Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 4 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (688)
  • Ease of Booking

abhimanyu c.
abhimanyu c.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst Agent you ever deal with

So i canceled my flights in march and after 2 weeks with so much hassling they issued us flight credit and we have receipt of credits. Now we like to book flights domesticly again and they saying we aren't allowed to use credits anymore . And worst customer exp. ever with operators who can't speak and understand anything. I have to take now case to current affair or customer department to get my hard earn money back. Please stay away with this dodgy business. They are totally rip off.

Knights Fan
Knights FanHunter Region, NSW

Thieves! Avoid at all costs!

Our Garuda flights were cancelled due to COVID and Garuda informed us that our fares had been promptly returned to Aunt Betty. Now 16 weeks since claiming a refund, still nothing! Their phone staff are extremely rude and dismissive. They sent details of my refund by SMS, refusing to confirm by email! Dodgy! And if they do eventually refund me, I was advised that about 75% of my refund is gobbled up in fees anyway! Have filed with Fair Trading because what they’re doing should be illegal. I’m very sorry that I used them, and feel sick that I also convinced 3 other families to book their same flights with them.

Isaac
IsaacSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service, staff with no brain

I will NOT use Aunt Betty in my entire life ever again. Calling customer service for a refund on the 1 September and advised them the original payment method has been canceled and also provided them with the updated bank detail for the refund process. JEFF from customer service asked to send them an email about it which I did. Called 1 week later and said the refund has been processed on the 2 Sept and was transferred to the original form of payment. Absolutely unbelievable, clearly they hired someone with no brain and no skills at all. They even accused I was lying that the original payment method was not cancelled because the payment did not bounce back. I mean seriously?

Catherine
CatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid This Company At All Costs!

Nick
Nick

No refund from these scammers

Chasing these guys from the last 22 weeks for the refund, every time they said it will take 12 weeks, now it 22 weeks running, but no response from these guys. also, confirm with the Singapore airlines, they already refund my payment to Byojet. But these guys do not want to refund in my account.

Georgina H.
Georgina H.Sydney, NSW

Wish I could rate zero star

It's been 18 weeks and still waiting for my refund for flight cancelled in April due to Covid19. Customer service are all liars...They claimed that have not yet received my funds from the airline, but my friend's family booked the same flights as mine received the refund 2 months ago from other small travel agent. Will never ever book the flight from them again.

Not getting a refund

Have been trying to get into contact with Aunt Betty for MONTHS! No word on my $1700 refund since MARCH. Going to continue trying to contact but am really not happy with this experience.

Refusing to refund

Still holding my money and not refunding. I hope they go bust so I can hopefully claim on CC. Its been over 12 weeks as they promised. Definitely not returning

Melb gal
Melb galMelbourne

22 weeks and still waiting

My flights were cancelled in March and refunds requested back then. It is now 22 weeks since I requested a refund and still haven't received a cent. Those review below which claimed they received refunds in 12 weeks are either fake or the exception. Aunt Betty paid many people to write fake reviews on another review website - this was proven.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid refund processed

Flights cancelled just as countries began locking down. It took 14 weeks, but our refund has now been processed. Comms got better over time and AB followed through with refund.

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refund processed with no issues

My flight from Melbourne to Europe got cancelled in June due to covid. I requested a refund and have received it in full with no issues. It took about 12 weeks as stated but came through as promised.

Cowards and absolute SCAM

Cowards! Waited 12 weeks now for our refund due to COVID-19. They now say it'll take over 18 weeks! We are waiting on over $3000 and during this time is extremely stressful as we need it. They have no means of contacting them, we have submitted several complaints to the ACCC and Department of Fair Trading. Will never use again nor flight centre. We are considering a class action if anyone else is keen?

SCAMMED

Worst customer service ever. Still waiting for my refund from April. Company needs investigating. Rude customer service and they try and avoid you being able to contact them. Made me feel like they were doing me a favour when I got through bye having to wait 12 weeks.

