Ausclimate Winix 4 Stage AUS-5500

Ausclimate Winix 4 Stage AUS-5500

4.9

A bit noisy

I’ve only had mine a week, so it’s hard to judge its effectiveness as I bought it to reduce the dust levels in my home office. I have to say it’s too noisy to use when I’m in the room with it. On its lowest setting the fan ‘hunts’ up and down changing pitch constantly which is noticeable over the hum of my computers. There is no way I can use it in the bedroom at night. So basically I move it into a room I’m not in and let it work away.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    Allan B.Winix

Thanks - look forward to sorting this out for you.

Ausclimate Winix ZERO+ PRO 5-Stage AUS-1250AZPU

Looking for Air Purifiers?

Read the reviews for Ausclimate Winix ZERO+ PRO 5-Stage AUS-1250AZPU

Ad
    See all Ausclimate Winix 4 Stage AUS-5500 reviews

Karen
    Karenasked

Hi - how often do I need to replace the filters, how much r they and where do I get them from?

Hi Karen
    If you are running your air purifier continuously 24/7 in a typical home environment then generally you would replace the filters every 12 months.
    You can purchase these online direct from Ausclimate otherwise you can call us on 1800 122 100.
    For this model the replacement filters which includes the HEPA and carbon filters is $124.00 with free delivery.
    Regards
    Allan
    Ausclimate

Johnny V.asked

Where can I get or order a Pre filter ONLY?

Allan B.Winix

Hello Johnny, The pet filter is specifically designed for the Winix Zero+ Pro Model AUS-1250AZPU, not for the Winix 4 Stage AUS-5500 (as per subject line). You are welcome to call me to discuss further on 1800 122 100. Regards Russell

Johnny V.

Hi this is John I watched a video of the Winix stage 4 and that pre filter fits in my Winix 5500 they don't make my model anymore but it's the same size as my HEPA filter and charcoal filter that's why I only need the pre filter .

Allan B.Winix

Hello Johnny, slight misunderstanding. Yes, of course we can help you with a PRE-FILTER for your Winix 5500. Can you call me direct so I can arrange this for you. Regards Russell 0422 008 777

Marii M.
    Marii M.asked

What does it mean when the air quality is on red?

Lindsay
    Lindsay

Hi Marii, the red indicates the purifier is picking up reduced air quality. I find my monitor goes red when I cook, even spray with detergent. They are very sensitive. If the purifier shows red - maybe increase the setting. If the purifier is doing it’s job properly then red should go away.

Ray
    Ray

Lindsay answered the question very good it is the same as mine . Red is reduced air quality , as the unit cleans the air it will go back to green.

See all Ausclimate Winix 4 Stage AUS-5500 questions

Get an answer from our members and Winix representatives

CategoryAir Purifiers
    HEPA FilterYes
    FeaturesAutomatic Air Quality Monitor, Carbon Filter, Filter Life Indicator and Ionic Filter
    Maximum Noise Level64.4 db