Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Questions & Answers

376 questions from our users

Sabrina T.

Sabrina T.asked

When will I get my refund? My booking was for 2 April. I asked for a refund in March. It is now December. When will you give my money back? I don't want your credit. I cannot fly from Australia to anywhere. So, I want my money back.

Stef
Stef

I'm in the same position - 8k refund due, have been waiting 6 months now. They told me they had submitted the refund request to the airline and kept asking me to wait. When eventually I rang the airline direct they said they hadn't received any refund request for my flights. Aunt Betty then said it had been submitted under a different process. Then just late last month (Nov) I followed up yet again and they told me that the airline had changed processes and all refund requests had to be submitted again, therefore it goes back to scratch and I must wait another 12-16 weeks. So it will be March next year before I can even expect to hear from them. A year for a refund! They said everyone is in the same boat.

Chris

Chrisasked

With our shell credit I have if we are unable to use by the date will this be extended the date I was give was to be booked by Jan 2021

ashok

ashokasked

i haven't received my refund yet
booking reference ABY3284842
my email id
ashokbalan@hotmail.com

please arrange refund and confirm reply on email

Saman D.

Saman D.asked

How to get the refund

Rhubarb
Rhubarb

For both trips I rang them.My first trip refund was for the return leg only.When I retuned home I rang them.Their communication was excellent.They kept me informed that it would take 6+ weeks.It took longer but they continued to communicate with me.The second was a full refund.I accepted a credit first but felt I preferred a refund as I could not see an oversea trip happening in 2021.At all times the call staff were very helpful.They said the refund would arrive in 5 to 10 working days and it did.

George T.
George T.

Applied for the refund using the Aunt Betty online form. Process was very simple. It took about 6 Weeks but they refunded in full. No deduction for fees etc. even though they were Non-Refundable tickets. I didn't expect such an easy process to get a refund of nearly $10,000.

Yago F.

Yago F.asked

Ainda não recebi o refound. Preciso receber o refound e compensação por todos os custos que tive devido ao cancelamento da viagem (AUD $5000) . Dou o prazo até sexta feira pra que vocês resolvam isso.
att
Yago

Kellie C.

Kellie C.asked

I was given a voucher but can not locate it in my emails any longer. Was a from a price match refund through Aunt Betty. How can I locate it?

Christopher P.asked

We need to arrange a CLASS ACTION against both Aunt Betty and Flight Centre as they are holding up monies that have been returned by the airlines.

Anni
Anni

Absolutely agree

Melb gal
Melb gal

there already is one with slater and gordon that started back in May 2020. I even wrote the details on how to join, but promuctreview.com.au removed my comments saying i contravened their policy

Christopher P.

That was related to the cancellation fees which was settled when they agreed to drop the cancellation fees.
Now they are not returning any money and are holding the money returned by the airlines.

SIR

SIRasked

I have a booking for Sept 24th from Australia to Barcelona which is impossible to make, so I need to cancel, how do I get a refund Aunt Betty?

midge
midge

You have a VERY long wait. It will probably get refunded sometime in 2021 :(

LPMelb

LPMelbasked

After requesting a refund and getting an acknowledgment email from Aunt Betty that the refund was being processed, I now received an email that our flights have gone into credit shell (as requested!! - no I didnt request a credit!!). Absolute joke trying to contact anyone there. Not sure how this situation will end. I do not intend to travel in the future and would appreciate a refund.

Eric S.
Eric S.

I was originally forced to accept a conditional credit as I was originally booked to fly with Virgin Australia. I was advised to use my credit as soon as possible before the 1st of August 2020. However, after speaking to the customer service manager of the call center, I was awarded an extension to my credit. I’m now permitted to book no later than the 9th March 2021.

Sam D.

Sam D.asked

Has anyone received a refund yet for their flight? Booked a flight in March and still waiting?

Claire
Claire

I rang them after 12wks had passes, was informed airline hasn't paid them so up to another 12wks to wait. shocking

cath
cath

may be we all together to conatct ACCC >>???

Sydney passenger
Sydney passenger

Help, I just want my refund so I wrote a bad review. After clearing Captcha, I got

Error 1015 Ray ID: 2020-08-17 07:20:12 UTC

What happened?
The owner of this website (www.auntbetty.com.au) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

AvgJoe

AvgJoeasked

Could Aunty Betty do the right thing and refund people their money?

