5Audi Q7

51%12%37%

MICK B
MICK BSYDNEY

I have driven many different cars in the last 20 years but the Q7 is the worst

Even though the car was worth $100k, it felt more like a $10k car. The suspension is too stiff and could feel every bump on the road. The engine light keeps coming on randomly and have taken it to 5 different Audi dealers multiple times and nobody can fix the problem. The control panel/knobs are so nonuser friendly and way to confusing. The engine is gutless and sounds like a truck. I can go on and on but I have already wasted too much time talking about this rubbish car. Just don't buy one or if you have, sell it immediately.

focusdev
focusdevPerth
Brett N
Brett N
  Q7 4L TDI

Money pit and poor engineering

Don't do it!! I had a 2009 Q7 S line, and before 65000 km had faulty tailgate, fuel door wouldn't open, dropped lower injector seals, failed water pump and burnt engine oil. Another guy In town has had his Q7 engine out at 45000 with rear main seal issues.Excessively expensive service costs, our closest dealer was over 150 Kim's away. You spend $90K on a car and you expect a little better. My first Hyundai Excel ran without fault for over 200000kms at $18k, go figure. I dropped a heap of cash on the trade as I could not bring myself to sell this lemon privately. Now have a Toyota Landcruiser and love it. You may look cool in an Audi but it will send you broke and let you down. Hope this helps in your decision.

liza
liza
  Q7

Audi Q7

hi, this is very comfortable car During long journeys, Audi Q7 provides exceptional comfort to its occupants, so that they do not complain about the discomfort felt during such trips. The Q7 is a bit of a surprise.Its one of Audi's higher range models or at least it cannot be grouped with their lower end models. The performance of the car is undoubtedly good,especially the 4.2 liter model.But then again how often do we people get to see cars with capacities more than 3 or 4 liters. The style is international.

[Link removed]

Matt
Matt
  Q7

Audi dramas

2009 Audi q7 good at first then engine mangment system died @ 90000 km then turbo replaced battery aircond fan now has a lag at low revs put your foot on the gas and nothing for 1-3 sec not good at roundabout etc Audi has covered most of this if not it would having been about $ 15000 audi centre orange have been great to deal with but beware q7 buyers

Bobthebuilder
BobthebuilderSydney

Magnificent Piece of Kit

Purchased a 2014 Q7 4.2 TDI, just put 5000ks on the car. No idea where the tyre issues come from, I cant see any wear so far and we've done a bit of towing (fitted with 295/35/21 P Zeros). The car is fabulous to drive, gobbles up klms like nothing Ive driven before (including the MB GL350 it replaced), full tank of 100 Litres got us from Sydney to Gold Coast with a quarter tank left! finally filled up at 1120ks and it took 83L not bad for a 2.5ton Vehicle. Ride is superb, quiet, pulls like a Mac truck and corners like no other large SUV. So far Everything on the car has been perfect and Audi Sydney have to be commended for service. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Disgruntled2929
Disgruntled2929Sydney8 posts

AUDI Q7 4.2 TDI

I bought a Q7 4.2 TDI in early 2008 and have gone through 5 sets of tyres, 3 sets of discs and brakes, and had numerous electronic issues. Servicing is very expensive not to mention the cost of discs and brakes from Audi service. Use Cooper Tires instead of others as they last ages. I learned this after my third set in less than 70000km. Ive done almost 115000km now and do love its engine and guts and will keep it as long as I can, but have found a better dealership to get it serviced at.
Engine!!! Comfort, sound-proofness, internal size better than Landcruiser.
$$ to service and maintain Show details ·  3
GregP
GregP

OK

Nice car but wouldn't buy another. Too big and cumbersome in the city and poor off-road. Audi customer service is arrogant
I have owned four new Audis and know the brand well. I have a 3 litre deisel. It is intuitive, comfortable and reasonably fuel efficient. A pleasure to drive on wide open roads and in country towns
It is not suitable for off-road. Poor grip and control. Under-carriage has exposed wires which are vulnerable to being ripped off. I lost a power steering wire which cost $3,000 to repair. Ground clearance poor. Easy to ground out front and rear ends. Large size is not conducive to city driving and parking Show details
Damo2012
Damo2012Gold Coast3 posts
  4L

Love the drive

Recently purchased a Q7 to drive clients for work and haven't looked back. As I purchased the vehicle second hand with low K's I saved a substantial amount of money on a fully optioned luxury vehicle. Its a pleasure to drive and so far has sold me on Audi over all other vehicles I have owned.
Comfort and driving experience