Susan
SusanVictoria

Cancellation/Refund

I phoned & requested a refund on my airfares on 26/4/20 as they had put me onto a different flight without my prior agreement, plus i didn’t really want to travel because of covid-19, they said they would refund the full cost ($3666) less $100 per ticket (that’s 3 tickets so -$300) i agreed, i expected $3366 but today i found they actually refunded the FULL amount ($3666) & didn’t take the $100 per ticket deduction. It’s taken a ridiculously long time but i’m super glad it’s over & i’ve got the money back!

Colin
Colin

Terrible

As many others have found, Aunt Betty have stolen my money and continue making excuses to not refund my cancelled flights. Confirmed with the airline that Aunt Betty haven’t requested a refund from them yet despite Aunt Betty telling me they did over three months ago. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Anni
AnniSydney Surrounds, NSW

20 weeks and still waiting

Waiting 20 weeks for refund on flights cancelled by Qantas. Have put complaint into Fair Trading. Will never use Aunt Betty, flight centre or Qantas again. Very shameful treatment of customer!

They Are Liars and cheats

I Have been waiting for a refund for a booking made with Singapore Airlines.
Aunt Betty advises that they have not received the refund from Singapore Airlines.
When I contacted Singapore Airlines they advised me that they had refunded the costs to Aunt Betty over 1 month previous.
They still have not refunded the $13000.00 tickets.
They also give You a complete run around when phoning them.
You cannot speak with anybody that can give you a resolution.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Brian C.
Brian C.Sydney, NSW

Aunt Betty/Flight Centre = your worst nightmare

Angelica L.
Angelica L.

Worst travel agency

I’ve waited over 12 weeks for my refund, they keep saying the airline hasn’t refund them so I have to wait, when you call they hang up!
$2670 and they won’t give me a refund for the insurance I purchased from them. Terrible!

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

Stock standard reply read of a cue card.

Just Cruising
Just CruisingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Should be zero rating

Dishonest. Don't book with them.
Booked my return flights to the US . Couldn't fly beacuse of covid. Will not refund my fares. Tried to fob me off with , It will take 12 weeks to refund. Strange ! As it only took them two tenths of one second to take the moneh from my account.
I paid for airfares. I didn't fly. Not my fault. I should get my money back. How on earth can they think they should keep it ?
For what ? $ 2000 gone.
Horrible ,dodgy company. I hope they go broke. I really do.
Never ever again.

Keith Powell
Keith Powell

Will never book through Aunt Betty ( Flight Centre ) again

We had booked a return flight (Singapore Airlines flight departing May 20) through Aunt Betty . 14 weeks ago we went through the process of requesting a refund for the cancelled flight but apart from the acknowledgement of the request we have heard nil from Aunt Betty. The moral to the story is “don’t book through a travel agent”

Shocking service

I have been awaiting since march 15th for refunds from cancelled flights
This company is a scam n tell that many lies
Im tired of awaiting for my money
There is no reason to not refund me
Id never book again with this company ever again

Zeb
ZebFar North Queensland, QLD

No response and creating fake reviews

Paid for my tickets last year, got communication ONLY when it came from me, they won't bother to reach out to you.
My refund was apparently being processed and would take up to 12-weeks. -This was on April 4th, well over 12 weeks now.
My advice is to report them to the ACCC, hopefully they'll catch on and do something about it. Until then, keep calling and contact your bank about disputing the cost.

Noticed a sudden increase in the 5-star reviews for this terrible airlines; sure enough, these accounts were created on the day of the review, probably in an attempt to boost their review scores.

Harry M.
Harry M.South East Queensland, QLD

Aunt Betty ...More like Scrooge McDuck..

Like all the genuine travelers who paid up front for discount travel, in full, from back in 2019. Numerous calls and emails later and it’s Aug and still no refund. A good measure of a retailer is their refund actions, Fight centre and assoc companies are a DISGRACE... Will never trust them, not the first time to be caught out. Book direct with airlines in future, poor as they say.