Audi A6 C6

3.0

Jenncoo

Jenncoo

ME TOO - TWICE!!

I LOVED that car - until - we had the same problem as another reviewer. The engine blew with an unservicable part. Replaced the engine at some considerable cost, only to have the same thing happen 3 years later. We decided to cut our losses and not try for a third time - didn't feel that lucky. The NRMA guys who attended to my breakdown told me this was a common problem as did the tow truck guy. I couldn't believe it. Still can't. A beautiful car just abandoned because of one unservicable part. I would love to get another Audi but just couldn't. I also have a Merc 280SL and 300CE and even though they break down - they can be fixed.

BodyWagon
    Badge$50,000
    Engine Size4.2
    TransmissionAutomatic
    Date PurchasedApr 2005
    yuan fang

yuan fang

very desecnt car

i purchased a 2006 3.0 diesel quattro audi a6, which cost me 19000 bucks, diesel car is very powerful, 0-100 km 7.4 sec which could make me good drive on sydney road What a great car! Refined luxury, nicely finished inside. Has heaps of smooth power with excellent fuel economy (5.5L/100Km). Plenty of leg and head room for us tall people. Great sound system. Easily the best car we have owned. Audi Sutherland sales and service above average.

BadgeBi-Turbo
    Engine Size3.0
    TransmissionAutomatic
    Date PurchasedSep 2006
    Andrew

AndrewSydney

Great Car

I got the Quattro 3L turbo diesel in 2009 and have enjoyed every minute of owning it. Much better than the previous A6. Just be careful if you are going to get it services at Pennant Hills Audi - they left tiny scratches all over the car and denied it completely.
    Absolute pleasure to drive
    Service and repairs can be expensive

Wagons

Find out how Audi A6 C6 compares to other Wagons

sampson3199

sampson3199

Terrible

This was a very expensive car and the dealer was very arrogant about warranty work. Although this brand is respected, I have lost all respect for it. I even went to Ingolstat in Germany to complain but got no joy at all. They said Audi Australia puts the tyres on and AA said they had no problem with those tyres. Why then did they stop using them and go to Pirellis??? Buyer beware.
    Great Diesel motor. Air lift suspension Ok. Nice looking car. Fun to drive. Had some capability off road.
    Came with 1 ply rating sidewalls in Good Year tyres. They all blew out. Audi Australia nor the dealer would help. Spare tyre is a fool of a thing. Try to inflate it with the pump supplied in the dark and you will see why I will never again buy an Audi.

BodyWagon
    avanti
    avanti

I know two other owners who have had tyre problems with this model. Audi really need toa ddress this.

Tom3939
    Tom3939

I had the same problem with Pirellis on an A4, the front tyres were bald after 35,000 kms on bitumen

Sydney_shop

Sydney_shopAU

Looks good.

I have had 2 Audi A6 bought from Audi Parramatta. Both we very bad. The latest one the engine blew and it cost me $5000 to pull the engine out and fix the cylinders. The part that caused the damage was a part that can't be serviced. This part should last 200,000 to 300,000 km but it snapped and bent the valves. No cover or responsibility taken by Audi. The car was serviced there from new. When you buy a brand luxury car take it to your local mechanic. This way you wont get some apprentice stuffing your car up.
    Looks good
    Bad quality all round. Had 2 of them and both had major problems

KelMil

KelMil

Bad

Our Audi A6 TDI Quattro has all the hallmarks of a lemon. Within the 3 yr new car warranty period we had to have the transmission replaced, the turbo replaced and it has constant electrical faults. Our second Audi and nothing like our first. Even worse, Audi Australia (which is obviously aware of all the warranty claims) has never contacted us to discuss the car's poor quality. Oh, incidentally, it has always been serviced on time at Audi dealerships. Next car will probably be a Lexus - we have heard the after-sales service is second to none.
    Great performance, easy to drive, intuitive systems.
    Poor quality engineering.