Kassab

KassabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Car is very old 13000 kl petrol was not full when I took the car a lot of noise in the steering wheel

Very bad
Car with full of scratches especially on the back
The car was not full of petrol and asked me to return at the same level which was impossible
High kilometres 130000

Dissatisfied with several aspects of the service proposition

a) Rental order was initially lost (miscommunication with Rentalcars)
b) Specific request for a manual vehicle ignored and unfulfilled
c) Request for booster seats for kids only partially fulfilled
Staff at the base did their best to accommodate, however, clearly a disconnect between the Rentalcars.com and Atlas (actual rental car company)

Lee

LeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dissatisfied with many aspects

The shuttle was very much delayed at the start. The bond scheme is exorbitant compared to other companies. The vehicle was damaged and seemed to be poorly maintained with a few issues during the hire. I normally use others and will continue to do so based on my experience.

Booking Process
Vehicle Condition

Find out how Atlas Car & Truck Rental compares to other Car Rental Services

Car condition was not good

Booked a full size car. Got a Toyota Camry but the car was more than 120000 kms driven and also it was very dirty and smelling like fish. I had to open the window for atleast an hour to remove that smell. Brakes were making sound.

Tara1986

Tara1986Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not customer thinking

Poor experience

Arrived at the airport thinking I could get in the car and go. No sorry, had.to telephone them, wait for the shuttle bus, get on the bus to go to the depot off site from the airport. Then find out the Kia carnival I had booked had been superseded with a Hyundai Imax vehicle that was hardly roadworthy. As I'm about to drive out one hour after I'd arrived there was just over a quarter of a tank of fuel in the car. Spoke to them, yeah sorry about that. Make sure it's at that level or better when you return it. Returning the vehicle I got questioned why I had not filled it up. Luckily I took photos of the fuel level and Speedo on pickup. I rent regularly but won't be renting through these guys ever again. A disappointing experience.

Bob

BobSydney, NSW

Car in unsafe condition

I hired the car at the start of school holidays in Queensland. The car I booked was not available?! They dug deep to find the car they gave me. I complained about the dents and another car was provided. It had been through some rough treatment in its days. It wasn't till I was on the highway that I discovered the suspension was shot. This was an unsafe car. Shocking. Dodgy Brothers.

mike

mikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Will not hire from here again

Bond payment to long nearly all other hire companies back within 2 working days cars are not up to scratch first car chip in windscreen 2nd air did not work 3rd one light did not work 4th car great.

Marco

MarcoSydney, NSW

Car was ok but the tank was not filled and no after-hours dropoff.

Nishi

NishiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shuttle service, lengthy process and exorbitant bond amount

I was taken by many surprises in 1 day as this was my first Car rental experience in Adelaide. First the shuttle service from Airport to the office. Then all the paper work, inspection and to kill the deal, for 1 day service, they took whopping 1000$ Bond amount which is yet to come into my account as it takes 10 business day to deposit. My whole calculation has gone for a toss. Would prefer to directly rent from the Airport next time which should be quick and way lesser bond amount fee. But the car was clean and in very good condition. Rental price was also fine. No issues with that.

marjsyd

marjsydSydney, NSW

Shuttle Bus Service from Airport

Hi, I was taken by surprise by the shuttle bus service never experienced this before. It was confusing and took approximately 3 hours off my trip, by the time all the details of using a shuttle bus had been accounted for time wise. I would not have booked the car if I knew in advance the shuttle bus service was part of the arrangement. Now I know I am better prepared not to make the same mistake in the future. Car was clean and some staff friendly, although I booked a Toyota Yaris and got a Suzuki Swift instead!

Cheers

Jason

Great truck but pointless when lift doesn't work

Vehicle was great but hard to move a house when the Lift doesn't work/not provided with the tools to use it. This is rather disappointing when you have a short time limit.

Booking Process
Vehicle Condition

I will never go with Atlas

Waiting for 30 minutes in cold weather of Melbourne for the shuttle to arrive and pick us up .GPS was not available and at the end they charged us $50 for petrol .we had consumed maximum 10 litres .I called them couple of times but no one cared

Bobabbotsford

BobabbotsfordGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad experience collecting vehicle

Am waiting to collect vehicle at Melbourne City office, hopelessly inadequate staffing. Long queue waiting in the cold windy road. Why don't you provide somewhere for people to stand and wait?

Andre

AndreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Had to call them more than three times while im overseas just to get my bond deposit back.

My deposit bond finally refunded after 1+ month and multiple emails and phone calls and roaming mobile phone cost that I had to pay myself. I was overseas and I had to try to contact them before my bank can help with the disputing the transaction. The service was OK its just the refund process of security bond is very troublesome

Grace

GraceSouth East Queensland, QLD

... finally a refund...

Car Rental at Tullamarine early Mar 19 - No Bond refund after two weeks - then proceeded to go through the suggested channels as mentioned by fellow reviewers, we lodged a credit card dispute with Nab, and emails to customercare@atlasrent.com.au 5 Apr - we got a reply, it was being "processed" - 14 days later we emailed asking for our refund NOW - then a reply saying it was being deposited (reply not computer generated) ... 24 April - it is now refunded.
Two star rating... Pickup from airport was ok, the car was aok, the two day hire - turned into a two month inconvenience.

Deposit still not refunded

Wasn't car I booked. Car was damaged before I hired it. They charged my credit card the bond when it is only supposed to be held. Have gone to ACCC

The after rental experience is bad

The worst is the after rental. It has been more than 25 days and my bond hasn't returned yet. Callcenter couldn't do anything, as they said by themselves. A nightmare

EggHobart, TAS

Atlas charge a $350 deposit which is not refunded for 7-10 working days

Atlas car rental charge a $350 AUD deposit, which they invest on the short term money market to make cash on the side. This is unethical and was not declared by the hird party online broker.

Scott A.Atlas Car & Truck Rental

Atlas are experiencing issue with the system that’s causing the refund to be delayed. Atlas is already aware of this and is working with the bank to have this fix asap

You are an unethical
company and I am contacting the Ombudsmen today.

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Pay the extra money and go with another company.

See all Atlas Car & Truck Rental reviews

Troy V.

Troy V.asked

Want to know wye you can't book a car on line.. Are yours out of business for not paying bills?

Merissa B.

Merissa B.asked

Can I cancel a reservation that was done online?

Where are your terms and conditions on your offical website in regards to cancellation as you currently don’t have any?

Kazza K.asked

Where is my $350 security bond not returned. My name is Karl Downing and i hired the car on February 1st in good faith that it would be returned. If it isnt returned in the next week i will be taking legal action against you. It will cost a lot more than the $350 Security bond i payed as you will end up paying court costs as i have to verify. Pay up as i will be taking legal action against you

Dispute transaction with your bank and complain to every consumer protection organisation in Australia

AHav
AHav

Like you Atlas has taken my money and continues to take it periodically without my prior knowledge and absolutely no indication of why they have taken it. They just deduct $55 (twice) from my account for a $3 toll that I had already paid. They claim it's an administration fee for forwarding a letter I have never even received. I am also working on a complaint to the ACCC. If anyone is interested in a class action against Atlas's then please let me know.

Kazza K.

Got my security deposit back. Went to our bank who suggested that we go to the one near us .We did and after showing them the bank papers ,they couldn't be more helpful. Got my security deposit back within 5 days. That was a suprise but a good one. Hope this helps you.

See all Atlas Car & Truck Rental questions