Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Adelaide visitor
Adelaide visitorNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Reliable, what I needed

The arrangements were handled smoothly. The office was rather basic, but then again, I wasn't renting the office. The car was clean, worked well. No complaints. I'd use them again.

Brad M.
Brad M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely awful. I will be telling people to never book a car through Atlas.

I had a terrible problem, your head office dumped the rental office to fix when returning and then the rental office said only head office can fix it. Have been told will try and fix but haven't heard anything. No one is calling me back. You are greedy and clearly don't value customers.

If you want the facts call me on 0409 151 672. I am not wasting any more of my time on this.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf
Brett Vance
Brett VanceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient, Convenient and Cost Effective

Staff are personable, thorough and friendly. I was efficiently dealt with on pick up and delivery, I got an upgrade and the car was perfect for our needs. Great to have a car company in the suburbs near a train station that is open at 7am on a Sunday.

Car Rental Services

Find out how Atlas Car & Truck Rental compares to other Car Rental Services

Easy process and comfy car

No nonsense quick and easy processing. Car perfect for our needs. Scrapes and minor dents on car notated before our departure saving hassles on return.
Bond on credit card returned promptly. Overall satisfied with service.

Vehicle TypeEconomy

Amazing 10/10

Customer service was amazing, bond and payment was handled very well and super easy. The vehicle was not what I was expecting it was better. I used the vehicle for exploring around Sydney was difficult to find parking in the city but other than that was very good

No Bond Returned for Over a month

I hired and returned the vehicle in line with the policy.
Even though the vehicle almost immediately needed oil topped up and the Aircon was terrible.
I paid for the full insurance policy with the car - ie no excess for damage
I returned the car on-time with no damage.
There has been no follow up from the company at all.
I've emailed - No response
I've called - to a barrage excused and no time frames given just an excuse about manual processing.
Do not rent a car with these people

Vehicle TypeRenault Captur J87
Mitch
MitchWestern Australia

Failure to return $350 bond

Bond not Returned

Hired a car for 5 days in feb. returned it on the 4th feb and have rang about 5 times, with broken promises. on top of that i booked online through airport rentals with insurance package, to then arrive to pick up the car and be told that i could be up for thousands if we have to claim. so i purchased a 2nd insurance pack from them for $140. Still waiting for bond to be returned, simply go somewhere else. do not hire from this company.

Bruno
BrunoNortheast, VIC

Car good, service good but...

Rented a VW Golf on 27/2. Day rental, car clean and reception friendly.
Nearly a month and several calls later and $350 security bond still not returned.
Accounts dept. rings and answered by a message bank- zero replies to date.
Spoken to the booking office and they sent an email (with me as cc receipt.) to accounts asking them to expedite.
Still waiting and getting very upset...

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf
Car Rental Services

Find out how Atlas Car & Truck Rental compares to other Car Rental Services

Ana Carolina Pettirossi
Ana Carolina PettirossiSydney, NSW

DO NOT RENT! BOND NOT RETURNED

Hi everyone,

DO NOT rent from this company. They do not return the bond. I keep getting messages that they will release the bond but they don't know when. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
It's unbelievable!

I'm gonna make a complaint at Fair Trading and hope for the best. They are holding $350 for 6 weeks now.

Lyn R
Lyn RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bond $350 still not returned 6 weeks, 30 working days later.

Bond $350 still not returned. Car returned to Cairns depot 10/2. When we hired the car staff said bond would be returned 5-10 working days. Nurmerous emails and phone calls later still no refund 30 working days later. They appear to be using bond money to fund their business. Going to lodge a Visa dispute at the bank. I’ll update if I get the bond back. My feeling - they’re heading to bankruptcy, and we’re all unsecured creditors.

Vehicle TypeKia
Mai
MaiCanberra Central 2601, ACT

My $350 deposit never returned - please bring this company to justice. They keep stealing money from people

I got charged $350 deposit but they hasn’t returned. I called many times and they keep saying that they sent the request to the account area for processing but I still haven’t heard anything back for 2 weeks.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Santa Fe SM
See all Atlas Car & Truck Rental reviews

Troy V.
Troy V.asked

Want to know wye you can't book a car on line.. Are yours out of business for not paying bills?

Merissa B.
Merissa B.asked

Can I cancel a reservation that was done online?

Where are your terms and conditions on your offical website in regards to cancellation as you currently don’t have any?

Kazza K.asked

Where is my $350 security bond not returned. My name is Karl Downing and i hired the car on February 1st in good faith that it would be returned. If it isnt returned in the next week i will be taking legal action against you. It will cost a lot more than the $350 Security bond i payed as you will end up paying court costs as i have to verify. Pay up as i will be taking legal action against you

Dispute transaction with your bank and complain to every consumer protection organisation in Australia

AHav
AHav

Like you Atlas has taken my money and continues to take it periodically without my prior knowledge and absolutely no indication of why they have taken it. They just deduct $55 (twice) from my account for a $3 toll that I had already paid. They claim it's an administration fee for forwarding a letter I have never even received. I am also working on a complaint to the ACCC. If anyone is interested in a class action against Atlas's then please let me know.

Kazza K.

Got my security deposit back. Went to our bank who suggested that we go to the one near us .We did and after showing them the bank papers ,they couldn't be more helpful. Got my security deposit back within 5 days. That was a suprise but a good one. Hope this helps you.

See all Atlas Car & Truck Rental questions