Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (811)
  • Ease of Booking

bpiyush

bpiyushSydney, NSW

Not helpful once they have your money.

Due to Covid-19, and changes by airlines on their flights its impossible to get in touch with AuntBetty. I am getting email changes and reminders from them and if you do not agree to these its near impossible to contact them. Their Customer page is near useless. I realise they migh be inundated by queries but they need atleast an email one can contact them on

Mark J

Mark JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

MIGHT HELP YOU GET A REFUND

Booking TypeFlights

Do not ever do notttttttt go with AUNT BETTY!!!!!!!!!

Incompetent staffs who are not able to process anything and keep repeating "as per policy.. " "as per policy...". Please stay away from this website, do not ever go near them

After 10 months still no refund

Here I am in January still with no refund from a March trip. In March they said it would take up to 12 weeks - that seemed a long time then. Here I am in January and nothing has progressed. They no longer accept emails, dont answer their phone for hours. Its time for the authorities to do something about this firm.

MDS

MDSNew South Wales

REFUND? WHERE IS MY MONEY!

Cancelled due to covid. Impossible to contact "Our call centre in the Philippines is closed due to covid"! And, is there no alternative?
Give this Flight Centre offshoot a big miss....and Flight Centre too, for that matter. No duty of care whatsoever.

Sid B.

Sid B.South East Queensland, QLD

Scammers

Never ever book through these jokers! There is no customer care whatsoever. During COVID they stopped attending their calls and didn't even have an email address on their website they could attend to. They have morons on customer care who are very rude sitting in some third world country and lie on the phone. They basically stole my money and gave me zero refund.

Jam Aika D.

Jam Aika D.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer experience

It is hard to contact them. Booked with them and they haven’t gave my refund back. They provided me credit shell but will expire this Jan 2021. Couldn’t email or call them.

The greatest ever

The greatest everSydney, NSW

USA scammers operating in Australia

Really a joke. Scammers. Never book a flight with them. Uncontactable! No customer care and misleading services. May be a minus 2! Stay away from them. Will never book with them again

Craig D

Craig DSydney, NSW

Refund Joke!

KLA

KLAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gift card what gift card!

Due to covid our flight got cancelled. We were advised later that we had a credit of $4312 we could use up to Dec 2021. I was happy to let it sit until this crisis is sorted. However this month we were advised we could use some or all for gift vouchers. I chose $1000 jb vouchers which were to be emailed on the 17th Dec. Nothing arrived. I rang on the 20th but was on hold for over an hour and didn't get through. Today I rang just after 7am and get an automated response which keeps saying "ring next business day". Can't even email them. What now?

brigette

brigetteSydney, NSW

They ripped me off my Myers voucher

They offered me a gift voucher through Myer and so I took it as I was desperate for some sort of refund. I never received the voucher $4k gone ripped off. I called them how many times I have lost count and they claimed that they sent me the voucher. I have never received it. I’m going to consumer affairs this is ridiculous

Sabrina T.

Sabrina T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WORST!!!!

When will I get my refund? My booking was for 2 April. I asked for a refund in March. It is now December. When will you give my money back? I don't want your credit. I cannot fly from Australia to anywhere. So, I want my money back.

sjoh

sjoh

never again

Flight cancelled due to covid, gave me voucher that I can't really use until god knows.

Never again I will book through these travel agency, I will just go directly to airline.

No action

Cannot seem to get Aunt Betty to follow up my 8k refund which I've been waiting for for 6 months now. Keep getting told they are waiting for the airline, but they seem reluctant to follow up. When I rang the airline direct they said they had not received a refund request from Aunt Betty. When I spoke to Aunt Betty again they said the airline won't have a record because the refund has been requested under a "different process". 6 months and waiting.....no end in sight.

Konstantin A.

Konstantin A.Sydney, NSW

Issued voucher which couldn't be spent

I've got tickets in March and had to cancel them because of COVID. Aunt Betty issued me a voucher few month later as a refund. However when I tried to use this voucher to buy tickets, it didn't work. I had to give them a call where they told me that the voucher is "not ready for activation" and I have to buy tickets in cash this time.

I asked for a refund and they promised me to refund money instead. However a few month later I've got another voucher instead of a refund! Moreover this voucher could be used only before 31 Dec! It was promised that the voucher, however I had to wait 30 minutes on phone to reach the operator to discuss a refund!

Sarah H.

Sarah H.Australian Capital Territory

Incompetent staff who will try to scam you

Full 'mostly' refund post COVID cancellations

I was very worried that I wouldn't get refunded for May2020 flights, it took a while, but it was. I can't imagine the hell that time must have been. So I have nothing but good things to say in the circumstance.

Pathetic customer Service

My flight got canceled from the airline end and it is Aunt Betty's responsibility to advise us of the cancellation which never happened!. When I found out about the cancellation when I randomly checked my Booking, I called them up asked up next options, they have no clue what to do. They said someone else will call me back in 24 hours, which never happened! I called them 2 days later, the support staff had no clue what to do and asked us to contact the airline directly. The airline cannot assist us because it's booked by a travel agent! Never buy anything from Aunt betty. absolutely pathetic service!

Sam

Sam

Disgusting Customer Service

This company have been the absaloute worst to deal with in my efforts to try and get any information regarding my flight refunds and utilising my credit to rebook my flights.

Booking TypeFlights

SCAM! Dont book with BYOjet/Aunt Betty!

Aunt Betty is a scam. Till date we have not receive our refund for ABY2908392 which as told was put in before May. The flight was via Qantas. Never book with BYOjet or Aunt Betty because you will never get your money back. They claimed Qantas is holding it up but it was not true. We cancelled another Qantas flight booked via Mix and Match and the refund was in within a week. Their Manager processed the refund on the spot. There is no way to reach Aunt Betty/BYOjet. Never book through agents, they charge sky high cancellation/rebooking fees, book direct with the airlines.

Sabrina T.

Sabrina T.asked

Stef

I'm in the same position - 8k refund due, have been waiting 6 months now. They told me they had submitted the refund request to the airline and kept asking me to wait. When eventually I rang the airline direct they said they hadn't received any refund request for my flights. Aunt Betty then said it had been submitted under a different process. Then just late last month (Nov) I followed up yet again and they told me that the airline had changed processes and all refund requests had to be submitted again, therefore it goes back to scratch and I must wait another 12-16 weeks. So it will be March next year before I can even expect to hear from them. A year for a refund! They said everyone is in the same boat.

Chris

Chrisasked

With our shell credit I have if we are unable to use by the date will this be extended the date I was give was to be booked by Jan 2021

ashok

ashokasked

i haven't received my refund yet
booking reference ABY3284842
my email id
ashokbalan@hotmail.com

please arrange refund and confirm reply on email

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives