Aunt Betty Questions & Answers

147 questions from our users

Hoang Phuc Nguyen

Hoang Phuc Nguyenasked

I booked a ticket to Vietnam for next year - 21/01/2020. I haven't received an e-ticket for my booking itinerary. However I got ABR as well as the airline reference. Today, I tried to check the fight on the airlines website and it told me that they couldn't find my flight. Please help.

Aunt Betty Reference: ABY2759768

Hi ,
We can see you have spoken to our Customer Care team and they have sent you the E Tickets - we have just re-sent, so please call us if you have not received.

NEVIC
NEVIC

Did you use the Flight Reference number on the Airlines website, not the Aunt Betty Reference? If yes, call the Customer Service Centre.

Saiful Azam K.asked

My wife and my child they will travel on 18December. Unfortunately,sur name of son isn't on the ticket. Airline is China Southern. From ur experience, can you pls advise me what's the solution. I know it depends on the airline policy.

Tuong L.
Tuong L.

In my experience, you can check with the agent where you buy the ticket to check and what can they do for you. In my case, after 45 mins to discuss on the phone, the customer care service will ask you cancel the ticket and buy the new one.

Saiful Azam K.

Do I need to cancel and buy both the ticket or only for my child (3years old)?

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

Hi, Do you have a booking with Aunt Betty ? If so, please contact our Customer Care team by phone and they will advise. Did you book a ticket for your child ? Regards, Aunt Betty.

Keith

Keithasked

Hi Aunt Betty! I want to book LGW to TRN 15.35pm British Airways on 7 December 2019, 3 adults. I am being quoted in total price $249 , but I need to check 2 bags through. What additional cost? And how /when do I pay for these 2 checked bags? Please reply ASAP so I can finalise booking. Thanks.

Hi,
You can add additional baggage to your booking one the BA website. Once you make payment and receiev your E Ticket and airline reference, you can access the manage booking portal of the airline website.
Thank you for looking at the Aunt Betty site.

Hamza K.

Hamza K.asked

Hy I have booked my flight Sydney to Lahore and I have got stop over in Abu Dhabi for 8 hours can you give me room accommodation???

Peter
Peter

Hi, there are plenty of lounges to sleep on in Abu Dhabi airport.

Hi Hamza,
Unfortunately the airline will not provide accomodation. There is an airport lounge (paid) in Abu Dhabi that you can access.,

Miranda C.

Miranda C.asked

Hi, i booked a flight today can I cancel it within 24 hours?

Hi Miranda,
No probably not. Please contact our Customer Care team by phone and ask them. It may depend on the fare type. There will be some penalty.

Catherineasked

Why are the car rental prices for a "Thrifty" car so much cheaper on Aunt Betty than the prices quoted on the "Thrifty" website .
Are there fees not stated that will be charged by "Thrifty" when the vehicle is picked up from the airport?
If there are how do we find out what they will be in advance?

Catherine

Has anybody booked a car rental through Aunt Betty...

Hi Catherine,
Car hire through Aunt Betty is provided by Driveaway Holidays. When you select the car type and company - please go into the 'Whats included" tab and read all the conditions and inclusions. Excess reduction insurance may be taken out when collecting the vehicle and that is additional to the advertised price. If you are hiring the vehicle for more than a few days, it is quite possible that taking out travel insurance that includes rental car excess reduction is a more beneficial and cheaper option than taking out the hire car companies insurance reduction options.

Beege

Beegeasked

I've booked return flights for two people. Am I able to change/cancel the return date for ONE of the passengers, or does it have to be for both because it's under the same booking reference ? For example one of us decides to stay longer overseas whilst the other one heads home on the original return date...

Hi Beege,
That is fine to do. We can split the booking. Please contact our Customer Care team (see website CONTACT US for details) and they will advise the costs and availability.

Philip H.

Philip H.asked

HI, I have purchased Price Drop Protection service and I found your price is dropped, hence I have summited the screenshot online via your website. just wonder how long you will process the refund? (booking ref ABY2768329)

Hi Philip,
It appears that you have spoken to our Customer Care team. Please forward the required screen shots and we will action within 24 hours.

EMS

EMSasked

No confirmation email, called to request this and a tax invoice. Was emailed a confirmation and reference number does not work with flight company (over 24 hours later). Was sent a message from Aunt Betty saying email sent, but nothing further was received. Have I just lost my flights/money??

Hi EMS,
Please advise your ABY reference and email address. Are you using the airline reference that will appear on the E Ticket ?? Let us know and we will check your booking. Your booking and money are safe - Aunt Betty is a division of Flight Centre.

shrijanasked

I was booking my flight online for nov 15 @10:55 through china southern. But on successful booking i got confirmation for nov15 @ 11:00 am. Can this be change Asap without any cost?

Md Shahe A.
Md Shahe A.

