Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (761)
  • Ease of Booking

$1400 in credit and they won’t let me on a plane without trying to charge me more. It’s been a year, won’t use again.

Impossible to rebook without being charged extra money. The company keeps trying to make me pay double or triple the price for flights. I can’t seem to get my money back, it’s been a year with $1400 lost. The hold time is over 2 hours and emails are left unanswered. I’ve never written a review before but this is just outrageous. Beware of this company.

Angela
Angela

Disgraceful service

Trying to book flights using our credit shell from cancellation due to covid. Have been waiting on the phone for 6 hours plus and no answer. Have tried emailing and no response. We are hoping to fly early June but cannot get any response from this company. Disgraceful. Looking into contacting Consumer Affairs .

FairWarning
FairWarningWestern District, VIC

Cannot obtain refund

Was offered a refund (credit) for flights on the condition that I call when booking my next trip. Have been on hold for hours when attempting to call, unable to get through to rebook.

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights
Rebecca
RebeccaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

FRAUD!

I echo many of the reviews. We had flights to Vietnam booked for June 2020 which were cancelled due to Covid. Our flights were placed in a credit shell with Aunt Betty. To date we have spent hours on hold only to reach no one. Sent multiple unanswered emails. Flight Centre staff are unable to provide any insight either. We just want to use what is rightly ours or receive a refund. So disappointing and fraudulent activity.

Prada
PradaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Saga continues

Had flight tickets booked prior to covid, until now no responses to rebook or issue credit. Same issues outlined by others. Holding customers money and not taking responsibilities shows their business ethics. Stay away from any transactions with them.

F. NWU
F. NWUGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been on call for hours and no email replies, no way of contacting them and using my credit.

Tried to call customer service with no avail. Sent emails with no reply from Aunt Betty. Want to use credit from 2020 but due to covid that didn't happen.
Really frustrating. Even tried calling fight center but they said they need Aunty Betty to release the credit!???
Can someone please contact me asap from Aunt Betty?!?!??
Just want to be able to use what is rightly ours.

John B
John BSouthwest, VIC

Cant get in touch

Aunt Betty is not responding to e-mails and I have spent hours on telephone...on hold! I think the credit shell they offered during covid cansellations is a scam! Please respond to this Aunt Betty

Avoid Using Aunt Betty

I booked through Aunt Betty to fly to internationally in April 2020. The flight was cancelled due to Covid and to date I have not received a refund from Aunt Betty, despite their notification of payment to me. They are impossible to deal with and completely unresponsive.

Worst company

They've held our airline tickets for over two years in a credit shell since they won't refund us. No one answers the phone or emails. Multiple hours waiting on hold. I'm considering legal action.

Find out how Aunt Betty compares to other Booking Services

Multiple emails and hours of call on hold but no response for my credit reuse

I wanted to use my credit towards a new booking but its impossible to contact them. I sent 3 emails in a weeks time but didnt receive any response yet. I tried to call them multiple times but after 2-3 hrs of on hold call disconnected. I wish I could give them ZERO rating. Worst experience, will never book any tickets through them ever.

Daniela D.
Daniela D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worst agency( do not book your ticket with them)

This company is an absolute scam. Due to covid, I couldn't travel, so in December last year I was going to rebook the tickets but there weren't flights available. I asked kindly so many times for a refund and since November last year, they haven't provided me with my refund back.

The customer service is the worst, they don't come up with a solution, they said they will send an email proceeding with the issue but I never get emails, just saying " we have just sent you an email" but it's lies. I would have never used this agency and I hope the government or the ACCC shoot this company down because what they are doing is stealing people's money.

lucie
lucieSydney, NSW

Never Ever Again. Be Careful Everyone. Scam

I wish I could rate zero. This is a scam company. Non existent customer service. After 20 hours on phone and talking to 5 agents no options to adjust the booking even though they have canceled one part of the flight from their side. No refund no change. Waste of money.

Find out how Aunt Betty compares to other Booking Services

Absolutely no respect on hold for three hours they picked up and cut the call

This is atrocious customer service do not book. I requested a refund in December and have cancelled the credit card I’ve purchased it on and I need to change the details of the bank account it is to be refunded to.

Do Not Book With AUNT BETTY! - 0/5 service

Josh
JoshSydney, NSW

Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Worst travel agent! Have spent hours on hold waiting to speak to an agent about my credit voucher! Will always book directly with the airline in future to avoid these issues in future.

Mona
MonaSydney, NSW

Terrible service

Never pickup phone wait for more than hrs everyday just to rebook my flight. I email them so many times but never got reply.i dont know where to contact because i have to rebook my flight.

Booking TypeFlights

Really think they should closed down.. Zero star

I booked my ticket last year, and the boarder was closed, flight canceled. They said non refundable, and offer credit. But the price u use credit to rebook the tickets is double of normal price. That's mean ur credit is useless.. They just rip you off!!!!!! Btw, I spend 3hours each time to call them. Can we all complain this company to consumers affairs?? I will definitely try.

DWA
DWAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Aunt Betty is a dodgy travel agent - do not book with Aunt Betty

Helen G
Helen GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aunt Betty ripped me off

Tried to book a flight to the UK to see my Mother - entered my credit card details then the site crashed. I was charged over $2000 but never received any flight confirmation or other correspondence. Was on the phone for over 2 hours to them to no avail. Now trying to dispute the transaction through my bank. Will never use their company again

Max Powers
Max PowersGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perhaps the worst customer service in history..........

Flights booked to Thailand in April 2020 ended up being cancelled by the airline however Aunt Betty would only provide credit. After much time on hold and emails back and forth, they refused to provide a refund because of cancellation. Now i'm trying to rebook with the credit that expires within two weeks and their rules limit the availability of available flights and fare buckets. On hold for hours on end listening to the same song only to be provided with false information by a customer service representative over and over again. These guys are sharks of the highest order and the ACCC should be investigating their underhanded, deceitful and deceptive behaviour. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!

Awful

Still waiting on a refund from 17 weeks ago. Absolutely shocking customer service. Will be contacting Fair Work if it isn’t rectified soon. Have tried contacting via phone, email and online refund checking form. No response- virtually impossible to contact via phone

Loretta
LorettaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Save your money, non existent customer support

Booked a flight for my mother to NZ, there were a few mishaps during check in that took up a lot of time and was told by airline staff to get in contact with the booking agency to organise another flight as my mother was most likely not going to make it in time for boarding. Waited over 2 hours on the phone trying to get ahold of anyone from this joke of an organisation. Ended up having to book & pay for another flight for my mother as she needed to get to NZ in time for a family funeral. Currently on the phone waiting over 2 hours to get a refund, sent an email hoping to get a response which I highly doubt I’d get. I suggest booking directly from airline sites and avoiding aunt Betty at all costs.

Kyla
KylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst travel agency. Do not waste your money here

Booked with them originally in 2019 for a 2020 trip. The trip was canceled due to covid and we could not get a refund. Aunt Betty holds thousands of our dollars as credit and every time we try to use it, they make the experience overly difficult, to the point where it's not possible to use our credit. We've wasted so many hours on hold for this company. I regret ever using Aunt Betty and will definitely never use them again. The whole company should be shut down

Customer C.Aunt BettySend a private message

Hi Kyla, Im sorry it's so hard to reach us right now. Id be happy to help you rebook. Please email assist@auntbetty.com with 000014 in the subject line and Ill get back to you asap. Kind regards, Brad

krafty_x
krafty_xSydney, NSW

If I could give zero stars I would.

I was offered credits I have been unable to use. It states in the email I received that I must call in order to use the credits I was given. I was on hold for time frames in excess of four hours three days in a row. I ended up having to book new flights and pay for them. I also sent three emails to AB through the contact page and have not received a response at all after three weeks waiting. Bad luck certainly comes in Aunt Betty threes. My previous comments have also been deleted. What a rip off. I want my money back OR a sufficient method of using the credits I was offered.

Customer C.Aunt BettySend a private message

Hi Krafty_x Im sorry it's so hard to reach us right now. Id be happy to look into this for you and help you rebook if possible. Please email assist@auntbetty.com with 000014 in the subject line and Ill get back to you asap. Kind regards, Brad

They stole my money when they lied about my flight being refundable!

When I made my booking there was a statement that said my ticket was refundable and when I called up to cancel my booking they said it wasn't - I have a screenshot of them telling me it was refundable!! When I checked their website there is a clause in their terms and conditions that states "80% refund able to be issued prior to 48 hrs before your flight". COMPLETELY ILLEGAL! After quoting them their own policy they stated that they could issue me flight credit instead but were NOT refunding me - a clear demonstration of their guilt. The woman on the phone, [Name Removed], ignored my questions and in the hour and a half I spoke to her, I was offered no assistance.