3AusClimate Cool Seasons

AusClimate Cool Seasons Questions & Answers

Dee
Dee · Cool Seasons

I’m asking for advice, looking at purchasing one of these appliances, however unsure of right type, I live in Sydney, approx 1 hour south west, semi rural area, it gets very cold in winter, but hot summer, haven’t had moisture issues, not even condensation on windows, however since this years floods we have had mould on our lounge in one room, after cleaning it away, we can still smell mould in that room, but can’t see any anywhere, any advice to help me choose the right appliance would be greatly appreciated

Les D.
Les D.

I think that theausclimate cool-seasons premium 10L desiccant dehumidifier would be ideal.

Halley R.
Halley R. · Cool Seasons 10L (AU1000DD)

Can you switch back and forth between using the drainage hose and using the water collection tank? The instructions ask you to punch out a piece on the back the dehumidifier in order to install the hose, and I want to know if this permanently alters the function of the dehumidifier.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Halley No, it won't permanently alter the function of the dehumidifier.
Even after you have popped out the piece in the back, the water will still flow into the bucket. Once you attach the gravity fed drainage hose then the water will drain out through the hose.
Hope this helps.
If you have any problems please contact customerservice@ausclimate.com.au
Regards
Allan
Ausclimate

Larry
Larry · Cool Seasons Premium 10L (AU1910DD)

Just purchased the 10L Ausclimate (AU1910DD). Working well except when on low mode overnight it starts to make a whistle like noise - quite high pitched that wakes us up? What causes this and how do we fix this issue? Thanks

AusClimate   DM

Hello Larry, thank you for sending through your question. This sounds like a question that might need to be discussed with one of our Ausclimate team. I have the same model Cool Seasons dehumidifier and haven't noticed this issue before. However I might be using my model a little differently to you, as I run mine at higher drying speeds until the humidity completely dries the area - 1-2 weekly for some rooms and most days for bathrooms after showers, for shorter periods. I tried to replicate the sound you mentioned and I'm not hearing that whistling sound you mention. Are you okay to contact our team on 1800 122 100 and ask to talk with one of the team (probably Pete or Scott). Don't worry, I'm sure we will sort this out to your satisfaction. Regards Russell of Ausclimate.

M. Barrand
M. Barrand

We have recently purchased the Cool Seasons Premium 10L dessiccant dehumidifier and also have this high pitched whistle, mainly for a couple of minutes when switched off but sometimes at other times too. Would appreciate knowing if this is usual. Regards Mary Barrand

AusClimate   DM

Hello Mary, when operating on low fan speed or when shutting down a low-pitched sound is quite normal and can vary a little however when the fan speed increases it is not audible. If you are still concerned, please call our team on 1800 122 100. I'm sure we will sort this out to your satisfaction. Regards Russell of Ausclimate.

Tim Fletcher
Tim Fletcher

We also have this issue. It's a high pitched tone/noise that occurs all the time on the low setting and occasionally comes and goes on Auto (even at higher fan levels). Another reviewer suggested that it's turbulence inside the unit. It's audible enough that at best it's a nuisance, and at worse, intolerable. It's a real shame though, as otherwise it's a great little unit that draws out lots of water.

KS
KS · Cool Seasons

Purchased this only yesterday for the bedroom. I noticed it's a bit loud like a churning noise is that normal?

Can the l.e.d lights be turned off?

There is beep noises on a button push. Also if the timer is set, it'll give a loud beep before turning off. Can the button noises be turned off?

The unit while performs great seems to lack night time friendliness.

Darryl B.
Darryl B.

Overnight run it on Dry Low, mine is very quiet, the LED lights don't bother me, haven't used the timer as I just run it all the time and just empty it when full and run it again. Cheers

Stephani A.
Stephani A. · Cool Seasons

Can it be used as air purifier as well?

Cheers
Stephanie

clinton
clinton

I'd contact Allan direct on allan@ausclimate.com.au Wealth of knowledge. The product does come with a filter however depends on what you need exactly?

Simon N.
Simon N. · Cool Seasons

Is it only work for winter season only? Thnks

Charlie
Charlie

We anticipate using during winter as the primary issue we are having is lack of ventilation as it is a well sealed house. The lack of ventilation is causing the high humidity levels due to ducted gas heating. During warmer months we would have windows open for ventilation.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Simon You can use this model in winter and summer.
Its just that the compressor type dehumidifiers perform better is warmer indoor temperatures such as 20 degrees and above. Generally desiccant dehumidifiers outperform compressor type ones in cooler climates.
I have copied a link to our website on compessor v desiccant type dehumidifiers, this may help you understand what best suits your needs, external link
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to call Ausclimate.
Regards
Allan
Ausclimate

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives

Select a listing for your question
AusClimate Cool Seasons