Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 3 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (655)
  • Ease of Booking

Kon-ming
Kon-mingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund not processed after flights cancellation

Paid for our flights in early February 2020. Flights were cancelled in June 2020. Still waiting for refund. Repeated requests for status of refund were ignored. What is going on?

Precilla
PrecillaSydney, NSW

Requested refund in Jun20, still not received

I requested a refund on 11 June 2020 due to cancelled flight and covid restrictions. Aunt Betty claims to have requested a refund with Qantas on 1 July 2020. I have called back multiple times to follow up on the refund, and today they have advised that since Qantas are receiving a high volume of refunds, Aunt Betty estimates that I will only receive a refund within 6 months. I called the Qantas, and was advised that refunds may take over 12 weeks. Aunt Betty's estimation is double of Qantas'.

David
DavidKingston 2604, ACT

Refund received

Ricky
RickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company to deal with

Holding up cancellation money from last 7-8 months and everytime you contact them comeup with another excuse and asking to one more form with same details which were already provided.

Jon
JonBraddon 2612, ACT

Terrible handling of COVID refund - never book with them

Clare L.
Clare L.Sydney, NSW

I still haven't received my refund after 8 months

I booked flights in December 2019 to London from Sydney. I had to cancel them in March due to COVID-19. 8 months later I still have not recieved my refund. The flights cost $3100. I am waiting for my refund of $3100, I've tried everything. Their call centre isn't even taking calls anymore. Absolutely disgusting service.

Ada S.
Ada S.Perth, WA

Terrible customer service and not Australia based

If you have questions the only way is to CALL them.
Their call centre definately not in Australia, voice signal quliaty was poor and they might just hang you up

Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.Sydney, NSW

still no refund after 8 months

My flights were cancelled in March this year by the airline and I requested a refund then. It is now almost 8 months and I still haven't receive anything. All those people claiming they received their refund from Aunt Betty in a few weeks are lying and clearly paid by Aunty Betty to write fake reviews.

Thomas
Thomas

Claimed a refund 4 months ago and still waiting

Got a credit voucher for my booking in Apr but decided to claim a refund in Jun. It's been over 4 months (16 weeks) now and I am still waiting.

Rhubarb
RhubarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with Aunt Betty

Booked two international flights with Aunt Betty.First refund request in February, took a while to come though,but did arrive after 2 to 3 months. The second I accepted a credit at first,but decided recently to claim a refund.The call staff said it would in my account in 5 to 10 days,which it was.Very happy Aunt Betty and would not hesitate to book with them in the future.

Ahmed
AhmedPerth, WA

Its 26 weeks and I Haven't received my refund yet! ABY3228301

Its been 26 weeks and I haven't received my refund yet. This is appalling and disgusting knowing we are in unprecedented times and financially harsh times. I need my money back so I can put food on the table. I need my money!!!!!!! This is the number: ABY3228301

I want my moneyyyyyyyyyyyyy I want my $2,054.00

Fransisca C.
Fransisca C.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst online travel agent .

Been waiting for the refund from my flights from April , been told 3 months but never got it until now . At first been told we need to pay cancellation fee for flights canceled by the carriers ( which is SQ) , flights have all been canceled due to Covid and we even gotten the travel ban from Australian government . Such a dodgy company, first and last time dealing with this company and flight center .

midge
midgeFar North Queensland, QLD

Miracles can happen. I have finally been refunded from Aunt Betty.

After waiting 21 weeks and finding out from Singapore Airlines that they refunded my money back to Aunt Betty on 3 July (so Aunt Betty held on to my money knowingly for 10 weeks), I have finally recieved my refund. They did say I will get the whole $1334.00 back but I got $1316.00 instead. I am guessing the missing $28 was a credit card fee. To be honest I am just soooooooooooo happy I got most of my money back.
For those still waiting for a refund, please be persistant with them. I was like a dog with a bone.
I know one thing for sure, I will never book through an agent again.
Midge

abhimanyu c.
abhimanyu c.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst Agent you ever deal with

So i canceled my flights in march and after 2 weeks with so much hassling they issued us flight credit and we have receipt of credits. Now we like to book flights domesticly again and they saying we aren't allowed to use credits anymore . And worst customer exp. ever with operators who can't speak and understand anything. I have to take now case to current affair or customer department to get my hard earn money back. Please stay away with this dodgy business. They are totally rip off.

Knights Fan
Knights FanHunter Region, NSW

Thieves! Avoid at all costs!

Our Garuda flights were cancelled due to COVID and Garuda informed us that our fares had been promptly returned to Aunt Betty. Now 16 weeks since claiming a refund, still nothing! Their phone staff are extremely rude and dismissive. They sent details of my refund by SMS, refusing to confirm by email! Dodgy! And if they do eventually refund me, I was advised that about 75% of my refund is gobbled up in fees anyway! Have filed with Fair Trading because what they’re doing should be illegal. I’m very sorry that I used them, and feel sick that I also convinced 3 other families to book their same flights with them.

Isaac
IsaacSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service, staff with no brain

I will NOT use Aunt Betty in my entire life ever again. Calling customer service for a refund on the 1 September and advised them the original payment method has been canceled and also provided them with the updated bank detail for the refund process. JEFF from customer service asked to send them an email about it which I did. Called 1 week later and said the refund has been processed on the 2 Sept and was transferred to the original form of payment. Absolutely unbelievable, clearly they hired someone with no brain and no skills at all. They even accused I was lying that the original payment method was not cancelled because the payment did not bounce back. I mean seriously?

Catherine
CatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid This Company At All Costs!

Nick
Nick

No refund from these scammers

Chasing these guys from the last 22 weeks for the refund, every time they said it will take 12 weeks, now it 22 weeks running, but no response from these guys. also, confirm with the Singapore airlines, they already refund my payment to Byojet. But these guys do not want to refund in my account.

Georgina H.
Georgina H.Sydney, NSW

Wish I could rate zero star

It's been 18 weeks and still waiting for my refund for flight cancelled in April due to Covid19. Customer service are all liars...They claimed that have not yet received my funds from the airline, but my friend's family booked the same flights as mine received the refund 2 months ago from other small travel agent. Will never ever book the flight from them again.

Not getting a refund

Have been trying to get into contact with Aunt Betty for MONTHS! No word on my $1700 refund since MARCH. Going to continue trying to contact but am really not happy with this experience.

Refusing to refund

Still holding my money and not refunding. I hope they go bust so I can hopefully claim on CC. Its been over 12 weeks as they promised. Definitely not returning

Melb gal
Melb galMelbourne

22 weeks and still waiting

My flights were cancelled in March and refunds requested back then. It is now 22 weeks since I requested a refund and still haven't received a cent. Those review below which claimed they received refunds in 12 weeks are either fake or the exception. Aunt Betty paid many people to write fake reviews on another review website - this was proven.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid refund processed

Flights cancelled just as countries began locking down. It took 14 weeks, but our refund has now been processed. Comms got better over time and AB followed through with refund.

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refund processed with no issues

My flight from Melbourne to Europe got cancelled in June due to covid. I requested a refund and have received it in full with no issues. It took about 12 weeks as stated but came through as promised.

Cowards and absolute SCAM

Cowards! Waited 12 weeks now for our refund due to COVID-19. They now say it'll take over 18 weeks! We are waiting on over $3000 and during this time is extremely stressful as we need it. They have no means of contacting them, we have submitted several complaints to the ACCC and Department of Fair Trading. Will never use again nor flight centre. We are considering a class action if anyone else is keen?