Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Questions & Answers (page 3 of 19)

375 questions from our users

Li W.

Li W.asked

ABY3321332

Help!

I am asking for full refund as the flight is cancelled by airline. but get 3 options from aunt betty:

Option 1 Credit SHELL.Option 2 Refund with $250 pp cancellation fee. Option 3 Still Wish To Travel.

I don't want to pay the $500 cancellation fee for two person which is totally unfair as it is not us who cancelled.
what happened if I choose 3 " still wish to travel" . could I get full refund through chargeback from my credit card which was used for booking after the flight departure time?

thanks

Cindy S
Cindy S

I'd personally take credit, at least then your only losing $110 total ! You can then rebook when thing settle down! They are disgusting charging to cancel when airlines are waiving fees! I'll not use anyone connected to flight Centre or Aunt Betty again and will be telling anyone that listens not to book with them! I'm sure they'll go belly up after this !

castanchored
castanchored

I have the same options, except Aunt Betty is charging us for the airline cancellation fee plus their fee (ie. credit shell option = airline change fee $150 - $500 pp + ABY fee AUD 140 pp, refund option = airline fee $350 pp + ABY fee $250 pp). We have the third option too. We are not flying until May 21, so I can't find any information on flights being cancelled. Then I would be able to call their bluff and say that airlines are not charging fees, so they can only charge their own (exorbitant) fees. I reckon the third option (ie. still wish to travel) could work, but i'm not sure if it would backfire and they charge us even if we can't go. has anyone else had a message from them that also charges airline cancellation fees?

Warli
Warli

@Cindy Sutherland
Credit is not a good option either. What do you think happen if the business goes into voluntary administration. Your credit is worth nothing.

Normally I would say to help the business stay a float and take credits or vouchers. However, this business is an utter shame. Charging massive amount of fees and ask people to wait 12 weeks - it is a perfect example of greed and disrespect of their customer.

It is an online business of FC which closed down a lot of stores. The website will do nearly 0 revenue and will not last. My suggestion - go to ACCC and your bank. Get the money out as soon as possible and do not take any chances.

Peta sasked

Aunt betty states we can receive a credit shell up to 12 months after original booking but emirates says they offer up to 24months. Does aunt betty honour the 24 months or will we be jipped out and have to fly in a couple months?

Nathaly M.
Nathaly M.

I am on the same boat, no one from Aunt Betty has been able to answer me that question apart from the credit shell they offer which is not clear if they will follow airline rules. Please let me know if you get an answer for this .

Peta s

I dont even know where to ask the question to be honest as they have stated they arent answering questions at this point. I feel completely lost as to what to do

Tammy L.

No they won’t honour the flight company’s credit voucher dates. I spoke to them today qantas have said it needs to be used before December 2021 but aunt Betty will be the ones giving the shell and needs to be rebooked via before 12 months after original booking date. It’s a joke

dancers of S.

dancers of S.asked

Did any one receive a full refund from Aunt Betty if the flight is cancelled by the Airline?
Or Did any one receive any amount back may be partial after the deductions?

Sysy
Sysy

$250 is retained by the scums off the total you paid

Jeanette

Jeanetteasked

I have been trying to contact customer service but have had no response. We were told re would receive a full refund as our flights were cancelled by the airline but this has not been received as yet. I would like to speak with a representative please.
Jeanette Langley

Steff

Steffasked

Hi Aunt Betty

My AB booking number ABY3048710
I have a flight booked from Syd to Tokyo for the 28th of April for four adults with Japan airlines, I appreciate the automatic generated email that provided the option of a refund however, it stated on the email that if I wish to cancel I would incur a 250 AUD fee per person cancellation fee. So I would be paying $1k to just cancel! Given that the COVID19 is a global pandemic and that the Australian government has banned overseas travel this cancellation was beyond my control. Moreover I checked with Japan airlines and they are willing to accept my cancellation without a cancellation fee. This is also stated in their website - https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200313/index.html. For this reason can I please ask for your consideration on providing me a full refund waiving the $250pp cancellation fee. Look forward to hearing back from you. Please help?

Jay H.

Jay H.asked

Hello
We have a flight from Brisbane to New Zealand on the 27th of this morning but obviously the flight is no longer going ahead . The reference number is ABY3356732 and my email is nicoladunn01@gmail.com the flight is with virgin Australia . We would like a full refund but how much is this going to cost us compared to us getting a credit shell instead . The flights are worth 460 dollars so will you still charge a cancellation fee as that will be more than the flight is actually worth if we decide to cancel ?? And how much will you charge for us to get a credit she’ll and will it be just for virgin Australia or virgin worldwide

Nicola

Gooptourasked

Can anyone access their Aunt Betty account on line?
My password will not work and the link to reset it does not work. I sent the CEO an e-mail and did receive a response but that did not resolve the issue. I did receive a text stating that my flight was cancelled and a 'credit shell' had been created - but no help if I cannot access my account !

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

What’s the CEO’s email?

Tammy L.

I’d also like the email pretty please

Raina

Rainaasked

Can we sue Aunt betty??

Terry
Terry

i think a class action against these guys would be considered an act of mercy

DB B.

DB B.asked

Sent 2 emails and called several times. I got through (after 2 hours) on Tuesday 24th only to be told to ring back within 72 hours of my flight departing, although Malindo airline are wanting a 96 hour period for cancellations. I followed advice and have tried to ring back evry day since with no luck. Today I've been on the phone just over 3 hours, and then it hung up and now I'm travelling into my 2nd hour on hold. I will be reporting to ACCC

ELS
ELS

I've had the same response. I called...3 hours wait, they asked if i could be put on hold and then hung up on me. called back...hour and half wait, hung up on me again. I called NSW Fair-trading. They said to issue them with a letter of demand.... interestingly they dont have an email address and the only address i can find is linked to a company in Brisbane. I encourage everyone to report then to Fair-trading and ACCC and submit a letter of demand. Its outrageous and they are probably making a lot of money out of the situation.

Bashir Ahmad Fazli
Bashir Ahmad Fazli

Hey ELS how did you go with them did they got back to you or still stuck with letter of demand?

Carrie Lam

Carrie Lamasked

Any successful cases that did contact them and get a refund from them?

Gooptour

I did manage to contact them, I got inventive and e-mailed their CEO. He responded within 5 minutes - but was only offered a credit.

SJN
SJN

Baaically they offered partial refund after 4 m9nths. I am still wating to get confirmation on the amount of refund. No answer yet. It's disgraceful.

Gavin

Gavinasked

Aunt Betty Booking References ABY3348966 and ABY3348777 refers. I'm posting this as a record that I tried repeatedly in multiple ways to contact Aunt Betty over the last 3 weeks to request a refund; different phone numbers, email, Facebook messenger, all without success. Our group was meant to fly tomorrow (4 people costing nearly $8k); Emirates has cancelled all flights and Australia has banned all international passenger travel. The automated email options sent to me are clearly wrong, as option 2 "Still wish to travel" is of course impossible as you well know. I don't want the credit shell, I want the refund that I am entitled to, and there is no way I can inform Aunt Betty of this choice despite my best repeated efforts. So I leave this record here online, 24 hours before we were meant to fly, as part of my collection of proof I have built up over the last 3 weeks of my failed attempts to reach you. Good luck to us all.

Gooptour

Did you pay by credit card - request a charge back from your Bank if you did - you have paid for a service but did not receive what you paid for. I sent an e-mail to concierge@auntbetty.com - not sure if you will get a timely response though.

羽凡 何.
羽凡 何.

Try to call back again in the morning. This morning I called them and waited 3.5 hours to connect the line.

sriasked

According to the AuntBetty site CREDIT SHELL - ABY fee AUD140.00 pp. (Infants exempt) . Is this applicable for the airline credit refund based on the flight cancellations also?

Nori
Nori

I think they are going to charge us at least $250/pp for cancellation. $140/pp is for when you rebook with your credit. I’m not even sure if we can simply ask refund as they are forcing us to choose credit shell.

sri

What is credit shell? Is it equalent to travel credit offered by the airlines?

sharkytowin
sharkytowin

How did you get in contact with them?

verawaty l.

verawaty l.asked

We are facing global crisis of COVID19... the government restricted to travel which mean I have to cancel my trip or change the date for travelling.
Is auntybetty still charge the agent fees for cancellation of the ticket as the airlines itself have consideration to fully refund because of this pandemic situation?

May Tabiliran

May Tabiliranasked

Royal Brunie called me and tell me that my flight today is cancelled beacuse of no transit going to Philippines. Im trying to contact them but nobody is respond. I want to refund my money but what am my going to do?

Conor O.
Conor O.

I finally got through they are a joke and very rude not refunding properly and charging unless you want to rebook which is not feasible

SMc

And to rebook the same travel dates next year with Aunt Betty is literally DOUBLE the price we paid for our original flights. Then they want to charge a ABY fee of $140 per person to change dates!!!!! Emirates have advised that flights can be rebooked for the SAME price no matter when you travel but Aunt Betty want to PRICE GAUGE twice the amount!

It is actually IMPOSSIBLE to know when Australia's travel ban will be lifted. We cannot LEGALLY leave the country yet Aunt Betty only give option to rebook! Unbelievable.

Darren C.

Darren C.asked

I Only received a confirmation email and no booking reference for my flight. I have called numerous times and keep getting cut off and my emails are rejecting. I want a refund on my return flight from Melbourne to Dublin under the current situation of corona virus outbreak and the flights being grounded.

Here are the details:
Date: 17th May 2020
Flight: Melbourne-Dubai EK409
Dubai-Dublin EK163

Can you please send me the information and process the refund asap. I have been trying to call you but there is no response from your end.
Worst experience ever

Steven Beach
Steven Beach

did you take travel insurance ??
i did, so hopefully the insrance company can get them to respond with a legal letter of demand and not be subjected the insane wait time and then be cut off as is their concept of customer service

if you google the enormous list of situations similar to ours i feel a class action is in the wings here and i hope they go broke over it dreadful behaviour in such difficult times and should be exposed

Na_ma
Na_ma

I agree. Worst experience. I am in for a class action. They are thieves

Daniel M.

Apparently travel insurance doesn't cover agent fees in most cases. I actually do not believe it makes a difference in this case. The only thing that might have is if you paid by credit card and then challenged the transaction due to conflict i.e. service not provided.

Jodie

Jodieasked

Booking ref; UYKREB
I have been trying to get in contact with aunt Betty to cancel my flights due to the world wide crisis and I’m pregnant and the stress of not getting through and trying to get an answer is not good. Please can someone get in touch or start answering emails/phone calls to put your customers at ease. I understand it is a crazy time, however reassuring your customers should be paramount. Thank you

Sandra V.
Sandra V.

Hi
Unfortunately I have had the same experience. They just send general no reply emails saying they only deal with flights within 7 days of departure. Not getting any peace of mind! The worst service ever!

SMc

Now their website says only dealing with rescue flights and people leaving in next 24 hours!! Unacceptable. No means to contact. Email disconnected. Automated phone service wont accept calls. UNETHICAL and surely ILLEGAL!

Rita

Ritaasked

Booked to travel in June. Is it possibletoput tickets on hold get a credit or refund

Kylie W.

Kylie W.asked

How do I go about getting a refund for my flights I could not take. Every other company have worked with the public on this. Can’t even reach you by phone or email it’s disgusting but I along with many others will not give up.

Maria

i think its the same with everyone who booked with them.
Its just so frustrating but we shouldn't give up on this

SMc

MOST UNETHICAL COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. All other companies and small businesses I've dealt with for refunds have worked with customers. Aunt Betty IGNORES US ALL!

Mariaasked

I want a refund on my returning flight from Pakistan to Sydney under the current situation of corona virus outbreak and the flights being grounded.

Here are the details:
Date: 3rd April 2020
Booking referecne: L48UDN
Flight: EK613 Islamabad to sydney
connection flight from dubai: EK416

Can you please be responsible enough and respond . send me the information and process the refund asap. I have been trying to call you but there is no response from your end.

Amir
Amir

Many people are in the same boat, i'd worst experience over the phone with their team.

Try this link, might help in flight change

SMc

They're not even responding to ANYONE. Even their social media states they are not even answering social media messages. There is absolutely no way to contact this UNETHICAL company!

assist@auntbetty.com.au
Try emailing on this. I did get a response from them on this email. have a look

Gillianasked

My Booking ABY2718506 has been CANCELLED BY VIETNAM AIRLINES.
What is the plan of action..What options are you giving me.

warren
warren

This is a review page, not a company email

Either way I'm still stuck

Daniel M.

No this is the q and a page. Choose the other tab at the top if you want to select the review page

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives