Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE-20R

Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE-20R Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Deena E.

Deena E.asked

How noisy is this machine? Can you sleep when on?

Hi Deena
The NWT Medium noise level is rated at 39 dBA.
I would consider this similar to a typical fan on medium, possibly high.
In saying that, the majority of our customers purchase these as a solution to moisture related problems such as mould, dampness, musty odours etc. If this is the case then you wouldn't need to run your dehumidifier while sleeping. Generally to solve these problems you may only need to turn it one once every few days or so during the day time to keep everything within the room dry.
Deena, you are more than welcome to call us direct for further explaination on 1800 122100

Karen Richards
Karen Richards

I have slept with it on but I don't mind the motor noise. You don't need to sleep with it on as it functions very well throughout the day. I would move it to another room when you are sleeping if you had a lot of moisture to eradicate from your home. I highly recommend the machine though. Good luck

Hopeless13

Hopeless13asked

What are the running costs?

Allan B.AusClimate

Hi, these medium dehumidifiers are 355watts, which means the typical running costs are approx 8-9cents/hour. Whist these running costs are very energy efficient, note that these units is not normally operated 24/7. Have a look at our Ausclimate Operating Tips on our website for best drying methods - regards Russell of Ausclimate

Lina

Linaasked

Can I get this in New Zealand? If yes, where?

Hi Lina
Unfortunately our range of dehumidifiers are not available in NZ retail stores.
However you can still purchase direct from us in Australia.
To discuss further please call me on 1800 122 100

Helen

Helenasked

Do the dehumidifiers have a hose attachment to release the water or do you always have to empty it manually? If the container collecting the water is full does the machine automatically turn off?
Helen

Kira
Kira

Hi Helen,

There is a continuous drainage hose option which allows you to bypass the dehumidifier’s water tank, so you don't have to physically remove the water tank. The hose doesn't come with it and it's recommended you use the water tank.

There is a float device that is trigger when the tank gets full and shuts the machine off.

Check the FAQs on the website, they have some really good tips.

Hi Helen
Great response by Kira.
Just in case you still need to use a drainage hose, the size is 12 - 13mm and very easy to connect.
If you would like any further advice please don't hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100
Allan Bryan

Wilma

Wilmaasked

Hi we just moved into a new place and wondering what sort of dehumidifier I should get. I bought the 12L dehumidifier a few months back and took it to Manila (it does work, am happy with it only its quite noisy).
My questions:
1) what size should I get for an enclosed storage measuring 3 x 4 meters, this is were all the dampness is coming from
2) as we go away often, will it be wise to buy the 35L, supreme all or the Ionmax?

If you have the time, kindly call us on [number removed]

Wilma

Hi Wilma
To select the right model dehumidifier there are a few things to consider besides the room size such as the extent of the moisture problem and room temperature.
Generally we recommend choosing a dehumidifier that has the moisture removal capacity (or recommended room size) to dry the largest moisture affected room.
Also there are two types of dehumidifiers to consider; compressor and desiccant.
Compressor dehumidifiers like the Medium 20L are the most common and are suited for use in all seasons however they do perform most efficiently when room temperatures are above 20°c.
Desiccant type dehumidifiers such as our Cool Seasons range can also be used all year round however they are best suited for the cooler temperatures in winter i.e. room temperatures below 20°c.
Unfortunaley Wilma you phone number was removed by Product Review so I cannot call you back.
However you can call me on 1800 122100 which can also be found on our Ausclimate website.
Love to chat over the phone as it would be much easier to explain in more detail what your best options may be.
Kind Regards

Jen

Jenasked

Hi, I'm currently in a rental property where we have horrendous 'crying windows' but reluctant to buy a dehumidifier as we're moving into a brand new home in November. Question is - those of you with new homes (with built in heating and cooling systems) do you still use your dehumidifier or has it become redundant?

Andrew M

They are VERY useful devices. Ie: you could hang you clothes in the laundry on a rack and dry them with a dehumidifier in almost the same time and half the cost of a clothes dryer. The added benefit is the water is collected rather than spread into the air ( creating crying windows).
Gas ( un-flued ) heaters also produce h20 as part of the combustion process ( more crying windows).
Bare in mind that heating air only increases its capacity to hold water, when the air cools it condensates or drops water (crying windows) depending on dew point yahda yahda ....i could bore you to death.
At the end of the day they are very efficient and effective at REMOVING moisture from the air.
With the controls they have they will only operate if required, so kind of set and forget.

Mia v.d.s
Mia v.d.s

I live in a new house with reverse cycle air con, but would not be without the dehumidifier. I live in Queensland on the sunshine coast, so it gets hot, lots of coastal showers etc. I used to get mould after heavy rain- terrible job to clean up all the time. Now I use the dehumidifier every 8 or so weeks (depending on how much rain) I do not get mould and I am shocked at the amount of water I get out of the dehumidifier bucket. Love it, so glad I purchased it- great for drying clothes too.
Mia Van Der Stam

lee m

lee masked

I have the medium model wdh-716de-20 how do i operate it please

David T
David T

Ours came with operating instructions from the supplier Ausclimate. It is easy to set up & operate but best refer to these instructions. If you don't have them, I would contact Ausclimate - www.ausclimate.com.au

Andrew M

Google with provide your answer.
PDF download of operating instructions.
They are pretty simple though, pretty much plug and go.

Hi Lee
Yes, David and Andrew are correct. Our dehumidifiers are quite easy to operate.
If you would like to email me at allan@ausclimate.com.au or call me toll free on 1800 122100 I can provide you with a user manual and operating tips.
The operating tips is a handy guide to getting the best results from your dehumidifier. This can also be found on our website: http://www.ausclimate.com.au/files/ausclimate_operatingtips.pdf
Kind regards
Allan Bryan

mandy

mandyasked

How do I empty water for model DH4120?

Mark W
Mark W

Turn the unit off and wait for about 2 minutes for all the water to drain out of the internal hoses into the tank at the front of the unit. (if you turn it off and straight away slide the tank out then water will leak onto the floor.) If you are facing the front of the unit, there are 2 sections on the front/sides about halfway down the unit that you hold onto and gently pull the tank out towards you. It should slide out pretty easily. When you go to slide it back in, make sure that the little bit of plastic inside the tank at the top is facing the right direction - if it isn't then the tank won't slide back in.

nick.white.7543

nick.white.7543asked

So, where might one purchase this device? I can't find any links to stores anywhere.

GeeEm61
GeeEm61

I've bought one as well. Works well. http://www.ausclimate.com.au/

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives