See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

beachsider

vasques
vasques

Lucy D.

Lucy D.asked

Are Audi A1’s a good second hand car?

evanasked

how is he reliability of an audi a1 2015. have there been many gearbox computer issues?

Xavier
Xavier

I’ve not had any gearbox issues with my A1; no other issues. I’ve always had my cars serviced at the dealer.

Great I would do that too - thanks

Suzanne

I think that the gear box was an issue in prior year models (2011 is ringing a bell) but unsure which models although a mechanic told me my gear box was starting to slip a bit and the car was shuddering at low speed quite badly but it did not completely fail while i had it but please keep in mind I sold mine at 3 years and my car was the 2015 A1 diesel model not petrol if that makes a difference. And yes I only had it serviced at Audi. My main computer did fail at 2 years and this did take 2 weeks to replace as they had to get it from Germany and after they gave it back to me the injectors failed too. Apparently if the computer fails this causes the injectors to fail but they do not fix both at the one time they wait for the injectors to fail. This is scary as no lights come on on the dash the car just rolls backwards when you drive if you are on a hill which I was as no diesel was getting through. The car felt funny as it lacked power but only on a hill did it simply roll back.
Funnily enough every time something went wrong with my car is when I was on a hill ie at traffic lights with the brake on and when I would put my foot on the accelerator errors on the dash would light up or the car would not go. Hope you have better luck with yours kind regards S

Rosanne F

Rosanne Fasked

my audi A1 has a transmission problem its a 2014 model The transmission is completely destroyed Has there been a recall on this model for this problem?

Suzanne

Sorry it's taken a while to reply I found ur email in my promotions not in my inbox. My Audi had so many problems. The main computer etc. My transmission was not right either it was slipping a mechanic told me. The audi dealership will admit to nothing until ur car is brought to them on the back of a truck and then they do the bare minumum even if they are aware that the problem has triggered another issue, which happened in my case. And yes they were fully aware the audi mechanic told me. Ppl have suggested they don't like the heat but I'm not sure. I sold mine as I was scared of driving it. Also my Audi was the diesel model. I have googled transmission problems after my mechanic friend announced my transmission was slipping and it is an issue with audi's. He could hear it apparently and he told me to get rid of it. I traded it and bought a new car and lost $20000 but it was the best thing i ever did my car was a nightmare. All the best and I feel for you. It is so stressful and I could not believe how much the dealership didn't care.. Keep smiling S x

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives

Audi A1 8X (No Badge)
  • Discontinued

Audi A1 8X (No Badge) (2010-2018)

Audi A1 8X Ambition
  • Discontinued

Audi A1 8X Ambition (2010-2018)

3.0
Audi A1 8X Attraction
  • Discontinued

Audi A1 8X Attraction (2010-2018)

3.5
Audi A1 8X S Line
  • Discontinued

Audi A1 8X S Line (2010-2018)

Audi A1 8X Sport
  • Discontinued

Audi A1 8X Sport (2010-2018)

4.9
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $28,900$33,450$29,900$40,800$29,500
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)ManualManualDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT) and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels15" Alloy16" Alloy15" Alloy17" Alloy16" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors55555
Seats55555
Fuel Consumption4.4 L/100km5.4 L/100km5.4 L/100km5.6 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 45 L45 L45 L45 L45 L
Engine3 Cylinder 1.0L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 1.4L
Max Power70kW @ 5500rpm90kW @ 5000rpm90kW @ 5000rpm141kW @ 5400rpm92kW @ 5000rpm
Max Torque160Nm @ 1500-3500rpm200Nm @ 1500-4000rpm200Nm @ 1500-4000rpm250Nm @ 1250-5300rpm200Nm @ 1400-4000rpm
Country of ManufactureBelgiumBelgiumBelgiumBelgiumBelgium
Safety Features
Extra Features
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2010Jan 2010Jan 2010Jan 2010Jan 2010