Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 5 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (656)
  • Ease of Booking

Shareena Alfaz
Shareena AlfazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

Booked flight to travel in April , the airlines cancelled the flights but we didn't receive any credit until after I called them today. I received an email saying I get to use my credit and traveled to my booked overseas destination by 15 August 2020. With the borders still closed and uncertainty to when it will open, I don't know how I'm supposed to fly overseas.

Claire
ClaireSydney Surrounds, NSW

ABY3523326 12 weeks and still no refund

I have waited 12wks and rang to ask where my refund is to be informed aunt Betty are waiting fir the airline to refund them. The flight was with Emirates. I had a direct flight booked with Emirates fir my daughter where the refund was quick and simply. Yet your saying you haven’t received money from Emirates.

I want a time line for when I will receive refund. Living in the what ever time frame is unacceptable.

kerriscoullar
kerriscoullar

Angry

I've tried everything to contact this company and it seems they have just dissapeared! I cannot believe that can legally go on. No communication can be made with this company what so ever! I will take legal advise! I love the questionnaire, ease of booking ? Way to easy! Joke...

Chris W.
Chris W.Central Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service ever encountered. Avoid booking through this company!!!!

Booked a flight return to Dublin for June but flight got cancelled and requested a full refund only to receive numerous automated emails saying one minute id get a refund and the next no refund just a credit. Ethiad offering $400 extra credit if you hold onto your flight even if bought through a travel agent (On Etihad website). After being on hold for an hour and half was told i wont get a cash refund or the extra credit Etihad are offering. Worst company ive ever had to deal with

Find out how Aunt Betty compares to other Booking Services

A long tough process but professional customer service representative (Brad)

Silvia
SilviaSydney, NSW

No contact from AuntBetty regarding the refund for cancelled flight

It's been three weeks now after our flight to Europe on the 20/05/2020 was cancelled by their party, Aunt Betty/Qatar Airways. But we still have no contact from either Aunt Betty or Qatar. Is that even professional, ethic or legal? Pretending a problem does not exist does not solve the problem.
We ask Aunt Betty or Qatar Airways to get in touch with us asap so that we can sort out the flight once for all. We cannot contact them as their phone lines are all the time busy. We have paid A$3000 for this flight they refuse to even acknowledge. Neither of them are busy no longer since there have been few flights in the last few weeks, if any.
If not contacted soon enough we have no choice but to escalate the situation.

K Lacey
K LaceySydney, NSW

Shocking service - not advised about cancelation

I was advised 3 days ago through friends that our flights have been cancelled.
Aunt Betty have not even emailed me about the cancelation yet.
I've been on hold at least 5 hours to get confirmation and begin a refund, submitted a web form with no response.
Understand that there are a lot of requests at the moment, this is a forced cancelation and should take precedence.
ABY3245600

I was contacted immediately with an auto-generated reply when I posted this review and told I would have my refund in up to 12 weeks. It's now past 12 weeks and I haven't heard anything but received any funds.

Minakshi S.
Minakshi S.Sydney, NSW

Very unprofessional money hording company.

I have booked a flight with them and it cost me 1000 Aud. Flight was cancelled from airlines and airlines was unable to pride next flight sooner so I requested Aunt Betty to cancel or book any other with same cost. Firstly they where unable to provide any other alternative and secondly they were charging me twice what I paid for. When u asked them to cancel for my booking as they where unable to provide me services they were asking me 500 Aud for cancellation Very stupid and unprofessional people. Ask for cancellation fee even when they themselves unable to provide services. I will never book again with them. They are pain even after paying money. They should be banned from booking for Australia to save people’s money.

I should get a refund. So I waited 12 weeks, but I didn't give a refund or reply. Worst service. Never use this service. It throw your money . Give me answer!!!

Mak
MakSydney, NSW

It’s the worst and dishonest one ever

They’ve been saying that they will refund my canceled flight ticket fee due to COVID19 over 3 months but still not processed yet. The airline refunded but they said it hasn’t. Full of lie and excuse. Don’t ever use Aunt Betty! Regret!!!

Susannah A.
Susannah A.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service. Do not use.

I had my Virgin flight cancelled due to COVID and it has been a nightmare trying to work out how we can access the credit. Hopeless website. Hopeless customer service. I would NEVER book through Aunt Betty ever again..

James Lee
James LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

Bought a cx ticket in Nov 2019. Cancelled in March 2020 due to COVID.
Been waiting for a full refund since 7th March 2020.
Customer service isnt very helpful. There's no supervisor , no manager I could talk to.
I was told ' you will get it next week ' everytime I called.

At the end, I had to put in a dispute through my credit card provider

Nil communication!

Booked via aunt betty flight with virgin Australia, Wellington to Bali return via Australia. They are no longer flying to/ from NZ. What happens to our flight. Can't get a response from AB.

Andy
Andy

Scammers

Booked flights last August. Singapore Airlines cancelled over month ago. Can't email them, rang multiple times, get cut off after hr. Eventually got through, connected to a call center in Philipines, didn't give any info of use.
Avoid this lot, they will go under any day now, taking everybody's money with them.. Disgusting company, with absolutely no regard for customers.
Avoid at all costs until they go bust..

Another disappointing phone call

I have been following up my refund since the 8/03 and i keep getting the same rude response from the customer service team. I just want to know why it has taken so bloody long for a simple refund. I understand the situation of covid but it should not be a excuse for them. It is getting unbelievably difficult to deal with them. I hope they understand that there will be a lot of customers not returning....

Scurbs
ScurbsSydney

Disgraceful

Covid 19 struck, but Aunty Betty held firm, non refundable ticket. Cannot travel because of restrictions, but sorry you cant have your money back. Steer clear of this group. No moral fibre.

Unresolved cash refund request

Booked flights in March to Hawaii through Aunty Aunty Betty and have been struggling to get a cash refund. LOdged a dispute through my Bank NAB who was also unable to provide assistance. NaB was a complete waste of time. Aunty Bettys idea of Customer support is numerous automated generic email response. Dave how did you receive a cash refund?

Dave
Dave

Resolved

We received a cash refund 16th May as a credit on our amex card. Initial contact with them was 21st march when we asked they cancel the booking.

Initial outlay was $4791, we received $4710. I can live with the $80 admin. Had no idea it was coming so hang in there it looks like they're honoring the cash refunds. So they should. If they could improve their support I feel they wouldn't loose a single customer.

YhaelK
YhaelK

Fraudulent

Janice W.
Janice W.Perth, WA

Refund not offered

We chose Aunt Betty due to its good reviews. Unfortunately we have not experienced anything good with this company. Booked with Aunt Betty for a trip to Israel on the 9th January 2020 for 4 people. Trip was for April / May. Obviously with Covid19 this flight was cancelled by Aunt Betty. Since then we have been requesting a refund (not a credit) as no one knows when international flights will recommence. Not one of our emails were acknowledged. When we finally did hear back it was the standard response that we will hear back from them within 3 business days and that they prioritize by travel date. (Our travel dates have come and gone and we are not any closer to any relevant information .

Waiting for a refund since 17 February 2020

Sal
SalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful experience!!!

My family booked tickets to Singapore back in January for July. The government has now imposed "DO NOT TRAVEL" warning. We have been advised that there will be no international travelling for all Australian. We requested for a refund from Aunt Better and they refused. They claim the flight is still schedule to fly. How are we suppose to fly if the government has imposed a travel restriction?! Very very poor customer service and policy they have in place. Extremely disappointed and today, I see a post from them saying they are doing their best to help Australian who are unable to fly due to Covid-19?? They say one thing and do another. Absolutely pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!

B Nguyen
B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Flights changed multiple times. Been waiting over 12 weeks for them to process my refund. No reply multiple emails.

Flights were changed multiple times. In the beginning I accepted them. But then they changed my flight for a 24hours layover in HK during the corona outbreak. I have been waiting over 12 weeks for them to process my refund. To this day I am still trying to be patient and contact them via email, they have not replied to multiple emails.

Heath Knott
Heath KnottSydney, NSW

Fraudulent Fee's - Non existent $500 airline cancellation fee plus $250 AB fee

Aunt Betty charging $500 airline cancellation fee plus $250 AB fee yet, we confirmed with the airline (Cathay Pacific) they have wavered cancellation fees on all flights booked before 23 Jan 2020.

Aunt Betty is owned by same owner as Flight Center and look at their PR nightmare they recently due to cancellation gouging customers.

Terrible - Don't book with them!!!

Don't book with them, they are incompetent, don't keep up to date policies and have rude customer service staff that talk over you also there are no supervisors for you to escalate to.