Audi Q7 4L TDI

Audi Q7 4L TDI (2006-2015)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dean

Dean

Fantastic

This is a great family car, i have a mustang and my wife uses the Q7, or when we are together we use this. As a family car is has plenty of room, very economical and safe. It's very ease to drive, when we first got it, i likened it to driving a cloud.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Best car ever!!!

We owned Audi Q7 over 2 years now. Excellent condition. Other than regular servicing & changing tire we did not spent even 1 single cent on other kinds of repairs etc. Very comfortable for long drive. Love this car. Would love to recommend Audi Q7 if you are looking to buy new car.

Engine Size3.6 FSI
Date PurchasedMay 2015

Oil leak

I wish I had never looked for q7.oil leak is just inrepairable. Car is not worth for the money. Fix one leak and it starts leaking from another point car has only done about 90k and this is just absolutely piece of crap . Will never look for another Audi in future and also tell my all friends not to go for anything made from Audi. After sale service is shocking.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

SunnySydney

4.2l TDI Oil Leak

Date PurchasedNov 2007

AP47

AP47Hobart

Love this car

Just picked up a used 2010 Q7 for my wife and we are loving it - we can get 3 bigger car seats across the middle row and the rear seats are actually usable for a 7 seat SUV

The 3.0 TDI engine is powerful, but quite quiet on the road and the MMI system is easy to use, overall it's a great package and a stunning looking vehicle (in my opinion anyway!)

Would highly recommend to anyone with a growing family

Date PurchasedJun 2017

StormieC

StormieCsydney

High service and repair costs

Date PurchasedApr 2011

ChrisGT

ChrisGTNSW, 2156

Secure, Comfortable and 4.2 Litre V8 Power with Fuel Efficiency

Great car - the ride is comfortable, and for an SUV, you don't feel like you are driving a tank, very little body roll and very responsive vehicle. The one thing I don't like too much about this Audi is the Multimedia input for your iPhone, which needs to be done via a cable and the TMC does not work in Australia.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Best most reliable I have owned

Marty
Marty
Glen

GlenYarraville

hasnt lived up to the hype!

We really thought this car would deliver so much more. The pre-sale hype just hasn't been delivered. We have done 25,000ks and I must say that for the price we are sadly disappointed.
I think we will think long and hard before we look at purchasing another Audi. Especially a 4wd.

Samster

SamsterMelbourne

Make sure you buy a Wednesday Vehicle !!

MICK B

MICK BSYDNEY

I have driven many different cars in the last 20 years but the Q7 is the worst.

Even though the car was worth $100k, it felt more like a $10k car. The suspension is too stiff and could feel every bump on the road. The engine light keeps coming on randomly and have taken it to 5 different Audi dealers multiple times and nobody can fix the problem. The control panel/knobs are so nonuser friendly and way to confusing. The engine is gutless and sounds like a truck. I can go on and on but I have already wasted too much time talking about this rubbish car. Just don't buy one or if you have, sell it immediately.

Love my Q 7

TransmissionAutomatic

Money pit and poor engineering

Don't do it!! I had a 2009 Q7 S line, and before 65000 km had faulty tailgate, fuel door wouldn't open, dropped lower injector seals, failed water pump and burnt engine oil. Another guy In town has had his Q7 engine out at 45000 with rear main seal issues.Excessively expensive service costs, our closest dealer was over 150 Kim's away. You spend $90K on a car and you expect a little better. My first Hyundai Excel ran without fault for over 200000kms at $18k, go figure. I dropped a heap of cash on the trade as I could not bring myself to sell this lemon privately. Now have a Toyota Landcruiser and love it. You may look cool in an Audi but it will send you broke and let you down. Hope this helps in your decision.

Nathan C

Nathan CGold Coast

Worst customer service!!

HOBBIT

HOBBITTURRAMURRA

Initially great. Now a money pit.

Magnificent Piece of Kit

Purchased a 2014 Q7 4.2 TDI, just put 5000ks on the car. No idea where the tyre issues come from, I cant see any wear so far and we've done a bit of towing (fitted with 295/35/21 P Zeros). The car is fabulous to drive, gobbles up klms like nothing Ive driven before (including the MB GL350 it replaced), full tank of 100 Litres got us from Sydney to Gold Coast with a quarter tank left! finally filled up at 1120ks and it took 83L not bad for a 2.5ton Vehicle. Ride is superb, quiet, pulls like a Mac truck and corners like no other large SUV. So far Everything on the car has been perfect and Audi Sydney have to be commended for service. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Disgruntled2929

Disgruntled2929Sydney

AUDI Q7 4.2 TDI

I bought a Q7 4.2 TDI in early 2008 and have gone through 5 sets of tyres, 3 sets of discs and brakes, and had numerous electronic issues. Servicing is very expensive not to mention the cost of discs and brakes from Audi service. Use Cooper Tires instead of others as they last ages. I learned this after my third set in less than 70000km. Ive done almost 115000km now and do love its engine and guts and will keep it as long as I can, but have found a better dealership to get it serviced at.
Engine!!! Comfort, sound-proofness, internal size better than Landcruiser.
$$ to service and maintain

lovemycar
lovemycar

What is the story with the poor customer service with Audi? Seriously looking at something else next time even though I love the car.

Leanne
Leanne

If you want to replace your brakes for your Q7, we purchased from Imparts in Perth, the cost for 4 sets of brakes including sensors was $595 Total, Audi Perth quoted nearly $3000 including fitting, way too much.

Paul
Paul

My second year service for Q7 Audi is costing $3800! includes brake pads and discs.
Very Expensive!!

OK

Nice car but wouldn't buy another. Too big and cumbersome in the city and poor off-road. Audi customer service is arrogant
I have owned four new Audis and know the brand well. I have a 3 litre deisel. It is intuitive, comfortable and reasonably fuel efficient. A pleasure to drive on wide open roads and in country towns
It is not suitable for off-road. Poor grip and control. Under-carriage has exposed wires which are vulnerable to being ripped off. I lost a power steering wire which cost $3,000 to repair. Ground clearance poor. Easy to ground out front and rear ends. Large size is not conducive to city driving and parking