Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 36)

Took money, no confirmation of tickets. No response of failure to reserve tickets

System failed to complete airline tickets purchase but still took my money from credit card. No email confirmation. No reference. As a customer I was exposed and unaware of my credit card being charged

Booking Type Flights
Hi Jason, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.

expensive if you have to change flights

Booked flights with Aunt Betty because they were cheaper - however i had to change my return flight. When i first enquired, they quoted a fee of $279 to change the flights. When i called back to confirm, my call was diverted to someone from a different company who had no idea what i was talking about. I called again and got through to someone - who quoted fee of $312 + $140. They said the original person had quoted me in USD, not AUD. very frustrating and expensive to change flights, so make sure you dont have to change your dates!!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Anna, Thank you for your comments. We are sending you a private message to obtain your booking details so we can investigate further, as you should not have been quoted in USD (unless your flight is ex the USA, and even then it should have been quoted in AUD). Regards, Aunt Betty.

price match

booking online via skyscanner was easy. later I asked for a price match but declined. very disappointed. I was going to book 2 more people through you but changed my mind

Booking Type Flights
Hi Shu, Thanks for your booking. We understand your comments but we are an online booking agency, so price matching does not fit our model. But your comments are noted as we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Perfect

did not encounter any additional fees after the booking and the booking was made very easy and simply to use. yes it did meet my expectations and i am glad i booked with Aunt Betty

Booking Type Flights
Hi Mohamed, Thank you for your review and also your booking, it is appreciated, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Great price and easy to use website!

I have always been a bit dubious about 3rd party travel providers but checked out some reviews before booking and was reassured. My booking process was simple, accurate and I got a fantastic price for business class seats. Would definitely use again.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Sue, Thanks for your booking and your review, Regards, Aunt Betty.

nice n easy....

good prices, easy booking steps, superb easy website all the way thru.. No extras or hidden charges..Will always use Aunt Betty's in the futire and highly recommended it people. Great stuff.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Jayy, Thanks for your booking and your comments, We hope you have a great trip, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Excellent Service

Simple and quick booking process. Great prices and most importantly, no hidden charges as seen on most other sites selling the same fares. I would recommend everyone to use this site.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Nat, Thanks for your booking and review. We hope you have a great trip, Regards, Aunt Betty.

They were good

I was have good customer service, and everything was Izzy done by online. I have difficulty to reserve the seats, but after I talk with customers service tru phone everything was done in 5 minutes.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Slobodan, Thanks for your booking and your review. We hope you have a great trip, Regards, Aunt Betty.

defs recommend!

Good customer service. Flights were priced as advertised. Got itinerary straight away. Customer service helped with a query I had. Everything met my expectations. Flights were cheaper on then actual site

Booking Type Flights
Hi David, Thanks for the booking and your review. We hope you have a great trip, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Air fare - first time with Aunt Betty

Booked last week and found web site easy to use. The prices were the cheapest I had seen on the web and I had been searching for a couple of months. No unexpected fees after I made the booking. Very saisfied

Booking Type Flights
Hi Helen, We appreciate your booking and thanks for your kind comments. We hope you have a great holiday !! Regards, Aunt Betty.

Easy to use, great price

No issues. Booking was easy and service prompt. I would use this service again and have no hesitation in recommending to others. They offered by far the cheapest prices for the dates I need to travel.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Lindsey, Thanks for your booking and your review. We hope you have a great holiday, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Love the fair and ease of use but it's unfair to charge for seat booking fee for regular seats when it is free for SIA.

Therefore, I did not select the seats with you at the cost of $5 per seat and waited a day for your docs to arrive. Then I was able to login to SIA and book my free seating there.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Danie, Thanks for your comments and your booking. We hope you have a great trip, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Simple and Easy

• Yes, to pick my seat you wanted to charge $5 each sector. Logged into airline web site and picked my seat at no additional cost.
• Perth-Bangkok-Perth with Thai Airways. Very easy and encountered no problems with the booking process. Met all my expectations.
I have used Aunt Betty before and will use again for ease of booking. Easy to navigate web site.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Ozfarang !! Thanks for your booking and your mcomments, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Do Not Buy With Aunt Betty

They are terrible with refunds (I had a medical issue, not enabling me to fly and I could only get back 35% of my money with a medical cert and I waiting 3 months for nothing!). The website may have the cheapest flights but they do not handle refunds or changes in flights well at all. it is much easier and safer to book through a professional travel agency that is on your side, not the money side! Think twice, I wish I never went through aunt betty, biggest mistake of my life.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Brooke, We always recommend customers have travel insurance to cover emergencies and unexpected events. Most airlines do not offer any special exemption because of a medical condition - that is why people need travel insurance. The refund policy is determined by the airline and is the same irrespective of where you purchase the ticket. We are obliged to advise customers that a refund MAY take up to 12 weeks to be processed, but in reality it rarely does. We will send you a private message so we can obtain more details so we can investigate in case there has been an error on our side. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Very disappointing.

Contacted Aunt Betty numerous times now regarding a changed Garuda flight schedule which put us on a flight to Pandang from Jakarta that leaves 40 mins prior to our connecting flight from Denpasar. It’s poor from Garuda for canceling our original connecting flight to give us a miss connect. Hopeless. Garuda refuses to deal with us direct saying we need to go through Aunt Betty who we booked through, however Aunt Betty are pathetic at returning emails and calls as they promise. Never book through this company.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Aaron, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate further, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Probably the best travel agency

I've no clue why they've been rated so badly, my personal experience was so amazing firstly they offered me the cheapest fare compared to all other Aussie travel agencies, secondly I had no issues with my booking at all, once the payment was done I received a tax invoice within seconds and followed by a confirmed airline ticket within five minutes, I think most of the people put wrong names or incorrect dates so they face issues but if you put the right info everything's cool. Keep up the good work by offering cheap fares. Cheers

Booking Type Flights
Hi Salar, Thanks for your booking and your comments. You are correct that customers making any online purchase need to be careful with the details they input, in order to avoid issues. We also suggest that people have travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected events. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Fraudulent Company: SCAM!!

