Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (61) · No (641)
  • Ease of Booking

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware

Richard A

Richard ASydney Surrounds, NSW

Will Never Use Again, Impossible To Communicate With

Booked Air fares with AUNT BETTY online travel booking service, part of the Flight Centre Group. When Covid hit, they were impossible to communicate with. Eventually our flights got cancelled by the airline.
They were still impossible to communicate with, did not respond to email or calls. Only sent generic emails offering a credit, without providing any info about the conditions. In the end I had to lodge a complaint with NSW Fair trading, who contacted Aunt Betty, and they then responded offering a full refund which I got 10 weeks later. Extremely poor communication, and non existent customer service.

Refund

I have learned a lesson you book direct not though a travel agent. very hard to get anything done dealing with a second party.I understand it is not easy for them either but we will be direct in the future.

zok

zokGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overseas trip refund

Worst company i have ever dealt with. Not helpful when you call and refused to make any arrangement for a refund of the ticket booked for the trip that never happened and apparently it was myself who cancelled the trip. Hahahaha. Be very careful with this bunch never again

Stay away very unprofessional

They plain and simply refuse to refund my money !! The call center staff are rude they talk over the top of you and refuse to give their name or put you through to a manager.
STAY AWAY from this company.

Tharaa

Tharaa

Still waiting for a refund for a canceled flight in April 20

Very very poor communication from Aunt betty. I have been patient as I understand that it's a hard time, but it looks like they are taking me for a ride. I booked a flight via Singapore airlines for April 20 and a return for June 20. The flights were canceled by the airline and a refund was provided by the airline, but I have still not got it. when I finally got someone online, they told me it would be processed in 3 weeks and its been over 4 months and still no news. I hate it that they don't communicate, I mean how difficult is it for them to keep us updated. They have lost me as a customer and I will make a Consumer Complaint.

Abby W

Abby WSydney, NSW

DO NOT USE!!!!!

Ane

AneSydney, NSW

RIP OFFFFF

Our flights had to be cancelled due to Covid. On the phone for such a long time only to be sent an email saying to call them when I am ready to rebook. I called in today and the caller I had was so rude when I tried explaining something to her she would try to talk over me. Because she didn't like how I spoke to her she left me on hold for a long time and then tried to make me pay an additional $300 per person due to tax and fare difference. My voucher was less than the flights online and she said those are discounted prices and was then told to pay for a brand new fare if I don't want to pay for the fare difference. Would never go back to these rip offs.

bpiyushSydney, NSW

Not helpful once they have your money.

Due to Covid-19, and changes by airlines on their flights its impossible to get in touch with AuntBetty. I am getting email changes and reminders from them and if you do not agree to these its near impossible to contact them. Their Customer page is near useless. I realise they migh be inundated by queries but they need atleast an email one can contact them on

Mark J

Mark JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

MIGHT HELP YOU GET A REFUND

Do not ever do notttttttt go with AUNT BETTY!!!!!!!!!

Incompetent staffs who are not able to process anything and keep repeating "as per policy.. " "as per policy...". Please stay away from this website, do not ever go near them

After 10 months still no refund

Here I am in January still with no refund from a March trip. In March they said it would take up to 12 weeks - that seemed a long time then. Here I am in January and nothing has progressed. They no longer accept emails, dont answer their phone for hours. Its time for the authorities to do something about this firm.

MDS

MDSNew South Wales

REFUND? WHERE IS MY MONEY!

Cancelled due to covid. Impossible to contact "Our call centre in the Philippines is closed due to covid"! And, is there no alternative?
Give this Flight Centre offshoot a big miss....and Flight Centre too, for that matter. No duty of care whatsoever.

Sid B.

Sid B.South East Queensland, QLD

Scammers

Never ever book through these jokers! There is no customer care whatsoever. During COVID they stopped attending their calls and didn't even have an email address on their website they could attend to. They have morons on customer care who are very rude sitting in some third world country and lie on the phone. They basically stole my money and gave me zero refund.

Jam Aika D.

Jam Aika D.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer experience

It is hard to contact them. Booked with them and they haven’t gave my refund back. They provided me credit shell but will expire this Jan 2021. Couldn’t email or call them.

The greatest ever

The greatest everSydney, NSW

USA scammers operating in Australia

Really a joke. Scammers. Never book a flight with them. Uncontactable! No customer care and misleading services. May be a minus 2! Stay away from them. Will never book with them again

KLA

KLAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gift card what gift card!

Due to covid our flight got cancelled. We were advised later that we had a credit of $4312 we could use up to Dec 2021. I was happy to let it sit until this crisis is sorted. However this month we were advised we could use some or all for gift vouchers. I chose $1000 jb vouchers which were to be emailed on the 17th Dec. Nothing arrived. I rang on the 20th but was on hold for over an hour and didn't get through. Today I rang just after 7am and get an automated response which keeps saying "ring next business day". Can't even email them. What now?

Syed A.

Syed A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't access their website anymore and they dont respond to my emails. They have my money with them

I can't access their website it says access denied Since few months and they used to respond to my emails but they have stopped answering my emails. They are neither refunding nor booking another flight back home I have no contact with them this is ridiculous to stop customers from accessing their site.

Kris

Kris

Avoid Aunt Betty at all cost

Firstly, the flights got cancelled on us this year due to COVID and they will not refund our tickets back at all and gave us approx. $2000 worth of credits as the flights costed that much then. Secondly, because they forced us to use the credit instead we decided to book a flight to Brisbane from Melbourne at 8am, 21st of December. These guys did not SMS nor email us that the flight have change at all to 7am. So now we missed the flight. They will literally screw you over like no tomorrow over and over again. It is ashame that we can't give them a zero star for these scammers.

brigette

brigetteSydney, NSW

They ripped me off my Myers voucher

They offered me a gift voucher through Myer and so I took it as I was desperate for some sort of refund. I never received the voucher $4k gone ripped off. I called them how many times I have lost count and they claimed that they sent me the voucher. I have never received it. I’m going to consumer affairs this is ridiculous

KCC

KCCasked

bpiyush

Don't expect a reply. Did you realise this company is owned by Flight Center?
Will NEVER use them again and by inference never use Flight Center again

Sabrina T.

Sabrina T.asked

When will I get my refund? My booking was for 2 April. I asked for a refund in March. It is now December. When will you give my money back? I don't want your credit. I cannot fly from Australia to anywhere. So, I want my money back.

Stef
Stef

I'm in the same position - 8k refund due, have been waiting 6 months now. They told me they had submitted the refund request to the airline and kept asking me to wait. When eventually I rang the airline direct they said they hadn't received any refund request for my flights. Aunt Betty then said it had been submitted under a different process. Then just late last month (Nov) I followed up yet again and they told me that the airline had changed processes and all refund requests had to be submitted again, therefore it goes back to scratch and I must wait another 12-16 weeks. So it will be March next year before I can even expect to hear from them. A year for a refund! They said everyone is in the same boat.

Chris

Chrisasked

With our shell credit I have if we are unable to use by the date will this be extended the date I was give was to be booked by Jan 2021

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives