Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (103) · No (861)
  • Ease of Booking

Impossible to get a hold of.

Wondering whether Aunt Betty has gone into liquidation? I have called and emailed numerous times about using a flight credit and have had no luck with getting through to anyone.. help!!

Manpreet S.
Manpreet S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Impossible to reach the customer care

Booked a flight and seems like it is impossible to reach their customer care. Will put you on hold and say number not in service after a 20 minute wait. How are these companies even operating in Australia?

Zoe M.South East Queensland, QLD

DESPICABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE- don’t even brother with this company

Hi Brad,
I have sent an email after following the above instructions. I’d appreciate any help and support you can give. As you can imagine I’m at a loss and don’t know what else I can do. Thanks kindly, Zoe M

rom n.Perth, WA

Never ever going to rebook through aunt betty again.

Book return flights from Perth to UK in 2019. Couldn't travel like everybody else because of the covid. after continually calling to reach customers care; was given a credit in June 2020 with clause " need to use within 2 years from the date of this travel issuance voucher". Now Since the border are reopening and wanting to book through the credit; was told the credit is already expired as it had been 2 years already. Tried few times to explain that according to the email about the credit given; it expires in June 2022. The customer service representative hangs up all the time. Has any one complained to consumers commissions about Aunt betty? I m doing it. The customers service ( asian accent; could be from Philippines) are even worst.

Hi Brad
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like at least someone with a common-sense from Aunt betty willing to listen . I will email you soon with every details I have got and hopefully, it can be resolved. will update the outcome here.

Find out how Aunt Betty compares to other Booking Services

Initially frustrating to deal with but I’m the end they handled my issue well

I had $1,600 AUD in credit with Aunt Betty and I was trying frantically to re-book my flights so that I can visit elderly parents in the UK. It was very difficult to get someone to answer my calls, or respond to my emails. Eventually however a rep reached out to me on social media to explain the delays and I was able to speak with someone who helped me to rebook. My advice is be patient. Call the 1300 number, don’t use any local numbers, stick your phone on hands-free and be prepared to wait a couple of hours. Someone will eventually pick up, they are just completely over-run at the moment with calls but they will get to you.

Gayle

Please refer to my email. The issue has been resolved. Thank you for reaching out to help. Gayle

TahnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely terrible

When trying to contact AuntBetty, spent 1.5 hours on hold before speaking to someone 3 times.
Encountered covid related concerns, finally able to speak to an AuntBetty representative who informed us there was no cancellation with refund option and the only option to change dates would cost us an extra $230 per person (our original tickets cost less). Then, they refused to commit to giving a phone call back to indicate the outcome of requesting a refund from the airline.
Called the airline directly and they immediately moved the dates with no extra cost to the exact ones I'd enquired about with AuntBetty that they stated would cost extra $230pp.

Priscila M.
Priscila M.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely disappointing NO REFUNDS, NO FLIGHTS

After I was denied REFUND for a cancelled flight for the purchased ticket during COVID, I was given Credit which I CANNOT USE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE FLIGHTS.
After 1h wait time on the phone to speak to Gilbert, he said “there are no flights available”, you cannot use your credit.
Ps: he Hung up on me! - no resolution, no options, no nothing!
They just took my money and there is no responsibility.

They forced me to contact Fair trade for a resolution! This is ridiculous!

Chetan
ChetanDarwin, NT

Worst

Flight itinerary and actual flight day different, want to change but no one picks up the phone and no response to general enquiries as well and had problem while check in as well.

Jhpaddo
JhpaddoSydney, NSW

Original service dreadful but upon complaining to management resolved satisfactorily.

Dodgy, don’t ever use

Booked flights to Bali in 2020, cancelled due to Covid, received credit shell, can’t contact them to see if still usable and re book
No email address, don’t answer the phone, filled in contact form but don’t get back to you.
How is it that this company can get away with this sort of thing?
Any ideas as to what to do next?

Terrible service!!!

Bought a plane ticket travelling to melbourne from perth via adelaide total of 6 hrs travel but moved it instead to travel via darwin totalling 16 hrs. I refused and asked for a refund but no replies, tried calling their number numerous times even on hold for 30 mins yet they claimed i was a "no-show", now my bank is trying to get my money back from this dodgy seller. Stay out of their website, tell your friends and everyone you know!

Ease of Booking
maddog
maddogSydney, NSW

Changed my flight last minute no issues

Was a cheap flight offer so was a bit suspicious however I managed to change my flight last minute without issues by calling them and being held on the line for max 30 minutes. Pretty reliable for third party service.

Penstar
PenstarFar North Queensland, QLD

Don't put yourself through it

Terrible customer service, unable to contact after numerous attempts and hours on-hold.
Unable to access credit. Airline says money is with Aunt Betty, Aunt Betty says money is with the airline.
Feel the frustration of the thousands in the same position with this scamming company.

Sharon
SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Please avoid this travel agent by any chance

Trip Completed No