Audio Technica ATH-M50x

Audio Technica ATH-M50x (page 2 of 4)

MPN: ITZPHSTATCCXAJ
See the Best Wired Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Audio Technica? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
Nigel N
Nigel NPerth

Great Sound, But Uncomfortable

The Audio Technica ATH-M50x's are great for sound quality, they are nice and crisp. The base is great and the overall sound quality is good. A couple of issues are present though. First being the comfort, these headphones are not comfortable by any means, any more than 40 minutes, they hurt you ears. Another is the headband, not as strechy as I would like. Lastly another annoyance is the fact that the headphone cable is one side aux and one side Audio Technica audio input. Luckily they provide 3 different cords for it.

Still a great pair of headphones.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jules
JulesMelbourne

Top sound

I am super impressed by the audio quality of my audio technicas. I did plenty of research before making the purchase and I have to say I am not at all disappointed by the sound. Producing a clear rich sound, they really do justice to the FLAC files in my collection. One thing to note though, they are over the ear headphones and so you may or maynot be comfortable wearing these outside the house. This also means that if they are on your ears for too long, you really start to feel the heat! Despite this, can't be happier with my purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Miran P
Miran PPerth

The Best Headphones Under $200

The Audio Technica ATH-M50x's are the best headphones I have used in my life. The sound quality is wonderful and if you want very crystal clear sound you can use an amp which makes these headphones sound even better. The only issue I had with my first pair was that the leather had deterioated away, it became flaky and fell off. I do have a big head which caused some stretching on the headband, so that may be the reason why. But I ordered a new white pair and I hope that the issue of flaking was a one time thing. Another thing is style, they are studio headphones so using them for workouts is not ideal.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
S1mmo
S1mmomelbourne

Outstanding Performance

I got these after carefully reading the reviews and I am more than impressed. I love them. Finally a balanced over ear earphone no ridiculously tuned for bass. What a relief. I can enjoy movies again at a reasonable volume without going cross eyed whenever heavier tones are in the musical score or 'exciting' moment. These are very comfy to wear for long periods and very well made. I am very pleased with these and will be keeping them for some time.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Israel J
Israel JBrisbane

Beautiful sound, light as a feather.

Love love love these headphones! I've owned Bose, BBD, and Sony. But they don't compare to these bad boys.
The quality of sound is highly noticeable. The look bulky, however they're very light. They also come with a nice carry case. The cord/cable is thick and durable. I have never had an issue with these headphones. Very happy with my purchase and I highly recommend them.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Matt
MattBallarat

Great headphones

If you're looking for high quality headphones with a great mix of bass and treble sound, theses are for you. These headphones are really comfortable to wear too. I can wear them pretty much all day unlike other headphones where you feel like they are squishing your head. Comes with a range of cable lengths.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jeremy
JeremyTweed Heads

Excellent monitor headphones

Delivers great flat sound with a bit more bass. Excellent price for what you get in sound. Have used these cans for the last year and a half and loved them the whole time. The ear pads did start to crack so i replaced them with some soft velour pads which did affect the sound, adding more soundstage but losing a bit of base. Apart from needed to replace the ear pads they’re an excellent pair of headphones. I would recomend these headphones to anyone in the price range for some monitor headphones.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Levi J
Levi JPerth

First Pair of Professional Headphones, they don't disappoint

This was my first pair of professional headphones and boy are they great. I have the blue and brown version and it is great. The sound quality is so good and with an amplifier it becomes so much better. Not too much base and a nice balance on lows and mids. Removable cable which is very nice, the tiny gripe being that they are specialised so you have to buy replacement, it isn't a standard aux input and aux output, though you are provided with 3 different cables if you break one. As long as you clean your headphones the leather should last. I am on my second pair as my first became torn and worn.

Beat headphones for cheap.

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Ommo
OmmoSydney

Perfect headset

The mx50 are the best pair of headphones I've purchased, the clarity and bass are great. They do feel a bit heavy after wearing them for long periods (over 3 hours), however this may not be the case for everyone. I keep mine in a slappa case when I travel with them

Alita
AlitaGippsland, VIC

Pleased overall

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Anonymousforjustice
AnonymousforjusticeBrisbane

Work Great better than beatz

Got these new headphones do DJ with listening through my DJM 2000 mixer.

The sound is clear the bass is clear and they are very comfortable on the ears.

