Audi Q7

Audi Q7 (page 2 of 3)

4M (2015-2019) and 4L (2006-2015)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

LeonBrisbane

Not perfect as expected but starting to love it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Leon

My car is now 34000km and the software has been updated at 15000km, since then there was ZERO problem. I would like to give this car a five star.

AP47

AP47Hobart

Love this car

Just picked up a used 2010 Q7 for my wife and we are loving it - we can get 3 bigger car seats across the middle row and the rear seats are actually usable for a 7 seat SUV

The 3.0 TDI engine is powerful, but quite quiet on the road and the MMI system is easy to use, overall it's a great package and a stunning looking vehicle (in my opinion anyway!)

Would highly recommend to anyone with a growing family

Date PurchasedJun 2017
John

JohnSydney

Great car when it runs, except it needs to be recalled

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Con

Con

Best Car inHave Ever Driven

The quality of the Q7 is far better then the top of the line BMW or Mercedes SUV at 20 to 30 percent less cost.
Amazing model the 2016 Q7 is simply amazing . The leather is real and thick .The drive is tight and responsive . The driving control is precise .

BadgeSE FSI
Engine Size3.6 FSI
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Frustra

FrustraSydney

All the bells and whistles except being roadworthy

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Wish I never looked at the Q7

I have the same problem the car keeps going into limp home mode due to the DPS not regenerating. Audi Australia will do nothing about it and have told me to sit back and just wait for the fix to come from Germany. My car has broken down and most of the times needed to be towed six times in six months. Audi Australia has a really poor attitude towards this problem!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

supakillsuBrisbane

Perfect Family Car

Date PurchasedJan 2017
supakillsu

Just have my first service and worst ever servicing experienced is worst!

StormieC

StormieCsydney

High service and repair costs

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Terrible car and atrocious customer service

Date PurchasedMay 2016
ChrisGT

ChrisGTNSW, 2156

Secure, Comfortable and 4.2 Litre V8 Power with Fuel Efficiency

Great car - the ride is comfortable, and for an SUV, you don't feel like you are driving a tank, very little body roll and very responsive vehicle. The one thing I don't like too much about this Audi is the Multimedia input for your iPhone, which needs to be done via a cable and the TMC does not work in Australia.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Best most reliable I have owned

Marty
Marty

Glen

GlenYarraville

hasnt lived up to the hype!

We really thought this car would deliver so much more. The pre-sale hype just hasn't been delivered. We have done 25,000ks and I must say that for the price we are sadly disappointed.
I think we will think long and hard before we look at purchasing another Audi. Especially a 4wd.

Rahul

Rahulrockville

Awful

I bought a 2015 3.0T S line Prestige 4dr All-wheel Drive quattro Q7, she has barely done 14500 miles. I hear the panoramic panel creek as if the assembly is loose, the suspension makes noise as if there is no tomorrow, there is a water leak from where the antenna is fixed. My seat, yes the driver's seat creeks like it has old springs that need lubrication. It's a piece of junk.

BadgeTFSI
Engine Size3.0 TFSI
TransmissionAutomatic

Don't touch - very poor value

I bought this car in July 2015.
My disappointment is from both Audi as a brand and from the Q7 specifically.
It is a big car but interior space is very limited.
The MMI has issues - it is slow to start, bluetooth takes 3 times longer than my VW. I does what you don't want it todo. I contacted Audi a few time - now one ever got back to me.
The engine is good with good fuel consumption but to be honest this is the only good thing about this car given the high price.

BadgeTDI Limited Edition
Samster

SamsterMelbourne

Make sure you buy a Wednesday Vehicle !!

Paul

PaulBrisbane

I love driving my Q7

Fantastic ride and handling, V8 has masses of power(for such a big car). I love driving it.
Dislike the rubber coated buttons and trim, as when it tears it looks unsightly and difficult to replace.
Reliability has been great, very heavy on the fuel....but it's a V8 what do you expect

BadgeFSI
Engine Size4.2 FSI

MICK B

MICK BSYDNEY

I have driven many different cars in the last 20 years but the Q7 is the worst.

