5Audi Q7

Audi Q7 Questions & Answers

Boby C.
Boby C. · Q7 4M (2015-2024)

Hello , I am from Morton Grove Illinois USA and I have 2015Audi Q7 and from time my Audi dealerships in Morton grove change the Harmonic balancer my Audi Q7 start showing signs of violent leak and oil leak and due to that my serpanatine belt always comes out .
Audi of morton grove fix the issues at least 6 times and I still have the same issue and now they saying I. We’d to change the violent shutoff valve which is not covered under TDI warranty and they said it’s going to cost me $ 3000 dollars . How can I find out if it’s covers under the TDI warranty?
Almost a year I am going back and forth to the Audi dealership in morton grove with the same issues. Any one have any suggestions or I need to call Audi or call my lawyer? Thanks in advance for your advices
Boby Chirayil

Zainab K.
Zainab K. · Q7

Hi guys I have q7 2006
Coolint and oli mixed up and car temperature goes reli high
Any solution?

Barry D
Barry D · Q7

Unable to open glove compartment?

burhan k.
burhan k. · Q7

Hi all, just a quick question, my q7 2008 mirrors and sun roof not working, not even a sound or nothing, did anyone have this problem, i got told its a control module, fult. any awnsers. thankyou

Otis
Otis · Q7

What's the q7 V8 diesel engine like

Yarra1
Yarra1

Hi Otis
We owned one for 5 years - couldn't fault it - great for towing, everything seemed effortless huge torque - lots of power. Uses a little more fuel than the 3.0 diesel, but well worth it for the extra performance from my perspective

simon
simon · Q7 4M (2015-2024)

I have to fill up coolant twice in one month . 2016 3.0 TDI 40000 km . Anyone with leaking coolant issue ? What cost to replace faulty coolant shutoff valve?

LemonQ7

sounds like that is the problem.. mine was repaired under warranty so no idea of cost sorry..glad we got the extended warranty!! yours is low kms.. 40,000km/2016... by memory mine went around the same time(km's).. all the best... maybe take to dealer you brought from to diagnose and kick up a stink and you never know

Steven E.
Steven E.

Hi Simon, may I ask what it cost to replace and did you do it through and Audi dealership?

simoncarmate
simoncarmate

It was under warranty and also replace leaking water pump as well at the same time for free . I was told cost around $1200 for 4 hours job

Ged T.
Ged T. · Q7 4M (2015-2024)

Anyone have any issues with sudden stalling / complete engine and electrical shutdown?

no have travelled 16000 odd ks and no problems

Simon
Simon · Q7 4M (2015-2024)

Hi Anyone having issues with brake noise whilst in reverse? A very high pitched squeal.

Dean
Dean

Ours squeaks when there is a rock stuck, reverse quickly somewhere safe for a few hundred metres should fix it.

andy

Hi no but check if you have something stuck in brakes

Simon

Thanks Guys. Audi have inspected and there is no obvious quick fix.

AudiQLemon
AudiQLemon

It's a documented issue. The dealership told me this is common for audi's but I found a technical document that states there is a fix coming and dealers have to put a record in the system that a customer has complained about this fault. The article is TSB 2834181.

Simon

Thank you AudiQLemon. Much appreciated.

Peter P.
Peter P.

hi - yes ours does, Audi said apparently it is because most of the braking is done going forwards so this establishes a "grain" and hence when reversing it goes against it . . .not sure if i'll totally buy it but may be something in it . . .

LemonQ7

our squeals when both in reverse and going forward and has been this way on and off for the 3 years we have owned it... they fixed it for a short while everytime but sounds comes back after a few days or weeks... big problem and heard all the excuses... "they are performance brakes"... "all high end cars sound like this" .. "car was built for high speed driving on Autobahn, not for Australia"... even heard of someone else with similar problem told to no park in their driveway (they have to reverse out and complained about the noise).... also been told so many times there is a fix for this coming.... car will be in the scrap yard by then... falling to bits.

andy · Q7 4M (2015-2024)

has anybody had any experience with ecu upgrade for q7?

chrysler54
chrysler54 · Q7

how good will a q7 toe a caravan round australian out back?

andy

i bought my audi q7 200kw to tow my 3 ton caravan so far it has been great for 700klms but i am about to head north and i do not have any second thoughts about my decision so far after my first trip .

Kanga
Kanga

It will tow a caravan around Australia with ease. The problems with the Q7 are coolant leaks & oil leaks.

stevo

i have a tdi 4.2 , 2009, had it from new , towed a camper trailer 8000km in 4 weeks with 4 adults and one kid , form longreach on the plenty highway (dirt) to alice springs , then to kings canyon (dirt) then ularu and to cooper pede, the up to birdsville , leaving birdsville after a storm went thru multiple washouts up to 900mm deep, ploughed for 120km thru mud until the road was dry , the Q7 ate the trip , was fantastic , used less diesel than the jap cars on the trip , for the last 3 years ive been towing a off road van 3.3tonne , the ecu has been chipped , the car handles the van at all times and its weight. travels at 110km per hr on the highway with ease and hauls up hills passing all other tow vehicles , it even went up big red at birdsville , suggest u put pirelli all terrain scoripians on it for off road , i run 18" rims , you should have no issues

MISSKISS
MISSKISS · Q7 4M (2015-2024)

What is the reputation of Audi Centre Brisbane?

MISSKISS
MISSKISS · Q7

I recently had my car stolen and whilst looking for a new car-7 seater SUV's , I got frustrated at the cost of new vehicles- around $50 000. am about to purchase a 2015 Audi Q7TDI Quattro Sline LE with 55 000km at $58 880. The car is drop - dead gorgeous, drives like a dream BUT... Am I spending too much money for a second hand rose AND is this car a dud? I am GENUINELY wondering about the negative reviews pertaining to limp drive and creaky driver seats, MINOR FAULTS early on and leaky valves.... AND poor customer service by Audi. Any advice anyone?

Samster

They are a love hate machine, yes they look great, comfortable , safe and drives well when it works.

Be prepaired for huge depreciation , warranty expiry , expensive service bills and it will let you down however well you look after it.

Make sure its the right car for the right job. Less issues if you do a lot of daily driving e.g over an hour each trip and allow engine to propertly heat up and allow the dpf to do its work, it should be ok. Having said that be prepaired for high service costs not just by Audi, ..., tyres $600 each for branded ones and brakes ,...they are the same as the Porche Cayman.

If you are still going to buy a Q7 and you live in Melbourne , have it looked after by Exceltune in Sunshine ( ask for Jaques ) Worth the travel and distance as they will be able to diagnose all issues and deliver quality service, above and beyond Audi.

Our Q7 has had numerous vists for carbon build up , with both throttle bodies being replaced and several sensor burn outs, 85k on the clock when we bought it and 180ks now. All issues fixed and has been ok for last 10 months.

Good luck!

andy

i would go ahead and buy on my experience so far get it checked out try to get good warrenty then find good service center to look after it not necessary an audi dealership get it de sludged new oil and filter add good oil and stick to same oil always, change oil and filter every 10thou klms i have always taken my oil and filters in my other cars when i travel and i am doing same for my q7 . GO FOR IT .take a close look and you will see what i had before .

Antony
Antony · Q7 4L (2006-2015)

Is that a good idea to buy a Audi Q7, 3tdi ,2007 model suv?. I never experienced Audi before

Antony

Marty
Marty

From a long term Q7 owner: Do not buy this vehicle, everything is expensive and it will let you down.

Look at Toyota, Kia, Mazda, Hyundai.

If you have plenty of money and time without a car is ok, go and buy it.

Samster

Buy Hyundai. Great money for value.

Disappointed83
Disappointed83 · Q7 4L (2006-2015)

Hi I am new to this forum. I have just purchased a used Audi Q7 3.0 Diesel with 79K on the clock. It has had all of the servicing done to date at Brisbane Audi but as it is now out of warranty. I wondered if anyone knows a good, reasonably priced European Mechanic on the north side of Brisbane? I am from Redcliffe Qld. Thank you.

Mario
Mario

Linz Motors

Pedder St Albion

Whittlesea
Whittlesea · Q7 4L (2006-2015)

2010 Q7 - just stopped in the middle of the road. Was only services 2 months ago. Had to be towed to workshop.

Have been told that the "fuel pumps' require replacement - $2700 for the parts alone?

Seems excessive? Can anyone offer an opinion on estimated parts cost?

Paul
Paul

I have used VW parts, they have the same part number but 40% cheaper. Also I don't use a dealership, I have a local German car specialist, labour is considerably cheaper. For example a full service (Major) was $700, at Audi $2500. There are alternatives, you just have to search.

Samster

Check out Audi wreckers parts and servicing in Oakleigh for new and reconditoned parts pricing. Benchmark for most pricing.

Vw prices are good too however lots of resistance from parts and servicing guys.

My 2004 a4 1.8t fuel pump , intank , cost $995 new.

If keeping the car go brand bud.

Samster.

Stephanie Fetzer
Stephanie Fetzer

How did you go with this problem? We have just been quoted 18k

riyaad
riyaad · Q7

Hi. I have a 2007 q7 3.0 diesel. Have problem with radio/ navigation. The screen & controles lights up and display audi interface but go off after 2 seconds. Have done daignostics & trouble code is that it cant connect to controller. Where is controller & is it a commen problem. Plz reply to riad.sol@gmail.com

ozcj
ozcj

Hi there,
I wouldn't have any idea for your problem, but going back to dealer without warranty will be $$$

You can email this company, they might be able to give you some suggestion.

audiupgrades@gmail.com

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/www.JKU.com.au?fref=ts

Samster

No idea dude..if in Melbourne speak with the guys at Sunshine Exceltune..they are honest , well experienced and equiped.

Rod M
Rod M

I had the exact same problem with my 2006 Q7 v8. I googled local german vehicle repairers and came up with 3. The guy I took it to was awesome, it turns out the gps, radio and bluetooth systems are all linked so if one goes down they all do. Basically the guy isolated each one till he found the problem. For mine it was the bluetooth system, he sent the part to Melbourne (from Canberra) to see if it could be repaired/reconditioned and it couldn't. New part from Audi is about $1200 (no surprise there) so I had the guy link the radio and nav back together leaving the faulty bluetooth out of the loop so they both work again. I then googled the best handsfree bluetooth and bought a Motorola Roadster Pro for about $90 from the US delivered within a week.

Hope this helps

Andrew
Andrew

It's the Bluetooth module under the front passenger seat. It tends to get water / moisture in it from blocked drains.

Best place to buy it is on eBay us. They ship to Australia. Total price including shipping is less than $200 au

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives

Select a listing for your question
Audi Q7