Audi A1 8X

Audi A1 8X (2010-2018) (page 2 of 2)

Sport, Ambition, Attraction, etc...

• Acceleration / Power

vasques
vasques

Catherine

Catherineasked

I’m thinking of buying a second hand 2013 Audi A1 attraction and just wondering what are others experiences with them. I don’t want to just sort with my money but it seems like a good deal.

Lucy D.

Lucy D.asked

Are Audi A1’s a good second hand car?

evanasked

how is he reliability of an audi a1 2015. have there been many gearbox computer issues?

Xavier
Xavier

I’ve not had any gearbox issues with my A1; no other issues. I’ve always had my cars serviced at the dealer.

Great I would do that too - thanks

Suzanne
Suzanne

I think that the gear box was an issue in prior year models (2011 is ringing a bell) but unsure which models although a mechanic told me my gear box was starting to slip a bit and the car was shuddering at low speed quite badly but it did not completely fail while i had it but please keep in mind I sold mine at 3 years and my car was the 2015 A1 diesel model not petrol if that makes a difference. And yes I only had it serviced at Audi. My main computer did fail at 2 years and this did take 2 weeks to replace as they had to get it from Germany and after they gave it back to me the injectors failed too. Apparently if the computer fails this causes the injectors to fail but they do not fix both at the one time they wait for the injectors to fail. This is scary as no lights come on on the dash the car just rolls backwards when you drive if you are on a hill which I was as no diesel was getting through. The car felt funny as it lacked power but only on a hill did it simply roll back.
Funnily enough every time something went wrong with my car is when I was on a hill ie at traffic lights with the brake on and when I would put my foot on the accelerator errors on the dash would light up or the car would not go. Hope you have better luck with yours kind regards S

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives