17Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
sharon · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

HI there we just brought this unit and am newbies to dehumidifiers but would like to get this to turn on in the night but am unsure if it has a delay function (doesnt seem to) am wondering if anyone has used a timer with it and got it to work.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Sharon, Yes you certainly can connect this unit to a timer which will allow you to have the unit turn on and off as required.
If you have any further questions please give our Customer Service team a call on 03-93655100.

sharon

Oh thank you for that we shall give it a go once we have de watered our house LOL

Mel P.
Mel P. · Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

My dehumidifier stopped working the last day of warranty, how do I reach ausclimate by phone?

Saifuddin Kamran
Saifuddin Kamran

I got this from the internet
To contact Ausclimate by phone in Sydney, Australia, you can reach them at 1800 122 100

AusClimate   DM

Hi Mel, you can call our Customer Service line on 03 9068 5526.

Elaine P. · NWT Medium+ 25L WDH-1920EA

Purchased this model yesterday but unsure of best setting for the room 40% 50% 60% etc. I purchased a digital Humidity and Temp meter and my room reads 16. deg and 67% humidity this is at 9am in the morning. Just want to make sure I am using it to its capabilities

Tony Murace
Tony Murace

Hi Elaine, I can't help you as I do not like this machine as it doesn't work anything like our previous more expensive machine as said in my review. The unit never turns off even after changing desired temp settings, and only way I can get it to work is on a timer which is not acceptable at all where our previous unit, a completely different make and much more expensive, did turn off when wanting achieve different humidity levels.

Thankyou Tony,

AusClimate   DM

Hi Elaine, call our customer service on 1800 122 100, we can help you with the settings on your dehumidifier to achieve the best results.

Jacqueline D.
Jacqueline D. · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

hello I have purchsed this product for my son a year ago and it has been great so I did the same for my mother. Her one is only releasing cold air? My son went over to set it up for her and he agrees its not working as it should or like his product. Could there be a fault?

inner city living
inner city living

Hi ring them they are fantastic , they will dive your problem over the phone

AusClimate   DM

Hi Jacqueline, this may be a different model to your purchase. Please phone us on 1800 122 100 or email customerservice@ausclimate.com.au and we can help you.

Rooks · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi, I bought the ausclimate 20l in June 2022. The humidity level was at about 70% which was about the same as the humidity on my clock but recently when I switch the dehumidifier on, the humidity level drops immediately to about 30% although the humidity on my clock still shows as 70%. I am not sure if the humidity setting on the dehumidifier is faulty? Will appreciate any help on this thanks

AusClimate   DM

Hi Rooks. We suggest unplugging the machine and moving it to a different room to see if the clock and the unit give an equal humidity reading. If the unit is still reading at 30% then it may be faulty and we would love to organize a replacement for you.

Thanks.

Rooks

Hi Thanks for your response. I have tried moving to another room but the humidity keeps reading at 30% or low but my clock humidity still reads at between 60% and 70%. I have even purchased another humidity meter which also reads at about 60% to 70%.

kat
kat · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

I purchased the Delonghi 2 in 1 Dehumidifier and Purifier room size 30sqm so from 6am running it for about 5hrs the reservoir tank was full i was impressed but now i find it won't keep working i get EI error code when it gets to 49% my Weather station tells me (outside temp 32.3c 52% Inside temp 34.4c 54%). I need the humidity to drop below 50% to make house more liveable.

HN told me that they won't run past 30c is this the same for Ausclimate Dehumidifier please help as i need to know, why sell products to only work in temperatures to max of 30c? I would like honest answers please regarding these dehumidifiers. I have 7 days to take back Delonghi for refund.

Since using Delonghi the Humidity inside my house has dropped as normally my home reaches humidity 70% -- today's humidity it was at 67% so it's dropped 16%
Which is great but would really like it to sit at around 40% would be nice as even at 50% it's still hot makes you tired sweat still runs of you.
I don't have aircon as I'm in rental.

Julian Falzon
Julian Falzon

Hello Kat.
Yes, the Ausclimate unit I purchased also has the same setting functionality (it cannot be adjusted to drop below 30% humidity)
I assume that it is not entierly possible to removd all levels of humidity, weather it be a safety precaution or just the units themselves are not capable due to their power output.

On a very humid day of 70% or above the liwest I can hope to fet the room is about 36 - 40%
Ive never been able to get the room to about 30 or lower.
More than likley due to humidity in the surriounding area is much higher and constantly leaking into the room you are trying to dry.

So long story short, Yes. My Ausclimate machine does this also.
Although I don't know what the E1 error code is you mentioned. I have never seen that error myself. Might need to do some further research on that one.

Could be a filter issue?
Might need a clean or re-adjustment.
Might be the unit itsrlf is overheating and needs a break if running too long. Or could just be too full of collected water and powering down like mine does.

