17Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Greg R
Greg R · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I note from the specifications that the optimum temperature range is 20C-32C. Can you advise how your unit has performed in the Australian winter ? Also for those who have posted older than 2022 reviews, is your unit still working at its best ? Any need or reason for servicing ? Thanks

AusClimate   DM

Hi Greg Compressor type dehumidifiers, like the Medium 20L, always perform better in warmer conditions. Whilst its fine to operate in cooler temperatures, its optimum performance range is between 20c – 30c.
Once the indoor temp drops below 20c, the dehumidifier will intermittently go into defrost mode. This is perfectly normal however while it’s in defrost mode, it’s not actually dehumidifying.
How long and how often it goes into defrost mode depends on how cold it gets and how much moisture is in the air. What this means is, the cooler it gets, the less efficient the dehumidifier becomes.
I’ve copied a link that explains this in more detail, with a graph showing its efficiency in different temperatures.
external link
With regard to servicing, it’s minimal and very easy. You only have to clean the air filter once every couple of weeks or so however this does depend on the environment it is used in.
If you are still a little unsure, please call us direct on 1800 122 100

Ebby O.
Ebby O. · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Will this model work well in a 3 bedroom house alongside our evaporative cooling? Is 20L enough? I don't want to get one that's too big and nullify my cooling.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Ebby The Medium 20L is a popular model that’s suitable for many 3-bedroom homes however there is a few variables to consider.
Two important ones are room size and how much moisture removal is required.
However, the most important point is to make sure the dehumidifier is powerful enough to do the job.
Our models are used in many homes that use evaporative air conditioners and these certainly help lower the humidity.
Problem is that these type of air conditioners are designed for hot dry climates so when they are used on humid days they produce an enormous amount of moisture therefore the dehumidifier need to remove much more than normal.
Unless your home has small rooms, you may need to consider something larger like the NWT Large 35L.
In saying that, I would recommend giving us a call on 1800 122100 to discuss what your best options may be.

Ricko · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I plan to use this in my garage whilst I do a cycle workout. Sydney summer humidity is just toooo much.
I read because of the heat output from the unit, it is best placed near a doorway. Given that I don't want to heat up the garage anymore than it is, how well will this unit work if I place it in the doorway that leads to the humid outside world? Will a dehumidifier work for my situation and requirements?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Ricko Unfortunately, all dehumidifiers produce a certain amount of heat.
Generally, most people want to use these to solve moisture related problems like mould, condensation etc and in these situations you only need to run it every few days or so.
However, this may not work in your case as you will need to run the dehumidifier long enough to reduce the humidity to a comfortable level which could be around 50%RH.
Regarding the door, it would have to be closed, same as windows to have any effect.
If you would like to discuss in more detail what your options may be please give us a call on 1800 122100

Ricko

Thanks for the response Allan. I may still consider a dehumidifier to 'suck the garage dry' for a couple of hours before my ride and then just use a fan during the ride. :)

Kathleen · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Which Dehumidifier would suit a one bedroom granny flat in the Southern Highlands?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kathleen The Southern Highlands can get pretty cold, especially in winter therefore you may want to consider the Ausclimate Cool Seasons Premium 10L desiccant dehumidifier (AU-1910DD). This model isn't affected by cool temperatures where as the compressor type models like the NWT Medium 20L is.
I've copied a link that further explains this; external link
Otherwise, if you're still unsure please call Ausclimate direct on 1800 122 100, we can aswer any further questions you may have.

Kathleen

Thanks so much for your much appreciated reply,Allan. I’ll certainly take your advice. I’m 83 and am constantly amazed at how much help is given online these days.
Kind regards,

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kathleen Thank you for your kind feedback.
Remember; we're always available if you would like to chat over the phone if you have any questions.

Kathleen

I’d like to purchase the one you’ve recommended please Allan. I understand you have a special September offer and free delivery.Would you give me the final cost please.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kathleen No problem at all, we can definately look after you with our special birthday offer.
Scott from our sales team will contact you today (Wednesday).

Thanks Allan,
Scott contacted me & I bought the dehumidifier you suggested today. I’m looking forward to getting it sometime next week
Kind regards

AusClimate   DM

That's great to hear Kathleen. And remember, if you require any assistance please don't hesitate to call either our office or Scott direct.

