Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (76) · No (819)
  • Ease of Booking

Bunch of crooks

Bunch of crooks. Any issues and just consider your money to be gone. Had to cancel a flight, it took hours on the phone before I was told it could take up to 10 business weeks to refund. 10 business weeks later and I receive an email stating the refund has been denied but wait, for a low low fee of an extra 180, I can use that money as credit to book another flight with them.

Scam, thieves, worst customer service

Literally thieves, If you need a refund or your flight credited, just consider your money gone. Because you will not be able to reach them either via email or phone.

Meng
MengSydney

The most horrible experience that I encountered. NEVER use it or you would regret!

The credits from Aunt Betty back to 2020 due to COVID out break was not able to change the route, what a joke? As circumstances changed! Not to mentioned spending hundreds hours trying to call them but nobody pick up the call, and also no reply to e-mail, besides giving me false information to contact the airline by myself but the airline said there was no proper action from Aunt Betty, where the aieline could not acknowledge my credit. What a joke for this dodgy travel agent which is owned by Flight Centre. Readers should skip Flight Centre as well as they are all under same dodgy umbrella!!!

Carl
CarlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience ever!!

Wating for refund from Thai Airways via Aunt Betty for 2 years now. OK, Thai went bust and re-organised but after a year AB said that Thai had approved our refund. But nothing so far. I call them to get updates but nothing new basically. Today I have been put on hold for 1 hr 18 min and counting.......

Dee
DeeQueensland

Worst company ever!!

I have $1500 in credit from covid I’ve been trying to use. But they won’t answer emails or phone calls. This company should be shut down!! I just want to use what I’ve paid for!

Andys
AndysGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute terrible service and rip off

Had to rebook flights due to covid. Orginal price of tickets $4400 ($1100) each. Rebooked and the airlines cancelled the booking 3 times. 4th time however, I had to cancel. I am now asked to pay additional $880 per ticket to rebook. Main reason "difference in tickets". Airlines website states tickets are actually cheaper on the dates I need to rebook. Happy to pay $300 per ticket penalty fees for rebooking, however, they are adamant the airlines charging more despite what's stated on the airlines booking page. How do they justify these charges? I have attached screen prints from the airlines booking system which doesn't show a $580 price increase in 4 days. Never again. Very expensive lesson learnt.

Kate S.
Kate S.Sydney, NSW

Attempting to use Aunt Betty credit

I'm trying to use my Aunt Betty credit but it's not being accepted on web booking. I've tried calling and emailing but not able to contact you. Please contact me.

Grant
GrantMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Aunt betty terrible service and embezzlement of my funds

multiple calls and emails with no responses. I believe they are holding my $1200 and need to be investigated. I have never had such terrible service and something needs to be done.

Trip Completed No
Booking TypeFlights

Would give it zero stars if I could

Ease of Booking

Find out how Aunt Betty compares to other Booking Services

Customer service at its lowest!

Calls: 45min (hung up on);1h;30min;1h45;1h12
Credit from cancelled flights (April 2020)
No credit code given like other companies do. And NOBODY answers! I haven't seen family for 4 years. causing muchanxiety

Trip Completed No
Booking TypeFlights
Newra82
Newra82Mid North Coast, NSW

WORST OF THE WORST.. DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING THROUGH THIS COMPANY

As like l the other reviews had flights booked but then cancelled due to COVID endless hours on hold just to be told they are waiting on the airline to refund it has been almost 2 year's now since this all went down and still no closer to getting an answer or refund, zero communication from them, terrible customer service, they will steal your money and not return they need to be shut down permanent

$1400 in credit and they won’t let me on a plane without trying to charge me more. It’s been a year, won’t use again.

Impossible to rebook without being charged extra money. The company keeps trying to make me pay double or triple the price for flights. I can’t seem to get my money back, it’s been a year with $1400 lost. The hold time is over 2 hours and emails are left unanswered. I’ve never written a review before but this is just outrageous. Beware of this company.

Angela
Angela

Disgraceful service

Trying to book flights using our credit shell from cancellation due to covid. Have been waiting on the phone for 6 hours plus and no answer. Have tried emailing and no response. We are hoping to fly early June but cannot get any response from this company. Disgraceful. Looking into contacting Consumer Affairs .

Ceri F.
Ceri F.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not book with this company!

After many phone calls trying to arrange a credit for a trip that got cancelled due to covid, it has been nothing but issues. Wrong dates booked, customer service is a joke, countless hours trying to get through to them only for them to pass you through to someone else. Once the credit is used we will NEVER use this company again.

Hitesh Ahuja
Hitesh AhujaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's impossible to reach them. Horrible company. Wonder why regulators haven't taken any action against them!

Flights purchased Feb 2020, Over $5000. Travel cancelled due to COVID. "Credit Shell" provided for value of flights .

Could not redeem credit. The airlines not flying to the original destination country anymore. Unable to obtain refund after multiple phone calls of several hours cumulative duration over a 14 business day period.

I can honestly say this is the worst customer service I've ever experienced and will be pursuing legal action if nothing changes.

FairWarning
FairWarningWestern District, VIC

Cannot obtain refund

Was offered a refund (credit) for flights on the condition that I call when booking my next trip. Have been on hold for hours when attempting to call, unable to get through to rebook.

Rebecca
RebeccaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

FRAUD!

I echo many of the reviews. We had flights to Vietnam booked for June 2020 which were cancelled due to Covid. Our flights were placed in a credit shell with Aunt Betty. To date we have spent hours on hold only to reach no one. Sent multiple unanswered emails. Flight Centre staff are unable to provide any insight either. We just want to use what is rightly ours or receive a refund. So disappointing and fraudulent activity.

Prada
PradaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Saga continues

Had flight tickets booked prior to covid, until now no responses to rebook or issue credit. Same issues outlined by others. Holding customers money and not taking responsibilities shows their business ethics. Stay away from any transactions with them.

F. NWU
F. NWUGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been on call for hours and no email replies, no way of contacting them and using my credit.

Tried to call customer service with no avail. Sent emails with no reply from Aunt Betty. Want to use credit from 2020 but due to covid that didn't happen.
Really frustrating. Even tried calling fight center but they said they need Aunty Betty to release the credit!???
Can someone please contact me asap from Aunt Betty?!?!??
Just want to be able to use what is rightly ours.

Danielle B.
Danielle B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of money with zero customer service!

I booked with aunt Betty for my flight from Melbourne to London.
At the time of booking I paid over $150 to reserve my seats (through aunt Betty)
I also paid extra $125 for priority customer care….
To cut a long and painful story short, Qantas had no record of my seat reservations, so I ended up having to pay another reservation fee to book my seats… no problem (I thought) I’ll just call aunt Betty with my super duper priority customer care voucher…… couldn’t get through and absolutely ZERO response to my email. Appalling rip off merchants!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Ease of Booking
John B
John BSouthwest, VIC

Cant get in touch

Aunt Betty is not responding to e-mails and I have spent hours on telephone...on hold! I think the credit shell they offered during covid cansellations is a scam! Please respond to this Aunt Betty

Avoid Using Aunt Betty

I booked through Aunt Betty to fly to internationally in April 2020. The flight was cancelled due to Covid and to date I have not received a refund from Aunt Betty, despite their notification of payment to me. They are impossible to deal with and completely unresponsive.

Worst company

They've held our airline tickets for over two years in a credit shell since they won't refund us. No one answers the phone or emails. Multiple hours waiting on hold. I'm considering legal action.

No refunds for cancelled flights

They refuse to issue refunds for flights that have been cancelled due to COVID. They've conveniently removed their email and other contact info from their website so there is no way to get in touch with them. There's a phone number but after being put on hold for three hours they'll just hang up on you. I would definitely recommend you book your flights elsewhere.

Seyedeh Maryam
Seyedeh MaryamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AVOID AVOID AVOID PLEASE

Absolutely terrible customer service. I wish I could give zero stars. I cannot imagine a travel agent that could possibly be worse than Aunt Betty.
I booked a flight with them pre-covid and the flight was cancelled by Air Canada. They supposed to return my money few months ago and have not done so. I sent them several emails and not received any effective response.