Hope this helps,
Sincerity,
Julian

Denis S.
Denis S. · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

How does it increase the electricity bill

ANZ

You'd have to do a calculation of wattage by your electricity tariff (c/kwh). Here's a good calculator. The wattage for this dehumidifier is 265. https://reductionrevolution.com.au/blogs/calculator/electricity-cost

Ebony G.
Ebony G. · NWT Medium+ 25L WDH-1920EA

How many sq/m is this dehumidifier suited for?

Toners777
Toners777

Up to 38m2 (or 95m3). Minimum room size 4m2. Ausclimate have all of this info on their website: https://www.ausclimate.com.au/products/wdh-1920ea-nwt-medium-25l-dehumidifier

Lynda
Lynda · NWT Medium+ 25L WDH-1920EA

Is the AusClimate 35lt dehumidifier good for summer & winter in Victoria coastal area?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Lynda The Medium+ 25L dehumidifier is a compressor type model. These can be used in all seasons however they perform better in room temperatures above 20 degrees. Generally the most popular model for Victoria's cooler climate is our Ausclimate Cool Seasons Premium 10L desiccant dehumidifier. Whilst the water removal capacity appears less than the compressor type dehumidifiers, it will actually out perform them in cooler temperatures.
I have copied a couple of links that can further explain external link
and external link
If you require additional information please don't hesiate to call us on 1800 122100

billyboybliss
billyboybliss

We followed AusClimate advice and have resolved our humidity and mould problems in our apartment. The initial purge over the first week pulled buckets of water out of the air in all the rooms so now the 25L machine easily handles the maintenance phase. A hygrometer comes in handy which guides when to switch the dehumidifier on (usually at above 60%). The 25L is a great machine which we run when needed for a few hours in each room with the door closed. No more water running down the window frames and no more mould.

Alika
Alika · NWT Medium+ 25L WDH-1920EA

Is it good for a medium size bathroom?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Alika This model is suitable for bathrooms over 4sqm so in your case it should be fine.
If you would like any further information please don;t hesitate to contact Ausclimate.

Simon L. · Supreme All Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

i bought a 50 litre ausclimate dehumidifier ,when i set it to say 60%humidity it turns of somewhere around that humidity ,it wont turn back on to hold humidity ,i thought it had a 5%leeway ,this dosen not turn back on unless i am doing something wrong .

AusClimate   DM

Hi Simon You are correct, the humidity setting has a 5% leeway either side.
If you set your humidistat to 60%RH, the dehumidifier will continue to operate until the humidity is reduced to 55% (unless water bucket fills up first).
The dehumidifier will not start up again until the humidity reaches 65% i.e. 5% above your setting.
Rest assured, if you are experiencing any trouble with your unit, please don’t hesitate to call 1800 122100 or email customerservice@ausclimate.com.au.

Simon L.

I have it running now on 40%to see if bucket fills up,the garage is 30 square metres that tent is in , do U think the dehumidifier would do the whole garage it is not sealed up 100%and I have 2 Worley birds on roof ,it says it can do 110square metres ,I have 30 squares with 5 square metre tent do U think this would work? Thanks Simon

AusClimate   DM

Hi Simon Thank you for calling us.
It is much easier to troubleshoot over the phone.
As mentioned there are a lot of variances when using a dehumidifier in your situation.
Having a continuous source of water within your garage and air leakage through the roller door and whirley birds make the task that much harder for the dehumidifier.
However, rest assured, if there is a problem we will get it resolved as soon as possible.
Our dehumidifier expert, John is looking forward to hearing how your tests go.

Simon L.

thank u very much allan ,u are very professional that is why u have a successful company ,i will get on to john after i do a few tests thanku 5 stars

Cathy
Cathy · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Is this quiet? Many so ‘no’- despite the ‘yeses’

Candice
Candice

I certainly wouldn't call it noisy but it does make a noise

Rogare · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

My Ausclimate WDH-716DE dehumidifier makes a surging, rather jerky, throbbing sound when operating, rather than a continuous smooth sound. Is this normal?

Robin C.
Robin C.

Mine doesn't do that and I run for hours

AusClimate   DM

Hi Rogare What you have described certainly sounds unusual.
Can you please email us your details, including phone number and one of our friendly experts will call you to resolve your problem?
Please email: customerservice@ausclimate.com.au

Thank you, Allan B.
I will email my details to you at the customer service address you have given.

Greg R
Greg R · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I purchased this product in March 2022 and in an 18m2 room humidity levels were being decreased from 75% down to around 40%. Has never got into the 30-39% range.
Now, it can run for 6-8 hours when the humidity is around 60% and only reduces to about 47%.
Is this normal for all users? I'm starting to feel that the unit is not functioning correctly.
(ps: I keep filter clean
- also as an oil heater is on the room temperature is around 20 degrees)

AusClimate   DM

Hi Greg You have raised a good question.
There are so many variances that affect the dehumidifier’s performance and how low it can reduce the humidity.
Such things are, humidity, room size, room temperature, moisture content, how often a door is opened, how many people in the room and air leakage, just to name a few.
What you have describe could be quite normal, you will notice just by raising the room temperature by a few degrees will reduce the RH% even further.
Greg, you are more than welcome to call us on 1800 122 100 so we can explain in detail on how your dehumidifier should be performing.
Rest assured, if there is a fault, we will look after you.

Martin D.
Martin D. · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Runes but doesn't extract any water

ANZ

Hmm. I'd definitively give the company a call - they have excellent customer service. If they can't speak to you right away they will get back to you. I have four of these models, probably a year old. Sometimes they run for a bit without any noticeable water collection but over several days it will fill up. Depends on the air humidity.

AusClimate   DM

So sorry Martin (and thanks to ANZ for comments too). This definitely sounds odd, particularly with the recent rains and high humidity. Martin, can you call me on 0422 008 777 - Russell of Ausclimate

Mphillips
Mphillips · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi guys,

I purchased the Ausclimate NWT medium+ 25L dehumidifier at Harvey Norman on Thursday.

I’ve used it a few times and it’s working great but needed to ask a question regarding operating it and I couldn’t find the answer in the fact sheet.

When I plugged in the device today and turned on the power, the machine didn’t start straight away and only started really slowly you could just hear it if you went close to it and the fan was only slightly running, I turned it off and on but it still did the same thing, then after about a minute it kicked in and worked normally. I noticed the same issue the other day when I accidentally turned it off and then turned it back on again but it wouldn’t start straight away and did the same thing. It didn’t have the defrost light on either time as I thought it might be defrosting.

The machine was used last night and was full and then emptied and sat all day before it being started again this evening but it didn’t start straight away. Not sure if it makes a difference and just thought I would mention, but it was plugged into a power board the first time and extension cord today.
Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Mphillips Sorry about my late reply. Do you mind giving us a call?
We can troubleshoot this over the phone however if there is something wrong, rest assured we will get this resolved ASAP.
Please call 1800 122100 or email: customerservice@ausclimate.com.au

Matt · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Does this product emit a smell when running. I had an ionmax dehumidifier and it smelt bad.
Also can the internals be cleaned my previous one built up mould on the evaporator?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Matt No, this model doesn't emit a smell like the Ionmax.
The Ionmax uses a desiccant material that can absorb or emit odours whereas the Medium 20L is a compressor type dehumidifier.
The only maintenance required is to keep the air filter clean. A very easy task which is done by simply taking off the filter to be either washed or vacuumed.
If used in environments with a lot of airborne pollutants, then you may need to take it to an appliances repairer every year or two to for an internal clean however this is not that common.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at customerservice@ausclimate.com.au

James P · Supreme All Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

Hi there,
We love our machine but around 3 months ago it began leaking from one side. We thought it was a leak in our house in one corner, but realise now, the machine is leaking water onto the floor. We have it in a tub to catch the water as we can't see why. It seems to be dripping down the left side so when you empty the machine, the machine shell (ie when tub is out) is wet on the bottom left. The right is dry. We thought it may be a seal?? Any ideas? Also please note this problem actually occurred within our 2 year warranty period but given we thought it was a house leak with all this rain, we didn't contact you. Now we realise it's the machine, we also realise we're out of warranty by one month. Is there anything you can do to help? May thanks.

AusClimate   DM

Hi James Sorry about my late reply, we have been under enormous pressure due to the heavy rain and flooding in NSW & QLD.
Are you able to send an email to customerservice@ausclimate.com.au with your details, outlining the problem and if possible please include the serial number?
Even thou your unit is out of manufacturer’s warranty; you can be assured we will look after you one way or another.

Thanks Allan, will do

RKW
RKW · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

Hi there, I bought this product last year and started to use it recently (especially in this stormy weather). However, we just realized that it does not auto shut off when the water tank is full (and we have to clean up the mess...)!
Do we have to set this feature "auto shut off" manually or it is already set up by default? Thanks.

AusClimate   DM

Hi RKW Yes, the water bucket should automatically shut off when full.
It appears there may be a problem. Can you call our office on 1800 122100.
Rest assured, we will get this resolved for you ASAP.

Lisa
Lisa · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HE

Trying to find out how noisy the unit is, and if it's possible to extend the drainage pipe 8m to the drain

AusClimate   DM

Hi Lisa The Compact 12L noise level is 37dBA.
If you are to use any drainage hose that is longer than 1m you may need to place the dehumidifier higher off the floor to ensure the gravity fed drainage works ok. What happens, if the hose is quite long, it can create back pressure which may force the water to drain into the dehumidifier's water bucket. Then once the bucket fills up, it will automatically turn off the unit.
Hope I have explained this well.
If unsure please don't hesitate to call Ausclimate on 1800 122100.
Allan

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Visit Official Website