17Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Dave
Dave · Supreme All Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

are there any dehumidifiers which have a permanent drain?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Dave, Most of Ausclimate's dehumidifiers have the option of emptying collected water via water tank or alternatively drain hose. Using the drain hose can be handy if you are away from the house and want the home dried over extended periods of time. In the case of the Ausclimate Supreme All Season 50L, it has 2 drain hose options.

One drain hose allows the water to drain downward away from the machine to floor outlet, shower, etc (1 metre drain hose provided). Another hose option is the 'pump' drain hose (5 metre drain hose provided), which pumps the water upward to other more convenient outlets.

And yes, you can use the drain hose as a permanent option - no more emptying the water tank !!

Susu · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Hi. We live right on the beach. Upstairs ok but downstairs lots of moisture from sea breeze etc. Have tried the crystal absorbers but they cant cope. We have temperate climate so this happens in high and low temperature periods. There are two master bedrooms and a smaller store room that are affected. Obviously for the 2 bedrooms we need a very quiet machine and one that does not rely on being plugged into a power source (if possible). What would be best solution for us? Thanks, Sue

AusClimate   DM

Hi Sue To control or solve any home moisture related problems, using a dehumidifier is without doubt one of the most effective and efficient means of doing the job.

One important point to consider when purchasing a dehumidifier is to make sure it's powerful enough to do the job i.e. capable of not just removing moisture from the air but powerful enough to dry the rooms sufficiently.

Once you have thoroughly dried the rooms, it's then quite easy to keep them dry. To do this it may be as simple as turning on your dehumidifier once a week or so to stop the moisture from building up again.

If this sounds like your situation then you won't have to run your dehumidifier in your bedroom at night either so noise will not be an issue.

If you would like one of our friendly experts to explain in more detail on what would be the right solution for you then please dont hesitate to call Ausclimate on 1800 122100.

P.S. unfortunaltely all these types of dehumidifiers require power.

King Regards

Allan Bryan

Ausclimate

DaveH
DaveH

Hi Sue,

The Ausclimate compact dehumidifier is very suitable for our small 42' yacht. But I think you would need a bigger one or maybe two units for the area you are talking about. They necessarily use electricity but achieve great results.

Cheers,

Dave

Susu

Thanks Allan and Dave for your responses. I will contact Allan to discuss our requirements further.

Irena · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

Which is a better model for the Gold Coast beach front unit, the 35L WDH 930 DA or the 35L WDH 930 EDH?

sarah
sarah

it is better to call the Ausclimate directly to ask them. They will recommend you the right model.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Irena, thanks for your enquiry. As a local of South-Esat Queensland, I've been asked this same question several times. Both dehumidifiers are great 'compressor' models, designed to remove good quantities of moisture from larger rooms.

The main difference between these models is the heater option, which is available with the 35L WDH-930EDH, commonly referred to the All Season 35L dehumidifier.

This ceramic heater is very energy efficient and is designed to help the dehumidifier work more efficiently in cooler temperatures (and make the room warm & cozy too!).

This model is great for our southern States such as NSW and Victoria, as well as some inland areas of Queensland.

But, for our warmer temperate climate along the east coast of Queensland (particularly beach front units), I generally recommend the 35L WDH-930DA, which we commonly call the Large 35L. It is designed for all-year round use and thrives in our warmer humid climate. This is the same dehumidifier I use in my own home. Cheers Russell of Ausclimate

Irena

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Batista
Batista

Hi, Irena

I do recommend the 35L WDH-930DA for using in your state.

Cheers

B

Jen · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi, I'm currently in a rental property where we have horrendous 'crying windows' but reluctant to buy a dehumidifier as we're moving into a brand new home in November. Question is - those of you with new homes (with built in heating and cooling systems) do you still use your dehumidifier or has it become redundant?

Andrew M

They are VERY useful devices. Ie: you could hang you clothes in the laundry on a rack and dry them with a dehumidifier in almost the same time and half the cost of a clothes dryer. The added benefit is the water is collected rather than spread into the air ( creating crying windows).

Gas ( un-flued ) heaters also produce h20 as part of the combustion process ( more crying windows).

Bare in mind that heating air only increases its capacity to hold water, when the air cools it condensates or drops water (crying windows) depending on dew point yahda yahda ....i could bore you to death.

At the end of the day they are very efficient and effective at REMOVING moisture from the air.

With the controls they have they will only operate if required, so kind of set and forget.

Mia v.d.s
Mia v.d.s

I live in a new house with reverse cycle air con, but would not be without the dehumidifier. I live in Queensland on the sunshine coast, so it gets hot, lots of coastal showers etc. I used to get mould after heavy rain- terrible job to clean up all the time. Now I use the dehumidifier every 8 or so weeks (depending on how much rain) I do not get mould and I am shocked at the amount of water I get out of the dehumidifier bucket. Love it, so glad I purchased it- great for drying clothes too.

Mia Van Der Stam

AusClimate   DM

Hi Jen, Good questions. Its quite likely you will still need a good quality dehumidifier to keep your new home dry (clothes too!).

It seems you live in a climate with chilly winters, hence the 'crying windows'.

The Ausclimate Medium 20L compressor dehumidifier is a fantastic all-year round machine.

But, for these cold winter months you might wish to consider an Ausclimate Cool Season 10L desiccant.

It is also a good all rounder, but particularly so for these colder months - right down to 1C.

My family also love the 'laundry' mode with directional louvre so that you can send the warm dry air straight towards the problem areas, including wet clothes.

You are welcome to call me direct to discuss your options.

Cheers Russell 0422008777

Jen

Thanks all, I purchased the 20L ausclimate yesterday can't wait for it to arrive!

Humid Harry · NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

Has anyone experienced loud vibration from the unit; not the 'purring' of the motor, a vibration noise from the casing. I am told this is 'typical' of this high capacity model?

AusClimate   DM

Hello Harry When using the more powerful compressor models in the Ausclimate range, you will likely notice some increased noise levels. The noise levels will include typical motor operating sounds, as well as some vibration noise coming from the compressor. This is normal - like other compressor appliances such as fridges, freezers and air conditioners. Also, this vibration noise may vary from model to model, as well as the age & use of the appliance. Again, this is normal. The dehumidifier’s compressor is fixed to rubber mountings at the base of the unit to help minimise this vibration noise.

Generally, the sound of the dehumidifier is not noticed by customers because the drying usually takes place in other areas of the home where the customer is not present e.g. during day is best time for drying the bedroom.

Noise levels for each model are described as decibels on the Ausclimate web-site, but remember the Ausclimate Team are here to help with further guidance and advice.

Allan from Ausclimate, phone 1800 122 100

spoofy
spoofy

Also try taking the castor wheels off, though still loud it helped tons with the vibrations here.

Humid Harry

Thanks for your reply 'spoofy'. The vibration I experienced was, I believe because of the casing vibrating not the compressor, it wasn't there when I first had the machine and it was over and above the sound of the compressor. All I had to do was apply slight pressure with my finger to the the side of the casing where the two parts join, et voila, gone. Yes, I could still hear the compressor as expected but once I took the slight pressure off the seam (on the right hand side) the casing began to vibrate noisily again. I tried taping it, blue tack, resting it on thick composite pads from Bunnings and even leaning a chair against the unit; the weight of the chair against the casing worked, but really! So I am convinced it was the casing itself not the generator. So the thing is so loud I have to take the wheels off?. As I said, the first few days all was well, then it wasn't. I returned the unit once; Russell apparently tested it and all was fine, back it came; absolutely no difference. So I returned it and was given a refund. The product in my opinion was defective perhaps I just received a bad one. If Russell DID unpack the unit and ran it for while and heard nothing but the generator doing its thing and if the loud vibration I experienced is part and parcel of owning this brand and model of dehumidifier, then count me out. If I can cancel out the excessive noise by simply applying a little pressure with my finger to the seam of the casing; that vibration is not coming from the generator. The casing is vibrating due to poor fitment. As a side note: I find interesting that there has been no response to my post for 10 months, yet two days after I enquire at a Northern Rivers retailer who stocks the newer model 'bingo', 'spooky' surfaces! Thanks for the heads up on the wheels Spoofy"

From a VERY Humid Harry, is this rain ever going to stop?!

Mari
Mari · Supreme All Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

We are living next to the sea .Therefore the humidity is very high.We like to open the doors ,let the seabreeze in ....Would the dehumidifier still works circumstances like these ? Regards

Kelly
Kelly

Hi mari I would think so. Rooms would need to be shut off individually initially though to draw out current moisture first. I really only run mine in open area now for a day or two per month. I did every room separately first and was surprised by the amount of water. We live in QLD next to a rainforest so humidity also high here. I've not fad any mould on anything since and it's been 18 months.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Mari It is possible to have the best of both worlds.

