Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 30)

• Trip Completed Yes · No (591)
  • Ease of Booking

sjoh

sjoh

never again

Flight cancelled due to covid, gave me voucher that I can't really use until god knows.

Never again I will book through these travel agency, I will just go directly to airline.

Stef

Stef

No action

Cannot seem to get Aunt Betty to follow up my 8k refund which I've been waiting for for 6 months now. Keep getting told they are waiting for the airline, but they seem reluctant to follow up. When I rang the airline direct they said they had not received a refund request from Aunt Betty. When I spoke to Aunt Betty again they said the airline won't have a record because the refund has been requested under a "different process". 6 months and waiting.....no end in sight.

Konstantin A.

Konstantin A.Sydney, NSW

Issued voucher which couldn't be spent

I've got tickets in March and had to cancel them because of COVID. Aunt Betty issued me a voucher few month later as a refund. However when I tried to use this voucher to buy tickets, it didn't work. I had to give them a call where they told me that the voucher is "not ready for activation" and I have to buy tickets in cash this time.

I asked for a refund and they promised me to refund money instead. However a few month later I've got another voucher instead of a refund! Moreover this voucher could be used only before 31 Dec! It was promised that the voucher, however I had to wait 30 minutes on phone to reach the operator to discuss a refund!

Sarah H.

Sarah H.Australian Capital Territory

Incompetent staff who will try to scam you

Pathetic customer Service

My flight got canceled from the airline end and it is Aunt Betty's responsibility to advise us of the cancellation which never happened!. When I found out about the cancellation when I randomly checked my Booking, I called them up asked up next options, they have no clue what to do. They said someone else will call me back in 24 hours, which never happened! I called them 2 days later, the support staff had no clue what to do and asked us to contact the airline directly. The airline cannot assist us because it's booked by a travel agent! Never buy anything from Aunt betty. absolutely pathetic service!

Sam

Sam

Disgusting Customer Service

This company have been the absaloute worst to deal with in my efforts to try and get any information regarding my flight refunds and utilising my credit to rebook my flights.

Booking TypeFlights

SCAM! Dont book with BYOjet/Aunt Betty!

Aunt Betty is a scam. Till date we have not receive our refund for ABY2908392 which as told was put in before May. The flight was via Qantas. Never book with BYOjet or Aunt Betty because you will never get your money back. They claimed Qantas is holding it up but it was not true. We cancelled another Qantas flight booked via Mix and Match and the refund was in within a week. Their Manager processed the refund on the spot. There is no way to reach Aunt Betty/BYOjet. Never book through agents, they charge sky high cancellation/rebooking fees, book direct with the airlines.

Diana

DianaSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever experienced.

Worst customer service ever experienced. The employee refused my request to speak to the manager and hung up on me. I requested a refund as my credit voucher expires in January 2021 but due to COVID international flights will still not be possible. Aunt Betty does not have a clue if they can provide me with a refund.

Shingi S.

Shingi S.Sydney, NSW

Aunt Betty is a joke!

Aunt Betty is an absolutely shocking third-party online travel agent with minimal customer service, horrible attitude and an utterly unprofessional culture of tardiness and nastiness. The airlines has already refunded my tickets, yet Aunt Betty still refuses to pay out the refunds after months of waiting. I'm that sort of person who hates writing reviews. As such, I am feeling obligated to offer anyone who is reading this post a heads up - I have learnt my lesson and upon COVID normal, I will book directly with the airlines.

Lis

LisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Due to coronavirus, my international flight from Australia to Bali was cancelled back in March. Since March I have been attempting to organise a refund. A voucher has been provided which expires in January 2021 but due to the pandemic, international flights will still not be possible. Upon asking for an extension for the voucher due to the circumstances I was advised that aunt Betty wasn’t sure and that I should continue calling back until my voucher expires in January. And if they still don’t have a solution by then, I will lose my flight credit. Staff were very rude on the phone, and I do understand that staff numbers are low, but to be attempting to find a solution for 8 months, this is just horrible service.

rhodes24

rhodes24MELBOURNE

Never book via Aunt Betty again

Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waiting for my refund after 6 months of logging it

I booked my flights in January 2020 to travel in June.
Of course with Covid, the flights were cancelled, so I logged i refund in May, they said it was taking them up to 12 weeks to refund the money to costumers, I have called several times, they said they are waiting for the airline.
I am still waiting, Its been 6 months since i apply for the refund. I need my money back now!

vlad s.

vlad s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service. They think its OK to just hang up on people

Just spoke to [name removed] (if that was her real name) from Aunt Betty. Very very rude and just hung up on me. Worst customer service ever experienced. This was probably my 10th time following up my refund which was for tickets purchased in Feb 2020 and apparently refund was approved in June 2020. 5 months later and no refund and no approximate time frame. Terrible company.

Kon-ming

Kon-mingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund not processed after flights cancellation

Paid for our flights in early February 2020. Flights were cancelled in June 2020. Still waiting for refund. Repeated requests for status of refund were ignored. What is going on?

Precilla

PrecillaSydney, NSW

Requested refund in Jun20, still not received

I requested a refund on 11 June 2020 due to cancelled flight and covid restrictions. Aunt Betty claims to have requested a refund with Qantas on 1 July 2020. I have called back multiple times to follow up on the refund, and today they have advised that since Qantas are receiving a high volume of refunds, Aunt Betty estimates that I will only receive a refund within 6 months. I called the Qantas, and was advised that refunds may take over 12 weeks. Aunt Betty's estimation is double of Qantas'.

Ricky

RickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company to deal with

Holding up cancellation money from last 7-8 months and everytime you contact them comeup with another excuse and asking to one more form with same details which were already provided.

Jon

JonBraddon 2612, ACT

Terrible handling of COVID refund - never book with them

Clare L.

Clare L.Sydney, NSW

I still haven't received my refund after 8 months

I booked flights in December 2019 to London from Sydney. I had to cancel them in March due to COVID-19. 8 months later I still have not recieved my refund. The flights cost $3100. I am waiting for my refund of $3100, I've tried everything. Their call centre isn't even taking calls anymore. Absolutely disgusting service.

James

JamesAustralian Capital Territory

Sick Of The Excuses..? 6 Months On I Am..!

Ada S.

Ada S.Perth, WA

Terrible customer service and not Australia based

If you have questions the only way is to CALL them.
Their call centre definately not in Australia, voice signal quliaty was poor and they might just hang you up