17Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Antonio P.
Antonio P. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Can this unit do a 2 bedroom and single lounge unit or will I need 2?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Antonio The Medium can 'deep' dry rooms upto 30 sqm (average height ceilings).
Whilst it can also cover multiple small rooms it does work better in indivdual rooms with window and doors closed.
Hope this helps.

nikki
nikki · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Hi will this help with moisture in whole house AND bathroom specific ally.
I'd like to purchase today if yes
I've looked online all morning ...I think this may be the one?,

Gemma
Gemma

Works best in a single room according to maker - however with doors open in our 2 bedroom apartment, it is keeping the humidity reasonable in all rooms.

Anita
Anita · Supreme All Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

What is the hourly power consumption of the supreme all seasons 50litre dehumidifier please

Steve H.
Steve H. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

What is product like on power usage. Say cost per 12 hour run time per day
Thanks, Steve

Matt S.
Matt S.

Did you find an answer for this question anywhere else ?

Sue Cowie
Sue Cowie · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Does a dehumidifier purify the air & filter our pollutants

AusClimate   DM

Hi Sue Dehumidifiers can purify the air to a degree however the filters are not anywhere near as effective as air purifiers. The dehumidifier filter will remove large pollutants such as dust, fluff, pet hair etc and depending on which model some have an anti-bacterial filters.
Whist the filters can help clean the air their main purpose is to protect the dehumidifier itself.
Any further question please don't hesitate to contact Ausclimate direct on 1800 122100

Karen
Karen · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Can you add a hose and drain the water well directly in to a sink?

Penny A.
Penny A. · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

I just got my Ausclimate dehumidifier all season 35 litres. my place is full of mould n walls are leaking with water. i have been running this guy for 3 full days nonstop. it is okay to run continuiosly for weeks or should i let it run for a day 24 hrs n stop few hours to rest. i also realise that it doesnt goes lower than 48 even i set the humidity level to 30, which is what i was advise. thank you

Scout48
Scout48

I ran it for days and days when I first got it, no problems. Once you have sucked up all the moisture you'll only need to run it every few months for a few hours

AusClimate   DM

Hi Penny We recommend reading over the Operating Tips that is inserted inside the user manual.
This is a really a handy guide to getting the best results from your dehumidifier.
With regard to setting the dehumidifiers humidistat to 30%, this is not so much as a target. What this ensures is that the dehumidifier is running continuously to achieve 'deep down' drying.
Whatever the dehumidifiers' humidity levels go down to depends on quite a few factors such as room size, extent of moisture levels and room temperature.
If you are unsure or want any advice please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are more than happy to help out.

Runamuk · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I’ve been running mine for 2 weeks now & reservoir Has only got 30mm of water in it. The air from top of machine is cool ,I believe it’s supposed to be warm.Is this normal. Cheers.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Runamuk It's likely you haven't set your humidistat low enough. For the dehumidifier to start collecting water the humidistat has to be set at least 5% lower than the rooms humidity. After setting the humidistat at a low setting the compressor will start, this is when you will notice the warm air coming out the top vents.
I recommend checking out our 'Operating Tips' in the manual. This is an easy guide to getting the best out of your dehumidifier. Otherwise if you're still unsure please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1800 122100.

Cheers,I’ll reajust

David K.
David K.

if you guys would put this vital bit of information in the setting up your unit setting it would take out the guess work of us mere novices?

AusClimate   DM

Hi David, we agree with your suggestion to help prepare newcomers for most effective dehumidifier drying. Whilst we have the Operating Tips built into the instruction manual, we are also preparing some You Tube sessions to help cover this issue and other general information topics that are most likely to assist 'novices'. We also encourage a chat with our team to ensure all goes well. Yes, it's all about achieving best results! Regards - the Ausclimate Team.

Sean D.
Sean D. · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

Does it have an auto feature to set desired hummidity? Once it is reached does it turn itself off or down?
thanks

AusClimate   DM

Hi Sean Yes, the NWT Large 35L has a humidistat that you can pre-set at a desired setting.
For example if you set the humidistat at 55%RH the dehumidifier will continue to extract moisture from the air until it reaches 5% below your setting (50%RH). The dehumidifier will again restart extracting moisture when the humidity in the room rises to 5% above your setting (60%). The 5% leeway is designed so the dehumidifier isn't continually stop/starting.
Keep in mind it is only the compressor that stops once it reaches the desired setting, the fan will always continue to operate. This ensures the dehumidifier humidity sensors reads the rooms humidity levels more acurately.
Any further questions please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 122100

Deena E.
Deena E. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

How noisy is this machine? Can you sleep when on?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Deena The NWT Medium noise level is rated at 39 dBA.
I would consider this similar to a typical fan on medium, possibly high.
In saying that, the majority of our customers purchase these as a solution to moisture related problems such as mould, dampness, musty odours etc. If this is the case then you wouldn't need to run your dehumidifier while sleeping. Generally to solve these problems you may only need to turn it one once every few days or so during the day time to keep everything within the room dry.
Deena, you are more than welcome to call us direct for further explaination on 1800 122100

Karen Richards
Karen Richards

I have slept with it on but I don't mind the motor noise. You don't need to sleep with it on as it functions very well throughout the day. I would move it to another room when you are sleeping if you had a lot of moisture to eradicate from your home. I highly recommend the machine though. Good luck

Hopeless13
Hopeless13 · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

What are the running costs?