Phil A
Phil A

Hi is the 716DE the same unit as the 716DE-20R and where can I purchase

AusClimate   DM

Hi Phil Yes, they are the same.

James M
James M · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I just purchased the NWT medium 20L from Harvey Norman, after only a couple of hours it's already lowering the humidity in the room but is there supposed to be a fairly loud humming noise while it's running?

Anne Canberra ACT
Anne Canberra ACT

Hi James,
We have the Ausclimate Cool Seasons 10 liter Dessicant dehumidifier. The noise is noticeable, but not disturbing in any way. thanks Anne Canberra

AusClimate   DM

Hi James These types of dehumidifiers have two componants that make noise, one is the fan that draws the damp air and the other is the compressor. Compressors do make a humming noise, this is normal however the noise level can vary depending on how powerful it is.
If you have any concerns, no matter how small or want further clarification please call Ausclimate direct on 1800 122 100

Maint'
Maint' · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Hi, great product but the water container/bucket is cracked. Can I buy a replacement one. I'm located in north Brisbane

AusClimate   DM

Hi Maint, please give me a call and of course I'll get you another one. Regards Russell of Ausclimate 0422 008 777

Wendy W.
Wendy W. · Large 35L WDH-930DA

How do I clean the filter

Wendy W.
Wendy W. · Large 35L WDH-930DA

How Do l clean the filter

Harry
Harry

It's very easy to clean. The filter snaps in and out at the front of the unit like a cassette. To clean it you can put the filter under some soft running water or use a soft-bristled brush to gently remove the dust residue.

Leanne B.
Leanne B. · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi
I have the NWT 20L and it is the best thing I have ever purchased. For years I had to scrub ceilings in every bedroom, which was a terrible chore. My son moved the unit and touched the controls and water isn’t draining. Could you please advise the setting I should have on my unit for it to work again. Thank you

AusClimate   DM

Hi Leanne You will need to turn the humidistat down lower than the current room humidity by at least 5% so the dehumidifier can start drawing water from the air.
For 'deep down' drying I suggest setting it to 30% RH.
You can also find the user manual and operating tips on our Ausclimate website.
If you are still unsure please call us direct on 1800 122100

Eeran
Eeran · Supreme All-Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

How is it for Melbourne weather? Is there any temperature range (for example: at room temperature 8-20 degree Celsius) it operates greatly?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Eeran Even though this model can dehumidify effectively in cooler temperatures, its optimum operating range is still in room temps above 20°C.
As the room temperature drops then so does the dehumidifier’s efficiency.
Choosing between a compressor type model like this one or a desiccant model will depend on when you want to use it the most i.e only in winter or all year round.
I would recommend checking out our article ‘Compressor or Desiccant; which one do I need?’ on our websites dehumidifier FAQs as this will give you a much better understanding.
In saying that, you are welcome to call us direct on 1800 122100 to answer any questions you have.

Taryn H.
Taryn H. · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Hello,
Is is possible to buy the water container for this unit WDH-610HA-12R? It has been brilliant but I dropped the container when emptying it.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Taryn Yes, you can get all replacement parts direct from Ausclimate.
Please give our office a call on 1800 122 100.

Jane c
Jane c · Compact 12L

I love the size of this compact one. My room is about 30sqm. If I ordered this one would it still okay? Thank you

AusClimate   DM

Hi Jane The most important thing to consider when purchasing a dehumidifier is to ensure it is powerful enough to do the job it's intended for.
This model is recommended for rooms up to 20sqm however it is still possible it may do the job in a larger room.
Regardless of the above comments, you will notice a huge difference in your room using this model but the question remains, will it be powerful enough to stop moisture related problems like mould, musty odours etc?
If you would like to call us on 1800 122 100 we would be more than happy to offer advice.

Dave
Dave · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I'm trying to decide between compressor and desiccant. Both seem to have different advantages for me.

While a desiccant would be useful in winter, it seems a compressor might supplement summer refrigerative air conditioning, and reduce the need for aircon and therefore lower overall electricity consumption, which is a concern for me. (I don't mind it being hot as long as the RH is low.) Would that be a reasonable assumption, or am I chasing diminishing returns?

