Atwell & Co

See the Best Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do Not Use Attwell & Co - Absolutely Terrible

The owner of Atwella and Co was the manager of the property we rented. She and her staff were not nice during all communication exchanges. It was very difficult to get in contact with them as they use a paid service to answer their calls. They never returned calls and took forever to respond to emails. Absolutely unprofessional and unfriendly. Their systems/process are inefficient and customer service is appalling. I have actually avoided buying a property from them purely because of the bad experience we had through them.

Thank you for great and prompt service.

I would like to thanks [name removed] for her prompt management of an issue we had when we moved in to our new apartment. It was late Friday afternoon and calls where made to have the problem fixed and we are very happy with the friendly and prompt responce we recieved. I have leased apartments for the past 5 years and never had such good service. I would recomend them to all people I know.

Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff

As a relatively inexperienced and new player onto the property seen I was taken aback at the level of customer service the team at Atwell & Co offer. Jumping onto the property ladder is daunting for a first time investor and having people that you can rely on for their honesty and knowledge is nothing that can be taken for granted. The team here definitely delivered in spades. I felt that while I was in control of the process, I was given advice that was tailored to my situation and circumstances. I would highly recommend others to try out the services of Atwell & Co. You definitely will not regret it! I for one will be using them again for my future investment properties.

Great service!

I have recently purchased a property through Atwell and co. Just wanted to thank the team for there Fantastic service, made the transition into our first family home so much easier. Would highly recommend Atwell and Co to anyone looking to purchase a property. I was referred to Atwell and co by a family member who currently uses them for propety management.

Happy customer

I recently dealt with this real estate company and I am extremely pleased. The young lady that was looking after me was so helpful and she really knew her stuff. I believe her name is [name removed] or something like that. I highly recommend this company and definitely ask for [name removed] as she will help you out!
extremely helpful

Atwell and Co! Avoid

We all know that real estate agents aren’t known for their honesty, but the lady I have been dealing with at Atwell & Co (a dodgy Prahan-based real estate agency) takes the cake. As a buyer, I inspected a property that was listed by Atwell & Co late last year. As part of the purchase negotiations, the agent representing the vendor promised that the agency would fix, at its expense, the defective dishwasher if I proceeded with the purchase. I thought it somewhat unusual that the agency would absorb this expense itself, but obviously the commission it was making from the sale rendered it worthwhile (the purchase price of the property was approx $800k).

I proceeded with the purchase, settled on the property, and now the agent is refusing to fix the dishwasher, citing that the property has now settled and it no longer manages, or has anything to do with, the property. I have an email from the agent telling me that she would take care of the dishwasher when she returned from leave, but I was too slack to write this into the contract as a special condition (yes, I realise I was an idiot for expecting the agent to honour her word – consider it a lesson learned!).

This is as much a rant about my own recklessness in ensuring that the documentation was not properly in order as it is about the agency’s belligerence in resiling from the agreement. I intend to take the matter further by way of a complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria, and then to VCAT, but I thought I’d write this message hoping that it will act as a warning to others about using this outfit, either as buyer or seller.

Unethical and deceptive

Standard property management company

The company consists of the owner and a "business developement manager" who essentially recruits clients. The business development manager does not assist with any problem. As a result problems and phone calls are responded to very slowly. My experience is that it takes days for calls to be returned if they are returned at all. If you have a stable property with stable tenants you will probably not have any problems. However you may be better off with a bigger company if you wish to avoid any frustrations with problems which may arise. They do not answer calls on weekends or public holidays in case of any emergencies.
Friendly
Not reliable, slow responses

Satisfied Owner

Having two properties managed by Atwell & Co, we are extremely happy with the service of all the staff. We have never had any trouble from the very suitable tennants they have rented our houses too and our money is credited at the agreed times. Property inspections are carried out regularily and a report sent to us. It is a pleasure to find this level of professionalism after the experience our previous agent.
professional, pleasant, reliable

Excellent attention to detail

It's refreshing to dael with an agency that understands the important details. After nearly two years with Atwell and Co we are confident that our properties are being professionally managed, our tenants are happy and all the paperwork, inspections and importantly payments are accurate and on time. Our tenants are very comfortable with the efficient level of communication and so are we.
Excellent and timely communication, pleasant and willing staff, worry free operation.

Pro-active agent

I have been a client of Atwell and Co for 10 years now I have found Morag Atwell to be a plesure to work with my rent is always paid on time and I would refer my freinds and family to Atwell and co. My dealing have been refreshing a pleasant change from my former Property Manager
reliable

The worst real estate agency of all time

Atwell and co are by far the worst agency i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. their staff are completely incompetent and wouldn't know the difference between customer service and their elbow if their life depended on it. stay away from this lot or you'll be utterly disappointed!

Unprofessional, never return calls, completely incompetent

Poor service

I am a landlord and I have just recently purchased a property. I have found out that Atwell & Co are the property managers. Can I say that Atwell & Co Prahran are totally unethical. They do not return calls or place funds in to your account when promised. Basically use somebody else if you require service and returned calls. My solictior called her in excess of twenty times do you think Atwell & Co would call back, nup. Atwell & Co the place NOT to go to if you require service or money paid to you on time. They are the worst agents I have ever dealt with.

The worlds worst service