Even though the car was worth $100k, it felt more like a $10k car. The suspension is too stiff and could feel every bump on the road. The engine light keeps coming on randomly and have taken it to 5 different Audi dealers multiple times and nobody can fix the problem. The control panel/knobs are so nonuser friendly and way to confusing. The engine is gutless and sounds like a truck. I can go on and on but I have already wasted too much time talking about this rubbish car. Just don't buy one or if you have, sell it immediately.

Love my Q 7

TransmissionAutomatic

Money pit and poor engineering

Don't do it!! I had a 2009 Q7 S line, and before 65000 km had faulty tailgate, fuel door wouldn't open, dropped lower injector seals, failed water pump and burnt engine oil. Another guy In town has had his Q7 engine out at 45000 with rear main seal issues.Excessively expensive service costs, our closest dealer was over 150 Kim's away. You spend $90K on a car and you expect a little better. My first Hyundai Excel ran without fault for over 200000kms at $18k, go figure. I dropped a heap of cash on the trade as I could not bring myself to sell this lemon privately. Now have a Toyota Landcruiser and love it. You may look cool in an Audi but it will send you broke and let you down. Hope this helps in your decision.

Audi Q7

hi, this is very comfortable car During long journeys, Audi Q7 provides exceptional comfort to its occupants, so that they do not complain about the discomfort felt during such trips. The Q7 is a bit of a surprise.Its one of Audi's higher range models or at least it cannot be grouped with their lower end models. The performance of the car is undoubtedly good,especially the 4.2 liter model.But then again how often do we people get to see cars with capacities more than 3 or 4 liters. The style is international.
[Link removed]

Ged T.

Ged T.asked

Q7 4M

Anyone have any issues with sudden stalling / complete engine and electrical shutdown?

no have travelled 16000 odd ks and no problems

Simonasked

Q7 4M

Hi Anyone having issues with brake noise whilst in reverse? A very high pitched squeal.

Dean
Dean

Ours squeaks when there is a rock stuck, reverse quickly somewhere safe for a few hundred metres should fix it.

andy

Hi no but check if you have something stuck in brakes

Simon

Thanks Guys. Audi have inspected and there is no obvious quick fix.

andyasked

Q7 4M

has anybody had any experience with ecu upgrade for q7?

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives

Audi Q7 4M TDI

Audi Q7 4M TDI (2015-2019)

3.1
Audi Q7 4M e-tron

Audi Q7 4M e-tron (2017-2019)

Audi Q7 4L FSI
  • Discontinued

Audi Q7 4L FSI (2006-2010)

Audi Q7 4L SE FSI
  • Discontinued

Audi Q7 4L SE FSI (2007-2009)

Audi Q7 4L TDI Limited Edition
  • Discontinued

Audi Q7 4L TDI Limited Edition (2009)

2.0
Audi Q7 4L TDI
  • Discontinued

Audi Q7 4L TDI (2006-2015)

3.3
Audi Q7 4L TFSI
  • Discontinued

Audi Q7 4L TFSI (2010-2015)

3.0
Audi Q7 4L TDI Sport
  • Discontinued

Audi Q7 4L TDI Sport (2014-2015)

CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDiesel and HybridDieselPetrolPetrolDieselDieselPetrolDiesel
Wheels19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy21" Alloy18" Alloy21" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars4 Stars4 Stars4 Stars4 Stars4 Stars4 Stars
Doors55555555
Seats75777777
Fuel Consumption5.9 L/100km1.9 L/100km12.7 L/100km10.7 L/100km7.4 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 85 L75 L100 L100 L100 L100 L100 L100 L
Engine6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.6L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L
Max Power200kW @ 4250rpm190kW @ 4500rpm206kW @ 6200rpm245kW @ 6500rpm180kW @ 4400rpm
Max Torque600Nm @ 1500-300rpm600Nm @ 1250-3000rpm360Nm @ 2500-5000rpm440Nm @ 2900-5300rpm550Nm @ 2750rpm
Country of ManufactureSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakia
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,200 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateSep 2015Jan 2017Sep 2006Jan 2007Jan 2009Sep 2006Jan 2010Jan 2014