I see in the manual that the minimum RH setting is 30% on the compressor unit. Does it unit have to run on HIGH to get there, or will it eventually get there on LOW? What sort of litres/day might it produce once the RH is reduced to say 40%? The chart on the comparison guide left that rather unclear.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Dave There are a few things to consider when choosing the right model. One is, do you want to stop a moisture related problems like mould, musty smells, dampness etc or controlling humidity for a comfort level.
Regarding your second point, there are other things to consider such as room temperature, extent of humidity or moisture related problem, size of room and even air leakage can be important.
Sorry, I don't mean to make it sound over complicated as most often using a dehumidifier can be straight forward.
We even supply operating tips within the user manual.
Dave, if possible can you please call us direct on 1800 122100.
On most occassions its easier to explain over the phone on what may be the best solution for your needs.

Pieter
Pieter · Supreme All-Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

This unit looks like it ticks all the boxes! Can a humidity level be set? That is, can it be set to switch off when the humidity in the room comes down to say 50% then back on if it rises above that?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Pieter Yes, the humidistat can be set at a particular level such as 50%RH.
So the dehumidifier doesn’t continually turn on and off at 50%, it has a 5% leeway i.e. it will continue to operate until the humidity is reduced to 45%, then the unit will turn off.
When the humidity rises to 55% the unit will start up again.
In saying that, most people who purchase our products want to stop moisture related problems like mould, musty smells, dampness.
If this is the case for you, instead of maintaining your home at a set humidity level, there may be a better way of using a dehumidifier.
It can be much more effective and efficient to use it as a dryer i.e. run it for say 8 hours every few days or so to keep everything nice and dry.
If you would like further explanation on this, please don’t hesitate to call us on 1800 122100

ANGELA
ANGELA · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi there, I have a 17 month old baby which has a runny nose at all times and perspiring a lot. I wonder if I should buy dehumidifier or an air purifier.
Could you please advise

AusClimate   DM

Hi Angela Potentially either model could help.
Dehumidifiers can stop mould or reduce dust-mites which as very common allergens.
Whilst our Winix air purifiers are excellent at removing a wide range of airborne nasties such as allergens, dust, smoke and much more.
If you haven't as yet, I would suggest consulting your GP to see whether it is something airborne that is causing these symptoms.

Kat
Kat · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Does this humidifier also remove mould spores? I had significant mould in the s-bend and vent under my kitchen sink. Drain cleaned but spores now in the home.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kar Unfortunately no however when used as dryer it can stop mould problems.
I recommend cleaning/treating/removing the mould problem first, then by using the dehumidifier as a dryer every few days or so it will stop the moisture from building up so the mould cannot return.
Keep in mind if you have a drainage problem then that should be addressed too.
If you would like further explaination please don't hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100

David K.
David K. · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

what does the humidity setting pertain to?

AusClimate   DM

Hi David, the dehumidifier's humidity setting allows you to set the desired humidity, for the room that you are drying. The Ausclimate Operating Tips are very helpful getting started with drying your rooms (access via the Ausclimate website - also included with the instruction manual that comes with the dehumidifier). As example, for deep-down thorough drying we suggest setting the desire humidity level as low as possible @ 30% humidity.
If you require extra personal assistance our customer service team will be pleased to help - 1800 122 100.

Kat
Kat · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Will this humidifier also get rid of mould spores?

maxineallsopp56
maxineallsopp56 · Large 35L WDH-930DA

The time has stopped working in my WDH-930DA dehumidifer. Is this a simple fix.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Maxine We can look into this for you.
Please call us direct at Ausclimate on 1800 12210

Phillip B.
Phillip B. · Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Can this Ausclimate unit be connected to an out side water waste or do i have to keep emptying the water tan k every few hours?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Phillip Besides using the water bucket there is also the continuous drainage option.
All you need is a 12 - 13mm hose that connects directly to the back of the unit that will drain the water away.
Please refer to the user manual for further instructions otherwise you can call us direct on 1800 122100
Ausclimate

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Visit Official Website