Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 4 of 32)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (784)
  • Ease of Booking

Refusing to refund

Still holding my money and not refunding. I hope they go bust so I can hopefully claim on CC. Its been over 12 weeks as they promised. Definitely not returning

Melb gal
Melb galMelbourne

22 weeks and still waiting

My flights were cancelled in March and refunds requested back then. It is now 22 weeks since I requested a refund and still haven't received a cent. Those review below which claimed they received refunds in 12 weeks are either fake or the exception. Aunt Betty paid many people to write fake reviews on another review website - this was proven.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid refund processed

Flights cancelled just as countries began locking down. It took 14 weeks, but our refund has now been processed. Comms got better over time and AB followed through with refund.

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refund processed with no issues

My flight from Melbourne to Europe got cancelled in June due to covid. I requested a refund and have received it in full with no issues. It took about 12 weeks as stated but came through as promised.

Cowards and absolute SCAM

Cowards! Waited 12 weeks now for our refund due to COVID-19. They now say it'll take over 18 weeks! We are waiting on over $3000 and during this time is extremely stressful as we need it. They have no means of contacting them, we have submitted several complaints to the ACCC and Department of Fair Trading. Will never use again nor flight centre. We are considering a class action if anyone else is keen?

SCAMMED

Worst customer service ever. Still waiting for my refund from April. Company needs investigating. Rude customer service and they try and avoid you being able to contact them. Made me feel like they were doing me a favour when I got through bye having to wait 12 weeks.

Colin
Colin

Terrible

As many others have found, Aunt Betty have stolen my money and continue making excuses to not refund my cancelled flights. Confirmed with the airline that Aunt Betty haven’t requested a refund from them yet despite Aunt Betty telling me they did over three months ago. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Anni
AnniSydney Surrounds, NSW

20 weeks and still waiting

Waiting 20 weeks for refund on flights cancelled by Qantas. Have put complaint into Fair Trading. Will never use Aunt Betty, flight centre or Qantas again. Very shameful treatment of customer!

They Are Liars and cheats

I Have been waiting for a refund for a booking made with Singapore Airlines.
Aunt Betty advises that they have not received the refund from Singapore Airlines.
When I contacted Singapore Airlines they advised me that they had refunded the costs to Aunt Betty over 1 month previous.
They still have not refunded the $13000.00 tickets.
They also give You a complete run around when phoning them.
You cannot speak with anybody that can give you a resolution.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Brian C.
Brian C.Sydney, NSW

Aunt Betty/Flight Centre = your worst nightmare

Angelica L.
Angelica L.

Worst travel agency

I’ve waited over 12 weeks for my refund, they keep saying the airline hasn’t refund them so I have to wait, when you call they hang up!
$2670 and they won’t give me a refund for the insurance I purchased from them. Terrible!

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

Stock standard reply read of a cue card.

Just Cruising
Just CruisingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Should be zero rating

Dishonest. Don't book with them.
Booked my return flights to the US . Couldn't fly beacuse of covid. Will not refund my fares. Tried to fob me off with , It will take 12 weeks to refund. Strange ! As it only took them two tenths of one second to take the moneh from my account.
I paid for airfares. I didn't fly. Not my fault. I should get my money back. How on earth can they think they should keep it ?
For what ? $ 2000 gone.
Horrible ,dodgy company. I hope they go broke. I really do.
Never ever again.

Keith Powell
Keith Powell

Will never book through Aunt Betty ( Flight Centre ) again

We had booked a return flight (Singapore Airlines flight departing May 20) through Aunt Betty . 14 weeks ago we went through the process of requesting a refund for the cancelled flight but apart from the acknowledgement of the request we have heard nil from Aunt Betty. The moral to the story is “don’t book through a travel agent”

Shocking service

I have been awaiting since march 15th for refunds from cancelled flights
This company is a scam n tell that many lies
Im tired of awaiting for my money
There is no reason to not refund me
Id never book again with this company ever again

Zeb
ZebFar North Queensland, QLD

No response and creating fake reviews

Paid for my tickets last year, got communication ONLY when it came from me, they won't bother to reach out to you.
My refund was apparently being processed and would take up to 12-weeks. -This was on April 4th, well over 12 weeks now.
My advice is to report them to the ACCC, hopefully they'll catch on and do something about it. Until then, keep calling and contact your bank about disputing the cost.

