8Audi Q3

Audi Q3 (2012-2024) Questions & Answers

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Audi Q3 2023 and Audi Q3 2025.
Ron L
Ron L · Q3 8U (2012-2018)

Why have the TPMS,ABS,ANTI SKID,POWER STEERING , LOW TYRE PRESSURE warning lights appear in the dash? Also the message that the start stop function is not operational appears on occasions.
The vehicle still operates as intended but there must be an electrical issue that underlies these issues

Ron L
Ron L · Q3 8U (2012-2018)

Why have the TPMS,ABS,ANTI SKID,POWER STEERING , LOW TYRE PRESSURE warning lights appear in the dash?Also the message that the start stop function is not operational appears on occasions.

Jake Mcgrath
Jake Mcgrath · Q3 (2012-2024)

If a fault is diagnosed by an ‘A grade mechanic’ prior to the end date of the warranty, is it still covered under the warranty or does the fault need to be diagnosed by an Audi dealership?

Matjack
Matjack · Q3 8U (2012-2018)

Considering buying the TDI Q3. I have never bought turbo diesel before or Audi for that matter. Can people who have owned this vehicle expand my knowledge on performance and satisfaction? They look smart.

DanielO
DanielO

Hi

The car looks very smart. I 've had the Audi Q3 now since July and despite what I wrote in my review, I have become accustomed to it. It's a nice car to sit in and drive but the turbo can be annoying. That remains an issue for me. It doesn't take off smoothly like some other cars, be it the turbo or whatever. Personally and in my ignorance, the turbo / transmission or whatever else will likely improve in design and function over the years, but it remains annoying when needing to take off quickly when in certain traffic situations. And then when it does move, it catapults foward. I've gotten used to how to accelerate to allow for this, but the moments when i need to accelerate quickly remain a problem for me.

My Audi is petrol. From what I've read, I understand that diesel is worse in city driving but I don't know.

Now that I've had the car for 6 months, I'm generally happy with it - comfortable and very nice looking, but apart from the turbo, the petrol consumption is apparently also not the most economical.

Good luck.

Legend
Legend · Q3 8U (2012-2018)

is it normal to have a heavy and resistant steering after the second week you pick up your car? Thanks. IT is Audi Q3 quattro TDI and consume more petrol?

Hi. Steering should be light and easy. Get it fixed. Good luck

Legend

Hi Damo, thank you. I brought back to car dealership and they told me everything is normal. So I brought to another mechanic and they scan for me and telling me the scan is normal. But the mechanic told me that it can still be the hydraulic pump failure. He could not fix it for me as it is still under warranty which they want me to bring back to car dealership. I think car dealership will still tell me it is normal as computer showed normal. I am very disappointed with the performance of the car.

Doug14
Doug14

No steering should be firm but easy. Everything loosens up nicely after a few thousand k. If it's a tdi you should be using diesel. I get about 6k a litre.

Legend
Legend · Q3 8U (2012-2018)

Is Q3 Quattro steering supposed to be heavy and resistant after one week you drove it?

Damo

no. see above. it should be light (actually too light)

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives

Select a listing for your question
Audi Q3 (2012-2024)