Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (41) · No (212)
  • Ease of Booking

Refund came pretty quick.

Pollyanna
PollyannaSydney, NSW

Great pricing and happy with customer service

We found an excellent Business Class fare to London on Aunt Betty. As Covid struck we suspected we might lose all or at least some of what we paid but have just been fully refunded, minus a small admin fee. Yes we had to wait a long time but given the extraordinarily difficult times these companies are going through you really can't complain about that. Out of the numerous travel related companies we had to negotiate with over our six week planned and subsequently cancelled out trip, Aunt Betty was easily one of the better ones - they kept us informed, set realistic expectations as to when the refund would be made and have come good. We would definitely use them again.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid refund processed

Flights cancelled just as countries began locking down. It took 14 weeks, but our refund has now been processed. Comms got better over time and AB followed through with refund.

Refund Completed

Hi,

Over 12 weeks ago and after a few calls, I received an email from Aunt Betty saying that my refund was going to be processed but I had to wait 12 weeks, I thought this was just to shut my mouth, because this is the only information we all get.

Finally after 12 weeks waiting for my refund, this came thru, for those who are still waiting on this, don't give up, hopefully Aunt Betty will start refunding customers.

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refund processed with no issues

My flight from Melbourne to Europe got cancelled in June due to covid. I requested a refund and have received it in full with no issues. It took about 12 weeks as stated but came through as promised.

Susan
SusanVictoria

Cancellation/Refund

I phoned & requested a refund on my airfares on 26/4/20 as they had put me onto a different flight without my prior agreement, plus i didn’t really want to travel because of covid-19, they said they would refund the full cost ($3666) less $100 per ticket (that’s 3 tickets so -$300) i agreed, i expected $3366 but today i found they actually refunded the FULL amount ($3666) & didn’t take the $100 per ticket deduction. It’s taken a ridiculously long time but i’m super glad it’s over & i’ve got the money back!

Wonderful service!

Aunty Betty kept us up to date through the trying COVID times. No additional fees and our money back in full! Messages and emails were sent promptly. Phone delays were not long.

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Refund of airfare cancelled due to COVID

Emannuel G.
Emannuel G.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero stress

I had a flight booked but due to COVID pandemic, my flights were cancelled. Aunt Betty sent an email prior to my flight to choose what options I'd like. I have chosen a credit shell and a few days later my money was there. Really, really easy. Zero stress. I had the same issue with another travel agent called Go To Gate, but in this case, Go To Gate were the opposite, 100% stress and waiting for my refund for over 5 months. So, this is the reason that I came here to say: Thank You So Much Aunt Betty.

No need to be stressed

I was meant to fly to England in June but obviously Rona had other ideas.. i requested a credit for my flights. Today I rang Aunt Betty to find out when I could rebook, I expected the worst... expecting to be on hold for 5 hours. Whole conversation lasted 5 minutes, super helpful staff, got a full refund coming! I won't count my chickens just yet as I'm yet to receive the money.. but to anyone who's worried about refunds and using credit, just call and speak to them!

Refund complete.

Booking process was simple and well priced. Refund process was easy. A simple email and online form to fill out. The funds took a while to come through but that was explained in the emails and online form.

Eric S.
Eric S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Resolved issue quickly and professionally

I had received a conditional credit as my booking was with Virgin Australia. I used the credit to book a domestic business class flight, however, upon checking my itinerary, I noticed that my ticket was an economy ticket (at the same cost as business class). Long story short, I was given the opportunity to re-book the flight or have my credit extended to March 2021. Now I don't have to waste my credit on a domestic flight and use my credit next year for an international flight.

Zak
ZakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I got my refund.

Thank you Aunt Betty, I got my money refunded.
I know people are frustrated with AB but bear in mind that flight cancellation became a world wide major problem. It took 3 months for the money to be refunded but it was refunded at the end.

Not bad

Costumer service was available quickly, there was a bit of a language barrier with the representatieve so didn’t 100% understand everything she said but nice and answered most of my questions.

Trip Completed No
Booking TypeFlights

A long tough process but professional customer service representative (Brad)

herr. m.
herr. m.South East Queensland, QLD

I bought tickets to Belarus through them in April 2019, they had the best price!

While in Belarus, there was an urgent need to postpone the return date of departure, I called them 4 hours before departure, I was sure that they would refuse, and they only transferred my departure for just $ 200! I am surprised at so many negative reviews, it’s a pity that my review will not help you, but for me you are a super company, I'm sorry that I was going to write about this for so long. Thank.

Ease of Booking
Gurpreet Singh
Gurpreet SinghVictoria

Money was refunded

My money was fully refunded which took a lot longer than expected but glad I got it back.

I thought it would be not possible but it all got sorted in the end.

Thanks Aunt BETTY

Got what i wanted

I got a good response in less time. Got Crisp and precise information. The Resolution time was very less then expected. Good conversation. This was a call to get a refund and was given the refund without any questions asked.

JAMES
JAMESSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wow much better than the last

Spoken with aunt Betty waiting time less than a minute and issue resolved in a very professional manner will get refund in the next 12 weeks from today. Very amazed to the outcome and very happy no further fees and full refund will apply

Maddy G.
Maddy G.Southwest, VIC

Really good customer service

I thought that booking through a cheap website like aunt betty would cause lots of issues, as I've heard. However, due to COVID-19 I have not been able to travel and they have been really great to deal with. Whilst the phone takes a very long time to get through, the person on the other end was very helpful and friendly and I felt obliged to say thank you considering all that is going on they are still being very helpful and understanding.
Thanks again

Maria
MariaWestern Australia

Don’t reserve seats!

I traveled from Australia to Germany and wanted to make sure I have window seats. Paid about 150$ and ended up with middle seats. After emailing them still no response.

Tony N.
Tony N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Reliable

All my bookings have always taken place without any problems.
Received Ticket Shell credit as promised due to Covis 19
Cannot fault their service, competitive pricing and extras as promised . e.g baggage allowance

Review collected in partnership with Aunt Betty

Roger Wander
Roger WanderGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service at a time of uncertainty

I just spent a long time with an Aunt Betty phone consultant trying to re-arrange my flight bookings to get home (to Australia) from the US, related to our coronavirus fears. I did this via Skype which was the least expensive way to manage the long wait times. Once my consultant was on the phone, I gave him quite a range of various date pairings of how my booking might be altered. With each change of question, the consultant calmly and coherently researched the answer, explained the rationale for the possible solution and its ramifications, etc. He was polite, respectful and clear. I could not have asked for more. Well done to that employee and your organisation.

DMc
DMcSouth East Queensland, QLD

In difficult circumstances they did respond to our situation

My wife and daughter booked (25th Jan) to go to Singapore on the 12th March, but tried to cancel several weeks before the flight departed including at the beginning of March only to be told to contact them 3 days prior to departure. In the last 3 days my wife before her flight (12th March) she spent considerable time trying to contact Aunt Betty during the COVID-19 pandemic. Eventually (understandably delayed with the COVID-19 issues) our issues were resolved and we were happy with the outcome. Thanks Aunt Betty.

Need help! Urgent support ABY2408503

Hi there,

I understand how busy things are but we are becoming quite stressed with our flights less than 2 weeks away.
I have tried sending emails and calling but no response.
I don't want to put an angry review up as I understand these times are unique.

Our reservation code is ABY2408503 and. Our final destination is Israel via Jordan. Both countries have blocked tourists from entry.
We would like a refund and email confirming this.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Ease of Booking