Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (95) · No (752)
  • Ease of Booking

Terrible Handling of Flight Credits - Stay Away!

When international flghts were cancelled due to COVID, the communication process around credits was laughable. It took months for them to confirm that my money was held in credit.
When AUS-NZ borders reopened, i've attempted to book a flight, only to be advised it must be the same departing airport.
Second attempt when wanting to book same leg, it now also has to be the same airline (which is not flying AUS-NZ). Now, all of a sudden, I can use the credit for domestic flights in AUS.
None of this was ever communicated and is extremely frustrating.
Stay clear of this company - save your sanity and book directly with the airlines!

Mel
MelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I wish I didn't even have to tick one star

CHO
CHOPerth, WA

do not trust Aunt Betty!!

Disgraceful outcome after one year of waiting for our refund.
Aunt Betty is now asking us to deal directly with the Airlines to claim ticket cost (COVID related) and will not be involved anymore.

Why should we use Aunt Betty in that case?

very poor customer support - be ready to lose your money!!

Unknown
UnknownGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst experience of my life!

They have the worst customer service system. I had booked a flight which required me a visa and even after enquiring about these people, they said I don't need one. Cutting the long story short, it's better to never do business with them.

john 1604
john 1604sydney

covid 19 refund

it is now 12 months to the day that we had expected to fly out with thai airways.in that time covid hit the flights were cancelled thai airways went bankrupt so no funds for a refund.during this long haul aunty betty kept me informed of all the moves from thai airways .they were always polite and most helpful .i must say so was i as it was not their fault.i have just found a full refund in my bank account.full marks to aunty betty and the team it has been a very rocky road for all.thanks.

Amy North Western Region, NSW

Steer clear. Terrible communication.

Linda N.
Linda N.Kimberley, WA

HORRIBLE, SCAMMING THIEVES

I had a booking cancelled in March 2020 and December 2020 still havent been able to use voucher her as they claim it havent been processed yet, even though i have been sent a confirmation of the voucher. Now being talked to as if im a baby and not being listened to. They cut the voucher in half first and now denying me to get the remaining 1200$

rudy
rudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

In good hands

Re-booking our flights after covid cancelled our travel plans last year, was made so easy by your rep (sorry did not catch his name). His calm and pleasant manner reassured us that we were in good hands and the re-booking, incl credit voucher and preferred travel times was done with a minimum of fuss.

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ADVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Do not use Aunt Betty, book directly with the airlines.

Aunt Betty will note refund your flights, will not provided communications of so called conversations.

The airline has confirmed the refund is to be completed on Aunt Bettys end, over 14 months in the making.

James
JamesAustralian Capital Territory

Issued Credit - Used Recently, Perfect..!

My European Flights Cancelled January 2020 for Travel in June 2020. Went through all the process selecting "Credit" through Aunt Betty's Online communication. Now, I wont lie in saying it took a Long Time (8 Months) to receive the Credit with (Qantas/Finnair) but granted this was right in the middle of thousands of requests they were receiving so i had to sit tight. Credit Voucher was issued late 2020 and I used it about a month ago (March 2021) to book Domestic flights to Cairns. Had no problem applying Credit Voucher Code at Checkout Page. Ticket was issued within the hour. Checked booking reference given on Qantas Website and all good..!! Still have $150.00 left on Credit Voucher to use by December 2021. Thanks Aunt Betty..!!

Ana B.
Ana B.Sydney, NSW

They never pay you back scam

They didn't refund our flight,they didn't give us a credit everything with covit 19, we lost 1300 dollars. They ripped us off when it was only fair we had some form of good will

Santosh
SantoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They never pay you back

I had booked a flight from Australia to India (Roundtrip) in March 2020. My return flight got cancelled. I had requested for a refund and never received it yet. It is almost an year and their response is terrible.

Brilliant considering these times

Had about 6 trips over the last 12 months to get refunds for. The last one(Thai business) came through today. Great effort considering Thai is going through bankruptcy proceedings. Nothing but praise for Aunt Betty/ BYO. Just be patient and speak courteously to the staff. They’re doing it tough too.

Joe
JoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service. Total scam.

This travel agent has been really difficult to deal with. I had a flight with them last year which was cancelled due to Covid, and have since had numerous conversations with them trying to use the credit. Always results in them trying to charge me an exceptional amount of additional cash. They don't answer questions clearly and get aggressive when you ask. They make up rules that don't align with the airline's. Would not recommend booking with this company.

lifeng
lifengMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great customer service and helpful staff

booked a flight without confirmation. call ab and was assisted by helpful and patient staff member. Pleased with the results. Thank you very much. Will book through ab again! All the best.