Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 46)

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Company almost doesn't exist

Received no itinerary or formal confirmation. Website says 24/7 assistance but phone numbers lead to a menu, then just beeps and finally an auto disconnect. Flight Centre owned?? I'm skeptical

Peter

Called on both your numbers...Several minutes waiting then Auto Disconnect. Also sent a webform....No response.....never received my E-Ticket. Everthing you've stated about the service you provide is the opposite of my experience.

Hi Peter,
We are sending you a private message to obtain your booking number, and to check your email and the numbers you are trying to call. We have just checked them and they are operating fine.

Tejpal M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They are froud don’t waste money

Hi we bought tickets from these guys and pay full amount and week later said your flight has been cancel or for same flight pay 1000 more so please don’t buy tickets they are froud company thx

Hi Tejpal,
We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate,

Tejpal M.

Hi you have email I’d to contact with coustmer details if any problem in contact on phone details are all correct now he book from another agent on same details so now trouble in booking thx

Worried

Hey there I’m not one to ever worry to much but after reading the reviews after making my bookings for my air fairs and I’ve revived my e ticket and etc for my flights and tax invoice and in my heart I wanna hope everything will check out and I won’t have to pay any hefty extras as me and my young family are making the move to live in Aussie and we do not have the greatest financial background so we have had to pour what we have to book these tickets so we can better our lives in Aussie I just wanna hope they these tickets are legit and I’m not going to be held up at the airport or be told to turn around cause the tickets are false

Lai L

Lai LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Felt ripped off

Hidden seat selection cost fee was not disclosed before I paid for our tickets. So I did pay to get the seats I wanted. However I was shocked when I realised that Aunty Betty had not passed payment for seats to the airlines concerned. I had to make late night phone calls to sort this out. Did not get the seats I had selected and paid for. Had to settle for seats further back in the plane. There was no proper apology. I am still waiting to be reimbursed. Very disappointing indeed!

Jessisca -.

Jessisca -.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No hassle

The price was cheaper compared to other websites. I didn't receive my e-ticket after 7 days from payment and emailed Aunt Betty with my booking confirmation number. The response from Aunt Betty was quick and I received my e-ticket. Will definitely use it again.

Nick G.Sydney, NSW

Ripped Off By Aunt Betty

I was shafted with a hidden ‘seat selection fee’ which was not disclosed before I paid for the ticket.
I am travelling with my kids, am I supposed to have my 8year old sit next to a stranger? I can get seat selection at the for free at the airline website. The extra charges for seats were not disclosed until after i paid for the ticket which is misleading.
You haven’t tested your own product. The issue is that you don’t tell me that there is an extra ‘seat selection’ fee of $500 until after I paid for the non-refundable ticket. That is misleading.

Nick G.

Your customer service is just as bad as your your misleading website. All seats on the seat map required me to pay an extra $65 per seat. This was not disclosed to me until after I had purchased a non refundable ticket.

KitesurferPerth, WA

Extortionate charges for time change

At a loss

At a lossSydney, NSW

Aunt Betty - what's the point, outrageous charges for changing flight

For a fare of $337 they want to charge $140 on top of the airline change fee of $140 + 35 fee difference. What service are they providing? If I had simply booked through the airline I would not be facing paying almost more than my original fare to change a date. Customer service is not reliable. I called up and was told the officer would call me back. One hour later was still waiting and had to call again.

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

absolute terrible customer service!!

online form is accepting names in any language, but flight ticket send through incorrect writing.
out of pocket for the name correction about $700.- AUD
after 2hours phone conversation still blaming the airlines
not accepting that their own system has a programming failure!

Hi Steffen,
We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details, so we cna investigate your issue,

Silvio

SilvioGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They give you back the money easily

I book for a flight and when I was paying the page say something wrong happend... So I book through another agency and suddenly they charge the flight. I call the scared after see all the reviews and in just 10 minors the cancel my flight and give me my money back. Than so much

Ashley

AshleyCanberra 2600, ACT

Best online Travel Agent

Excellent service, booked tickets to Kuala Lumpur return, about $209 cheaper than booking directly with Malaysia Airlines. Received my booking itinerary/e-ticket within 20 minutes. Immediately checked my airline reference number on the Malaysia airlines website, and there it was. Will only use Aunt Betty from now on. Simply the best...Thank you!

Annie

AnnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

cant reserve seats and find bookings on airline site

sahduff

sahduffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Family of 5 flying to Singapore

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

HORRIBLE SERVICE. DO NOT USE.

I never write reviews but I am so disappointed with the service I have received.
Their customer service is woeful and after being told I was being issued a refund that should appear in my bank in the next 5-7 business days (one whole month ago) I received nothing.
My bet is that they haven't issued the refund and are ripping people off.
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

Hi Glenda,
We have sent you a private message so we can get your booking details and investigate.

Adam

AdamSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Avoid like the plague

Cheapest fares available but beware the hidden costs! Booked fares with them which were great value. Booked for 2 passengers which was conducted in a single transaction and issued as a single ticket.
Event was cancelled and so contacted them to cancel. Completely understand the airline cancellation fees based on ticket class, what I didn't expect was AB charging $250 per passenger (remember it was purchased as a single transaction) cancellation processing fee. their response when questioned was read the terms and conditions.... I could handle a $250 fee for the cancellation but per passenger? Greedy and all sorts of wrong. Lucky I had travel insurance. My tip, book with the airline.

Issue Resolved

Update: Issue has been resolved, changing my earlier rating.

//I just booked a flight 4 days ago and realised that I booked the wrong dates. I called them to move the dates and ...lesson today!//

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

Thanks Hersch - enjoy your holiday !!

Ali cucina

Ali cucinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thankyou for everything

Very happy with this company, all our flights went with out a problem. I have more problems with reputable companies and now will be use it aunt Betty as our ticket supplier ,,Thankyou so much

Bob E.

Bob E.Perth, WA

Had a few problems but all got sorted.

One big problem , NO phone contact , has airline change times Twice, and getting in touch with Betty was a problem but all sorted in the end, after a few stressful hours.

Krystal

KrystalPerth, WA

WARNING- AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Customer service is a joke with this pathetic company. Do not waste your money dealing with them. Tried to correct a spelling error and they slug a ridiculous fee! DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM

DuriWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

i couldn’t get e-ticket until now. My flight is 2days later.

My booking reference is ABY2439037 i couldn’t get e-ticket until now. i can’t sign in website as well what should i do. ASAP i think you need to fix it. Pls send my itinerary right now

Duri

Thanks for reply finally i got that in this morning.

Right on

Right onasked

Do you have to be Australian to book flights with Aunt Betty?

Hi Right On !!

NO - we take bookings from anyone ! Please ensure your first and surnames are entered into the booking system as per your passport. If you have multiple middle names, or a long name, just enter the first and surnames, and ignore the middle name box.
Please ensure you check your visa requirements.

Archangel S.

Archangel S.asked

hi, i booked a ticket last month and i was told that tax was included on my ticket, when im actually got a tax exemption as per OFW's Benefit. is it possible to get a refund for it?

Hi Archangel,
Please advise your ABY reference.
Please also advise what an OFW is ? If it is a benefit from a country other than Australia, you would not be able to get a refund.

Shaun

Shaunasked

Hi, I am looking to book a ticket to India and price is quite good but these reviews makes me very nervous and hesitant. The reviews are true and they have a call centre and they never connect. What should I do?

Michael
Michael

Shaun. There will be other providers to choose from if not the airline it's self. Is the price that much better? Paying a little bit more now may save a large loss later. Err on the side of caution I say. Aunt Betty is yet to get back to me a week after saying they'd look at my case. Stay away from Aunt Betty is my advice.

nicD
nicD

Hey Shaun, their call centre did answer me but they were not helpful in resolving my issue at all. I was too impatient to wait for an email response, so booked through another flight provider (Skidoo) instead for $50 more- their reviews weren't all great but the process was very smooth and I had no issues.

Hi Shaun,
Thank you for your enquiry. Our call centre is available 24/7 and the average wait time is less than one minute. We handle between 300 and 700 phone calls a day and up to 1000 emails a day.
Aunt Betty is a division of the Flight Centre Travel Group, so your can be certain your money and your booking is secure.

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives