Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 3 of 32)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (784)
  • Ease of Booking

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waiting for my refund after 6 months of logging it

I booked my flights in January 2020 to travel in June.
Of course with Covid, the flights were cancelled, so I logged i refund in May, they said it was taking them up to 12 weeks to refund the money to costumers, I have called several times, they said they are waiting for the airline.
I am still waiting, Its been 6 months since i apply for the refund. I need my money back now!

vlad s.
vlad s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service. They think its OK to just hang up on people

Just spoke to [name removed] (if that was her real name) from Aunt Betty. Very very rude and just hung up on me. Worst customer service ever experienced. This was probably my 10th time following up my refund which was for tickets purchased in Feb 2020 and apparently refund was approved in June 2020. 5 months later and no refund and no approximate time frame. Terrible company.

Kon-ming
Kon-mingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund not processed after flights cancellation

Paid for our flights in early February 2020. Flights were cancelled in June 2020. Still waiting for refund. Repeated requests for status of refund were ignored. What is going on?

Precilla
PrecillaSydney, NSW

Requested refund in Jun20, still not received

I requested a refund on 11 June 2020 due to cancelled flight and covid restrictions. Aunt Betty claims to have requested a refund with Qantas on 1 July 2020. I have called back multiple times to follow up on the refund, and today they have advised that since Qantas are receiving a high volume of refunds, Aunt Betty estimates that I will only receive a refund within 6 months. I called the Qantas, and was advised that refunds may take over 12 weeks. Aunt Betty's estimation is double of Qantas'.

David
DavidKingston 2604, ACT

Refund received

Maulik Chauhan
Maulik ChauhanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service and refund received in 21 days

Our December 2020 flight has been cancelled by Emirates on 7 October and given two choices by Aunt Betty get full refund minus credit card fees or get credit vouchers. I applied for refund on 09 October and told it will take up to 12 weeks But happy to Say that I received my refund today. At first I was also bit worried reading all horror stories here but I would say it may be depending on the airline and not aunt Betty.

Ricky
RickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company to deal with

Holding up cancellation money from last 7-8 months and everytime you contact them comeup with another excuse and asking to one more form with same details which were already provided.

Jon
JonBraddon 2612, ACT

Terrible handling of COVID refund - never book with them

Clare L.
Clare L.Sydney, NSW

I still haven't received my refund after 8 months

I booked flights in December 2019 to London from Sydney. I had to cancel them in March due to COVID-19. 8 months later I still have not recieved my refund. The flights cost $3100. I am waiting for my refund of $3100, I've tried everything. Their call centre isn't even taking calls anymore. Absolutely disgusting service.

Jennifer
JenniferSydney, NSW

Covid Cancellation - Got my full refund

I usually don't write reviews but just wanted everyone to know that I received my full refund after waiting a very long time. Just hang in there and they will refund back your money.

Ada S.
Ada S.Perth, WA

Terrible customer service and not Australia based

If you have questions the only way is to CALL them.
Their call centre definately not in Australia, voice signal quliaty was poor and they might just hang you up

Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.Sydney, NSW

still no refund after 8 months

My flights were cancelled in March this year by the airline and I requested a refund then. It is now almost 8 months and I still haven't receive anything. All those people claiming they received their refund from Aunt Betty in a few weeks are lying and clearly paid by Aunty Betty to write fake reviews.

Thomas
Thomas

Claimed a refund 4 months ago and still waiting

Got a credit voucher for my booking in Apr but decided to claim a refund in Jun. It's been over 4 months (16 weeks) now and I am still waiting.

George T.
George T.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Refund Policy

Purchased Non-Refundable Singapore Airlines Business Class tickets from Aunt Betty in January 2020 for travel in October 2020. We were unable to travel due to Covid 19 and requested a refund. 100% of the payment was refunded within a couple of months with no deduction for fees etc. This is excellent service in a time of crisis. We will definitely be using Aunt Betty when we are able to travel again

Rhubarb
RhubarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with Aunt Betty

Booked two international flights with Aunt Betty.First refund request in February, took a while to come though,but did arrive after 2 to 3 months. The second I accepted a credit at first,but decided recently to claim a refund.The call staff said it would in my account in 5 to 10 days,which it was.Very happy Aunt Betty and would not hesitate to book with them in the future.

Ahmed
AhmedPerth, WA

Its 26 weeks and I Haven't received my refund yet! ABY3228301

Its been 26 weeks and I haven't received my refund yet. This is appalling and disgusting knowing we are in unprecedented times and financially harsh times. I need my money back so I can put food on the table. I need my money!!!!!!! This is the number: ABY3228301

I want my moneyyyyyyyyyyyyy I want my $2,054.00

Fransisca C.
Fransisca C.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst online travel agent .

Been waiting for the refund from my flights from April , been told 3 months but never got it until now . At first been told we need to pay cancellation fee for flights canceled by the carriers ( which is SQ) , flights have all been canceled due to Covid and we even gotten the travel ban from Australian government . Such a dodgy company, first and last time dealing with this company and flight center .

midge
midgeFar North Queensland, QLD

Miracles can happen. I have finally been refunded from Aunt Betty.

After waiting 21 weeks and finding out from Singapore Airlines that they refunded my money back to Aunt Betty on 3 July (so Aunt Betty held on to my money knowingly for 10 weeks), I have finally recieved my refund. They did say I will get the whole $1334.00 back but I got $1316.00 instead. I am guessing the missing $28 was a credit card fee. To be honest I am just soooooooooooo happy I got most of my money back.
For those still waiting for a refund, please be persistant with them. I was like a dog with a bone.
I know one thing for sure, I will never book through an agent again.
Midge

abhimanyu c.
abhimanyu c.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst Agent you ever deal with

So i canceled my flights in march and after 2 weeks with so much hassling they issued us flight credit and we have receipt of credits. Now we like to book flights domesticly again and they saying we aren't allowed to use credits anymore . And worst customer exp. ever with operators who can't speak and understand anything. I have to take now case to current affair or customer department to get my hard earn money back. Please stay away with this dodgy business. They are totally rip off.

Knights Fan
Knights FanHunter Region, NSW

Thieves! Avoid at all costs!

Our Garuda flights were cancelled due to COVID and Garuda informed us that our fares had been promptly returned to Aunt Betty. Now 16 weeks since claiming a refund, still nothing! Their phone staff are extremely rude and dismissive. They sent details of my refund by SMS, refusing to confirm by email! Dodgy! And if they do eventually refund me, I was advised that about 75% of my refund is gobbled up in fees anyway! Have filed with Fair Trading because what they’re doing should be illegal. I’m very sorry that I used them, and feel sick that I also convinced 3 other families to book their same flights with them.

Isaac
IsaacSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service, staff with no brain

I will NOT use Aunt Betty in my entire life ever again. Calling customer service for a refund on the 1 September and advised them the original payment method has been canceled and also provided them with the updated bank detail for the refund process. JEFF from customer service asked to send them an email about it which I did. Called 1 week later and said the refund has been processed on the 2 Sept and was transferred to the original form of payment. Absolutely unbelievable, clearly they hired someone with no brain and no skills at all. They even accused I was lying that the original payment method was not cancelled because the payment did not bounce back. I mean seriously?

Catherine
CatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid This Company At All Costs!

Nick
Nick

No refund from these scammers

Chasing these guys from the last 22 weeks for the refund, every time they said it will take 12 weeks, now it 22 weeks running, but no response from these guys. also, confirm with the Singapore airlines, they already refund my payment to Byojet. But these guys do not want to refund in my account.

Georgina H.
Georgina H.Sydney, NSW

Wish I could rate zero star

It's been 18 weeks and still waiting for my refund for flight cancelled in April due to Covid19. Customer service are all liars...They claimed that have not yet received my funds from the airline, but my friend's family booked the same flights as mine received the refund 2 months ago from other small travel agent. Will never ever book the flight from them again.

Not getting a refund

Have been trying to get into contact with Aunt Betty for MONTHS! No word on my $1700 refund since MARCH. Going to continue trying to contact but am really not happy with this experience.