AusClimate   DM

Hi, these medium dehumidifiers are 355watts, which means the typical running costs are approx 8-9cents/hour. Whist these running costs are very energy efficient, note that these units is not normally operated 24/7. Have a look at our Ausclimate Operating Tips on our website for best drying methods - regards Russell of Ausclimate

Walter W
Walter W · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Hi where can I buy a drain cover (water plug/cap) for this model of dehumidifier(WDH-610HA)?

Many thanks Walter

Hi Walter You can call us direct on 1800 122100 or email info@ausclimate.com.au
As the official distributor, we carry a range of spare parts such as the drain plug and screw on cap.

Robyn
Robyn · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Can I get a new circuit board for this machine

AusClimate   DM

Hi Robyn, yes we should be able to help you out with a new circuit board. Just to be sure of exact model, part number etc can you please call our office on 1800 122100 and ask for Allan.

Mark
Mark · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

I have a Delonghi Dehumidifier that has stopped working after a few years. I want another that I can set and forget, that will turn on if Humidity rises.
The boat is a 44 foot yacht.
I noticed a couple of people have said theirs had stopped? I would like to get more than 2 years out of. Your suggestion?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Mark The Ausclimate NWT Compact has proven to be very popular within the marine industry.
We also offer some great operating tips that should extend the life of your dehumidifier. It's not so much as running it 24/7 to control the humidity level in your yacht, it's more do with keeping everything dry to stop moisture related problems such as mould.
Depending on the time of the year when you most need the dehumidifier we also have another model you may want to consider, the Ausclimate Cool Seasons 7L desiccant dehumidifier. This model is more suited for the colder climates.
If you would like to give us a call on 1800 122100 I can offer further advice on what model would suit your needs the most.

Mark
Mark · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

The boat is a 44 foot yacht.

Lina
Lina · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Can I get this in New Zealand? If yes, where?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Lina Unfortunately our range of dehumidifiers are not available in NZ retail stores.
However you can still purchase direct from us in Australia.
To discuss further please call me on 1800 122 100

Helen
Helen · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Do the dehumidifiers have a hose attachment to release the water or do you always have to empty it manually? If the container collecting the water is full does the machine automatically turn off?

Helen

Kira
Kira

Hi Helen,

There is a continuous drainage hose option which allows you to bypass the dehumidifier’s water tank, so you don't have to physically remove the water tank. The hose doesn't come with it and it's recommended you use the water tank.

There is a float device that is trigger when the tank gets full and shuts the machine off.

Check the FAQs on the website, they have some really good tips.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Helen Great response by Kira.

Just in case you still need to use a drainage hose, the size is 12 - 13mm and very easy to connect.

If you would like any further advice please don't hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100

Allan Bryan

Wilma
Wilma · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi we just moved into a new place and wondering what sort of dehumidifier I should get. I bought the 12L dehumidifier a few months back and took it to Manila (it does work, am happy with it only its quite noisy).

My questions:

1) what size should I get for an enclosed storage measuring 3 x 4 meters, this is were all the dampness is coming from

2) as we go away often, will it be wise to buy the 35L, supreme all or the Ionmax?

If you have the time, kindly call us on [number removed]

Wilma

AusClimate   DM

Hi Wilma To select the right model dehumidifier there are a few things to consider besides the room size such as the extent of the moisture problem and room temperature.

Generally we recommend choosing a dehumidifier that has the moisture removal capacity (or recommended room size) to dry the largest moisture affected room.

Also there are two types of dehumidifiers to consider; compressor and desiccant.

Compressor dehumidifiers like the Medium 20L are the most common and are suited for use in all seasons however they do perform most efficiently when room temperatures are above 20°c.

Desiccant type dehumidifiers such as our Cool Seasons range can also be used all year round however they are best suited for the cooler temperatures in winter i.e. room temperatures below 20°c.

Unfortunaley Wilma you phone number was removed by Product Review so I cannot call you back.

However you can call me on 1800 122100 which can also be found on our Ausclimate website.

Love to chat over the phone as it would be much easier to explain in more detail what your best options may be.

Kind Regards

yankeedoodle2
yankeedoodle2 · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

What is the power consumption per hour?

AusClimate   DM

Hi The NWT Large 35L is rated at 520w.

The cost per hour can vary depending on where you live. As example, I live in NSW and our peak electricity rate is just over 28 cents per hour therefore to operated the Large 35L on high equates to approx. 14.5 cents per hour.

When compared to other products that can dehumidify such as a split system air conditioners, it is extremely economical considering they average around 3000 to 5000 watts.

Generally most people purchase a dehumidifier to stop moisture related problems like mould, condensation etc and if this is the case for you then to do this it will only cost around $40 - $50 a year to keep an average home dry and mould free.

We also supply 'operating tips' a handy guide to get the best from your dehumidifier.

If you would like more details please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 122100

Kind regards

Allan Bryan

Andrew
Andrew · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

Is it possible to get a longer hose with this model?

Batista
Batista

Hi Andrew.

I think you can get an extra (longer) hose from good guy. Hope that help.

Hi Andrew Yes you can.

You can purchase an alternative connector and hose direct from Ausclimate.

Please give us a call on 1800 122100 to discuss your individual needs.

Ausclimate

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Visit Official Website