Firstly, we recommended to keep your doors closed while operating the dehumidifier otherwise it would continuously draw moisture from outside.

However, if you were planning to use a dehumidifier to stop moisture related problems such as mould, musty odours or general dampness then you dont need to operate your dehumidifier every day. Using it once a week or so could be enough to stop these problems therefore no worries leaving your doors open to let the seabreeze in.

You can also visit our website for our operating tips: external link . This is a handy guide on how to get the best use from your dehumidifier.

To further explain please don't hesitate to call me or one of our friendly team members at Ausclimate on 1800 122100

Allan

sleepy
sleepy · Supreme All Seasons 50L WDH-070EBP

how much the 50L

Dan L
Dan L

I'm not sure, but Russel was very helpful to speak to (from the company)

AusClimate   DM

Hi Allan Bryan here from Ausclimate.

The Supreme All Seasons 50L dehumidifier retails for $995.00 however it is still on sale for $795.00 including free delivery.

If you require further information you can visit our website external link  otherwise please call me direct on 0427 693273 or email: allan@ausclimate.com.au

Allan

lee m
lee m · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I have the medium model wdh-716de-20 how do i operate it please

David T
David T

Ours came with operating instructions from the supplier Ausclimate. It is easy to set up & operate but best refer to these instructions. If you don't have them, I would contact Ausclimate - www.ausclimate.com.au

Andrew M

Google with provide your answer.

PDF download of operating instructions.

They are pretty simple though, pretty much plug and go.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Lee Yes, David and Andrew are correct. Our dehumidifiers are quite easy to operate.

If you would like to email me at allan@ausclimate.com.au or call me toll free on 1800 122100 I can provide you with a user manual and operating tips.

The operating tips is a handy guide to getting the best results from your dehumidifier. This can also be found on our website: external link

Allan Bryan

Ausclimate

mandy
mandy · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

How do I empty water for model DH4120?

Mark W
Mark W

Turn the unit off and wait for about 2 minutes for all the water to drain out of the internal hoses into the tank at the front of the unit. (if you turn it off and straight away slide the tank out then water will leak onto the floor.) If you are facing the front of the unit, there are 2 sections on the front/sides about halfway down the unit that you hold onto and gently pull the tank out towards you. It should slide out pretty easily. When you go to slide it back in, make sure that the little bit of plastic inside the tank at the top is facing the right direction - if it isn't then the tank won't slide back in.

Meg Green · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

Do these dehumidifiers have a heating system in them?

Where in the Sydney metro area can I view them?

Tony Dart, Tannum Sands
Tony Dart, Tannum Sands

Meg these units are effectively air conditioners but instead of cooling they remove the moisture from the room which in effect heats the room a bit, temp in the room a couple of degree's above rest of house but air is very dry. They keep temp about 27 deg

Meg

I can only agree with the comment above. We have our unit on a yacht which is at Airlie Beach. It is an excellent dehumidifier reducing the humidity on our boat from 80% plus down to 40%. It does warm up the boat slightly. The company were also great to deal with

[name removed]

Dear Meg,

Tony is correct. The units main purpose is to draw out the moisture in the environment. We use it often to dry out areas in the boat and leave it on permanently when we are away from the boat. It is amazing how much moisture is drawn out. It keeps areas mould free and smelling fresh.

Meg Green

Thank you Tony and Leonie for your positive answers.

I am still trying to find out where I can look at these dehumidifiers before buying. Any ideas?

mal campbell
mal campbell · NWT Compact 12L WDH-610HA

I have this model and it has been amazing! But just out of the blue it has stopped working, no lights come on or anything. There is power to the machine as I have tested with a multi meter? Is this an easy fix or is it at the end of its life? I admit that I have used it quite a bit.

Russell
Russell

Hi Mal,

Russell here from Ausclimate Dehumidifiers.

If you have purchased this dehumidifier through Ausclimate please contact me direct so that I can help you.

If it is faulty we may replace it under our 2-year full replacement warranty.

These are so reliable and great for boats and caravans or any other area where space is a premium.

Cheers

Russell 0422008777

nick.white.7543
nick.white.7543 · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

So, where might one purchase this device? I can't find any links to stores anywhere.

GeeEm61
GeeEm61

I've bought one as well. Works well. http://www.ausclimate.com.au/

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ausclimate Compressor Dehumidifiers Range is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Visit Official Website