I like the design and the look and most importantly the sound quality and volume limits.

Overall I recommend these over cheaper manufacturing headphones like beatz anyday.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Zac
ZacBendigo

Amazing bang for your buck headphones

I've had these headphones for nearly 3 years now and they have never let me down. I'm not a huge fan of noise canceling and these are a great balance of blocking out most sounds but if its needed, noise can get in. Bass can be a tad weak (but with an app you can improve it like I do) but for the price point, they are a fantastic pair of headphones

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Rahul
RahulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Premium Affordable Cans

Purchased these almost two years ago and used them daily for the duration I had them (recently lost them). Beautifully crafted pair of cans - sound signature relatively neutral. I listen to all sorts of music and they all sounded excellent on them. Comfortable on ears as well. All in all quality product at affordable price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
jtan
jtanAU

These are a great pair of headphones

I've had these headphones for around six months and I love them. I use them on the daily. The sound quality is excellent and I can wear them for long periods of time without any pain. These are studio monitoring headphones, which means they produce great sound and do you accentuate the bass.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Sam
SamSydney

Amazing headphones both in sound and comfort

The earpads take a while to break in but once they've been broken in, this is the most comfortable headphones I've used. Sits comfy over my ears even on 10+ hour long haul flights. Sound quality is excellent with the bass rich, however mids and lows are slightly less rich in comparison to the bass heavy tone of the headphones tuning.

tcc
tccPerth

Premium Quality Sound

Coming for 5 years plus of apple earphones use i could immediately tell the difference is sound quality and especially bass when swapping to the M50xs. They are not to heavy and fully encase my whole ear and so do not hurt my ears on extended listening session. I would encourage everyone who has been using cheap earphone to try these headphones out

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Christy
ChristyMelbourne

Love these!

Excellent headphones. They are incredibly robust and have great sound quality and excellent base. I also really like the way it sits on my ears (albeit at the start they were a bit tight, but this eased off after a while). Also love the look of them, though they are a bit bulky.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
descolada77
descolada77sydney

love it

hubby got one of this, he is in love with it. after a lot of research, he picked this brand and is not disappointed! He uses it to listen to his playing on this keyboard, works very well. it wears very comfortable on your head, and covers your ears perfectly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
DejaVu
DejaVuAU

Amazing

These headphones blew me away the first time I tried them on. You can hear so much more than you do with other cheaper headphones.

The ear pads could be a bit softer though as they do tend to heat up your ears after a couple of hours of wear.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
C J.
C J.Sydney, NSW

Excellent headphones

I got the Audio Technica ATH-M50x from DJcity last year after my old ATH-M40x stopped working.
Great clarity in all sound stages, feels fairly solid and well built, earcups cover the entire average ear very comfortable to wear. Hasn't had any problems with it so far. Love these headphones and highly recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
nicknamebecauseihav2
nicknamebecauseihav2melbourne

love em

I think with headphones the only downside is you don't know what you're missing out on, other than that these headphones are fine. good grip on the head, excellent sound quality. really no complaints, I've grown very fond on these but who knows what higher end quality we could be experiencing with more premium headphones. I used to be happy with $20 headphones before these.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Casey. F
Casey. FMelbourne

Simply Great Quality Headphones

I also have the M40s the model below this which are also great. The M50s however are just that much better they give off a little more bass but not too much like Beats do. They are certainly great build quality and design handy to have the range of plug in leads for differing lengths. They can get a bit bulky an inconvenient at times, but these have been times Ive had on long flights though I do like them and certainly recommend them.

Chad
Chadsydney

Amazing Studio Quality Headphones

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Saurabh J
Saurabh JAU

Amazing headphones with a few things to improve on

I've had these headphones for around six months and the sound is absolutely amazing. For those coming from bass heavy models and less audiophile level headphones, this may take a little time to get used to. My only complaints are that it's missing an inline controller and mic, which you can easily find on eBay, and it's a bit hard to wear for long periods of time, although you can get more comfortable ear pads.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Leon
LeonMelbourne

Great Monitor Headphones

These headphones feel super comfy when wearing them. I generally get very hot, however I do not feel this when I wear the Audio Technica ATH-M50x. In regards to sound quality it is very neutral in a sense that the bass is not too heavy nor is the treble so you get an overall accurate sound. The cable makes the headphones very durable. Would highly recommend especially to those budding producers out there!

Date PurchasedNov 2016