They also changed my flight by 5 minutes on 4th November. I think that's fine

it was for 10:55pm flight

Hi Shrijan,
Please call our Customer Care team immediately. If there were 2 flight options - 1100am and 1055pm, you may have accidentally selected the wrong flight. We can correct this but the fare may be different. Our team will advise your options. You MUST call them now - refer to the CONTACT US link on our website.

victor skladnev

victor skladnevasked

am I able to extend my stop over to 4 days in Taiwan on a Sydney /Amsterdam flight?

Hi Victor,
You probably can do that but there will be a reissue fee and possible fare difference.
Please contact our Customer Care team by phone (24/7) or webform email, and they will advise the cost and availability.

Hazel

Hazelasked

How do I change a flight which is booked with Aunt Betty I want to return earlier than planned. Thanks

Hi Hazel,
Please contact our Customer Care team by phone (24/7) or webform email - details are on our site (CONTACT US), A team member will advise the cost and availability.

Right on

Right onasked

Do you have to be Australian to book flights with Aunt Betty?

Hi Right On !!

NO - we take bookings from anyone ! Please ensure your first and surnames are entered into the booking system as per your passport. If you have multiple middle names, or a long name, just enter the first and surnames, and ignore the middle name box.
Please ensure you check your visa requirements.

Archangel S.

Archangel S.asked

hi, i booked a ticket last month and i was told that tax was included on my ticket, when im actually got a tax exemption as per OFW's Benefit. is it possible to get a refund for it?

Hi Archangel,
Please advise your ABY reference.
Please also advise what an OFW is ? If it is a benefit from a country other than Australia, you would not be able to get a refund.

Shaun

Shaunasked

Hi, I am looking to book a ticket to India and price is quite good but these reviews makes me very nervous and hesitant. The reviews are true and they have a call centre and they never connect. What should I do?

Michael

Shaun. There will be other providers to choose from if not the airline it's self. Is the price that much better? Paying a little bit more now may save a large loss later. Err on the side of caution I say. Aunt Betty is yet to get back to me a week after saying they'd look at my case. Stay away from Aunt Betty is my advice.

nicD
nicD

Hey Shaun, their call centre did answer me but they were not helpful in resolving my issue at all. I was too impatient to wait for an email response, so booked through another flight provider (Skidoo) instead for $50 more- their reviews weren't all great but the process was very smooth and I had no issues.

Hi Shaun,
Thank you for your enquiry. Our call centre is available 24/7 and the average wait time is less than one minute. We handle between 300 and 700 phone calls a day and up to 1000 emails a day.
Aunt Betty is a division of the Flight Centre Travel Group, so your can be certain your money and your booking is secure.

Kou Jin P.

Kou Jin P.asked

I haven’t received my e tickets while I already bought the tickets 2 days ago

Check your Junk Mail

Hello Kou
Thank you for your query. Please advise if you have still not yet received your documents.
Kind Rgds

Sally N.

Sally N.asked

I put exactly my name when I booked the ticket but when I got the ticket it appears my name is wrong position when compared with passport. So if I contact you to correction my name I need to pay for that or not?

Hello Sally
Thank you for your question. If your name needs correcting then yes most airlines do charge a processing fee to correct this. Please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 472 222 and they will be able to assist you.
Kind Rgds

Julia D.asked

I am about to book a.flight to the UK with my 3 young children.
Aunt Bettys have come up with a good price.
But the reviews are terrible.

If I book seats will they be with my children

Will there be hidden extras

Will there be good customer service

Hello Julia
Thank you for coming through to us. When you do a booking with us all passengers on the same booking should all be seated together either by yourself by pre-assigning seat numbers (there may be a cost for this service). Alternatively when you do online checkin 24 hours prior to departure on the airlines website you normally are able to preassign seats at no cost. Either way the airlines do prioritise seating families together.
Hope this helps you make a decision to book with us at a great price.
Kind Regards

Julia D.

What is the cost you refer to for this serbice

Julia D.

We are travelling business class so I need to know for sure regarding hidden charges and seating

Sila

Silaasked

How many bags to USA?

Hi Sila,
This may depend on the airline you are travelling with. If you have a booking - the allowance is shown on the E Ticket we have sent you. If you cannot find the E Ticket, please contact our Customer Care team and they will resend.
If this is just a general enquiry, please consult the airline website.

John

Johnasked

When are you going to reply to my enquiry ? Aby2287927

Hi John,
As at last Friday 6th September, the airline is still yet to confirm what action they will take to rectify their schedule change. We presume your return sector will be Auckland / Sydney / Brisbane rather than Auckland / Brisbane direct, but as travel is not until May 2020, the airline may be prioritising more urgent changes. We understand this is frustrating but we cannot give you an updated confirmation until the airline rectifies the issue.
We will contact the airline again this week so see if any further information has come to light.

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives