Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Atlas Car & Truck Rental (page 2 of 3)

Great service and friendly, helpful staff

Easy booking system
Friendly helpful staff
Quick efficient pick up and drop off process
Clean car in great condition, good price
It was very simple to extend the hire time over the phone
Central location

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX
Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best car hire available in Preston

Atlas offered the best price out of four car hire services available in Preston and were the only one with a no-excess option. Even this slightly more costly no-excess option came in lower than the other hire companies I compared with their standard $4000 excess.
Customer service was prompt, friendly and no-fuss. The car was clean and tidy and bigger than what I would have got at the other rental places at higher cost, and more than met my needs.
The return of the vehicle was handled very efficiently and my bond released instantly.
I can highly recommend this service as an alternative to the overpriced established car and truck hire companies in the market.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Elantra
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a better vehicle

Excellent in every way! Thanks heaps atlas team at cairns!

Excellent, 5 star service, helpful. Would recommend for sure! Absolute legends. Went the extra mile to help and efficient and fast pick up and service. Car was excellent. More than pleased.

Vehicle TypeNissan Dualis / Qashqai

munecito

munecitoSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a great car rental company

Everything went fantastic. From the airport pick up, to the car and the shuttle bus back to the airport. The price was right and we had a good 4 days. Thank you

Vehicle TypeEconomy

Great service ! excellent

Great service , excellent staff upgraded my car ! Loved the golf . Only wish they were open longer hours then I would use them more as I travel to south Australia frequently !

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a better vehicle

Awesome car hire, great staff. Can't rate Renee from Atlas high enough, 5+ stars.

From pick up to drop off from arrival to depart the whole hire car experience was great. Got upgraded at no extra cost, because said booked car had a hubcap misplaced from cleaning and could not be located. Certainly money for value.

Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a better vehicle

Easy process and comfy car

No nonsense quick and easy processing. Car perfect for our needs. Scrapes and minor dents on car notated before our departure saving hassles on return.
Bond on credit card returned promptly. Overall satisfied with service.

Vehicle TypeEconomy

Amazing 10/10

Customer service was amazing, bond and payment was handled very well and super easy. The vehicle was not what I was expecting it was better. I used the vehicle for exploring around Sydney was difficult to find parking in the city but other than that was very good

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

We will be back

Great customer service& a nice shuttle bus driver.
The bond was returned in no time.
The vehicle we received was better than expected.
We used the car to visit our daughter in Mornington Vic, it did a great job.
Thanks to the staff we will be back.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Find out how Atlas Car & Truck Rental compares to other Car Rental Services

I will never go with Atlas

Waiting for 30 minutes in cold weather of Melbourne for the shuttle to arrive and pick us up .GPS was not available and at the end they charged us $50 for petrol .we had consumed maximum 10 litres .I called them couple of times but no one cared

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Great experience!

Friendly and helpful staff. The rental car was exactly what I needed to make the most of my holiday.
Would definitely recommend them and plan on using them again. The rates were very competitive.

Andre

AndreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Had to call them more than three times while im overseas just to get my bond deposit back.

My deposit bond finally refunded after 1+ month and multiple emails and phone calls and roaming mobile phone cost that I had to pay myself. I was overseas and I had to try to contact them before my bank can help with the disputing the transaction. The service was OK its just the refund process of security bond is very troublesome

Frances Simpson

Frances SimpsonDarwin, NT

Great experience with Atlas Cairns

Used Atlas Cairns for 1st time over Easter. Great service & value for money. Happy with the car. Bond returned within 48 hours. Have booked Atlas again for a trip later in the year. Thanks Atlas Cairns.

August 14th 2019 Update: Another great rental experience!

Recently used Atlas in Melbourne.
Shuttle bus arrived promptly. Service from the counter staff was great. Best value for money & the car was excellent. The bond was was also returned promptly.

No Bond Returned for Over a month

I hired and returned the vehicle in line with the policy.
Even though the vehicle almost immediately needed oil topped up and the Aircon was terrible.
I paid for the full insurance policy with the car - ie no excess for damage
I returned the car on-time with no damage.
There has been no follow up from the company at all.
I've emailed - No response
I've called - to a barrage excused and no time frames given just an excuse about manual processing.
Do not rent a car with these people

Vehicle TypeRenault Captur J87
Mitch

MitchWestern Australia

Failure to return $350 bond

Bond not Returned

Hired a car for 5 days in feb. returned it on the 4th feb and have rang about 5 times, with broken promises. on top of that i booked online through airport rentals with insurance package, to then arrive to pick up the car and be told that i could be up for thousands if we have to claim. so i purchased a 2nd insurance pack from them for $140. Still waiting for bond to be returned, simply go somewhere else. do not hire from this company.

Bruno

BrunoNortheast, VIC

Car good, service good but...

Rented a VW Golf on 27/2. Day rental, car clean and reception friendly.
Nearly a month and several calls later and $350 security bond still not returned.
Accounts dept. rings and answered by a message bank- zero replies to date.
Spoken to the booking office and they sent an email (with me as cc receipt.) to accounts asking them to expedite.
Still waiting and getting very upset...

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf
Ana Carolina Pettirossi

Ana Carolina PettirossiSydney, NSW

DO NOT RENT! BOND NOT RETURNED

Hi everyone,

DO NOT rent from this company. They do not return the bond. I keep getting messages that they will release the bond but they don't know when. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
It's unbelievable!

I'm gonna make a complaint at Fair Trading and hope for the best. They are holding $350 for 6 weeks now.

Lyn R

Lyn RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bond $350 still not returned 6 weeks, 30 working days later.

Bond $350 still not returned. Car returned to Cairns depot 10/2. When we hired the car staff said bond would be returned 5-10 working days. Nurmerous emails and phone calls later still no refund 30 working days later. They appear to be using bond money to fund their business. Going to lodge a Visa dispute at the bank. I’ll update if I get the bond back. My feeling - they’re heading to bankruptcy, and we’re all unsecured creditors.

Vehicle TypeKia
Mai

MaiCanberra Central 2601, ACT

My $350 deposit never returned - please bring this company to justice. They keep stealing money from people

I got charged $350 deposit but they hasn’t returned. I called many times and they keep saying that they sent the request to the account area for processing but I still haven’t heard anything back for 2 weeks.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Santa Fe SM
See all Atlas Car & Truck Rental reviews

Troy V.

Troy V.asked

Want to know wye you can't book a car on line.. Are yours out of business for not paying bills?

Merissa B.

Merissa B.asked

Can I cancel a reservation that was done online?

Where are your terms and conditions on your offical website in regards to cancellation as you currently don’t have any?

Kazza K.asked

Where is my $350 security bond not returned. My name is Karl Downing and i hired the car on February 1st in good faith that it would be returned. If it isnt returned in the next week i will be taking legal action against you. It will cost a lot more than the $350 Security bond i payed as you will end up paying court costs as i have to verify. Pay up as i will be taking legal action against you

Dispute transaction with your bank and complain to every consumer protection organisation in Australia

AHav
AHav

Like you Atlas has taken my money and continues to take it periodically without my prior knowledge and absolutely no indication of why they have taken it. They just deduct $55 (twice) from my account for a $3 toll that I had already paid. They claim it's an administration fee for forwarding a letter I have never even received. I am also working on a complaint to the ACCC. If anyone is interested in a class action against Atlas's then please let me know.

Kazza K.

Got my security deposit back. Went to our bank who suggested that we go to the one near us .We did and after showing them the bank papers ,they couldn't be more helpful. Got my security deposit back within 5 days. That was a suprise but a good one. Hope this helps you.

See all Atlas Car & Truck Rental questions