Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 40)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (59) · No (599)
  • Ease of Booking

Do not ever do notttttttt go with AUNT BETTY!!!!!!!!!

Incompetent staffs who are not able to process anything and keep repeating "as per policy.. " "as per policy...". Please stay away from this website, do not ever go near them

After 10 months still no refund

Here I am in January still with no refund from a March trip. In March they said it would take up to 12 weeks - that seemed a long time then. Here I am in January and nothing has progressed. They no longer accept emails, dont answer their phone for hours. Its time for the authorities to do something about this firm.

MDS
MDSNew South Wales

REFUND? WHERE IS MY MONEY!

Cancelled due to covid. Impossible to contact "Our call centre in the Philippines is closed due to covid"! And, is there no alternative?
Give this Flight Centre offshoot a big miss....and Flight Centre too, for that matter. No duty of care whatsoever.

Sid B.
Sid B.South East Queensland, QLD

Scammers

Never ever book through these jokers! There is no customer care whatsoever. During COVID they stopped attending their calls and didn't even have an email address on their website they could attend to. They have morons on customer care who are very rude sitting in some third world country and lie on the phone. They basically stole my money and gave me zero refund.

Jam Aika D.
Jam Aika D.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer experience

It is hard to contact them. Booked with them and they haven’t gave my refund back. They provided me credit shell but will expire this Jan 2021. Couldn’t email or call them.

The greatest ever
The greatest everSydney, NSW

USA scammers operating in Australia

Really a joke. Scammers. Never book a flight with them. Uncontactable! No customer care and misleading services. May be a minus 2! Stay away from them. Will never book with them again

KLA
KLAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gift card what gift card!

Due to covid our flight got cancelled. We were advised later that we had a credit of $4312 we could use up to Dec 2021. I was happy to let it sit until this crisis is sorted. However this month we were advised we could use some or all for gift vouchers. I chose $1000 jb vouchers which were to be emailed on the 17th Dec. Nothing arrived. I rang on the 20th but was on hold for over an hour and didn't get through. Today I rang just after 7am and get an automated response which keeps saying "ring next business day". Can't even email them. What now?

Syed A.
Syed A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't access their website anymore and they dont respond to my emails. They have my money with them

I can't access their website it says access denied Since few months and they used to respond to my emails but they have stopped answering my emails. They are neither refunding nor booking another flight back home I have no contact with them this is ridiculous to stop customers from accessing their site.

Kris
Kris

Avoid Aunt Betty at all cost

Firstly, the flights got cancelled on us this year due to COVID and they will not refund our tickets back at all and gave us approx. $2000 worth of credits as the flights costed that much then. Secondly, because they forced us to use the credit instead we decided to book a flight to Brisbane from Melbourne at 8am, 21st of December. These guys did not SMS nor email us that the flight have change at all to 7am. So now we missed the flight. They will literally screw you over like no tomorrow over and over again. It is ashame that we can't give them a zero star for these scammers.

brigette
brigetteSydney, NSW

They ripped me off my Myers voucher

They offered me a gift voucher through Myer and so I took it as I was desperate for some sort of refund. I never received the voucher $4k gone ripped off. I called them how many times I have lost count and they claimed that they sent me the voucher. I have never received it. I’m going to consumer affairs this is ridiculous

Sabrina T.
Sabrina T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WORST!!!!

When will I get my refund? My booking was for 2 April. I asked for a refund in March. It is now December. When will you give my money back? I don't want your credit. I cannot fly from Australia to anywhere. So, I want my money back.

sjoh
sjoh

never again

Flight cancelled due to covid, gave me voucher that I can't really use until god knows.

Never again I will book through these travel agency, I will just go directly to airline.

Stef
Stef

No action

Cannot seem to get Aunt Betty to follow up my 8k refund which I've been waiting for for 6 months now. Keep getting told they are waiting for the airline, but they seem reluctant to follow up. When I rang the airline direct they said they had not received a refund request from Aunt Betty. When I spoke to Aunt Betty again they said the airline won't have a record because the refund has been requested under a "different process". 6 months and waiting.....no end in sight.

Konstantin A.
Konstantin A.Sydney, NSW

Issued voucher which couldn't be spent

I've got tickets in March and had to cancel them because of COVID. Aunt Betty issued me a voucher few month later as a refund. However when I tried to use this voucher to buy tickets, it didn't work. I had to give them a call where they told me that the voucher is "not ready for activation" and I have to buy tickets in cash this time.

I asked for a refund and they promised me to refund money instead. However a few month later I've got another voucher instead of a refund! Moreover this voucher could be used only before 31 Dec! It was promised that the voucher, however I had to wait 30 minutes on phone to reach the operator to discuss a refund!

Sarah H.
Sarah H.Australian Capital Territory

Incompetent staff who will try to scam you

Pathetic customer Service

My flight got canceled from the airline end and it is Aunt Betty's responsibility to advise us of the cancellation which never happened!. When I found out about the cancellation when I randomly checked my Booking, I called them up asked up next options, they have no clue what to do. They said someone else will call me back in 24 hours, which never happened! I called them 2 days later, the support staff had no clue what to do and asked us to contact the airline directly. The airline cannot assist us because it's booked by a travel agent! Never buy anything from Aunt betty. absolutely pathetic service!

Sam
Sam

Disgusting Customer Service

This company have been the absaloute worst to deal with in my efforts to try and get any information regarding my flight refunds and utilising my credit to rebook my flights.

SCAM! Dont book with BYOjet/Aunt Betty!

Aunt Betty is a scam. Till date we have not receive our refund for ABY2908392 which as told was put in before May. The flight was via Qantas. Never book with BYOjet or Aunt Betty because you will never get your money back. They claimed Qantas is holding it up but it was not true. We cancelled another Qantas flight booked via Mix and Match and the refund was in within a week. Their Manager processed the refund on the spot. There is no way to reach Aunt Betty/BYOjet. Never book through agents, they charge sky high cancellation/rebooking fees, book direct with the airlines.

Horrible company with the worst customer service

Diana
DianaSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever experienced.

Worst customer service ever experienced. The employee refused my request to speak to the manager and hung up on me. I requested a refund as my credit voucher expires in January 2021 but due to COVID international flights will still not be possible. Aunt Betty does not have a clue if they can provide me with a refund.

Riley D.
Riley D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Fraudulent bookings

Accepted payment for flights that were canceled within 24hrs. When questioned over the phone multiple times about re booking or cancellations was told flights were none refundable and dont count for cancellation and no flights to be rebooked for over 3 weeks. When asked how it can be cancelled withing 24hr was told just because we advertise flights and take full payment doesn't mean you will be able to go on your flight.

Shingi S.
Shingi S.Sydney, NSW

Aunt Betty is a joke!

Aunt Betty is an absolutely shocking third-party online travel agent with minimal customer service, horrible attitude and an utterly unprofessional culture of tardiness and nastiness. The airlines has already refunded my tickets, yet Aunt Betty still refuses to pay out the refunds after months of waiting. I'm that sort of person who hates writing reviews. As such, I am feeling obligated to offer anyone who is reading this post a heads up - I have learnt my lesson and upon COVID normal, I will book directly with the airlines.

Lis
LisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Due to coronavirus, my international flight from Australia to Bali was cancelled back in March. Since March I have been attempting to organise a refund. A voucher has been provided which expires in January 2021 but due to the pandemic, international flights will still not be possible. Upon asking for an extension for the voucher due to the circumstances I was advised that aunt Betty wasn’t sure and that I should continue calling back until my voucher expires in January. And if they still don’t have a solution by then, I will lose my flight credit. Staff were very rude on the phone, and I do understand that staff numbers are low, but to be attempting to find a solution for 8 months, this is just horrible service.

rhodes24
rhodes24MELBOURNE

Never book via Aunt Betty again

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waiting for my refund after 6 months of logging it

I booked my flights in January 2020 to travel in June.
Of course with Covid, the flights were cancelled, so I logged i refund in May, they said it was taking them up to 12 weeks to refund the money to costumers, I have called several times, they said they are waiting for the airline.
I am still waiting, Its been 6 months since i apply for the refund. I need my money back now!