Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 4 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (604)
  • Ease of Booking

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

Stock standard reply read of a cue card.

Just Cruising
Just CruisingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Should be zero rating

Dishonest. Don't book with them.
Booked my return flights to the US . Couldn't fly beacuse of covid. Will not refund my fares. Tried to fob me off with , It will take 12 weeks to refund. Strange ! As it only took them two tenths of one second to take the moneh from my account.
I paid for airfares. I didn't fly. Not my fault. I should get my money back. How on earth can they think they should keep it ?
For what ? $ 2000 gone.
Horrible ,dodgy company. I hope they go broke. I really do.
Never ever again.

Keith Powell
Keith Powell

Will never book through Aunt Betty ( Flight Centre ) again

We had booked a return flight (Singapore Airlines flight departing May 20) through Aunt Betty . 14 weeks ago we went through the process of requesting a refund for the cancelled flight but apart from the acknowledgement of the request we have heard nil from Aunt Betty. The moral to the story is “don’t book through a travel agent”

Shocking service

I have been awaiting since march 15th for refunds from cancelled flights
This company is a scam n tell that many lies
Im tired of awaiting for my money
There is no reason to not refund me
Id never book again with this company ever again

Zeb
ZebFar North Queensland, QLD

No response and creating fake reviews

Paid for my tickets last year, got communication ONLY when it came from me, they won't bother to reach out to you.
My refund was apparently being processed and would take up to 12-weeks. -This was on April 4th, well over 12 weeks now.
My advice is to report them to the ACCC, hopefully they'll catch on and do something about it. Until then, keep calling and contact your bank about disputing the cost.

Noticed a sudden increase in the 5-star reviews for this terrible airlines; sure enough, these accounts were created on the day of the review, probably in an attempt to boost their review scores.

Harry M.
Harry M.South East Queensland, QLD

Aunt Betty ...More like Scrooge McDuck..

Like all the genuine travelers who paid up front for discount travel, in full, from back in 2019. Numerous calls and emails later and it’s Aug and still no refund. A good measure of a retailer is their refund actions, Fight centre and assoc companies are a DISGRACE... Will never trust them, not the first time to be caught out. Book direct with airlines in future, poor as they say.

Melbourne Trav
Melbourne TravGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

16 weeks and still no refund

My flight was cancelled since end of March. It is now August and still have not received my refund. Aunt Betty treats customers' money like their own. I will be writing another complaint letter to ACCC. Aunt Betty and Flight Centre need to be closed down permanently.

Monica
MonicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Won't ever use Aunt Betty again

Like others I am still waiting for a refund for my pre-paid European trip in May 2020. I was promised a '12 week wait' , and a refund date of 24 July. This has now come and gone. Contact via email is a waste of time, one receives the same standard email messages claiming Singapore Airlines must first 'release' the refund, after which Aunt Betty takes out its processing fee. Cheap company that reflects badly on Flight Centre, and the CEO. Guess the lesson learned is to book with the airline directly.

Kelly M.
Kelly M.South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking!! Never book again..avoid all

Our flights were cancelled by the airlines end of march. Aunt betty said they would give us a refund after numerous days and hrs spent trying to get an answer on the phone. They have tried blaming Singapore airlines which have contacted and they said they refunded them months ago. Disgusting company

KirkbySouth East Queensland, QLD

Still no refund

I’m still waiting for a refund for a flight cancelled 1 April, initially huge fees charged so I accepted credit voucher, then the ACCC stepped in so I was able to claim a full refund, Aunt Betty never advised me of this I only found out through googling meaning more delays. Advised in May refund would be processed, Aunt Betty blame Qantas for delay, Qantas say nothing they can do. Shameful behaviour from both, Aunt Betty say refund could take more than 12 weeks, that is potentially forever. I’ll never use either again, my friend booked same journey with later departure date with Emirates, received her refund promptly back in April when flight cancelled.

Kirkby

Still no refund and no communication, shocking that it now appears the agent and the airline will continue to dishonestly hold on to our money and there is literally nothing we can do about it

PJ Agarwal
PJ AgarwalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid At All Costs

Continued Bad Behavior by Aunty Betty - [EDIT Refund Received]

Chris N.
Chris N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst travel agency ever, deserve to go bankrupt

Flights cancelled due to COVID. Was given until June to rebook flights to complete by 31 December. Impossible with current situation and travel ban on Australian citizens. Told it’s not our problem you agreed to the airline policy when booking your flight. No help offered, told if I haven’t completed flights by end of the year my flights and money forfeited. Disgusting.

Dejana
Dejana

Never ever book with Aunt Betty, worst Travel site.

promised full refund and then this was withdrawn a month later. Was offered a refund of cancellation fee $380 instead of full refund of $2500. When questioned further I received email saying "take it or leave it". Absolutely disguisting.

Bryon B.

taking more than 2 months to issue a travel voucher

Shareena Alfaz
Shareena AlfazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

Booked flight to travel in April , the airlines cancelled the flights but we didn't receive any credit until after I called them today. I received an email saying I get to use my credit and traveled to my booked overseas destination by 15 August 2020. With the borders still closed and uncertainty to when it will open, I don't know how I'm supposed to fly overseas.

Claire
ClaireSydney Surrounds, NSW

ABY3523326 12 weeks and still no refund

I have waited 12wks and rang to ask where my refund is to be informed aunt Betty are waiting fir the airline to refund them. The flight was with Emirates. I had a direct flight booked with Emirates fir my daughter where the refund was quick and simply. Yet your saying you haven’t received money from Emirates.

I want a time line for when I will receive refund. Living in the what ever time frame is unacceptable.

kerriscoullar
kerriscoullar

Angry

I've tried everything to contact this company and it seems they have just dissapeared! I cannot believe that can legally go on. No communication can be made with this company what so ever! I will take legal advise! I love the questionnaire, ease of booking ? Way to easy! Joke...

Chris W.
Chris W.Central Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service ever encountered. Avoid booking through this company!!!!

Booked a flight return to Dublin for June but flight got cancelled and requested a full refund only to receive numerous automated emails saying one minute id get a refund and the next no refund just a credit. Ethiad offering $400 extra credit if you hold onto your flight even if bought through a travel agent (On Etihad website). After being on hold for an hour and half was told i wont get a cash refund or the extra credit Etihad are offering. Worst company ive ever had to deal with

Silvia
SilviaSydney, NSW

No contact from AuntBetty regarding the refund for cancelled flight

It's been three weeks now after our flight to Europe on the 20/05/2020 was cancelled by their party, Aunt Betty/Qatar Airways. But we still have no contact from either Aunt Betty or Qatar. Is that even professional, ethic or legal? Pretending a problem does not exist does not solve the problem.
We ask Aunt Betty or Qatar Airways to get in touch with us asap so that we can sort out the flight once for all. We cannot contact them as their phone lines are all the time busy. We have paid A$3000 for this flight they refuse to even acknowledge. Neither of them are busy no longer since there have been few flights in the last few weeks, if any.
If not contacted soon enough we have no choice but to escalate the situation.

K Lacey
K LaceySydney, NSW

Shocking service - not advised about cancelation

I was advised 3 days ago through friends that our flights have been cancelled.
Aunt Betty have not even emailed me about the cancelation yet.
I've been on hold at least 5 hours to get confirmation and begin a refund, submitted a web form with no response.
Understand that there are a lot of requests at the moment, this is a forced cancelation and should take precedence.
ABY3245600

I was contacted immediately with an auto-generated reply when I posted this review and told I would have my refund in up to 12 weeks. It's now past 12 weeks and I haven't heard anything but received any funds.

Minakshi S.
Minakshi S.Sydney, NSW

Very unprofessional money hording company.

I have booked a flight with them and it cost me 1000 Aud. Flight was cancelled from airlines and airlines was unable to pride next flight sooner so I requested Aunt Betty to cancel or book any other with same cost. Firstly they where unable to provide any other alternative and secondly they were charging me twice what I paid for. When u asked them to cancel for my booking as they where unable to provide me services they were asking me 500 Aud for cancellation Very stupid and unprofessional people. Ask for cancellation fee even when they themselves unable to provide services. I will never book again with them. They are pain even after paying money. They should be banned from booking for Australia to save people’s money.

I should get a refund. So I waited 12 weeks, but I didn't give a refund or reply. Worst service. Never use this service. It throw your money . Give me answer!!!

Mak
MakSydney, NSW

It’s the worst and dishonest one ever

They’ve been saying that they will refund my canceled flight ticket fee due to COVID19 over 3 months but still not processed yet. The airline refunded but they said it hasn’t. Full of lie and excuse. Don’t ever use Aunt Betty! Regret!!!