I booked a ticket with Aunty Betty to Sri Lanka, however due to the attacks we have decided to change our travel destination. Aunty Betty will not let me reroute my flight to another country, only another city within the same country. No where in the travel terms and conditions does it specify that changes are only allowed to different cities!! Its an absolute scam!!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Matt, We have sent you a private message to obtain more details so we can investigate further. Regards, Aunt Betty.

I strongly advise no one books with Aunt Betty

Terrible service, they offer no support if something goes wrong and you are at the mercy of their ridiculous fees just to get any sort of resolution. I am now just going to have to book with a different provider and lose all of the money spent with this terrible company. I wish I'd checked the reviews before booking and never gave them any money in the first place!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Hannah, We have sent you a private message to obtain more details so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Be aware off AUNT BETTY...

After My husband and son saved up for more than a year they finally with great excitement purchased their tickets...however they spelled my sons Surname on his ticket wrong...We believe this was deliberately done to get more money out of us later....For them to correct their mistake it's going to cost us another $600 if we are lucky...or... we must purchase a new ticket and loose all our hard saved up money...We do not have more money and the family haven't seen my son and husband in 16 years...I can not go with them because we do not have the money to purchase a ticket for me...We are shattered... please do not use them to purchase your tickets...We are considering, contacting Channel 9, Current Affair TV program to warn people...

Booking Type Flights
Hi Riette, We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details so we can investigate. If we are able to assist we will offer you options. Aunt Betty is an online automated booking tool. The customer enters all the information and selects flights. there is no human intervention in the booking process unless changes are required by the customer. There are several times within the booking process where the customer must confirm booking details are correct prior to final payment. Reading and accepting the Terms and Conditions which details all fees, is also required prior to final payment being able to be made. Regards, Aunt Betty.We spelled his Surname 100% correct and every time before we pushed the confirmed button we made 100% sure every thing was correct.....We were three people present when we booked the tickets...We actually went through everything carefully to make sure we made no mistakes...I am sorry but this is a deliberate attempt to scam more money out of us...This is a crime and we will pursue this further if you do not fix this problem, because we do not have extra money to correct this and the flying dates getting closer..We are truly desperate and I promise you we will not let this go...We do have rights and we have witnesses to verify that we spelled everything correct...You can not just do what you want...Customer Care E. AUNT BETTY 28 minutes ago I am really sorry, we cannot help you further. You have made an error and you need to accept this fact. You are perfectly entitled to take this matter further and we of course will provide the evidence showing where you made the error to the appropriate governing body. People booking on online sites need to be prepared to accept to censequenses of errors. If you are not prepared to do that, you should confine your purchases to bricks and mortar agents. I am sorry if this assessment is harsh, but it is reality. Me Can you please provide this so-called-evidence showing where we made the error.... I will make a consumer complaint...https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/make-a-consumer-complaint...and I will also contact Current Affairs, Channel Nine TV Program to warn people... There is NO way that a person can loose Thousands off dollars and have nothing to show for it... Singapore Airlines told us, to correct the surname should only cost us $100 USA dollars..All our conversations with your reps and Singapore Airlines are recorded and what they said is prove that you want $600 to correct the Spelling mistake or purchase a new ticket...

Misleading company!!! Save your money and stay away!!!

SCAM!!!! MISLEADING!!!!
I purchased flights showing availability on the website of aunt betty. I trusted this site as it was an Australian listed company with an abn. However once i finalised my purchase i received a copy of the invoice confirming my booking and the payment being taken out. However 3 hours latter i received an email saying that a representative from aunt betty attempted to contact me via telephone regarding to my booking. I called both numbers listed on the email and also on the website. It went through to a person overseas who could not understand me. They were from another company and they couldn't assist me. I then dialled another number and spoke to a representative named [name removed] he said they were unable to obtain seats for the particular flight at the price which is advertised any longer and they will need to refund me my money. HOWEVER this will take 5 business days. I was so gutted and they did nothing to help!!!! Customer service zero!!!
I am anticipating on travelling within the next few weeks, and all my money was taken out. I now cannot purchase any flights and in the meantime the fares will continue going up in price. I logged online 2 hours after i received the email and i can see they have the same tickets available. I don't understand how they can advertise prices that are clearly not available and take money out of consumers. They should compensate accordingly, being that i will now have to wait a week for the funds to come through to make another booking with double the price. It's misleading!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Zena, We have sent you a private message to obtain some more information so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.My money came through within the 5 business days. However consumers beware your flights will not be guaranteed and you will not have proper customer service once you have an enquiry.Hi Zena, We are glad your received your refund in less time than was advised. Airfares are a very volatile commodity, and the airlines change their pricing constantly. This is known as yield management and is used in hotel and car hire bookings as well, but is much more dynamic in airfares. An airfare may very well be available when a customer initially searches, but sometimes, the fare is no longer available when the customer goes to complete the booking. If we were a scam company, we would not have refunded your money in a timely manner. This is simply a characteristic of purchasing any item via an online booking site. Regards, Aunt Betty.