Noticed a sudden increase in the 5-star reviews for this terrible airlines; sure enough, these accounts were created on the day of the review, probably in an attempt to boost their review scores.

Harry M.
Harry M.South East Queensland, QLD

Aunt Betty ...More like Scrooge McDuck..

Like all the genuine travelers who paid up front for discount travel, in full, from back in 2019. Numerous calls and emails later and it’s Aug and still no refund. A good measure of a retailer is their refund actions, Fight centre and assoc companies are a DISGRACE... Will never trust them, not the first time to be caught out. Book direct with airlines in future, poor as they say.

Wonderful service!

Aunty Betty kept us up to date through the trying COVID times. No additional fees and our money back in full! Messages and emails were sent promptly. Phone delays were not long.

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Refund of airfare cancelled due to COVID

Melbourne Trav
Melbourne TravGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

16 weeks and still no refund

My flight was cancelled since end of March. It is now August and still have not received my refund. Aunt Betty treats customers' money like their own. I will be writing another complaint letter to ACCC. Aunt Betty and Flight Centre need to be closed down permanently.

Monica
MonicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Won't ever use Aunt Betty again

Like others I am still waiting for a refund for my pre-paid European trip in May 2020. I was promised a '12 week wait' , and a refund date of 24 July. This has now come and gone. Contact via email is a waste of time, one receives the same standard email messages claiming Singapore Airlines must first 'release' the refund, after which Aunt Betty takes out its processing fee. Cheap company that reflects badly on Flight Centre, and the CEO. Guess the lesson learned is to book with the airline directly.

Kelly M.
Kelly M.South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking!! Never book again..avoid all

Our flights were cancelled by the airlines end of march. Aunt betty said they would give us a refund after numerous days and hrs spent trying to get an answer on the phone. They have tried blaming Singapore airlines which have contacted and they said they refunded them months ago. Disgusting company

Emannuel G.
Emannuel G.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero stress

I had a flight booked but due to COVID pandemic, my flights were cancelled. Aunt Betty sent an email prior to my flight to choose what options I'd like. I have chosen a credit shell and a few days later my money was there. Really, really easy. Zero stress. I had the same issue with another travel agent called Go To Gate, but in this case, Go To Gate were the opposite, 100% stress and waiting for my refund for over 5 months. So, this is the reason that I came here to say: Thank You So Much Aunt Betty.

No need to be stressed

I was meant to fly to England in June but obviously Rona had other ideas.. i requested a credit for my flights. Today I rang Aunt Betty to find out when I could rebook, I expected the worst... expecting to be on hold for 5 hours. Whole conversation lasted 5 minutes, super helpful staff, got a full refund coming! I won't count my chickens just yet as I'm yet to receive the money.. but to anyone who's worried about refunds and using credit, just call and speak to them!

KirkbySouth East Queensland, QLD

Still no refund

I’m still waiting for a refund for a flight cancelled 1 April, initially huge fees charged so I accepted credit voucher, then the ACCC stepped in so I was able to claim a full refund, Aunt Betty never advised me of this I only found out through googling meaning more delays. Advised in May refund would be processed, Aunt Betty blame Qantas for delay, Qantas say nothing they can do. Shameful behaviour from both, Aunt Betty say refund could take more than 12 weeks, that is potentially forever. I’ll never use either again, my friend booked same journey with later departure date with Emirates, received her refund promptly back in April when flight cancelled.

Kirkby

Still no refund and no communication, shocking that it now appears the agent and the airline will continue to dishonestly hold on to our money and there is literally nothing we can do about it