Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (5) · No (59)
  • Ease of Booking

Danielle B.
Danielle B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of money with zero customer service!

I booked with aunt Betty for my flight from Melbourne to London.
At the time of booking I paid over $150 to reserve my seats (through aunt Betty)
I also paid extra $125 for priority customer care….
To cut a long and painful story short, Qantas had no record of my seat reservations, so I ended up having to pay another reservation fee to book my seats… no problem (I thought) I’ll just call aunt Betty with my super duper priority customer care voucher…… couldn’t get through and absolutely ZERO response to my email. Appalling rip off merchants!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Ease of Booking
Ari A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Please Help

Edit: I have changed my review from 1 star to two as a result of assistance I received once I posted this review. However I shouldn't have had to get to this point to have my problem be resolved.

I booked thru aunt Betty 2 yrs ago. Flight cancelled due to covid. They gave me credit (should have been a refund). The credit expires next month and I have been trying to rebook my flights but have waited on hold for over three hours every day this week . I have called at 7 am and at 4pm and at the middle of the day. But cannot get thru before my phone battery dies. It's seriously making me freak out. I'm almost crying it's so frustrating. And the hold music is next level AWFUL. please help me!!!!! I can't afford to loose $1000 airfare.

Booking TypeFlights
Customer C.Aunt BettySend a private message

Hi Ari A, Im sorry it's so hard to reach us right now. Id be happy to help you rebook. Please email assist@auntbetty.com with 000014 in the subject line and Ill get back to you asap. Kind regards, Brad

John
JohnSouth West, WA

Had email replies but directed to Call Centre … never got through after 7 attempts

Have been notified of credit but got directed to call to book travel. Over 2 hours waiting over 6 calls! Sent emails again but no response as yet please help!
Have supplied detail, everything has gone quiet even though I am trying to book another ticket apart from mine.
FRUSTRATING.

DennyGippsland, VIC

Not getting a ticket even after 20days of paying extra money on top of the Credit and also charged more

I used the credit from 2020 to purchase a ticket for travel in 2022.I had around 4000$ as credit and i had to pay extra 1700$ for the new ticket.While Auntbetty booking site for a fresh ticket for same number of passengers for the same dates and destination is only 5296$..so I had to pay 300$ more without any rationale,even though I was told there will be no extra fees or charges..

I rebooked and paid the money on 8 /2/22, but even after almost a month I havn't received a ticket yet..I have rung customer service thrice,each time they said ticket will be issued in 24-48 hrs but I am still waiting...my booking reference is ABY3251317.

Customer C.Aunt BettySend a private message

Hi Denny, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. I am looking into this for you and will provide an update when I have more information. Kindest regards, Brad

Denny

Thank you,finally I got the ticket on 7/3/22..Thanks for your help Brad..my thoughts if Aunt Betty is too busy,they should atleast contact customers and reassure them things are in progress..thanks anyways

Ivan
IvanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Edit ~ I managed to change my flight thanks to a friendly operator, but the company is practically impossible to reach

The form on their website doesn't work. The facebook page don't answer. I waited almost 2h on the line and nobody answered, twice.

I found an email address that works here and someone answer and fixed my flight, but I wasted a lot of time waiting on the phone.

I need to cancel my Virgin flight, and there is no way to do it. Aunt Betty is basically a scam. Virgin won't help, as they told me to cancel through Aunt Betty. Absolutely avoid

Manoj C.South East Queensland, QLD

Used to be very good!

I am trying to use my credit but am not able to contact Aunt Betty, my credit is from the year 2020.
I have used Aunt Betty many times before and they did good service but clearly, they haven't planned for post covid scenario.

Ok will do.

S K.
S K.Sydney, NSW

Regarding credit flight but Brad helped my after emailing him

It's regarding the rescheduling of my credit ticket. I did contact auntbetty Australia regarding this matter but haven't heard back from you guys and it has been almost two weeks now. I talked to one of your customer care member but he wasn't able to understand what I was trying to explain him so many times. Hopefully, he understood at the end of the day. But after I emailed Brad yesterday i.e. 3rd of Feb he is trying to resolve my problem within 24 hours.

Mary A.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Absolute rubbish service

Katt7484
Katt7484

Impossible to get a hold of.

Wondering whether Aunt Betty has gone into liquidation? I have called and emailed numerous times about using a flight credit and have had no luck with getting through to anyone.. help!!

Customer C.Aunt BettySend a private message

Hi Katt7484, I am sorry you are having trouble reaching us. I would be happy to assist you, please email assist@auntbetty.com with 000014 in the subject line and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Kind Regards, Brad

Find out how Aunt Betty compares to other Booking Services

Initially frustrating to deal with but I’m the end they handled my issue well

I had $1,600 AUD in credit with Aunt Betty and I was trying frantically to re-book my flights so that I can visit elderly parents in the UK. It was very difficult to get someone to answer my calls, or respond to my emails. Eventually however a rep reached out to me on social media to explain the delays and I was able to speak with someone who helped me to rebook. My advice is be patient. Call the 1300 number, don’t use any local numbers, stick your phone on hands-free and be prepared to wait a couple of hours. Someone will eventually pick up, they are just completely over-run at the moment with calls but they will get to you.

Gayle

Please refer to my email. The issue has been resolved. Thank you for reaching out to help. Gayle

Jhpaddo
JhpaddoSydney, NSW

Original service dreadful but upon complaining to management resolved satisfactorily.

San
SanSouthwest, VIC

Still waiting…

Booked over 3.5k of flights. We are eligible for refund due to flight cancellation. Over a year later and we are still waiting. Attempted phone call to help cut out after 30 min hold.

M.A.
M.A.

Travel with Aunt Betty

It hasn't been easy applying for a refund/credit due to Covid-19. Although, after many conversations via email and phone my request has been considered and approved. However, in future I will be using my local travel agent to avoid some of the issues I have encountered re requesting my refund via Aunt Betty.

I would like to thank Dike for his professionalism and prompt work and assistance with my query today.
He was pleasant, polite & patient and provided clear advice.

PS: They stated I'd receive the refund within 12 weeks however going by all the negative feedback I'm reading on this site, I could be waiting well and truly beyond the timeframe.

Booking TypeFlights
Tharaa

Still waiting for a refund for a canceled flight in April 20 - Update - Received Refund finally

Very very poor communication from Aunt betty. I have been patient as I understand that it's a hard time, but it looks like they are taking me for a ride. I booked a flight via Singapore airlines for April 20 and a return for June 20. The flights were canceled by the airline and a refund was provided by the airline, but I have still not got it. when I finally got someone online, they told me it would be processed in 3 weeks and its been over 4 months and still no news. I hate it that they don't communicate, I mean how difficult is it for them to keep us updated. They have lost me as a customer and I will make a Consumer Complaint.

Ron
RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

COVID-19 Refund anyone else waiting !!!!

Booked Flight to Tasmania on the 06/01/2021. The next Day Greater Brisbane was put into lockdown for 3 days and Tasmanian Government declared it as a hotspot!! Lodged the refund form as directed by their site. No confirmation of receiving my claim by them, Tasmania is still not allowing people from greater Brisbane in! The intended flight is to depart tomorrow 15/01/2021 !!!! As of 2:15pm 14/01/2021 still no confirmation from them to say whether they have received my claim!!!! I feel rather distressed about the lack of communication from this Company.

Ease of Booking