodged a dispute and bond returned.

John

Lodged dispute with credit card issuing Bank and a complaint with Vic Consumer Affairs. Took almost 2 months but finally received full refund.

Clare W

Got my bond back today after messaging them on Facebook a few days ago

Ebonie
Ebonie

Where is my bond return money? It’s been 16 days

Jackie P.

Can you please provide me with a customer services email address as a matter of urgency?

Just like everyone else its been over a month and I have not had my bond returned - to top it all I can only find a phone number on the website. My husband and I are now home in the UK and have spent over $100 on phone calls to try and remedy this situation. We need to escalate this to senior management but have no way to do so without spending a ridiculous amount of money on phone calls.

Bill D
Bill D

For what it's worth, their e-mail address is: customercare@atlasrent.com.au

Thanks Bill!

Tarcan L.
Tarcan L.

jackie, pls file a complain with fair trade australia

Consumer advocate

And dispute transaction with your bank

Irene y.
Irene y.

Where can we make a complaint? Will fair trading is the place to go? The government or some agent need to take action about this.

Daniel
Daniel

Depending on the state, you'd contact the relevant fair trading authority

QLD: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/fair-trading-services-programs-and-resources/fair-trading-services-and-contact-information/contact-us/locations

NSW: https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/

VIC: https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

Paul
Paul

Get on to consumer affairs in the state that you hired it from. After some correspondence I had the money back in two days. Took over a month to get it back tho. Good luck

John

Thanks I have also just complained to Consumer Affairs in Victoria .Atlas have owed me $887 for going on 2 months and do not even reply to emails never mind trying to get any sense out of the Philippines " contact" number. Seems like Atlas having trouble paying their bills.

Bonnie I

Is Atlas going bankrupt and that’s why they are keeping everyone’s money?

Nigel L
Nigel L

Don’t know, sounds like they probably invest the money as long as they can. Very frustrating waiting for answers.

Nancy
Nancy

Yes, very frustrating and I still don't know when will I get my money back!!

Bonnie I

I honestly don’t know how they are still in business!! I’m so mad!!

John

A classic signal of insolvency ia a company unwilling or unable to pay its debts...

Maria M.
Maria M.

They are collecting interest from their financial institution by holding accumulated bond money in their account. So if they hold $1000 for 40 days they will get a certain percentage paid to them of interest. Can everyone please report them to fair trading so they can shut them down or at least give them a fine so this stops happening.

Krupi K.
Krupi K.

Ive been waiting over the month, i think we should all make a group and sue them collectively, this is illegal and they need to be stopped immediately!

Afroz

Looks like it's a serious issue. If they are able to charge someone then why can't they refund it? I have never seen any technical issue for this long and Atlas is not taking any responsibility to apologize customers for holding their amount for so long. I raised a dispute on my card for the amount they charged. I am looking at options to take this up with consumer affairs.

Rake
Rake

I’m trying from last two months to get some information regarding my car damage..by one of thier hired car and they not picking up phone and not responding to my mails and messages.
I just complained to ACCC

John

Likewise have just contacted my Bank to do a charge back for $888 refund Atlas has owed me for more than a month. I wonder if they are having cash flow problems as seem unable or unwilling to pay their debts?

Afroz

At last, i got my money back. I called up the customer care everyday for 4 days. I asked the agent to copy me in the email she is going to send to claims team. I emailed the claims team on top of her email. I am checking my balance frequently to ensure they are not charging me again :)-

Joe
Joe

If anyone has NOT received their bond back from atlas car and truck rental please email me at kajiilove17@gmail.com I am organising to sue atlas car and truck rental as a group of people who have not received their security bond back, this is robbery and they need to pay.

Susie
Susie

From reading all these bad reviews looks like you are a bunch of crooks and I definitely won’t be using this company to hire anything

Kieran K

How long does the vehicle bond take to return? Says 10 Business days, my car was hired overnight on 25/1/19. Why is your Credit card debited rather than a hold on funds which a bank can reverse

wal c.
wal c.

This is a lie as I have read many of your poor reviews and it is always the same... that people are waiting for their bonds. This will make a great story for Current Affair program to expose you

Kieran K

Spoke to atlas call centre four days ago, was advised would be resolved and returned in 24 - 48 hrs. Still waiting!

Maryann S.
Maryann S.

I hired a car from Sydney Airport just outside it and returned it on 23 February I still have not received my deposit of $1000 no one can tell me why there was no damage to the car the car was full of petrol very clean when I bought it back I need this thousand dollars and I need it now I have called in every day and asked why

Atlas Car & Truck Rental   DM

Atlas are experiencing issue with the system that’s causing the refund to be delayed. Atlas is already aware of this and is working with the bank to have this fix asap. I know yours has been processed Maryann as per our conversation.

Lost for Words
Lost for Words

Left my GPS in vehicle. Rang up next morning (too late as office closed that night). Couldn't find it! How can that be? Never heard back from anyone at Melbourne branch. Can't even phone them. Alli get is a woman on a 1800 number. I'm sure it's probably on the premises in lost and found or left on a desk? Love to have someone personally ring me.

Kar wai
Kar wai

May I know how much is the additional driver charge as it is not stated in the booking page?

scairns

Naes

Flat fee of $10

Jenny Ann
Jenny Ann

So at Tullamarine domestic terminal is the car hire at the terminal or is a shuttle required? Thanks Jenny

RC3062
RC3062

HI

I hired a car at Cairns Airport. I don't believe Atlas has a depot at any airport in Australia, however, their shuttle service is excellent.

RC

Hill
Hill

We hired at cairns, but im pretty sure the atlas depot isnt far from melb airport- but yes, would require their shuttle service.

I'd like to know too!

abe
abe

how I can check my rental car registration update ?

Harish koli
Harish koli

Hi,

Would like to hire 12 seater can you please let me know what’s the price?

Harish koli harishkoli@hotmail.com

Allen
Allen

How are road tolls dealt with?

Laney
Laney

They have a toll device on the windscreen and any tolls you use just gets debited from your card.

julie
julie

hi just hired a car from brisbane airport got a email to confirm booking but it doesn't tell me where to go or what to do once we arrive?

Atlas Car & Truck Rental   DM

Hi Julie, Once you arrive at the airport and have collected your bags please call 1800 808 122 and one of our friendly team will give you directions of where to wait for our shuttle bus. - Thanks Ben

himmel
himmel

hey how did it go?? i want to book with them from brisbane airport. but the reviews are terrible here!!

shell_chicken
shell_chicken

Just wondering if anyone has ever actually been refunded the difference between the excess charged and the actual amount for a repair? Looking at the reviews I guess the 2 months we have waited is not too bad. had a car that was hit by another driver causing small damage. Was charged 2k (I had a quote for repair for $600-800 to get an idea) and still haven't heard anything regarding reimbursing the difference! Just wondered if anyone has even actually been reimbursed or are we clinging to hope where there is no hope?!

Andrea
Andrea

Same here, but I am waiting since December 23..have you had any luck?

Get an answer from our members and Atlas Car & Truck Rental representatives