Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 3 of 72)

• Trip Completed Yes (90) · No (724)
  • Ease of Booking

Horrible company with the worst customer service

Diana

DianaSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever experienced.

Worst customer service ever experienced. The employee refused my request to speak to the manager and hung up on me. I requested a refund as my credit voucher expires in January 2021 but due to COVID international flights will still not be possible. Aunt Betty does not have a clue if they can provide me with a refund.

Riley D.

Riley D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Fraudulent bookings

Accepted payment for flights that were canceled within 24hrs. When questioned over the phone multiple times about re booking or cancellations was told flights were none refundable and dont count for cancellation and no flights to be rebooked for over 3 weeks. When asked how it can be cancelled withing 24hr was told just because we advertise flights and take full payment doesn't mean you will be able to go on your flight.

Shingi S.

Shingi S.Sydney, NSW

Aunt Betty is a joke!

Aunt Betty is an absolutely shocking third-party online travel agent with minimal customer service, horrible attitude and an utterly unprofessional culture of tardiness and nastiness. The airlines has already refunded my tickets, yet Aunt Betty still refuses to pay out the refunds after months of waiting. I'm that sort of person who hates writing reviews. As such, I am feeling obligated to offer anyone who is reading this post a heads up - I have learnt my lesson and upon COVID normal, I will book directly with the airlines.

Cheryl Hendy

Cheryl HendyVictoria

After previously writing a review for a refund from Aunt Betty and being very disappointed I have finally had some luck. Originally I received no itinerary and no AB reservation number that had gone on since 24th Feb 2020 today I phoned Aunt Betty and everything was finally sorted out by Marvin over the phone! Credit where credits due he did a wonderful job sorting this all out and I will receive my refund in 12 wks. Thank you Marvin from Cheryl

Mon

Mon

Responsive and quick refund

Received our refund for flights booked for Singapore Airlines within weeks of requesting it. I was worried when requesting it after seeing all the negative reviews but it seems like the issues people are having are more with the airline not refunding Aunt Betty than Aunt Betty themselves. The flights, if they’d gone ahead, were well-priced and the booking process was smooth. I’d recommend Aunt Betty to anyone and again really appreciate Jhubei‘s clear and timely emails. They did a great job and hopefully everyone can remain patient in this tough time because Aunt Betty aren’t doing anyone wrong and are clearly doing their best!

Lis

LisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Due to coronavirus, my international flight from Australia to Bali was cancelled back in March. Since March I have been attempting to organise a refund. A voucher has been provided which expires in January 2021 but due to the pandemic, international flights will still not be possible. Upon asking for an extension for the voucher due to the circumstances I was advised that aunt Betty wasn’t sure and that I should continue calling back until my voucher expires in January. And if they still don’t have a solution by then, I will lose my flight credit. Staff were very rude on the phone, and I do understand that staff numbers are low, but to be attempting to find a solution for 8 months, this is just horrible service.

rhodes24

rhodes24MELBOURNE

Never book via Aunt Betty again

Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waiting for my refund after 6 months of logging it

I booked my flights in January 2020 to travel in June.
Of course with Covid, the flights were cancelled, so I logged i refund in May, they said it was taking them up to 12 weeks to refund the money to costumers, I have called several times, they said they are waiting for the airline.
I am still waiting, Its been 6 months since i apply for the refund. I need my money back now!

Simone

SimoneWestern Australia

All sorted in a timely manner

Like many others, I had to ask a refund for my family trip to Italy. It took a while? Yes, but they have never said it would be quick. Did they respond to my requests? Yes, all the times. Did they send email in regards to the present stage of refund steps? Yes. Did the ever hang up on me or were ever rude? No. It was very confusing at the very beginning, but eventually they did what I asked them to do.

Emma W.

Emma W.Sydney, NSW

Why haven't you refunded your customers? You are legally obliged!

I requested a refund at the beginning of April 2020 for flights to the value of $2,300. I have followed up at least 10 times and been given varying advice. Sometimes I have been told I will not be getting a refund, sometimes I'm told it's being processed now, and other times I'm told the airline has not released the funds yet. This service is absolutely abhorrent in a year when individuals have has such sever e financial impacts. It is our right to receive a refund according to the ACCC. If anyone knows how we can hold Aunt Betty accountable, please get in touch.

vlad s.

vlad s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service. They think its OK to just hang up on people

Just spoke to [name removed] (if that was her real name) from Aunt Betty. Very very rude and just hung up on me. Worst customer service ever experienced. This was probably my 10th time following up my refund which was for tickets purchased in Feb 2020 and apparently refund was approved in June 2020. 5 months later and no refund and no approximate time frame. Terrible company.

Jessie T.

Jessie T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid 19 refund

I booked my flight back in January and applied for a refund in June. Aunt Betty provided email updates regularly to keep me informed in regards to the delay as they were awaiting refunds from the airline. I received a refund today for the full amount. I am so pleased with the communication throughout such a crazy period and despite the delay, grateful for the fact I was lucky enough to receive a refund. Please be patient with them as the process was very easy, and the delay can only be expected at this time. Will definitely book via this service again.

Kon-ming

Kon-mingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund not processed after flights cancellation

Paid for our flights in early February 2020. Flights were cancelled in June 2020. Still waiting for refund. Repeated requests for status of refund were ignored. What is going on?

Precilla

PrecillaSydney, NSW

Requested refund in Jun20, still not received

I requested a refund on 11 June 2020 due to cancelled flight and covid restrictions. Aunt Betty claims to have requested a refund with Qantas on 1 July 2020. I have called back multiple times to follow up on the refund, and today they have advised that since Qantas are receiving a high volume of refunds, Aunt Betty estimates that I will only receive a refund within 6 months. I called the Qantas, and was advised that refunds may take over 12 weeks. Aunt Betty's estimation is double of Qantas'.

terrible

been waiting 8 months for a refund, asked them to cancel it so our insurance could pay it out but instead they put it in credit so we could not accept the insurance. called about 20 times terrible service.

Maulik Chauhan

Maulik ChauhanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service and refund received in 21 days

Our December 2020 flight has been cancelled by Emirates on 7 October and given two choices by Aunt Betty get full refund minus credit card fees or get credit vouchers. I applied for refund on 09 October and told it will take up to 12 weeks But happy to Say that I received my refund today. At first I was also bit worried reading all horror stories here but I would say it may be depending on the airline and not aunt Betty.

Ricky

RickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company to deal with

Holding up cancellation money from last 7-8 months and everytime you contact them comeup with another excuse and asking to one more form with same details which were already provided.

Jon

JonBraddon 2612, ACT

Terrible handling of COVID refund - never book with them

Waiting over 7 months for refund

I had a cancelled flight in March due to Covid and have been waiting since the day after for a refund. It still hasn't been processed. They have terrible customer service and will never use them again. They kept giving me the wrong information.