Lahan D.

Lahan D.asked

Hi, just wondering did anyone manage to get 100% refund for their cancelled flight?
Is there anyone we can talk to or anything we can do to get full refund?

Kyle M.

Kyle M.asked

I have been waiting for more than six months to get a refund, today however i only got half of what i should get refunded. Someone please tell me if the other half will be processed. I only got $756 and i was mean't to get $1521 instead.

Booking ref: ABY3155160

Nigel ab

Nigel abasked

We had to cancel our trip to uk due to covid 19 restrictions back in March.How can we contact aunt betty .com.au as all thier comunication is still offline .

Silvia
Silvia

We could not talk to them at all. We just used (the recently added) refund quote (?) option on their site. We just wait now.

Elías I.
Elías I.

I had tickets to Europe in July, they got in contact with me at the end of April. I chose the "credit shell" option and I got just an email with the amount of money that I was able to use with them. But now I have the same problem, their website is offline and I can't find any way to contact them, and for what I've seen here now AB seems not to be paying up.

Julie S.

Julie S.asked

We are Due to fly to Portugal in Early September 2020. My husband called Aunt Betty and we were directed to fill out a form. We requested a CREDIT. Their reply was. If we cancelled We would Incur
a fee of $250.00 per person to Aunt Betty! And a $500 Airline Fee per person So all up a total of $1500.!!!!!
Aunt Betty is owned by Flight Centre!!! How dare you treat us like imbeciles!!!!

Sarah Olechno

Sarah Olechnoasked

Hi
Our flight is booked for December 2020 to UK returning in January 2021. As we are travelling with our 3 year old we now don’t feel safe to do so. Can we cancel and receive a refund?

Geoff WARNER

Geoff WARNERasked

Are you taking bookings for august ?
! how do i use my credit, when booking online ?

Colinasked

Why does a refund need to be '' processed '' You have the details, you have our money, the flights are cancelled. Whats the problem with refunding ? Every refund that is made is one less customer to call you or email you. We will keep it up until our refunds are done. Please do the right thing.

Sue_Curby
Sue_Curby

They are waiting to closer the flight date to see if all flights fall into the allowed period of travel therefore exonerating them from a refund. They offered a credit that had to be used by the end of January and to be used to the same overseas destination, extra cost at my expense. Truly appaling.

Colin

The dates that government restrictions were imposed is quit clear. Cant be that hard. Keep fighting for fair .

sncasked

Hello. I have been issued with a credit voucher for my flights that were booked with Emirates, due to fly in September 2020. I have not been advised by Aunt Betty regarding how long the credit voucher lasts for. Emirates on there website states credit is for 12 months then can be extended for 12 months from date of issuing the credit voucher. Is Aunt Betty offering the same? there is no information on your website or on my credit voucher. How do I get confirmation in writing about when the credit voucher expires. You don't have a contact email address on your website and it seems we are not able to phone you.

Diah P.

I had same problem as well with a credit voucher for my flights that were booked by Malaysian Airlines then call centre totally not professionally to handle then hang up the phone which was totally bad service

Peta s
Peta s

I would love to know the answer to this question too. I would like to change my credit to a refund now since they changed the fees but am worried i will be charged fees as it will be a "second" change. But cant contact them to find out

snc

I got in touch with Emirates today. They assured me that my credit was actually with them and that I can contact them directly to rebook the flight when I need to and did not need to contact Aunt Betty. Emirates answered my call promptly and they advised me that my credit is valid for two years from when I first booked. I am so relieved that I can deal with Emirates instead of Aunt Betty and hope to rebook my trip with Emirates when we are allowed to travel again.

Geoffrey H.

Geoffrey H.asked

hi there

i placed a refund request in 4 weeks ago. I know your super busy and all.
I just got an email back, i will be charged $250 from aunt betty and another $550 from cathay pacific
why the hell am i being charged twice??

I was ok with the $250 but not the other $550- making this $800 total to cancel my NYC flights in sept

Diah P.

Please reply to my email about getting my MONEY Back, otherwise I will take further action

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives