Aunt Betty (page 2 of 9)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes · No (212)
  • Ease of Booking
Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Refund of airfare cancelled due to COVID

Emannuel G.
Emannuel G.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero stress

I had a flight booked but due to COVID pandemic, my flights were cancelled. Aunt Betty sent an email prior to my flight to choose what options I'd like. I have chosen a credit shell and a few days later my money was there. Really, really easy. Zero stress. I had the same issue with another travel agent called Go To Gate, but in this case, Go To Gate were the opposite, 100% stress and waiting for my refund for over 5 months. So, this is the reason that I came here to say: Thank You So Much Aunt Betty.

No need to be stressed

I was meant to fly to England in June but obviously Rona had other ideas.. i requested a credit for my flights. Today I rang Aunt Betty to find out when I could rebook, I expected the worst... expecting to be on hold for 5 hours. Whole conversation lasted 5 minutes, super helpful staff, got a full refund coming! I won't count my chickens just yet as I'm yet to receive the money.. but to anyone who's worried about refunds and using credit, just call and speak to them!

Refund complete.

Booking process was simple and well priced. Refund process was easy. A simple email and online form to fill out. The funds took a while to come through but that was explained in the emails and online form.

Eric S.
Eric S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Resolved issue quickly and professionally

I had received a conditional credit as my booking was with Virgin Australia. I used the credit to book a domestic business class flight, however, upon checking my itinerary, I noticed that my ticket was an economy ticket (at the same cost as business class). Long story short, I was given the opportunity to re-book the flight or have my credit extended to March 2021. Now I don't have to waste my credit on a domestic flight and use my credit next year for an international flight.

Lois
LoisSydney, NSW

Appalling consumer behaviour

Absolutely appalling behaviour. Have lied about the availability of a refund, when Qantas & Singapore Airline cancelled the flights !! Impossible to obtain clear information or heaven help, if you would actually prefer to speak to a real person !
Will never use this company again nor Flight Centre. Hope Graham Turner is enjoying his multi millions of wealth, while clients receive no assistance or more importantly , their refunds !!

Booking TypeFlights

A long tough process but professional customer service representative (Brad)

Gurpreet Singh
Gurpreet SinghVictoria

Money was refunded

My money was fully refunded which took a lot longer than expected but glad I got it back.

I thought it would be not possible but it all got sorted in the end.

Thanks Aunt BETTY

JAMES
JAMESSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wow much better than the last

Spoken with aunt Betty waiting time less than a minute and issue resolved in a very professional manner will get refund in the next 12 weeks from today. Very amazed to the outcome and very happy no further fees and full refund will apply

aunt betty customer care

Roger Wander
Roger WanderGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service at a time of uncertainty

I just spent a long time with an Aunt Betty phone consultant trying to re-arrange my flight bookings to get home (to Australia) from the US, related to our coronavirus fears. I did this via Skype which was the least expensive way to manage the long wait times. Once my consultant was on the phone, I gave him quite a range of various date pairings of how my booking might be altered. With each change of question, the consultant calmly and coherently researched the answer, explained the rationale for the possible solution and its ramifications, etc. He was polite, respectful and clear. I could not have asked for more. Well done to that employee and your organisation.

Need help! Urgent support ABY2408503

Hi there,

I understand how busy things are but we are becoming quite stressed with our flights less than 2 weeks away.
I have tried sending emails and calling but no response.
I don't want to put an angry review up as I understand these times are unique.

Our reservation code is ABY2408503 and. Our final destination is Israel via Jordan. Both countries have blocked tourists from entry.
We would like a refund and email confirming this.
Hope to hear from you soon.

micks85
micks85South East Queensland, QLD

can i get Refund for my flight?

Hi me and my wife have a flight on the 3rd of June to Zagreb Croatia , is it possible to cancel the tickets and get a refund? Aunt Betty Reservation ABY3355548, thank you

Suri S.
Suri S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Change my flight

I have tried email, phone over 2 weeks now, the only reply i got was some kind of email info for covid-19. My flight in 6 days. I know air canada allowed to flight change free of charge. The same with everyone i guess..waiting on the phone for over an hour and finally only got disconnected.So frustrated! I travelling with my young children, with this kind of situation where the world has gone crazy due to covid-19, i don't know what will hit me and my family the next day. And being subsidiary of Flight Centre I thought Aunt Betty will be reliable, it proven me I look might look too high.Can please get back to me. I still have my faith on you. My reservation ABY2853618.

Vidya
VidyaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

received call back, hence changing the rating

SunnySydney, NSW

Unable to contact despite several attempts and on hold for hours

My booking reference is ABY3128505. I am flying day after tomorrow and want to postpone my flight. I am trying to contact from last three days but after on hold for one to two hours phone gets disconnected by itself. I have sent query by online contact form a week back but no reply so far. The travel date is approaching and if I am not able to get it re-scheduled either I am forced to travel as per original booking or don't turn up and loose all the money. This is just because Aunt Betty is not contactable. If the call volume is high then travel agents should take some extra measures as medical industry is doing to cope with the situation. Very much disappointed and will be contacting ACCC.

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

Your flights are still live. If you do not travel tomorrow, or advise us by 3pm Brisbane time today 12 March, that you want these tickets put into a credit shell, your flights will be forfeit.

Aunt Betty uncontactable and uncaring

Booking reference ABY2997745
We booked in December 2019 to travel on 17th March 2020. There was nothing to say our tickets were not refundable. SQ cancelled our 1st leg (Per-Sin) and gave a new flight option that we cannot take up. Aunt Betty has asked for $450 per person to postpone our trip to Japan. We want to cancel but have been told there will be no refunds. We spoke to them over a week ago, and after many attempts, finally managed to get them on the phone again last night, only to be told the bad news. Singapore Airlines have announced no charge cancellations if we rebook to travel by Aug31, but Aunt Betty did not mention this. Unable to reach them again. We're at a loss as to how to proceed. Will be calling the ACCC.

Hi,
Can you please explain the conditions of a credit shell are? If the status of Australia's travel advice changes to do not go, what will happen then? we are happy to change our flights to the latest in August as possible.

Aleks
Aleks

Paid over 2 weeks ago, still waiting for confirmation...

I completely understand the current circumstances. However, I paid for return flights for me and my family over 2 weeks ago. I am not attempting to change flights or get a refund. I just want my e-ticket. That's all.

Hi,
We have sent you a private message to obtain some information so we can locate your booking.

Carrin S.Sydney, NSW

Urgent notification of flight change - can't get through to customer service

UPDATE: I woke up at 6 am this morning to attempt to call Aunt Betty and got through straight away. The lady I spoke with was very helpful and I will be receiving a refund for the flights minus admin charges.

This morning I received and email stating there is an urgent flight change to my itinerary. I have called multiple times and haven't been able to get through to anyone.

I can't accept these changes as the flight change doesn't work for me. Booking number ABY3251596

Carrin S.

My booking is for the 24th of this month. I have filled out the form already. How else can I get in contact with customer service???

JoyMelbourne

No response to online requests - please advise *UPDATED 10/03

Hello
Are you wanting to cancel your ticket? IF so please advise and we will cancel your booking and put the ticket in for a refund.
Kind Rgds

Customer E.Aunt Betty

I will continue in the private message. Rgds

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

My requests got successfully resolved

I had to contact customer service with 2 different requests. As many others mentioned below, waiting on the phone line is hopeless, no answers for hours. I started with a negative feedback, however both of my issues promtly got resolved by the team since (requests I submitted via forms on the website) including a typing mistake I made during booking. Hence, I'm updating my review, and thanking to the person who helped with my booking.

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor experience

Ian

Thanks so much for the reply. That’s vey helpful but as mentioned in my review I have already booked a new fare. Is it worth cancelling the existing booking or just be a ‘no show’?

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

We will cancel it out of the airline system, not much point clogging it up.
Thanks.

Can you please pick up the call.....

I have tried to get through to someone as I have not received a confirmation of my booking and e-ticket. I made 4 calls over the past two days but no one is picking up. I am flying in less than a week. The money has been processed through. I have also sent through an email. Can someone please urgently get back to me to tell me!!! If they do not get back to me today I will cancel the transaction with my bank.

Hi,
We have just sent you a private message to obtain your booking reference so we can assist,

Anna Z.
Anna Z.

Still waiting for a response. Thank you.

Steven Clay
Steven ClayNortheast, VIC

Can not get a response from them

I paid the 9 dollar price drop fee, sent an email with all the details 4 weeks ago of a cheaper price and have still not heard from them. A week ago, I asked when to expect my tickets, still no response.

Hi Steven,
We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking reference to obtain more details and action.

Joseph joseph
Joseph josephSydney, NSW

Canceling the booking

Spoke to Keith, who was very helpful, unfortunately couldn’t cancel the booking, the refund was only the airport tax, but that wasn’t the travel agency company’s fault, I will use this company again.