2Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPNs:WDH-716DE and WDH-716DE-20R
Rooks · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi, I bought the ausclimate 20l in June 2022. The humidity level was at about 70% which was about the same as the humidity on my clock but recently when I switch the dehumidifier on, the humidity level drops immediately to about 30% although the humidity on my clock still shows as 70%. I am not sure if the humidity setting on the dehumidifier is faulty? Will appreciate any help on this thanks

AusClimate   DM

Hi Rooks. We suggest unplugging the machine and moving it to a different room to see if the clock and the unit give an equal humidity reading. If the unit is still reading at 30% then it may be faulty and we would love to organize a replacement for you.

Thanks.

Rooks

Hi Thanks for your response. I have tried moving to another room but the humidity keeps reading at 30% or low but my clock humidity still reads at between 60% and 70%. I have even purchased another humidity meter which also reads at about 60% to 70%.

Cathy
Cathy · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Is this quiet? Many so ‘no’- despite the ‘yeses’

Candice
Candice

I certainly wouldn't call it noisy but it does make a noise

Rogare · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

My Ausclimate WDH-716DE dehumidifier makes a surging, rather jerky, throbbing sound when operating, rather than a continuous smooth sound. Is this normal?

Robin C.
Robin C.

Mine doesn't do that and I run for hours

AusClimate   DM

Hi Rogare What you have described certainly sounds unusual.
Can you please email us your details, including phone number and one of our friendly experts will call you to resolve your problem?
Please email: customerservice@ausclimate.com.au

Thank you, Allan B.
I will email my details to you at the customer service address you have given.

Greg R
Greg R · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I purchased this product in March 2022 and in an 18m2 room humidity levels were being decreased from 75% down to around 40%. Has never got into the 30-39% range.
Now, it can run for 6-8 hours when the humidity is around 60% and only reduces to about 47%.
Is this normal for all users? I'm starting to feel that the unit is not functioning correctly.
(ps: I keep filter clean
- also as an oil heater is on the room temperature is around 20 degrees)

AusClimate   DM

Hi Greg You have raised a good question.
There are so many variances that affect the dehumidifier’s performance and how low it can reduce the humidity.
Such things are, humidity, room size, room temperature, moisture content, how often a door is opened, how many people in the room and air leakage, just to name a few.
What you have describe could be quite normal, you will notice just by raising the room temperature by a few degrees will reduce the RH% even further.
Greg, you are more than welcome to call us on 1800 122 100 so we can explain in detail on how your dehumidifier should be performing.
Rest assured, if there is a fault, we will look after you.

Mphillips
Mphillips · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi guys,

I purchased the Ausclimate NWT medium+ 25L dehumidifier at Harvey Norman on Thursday.

I’ve used it a few times and it’s working great but needed to ask a question regarding operating it and I couldn’t find the answer in the fact sheet.

When I plugged in the device today and turned on the power, the machine didn’t start straight away and only started really slowly you could just hear it if you went close to it and the fan was only slightly running, I turned it off and on but it still did the same thing, then after about a minute it kicked in and worked normally. I noticed the same issue the other day when I accidentally turned it off and then turned it back on again but it wouldn’t start straight away and did the same thing. It didn’t have the defrost light on either time as I thought it might be defrosting.

The machine was used last night and was full and then emptied and sat all day before it being started again this evening but it didn’t start straight away. Not sure if it makes a difference and just thought I would mention, but it was plugged into a power board the first time and extension cord today.
Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Mphillips Sorry about my late reply. Do you mind giving us a call?
We can troubleshoot this over the phone however if there is something wrong, rest assured we will get this resolved ASAP.
Please call 1800 122100 or email: customerservice@ausclimate.com.au

Matt · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Does this product emit a smell when running. I had an ionmax dehumidifier and it smelt bad.
Also can the internals be cleaned my previous one built up mould on the evaporator?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Matt No, this model doesn't emit a smell like the Ionmax.
The Ionmax uses a desiccant material that can absorb or emit odours whereas the Medium 20L is a compressor type dehumidifier.
The only maintenance required is to keep the air filter clean. A very easy task which is done by simply taking off the filter to be either washed or vacuumed.
If used in environments with a lot of airborne pollutants, then you may need to take it to an appliances repairer every year or two to for an internal clean however this is not that common.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at customerservice@ausclimate.com.au

Greg R
Greg R · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I note from the specifications that the optimum temperature range is 20C-32C. Can you advise how your unit has performed in the Australian winter ? Also for those who have posted older than 2022 reviews, is your unit still working at its best ? Any need or reason for servicing ? Thanks

AusClimate   DM

Hi Greg Compressor type dehumidifiers, like the Medium 20L, always perform better in warmer conditions. Whilst its fine to operate in cooler temperatures, its optimum performance range is between 20c – 30c.
Once the indoor temp drops below 20c, the dehumidifier will intermittently go into defrost mode. This is perfectly normal however while it’s in defrost mode, it’s not actually dehumidifying.
How long and how often it goes into defrost mode depends on how cold it gets and how much moisture is in the air. What this means is, the cooler it gets, the less efficient the dehumidifier becomes.
I’ve copied a link that explains this in more detail, with a graph showing its efficiency in different temperatures.
external link
With regard to servicing, it’s minimal and very easy. You only have to clean the air filter once every couple of weeks or so however this does depend on the environment it is used in.
If you are still a little unsure, please call us direct on 1800 122 100

Ebby O.
Ebby O. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Will this model work well in a 3 bedroom house alongside our evaporative cooling? Is 20L enough? I don't want to get one that's too big and nullify my cooling.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Ebby The Medium 20L is a popular model that’s suitable for many 3-bedroom homes however there is a few variables to consider.
Two important ones are room size and how much moisture removal is required.
However, the most important point is to make sure the dehumidifier is powerful enough to do the job.
Our models are used in many homes that use evaporative air conditioners and these certainly help lower the humidity.
Problem is that these type of air conditioners are designed for hot dry climates so when they are used on humid days they produce an enormous amount of moisture therefore the dehumidifier need to remove much more than normal.
Unless your home has small rooms, you may need to consider something larger like the NWT Large 35L.
In saying that, I would recommend giving us a call on 1800 122100 to discuss what your best options may be.

Ricko · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I plan to use this in my garage whilst I do a cycle workout. Sydney summer humidity is just toooo much.
I read because of the heat output from the unit, it is best placed near a doorway. Given that I don't want to heat up the garage anymore than it is, how well will this unit work if I place it in the doorway that leads to the humid outside world? Will a dehumidifier work for my situation and requirements?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Ricko Unfortunately, all dehumidifiers produce a certain amount of heat.
Generally, most people want to use these to solve moisture related problems like mould, condensation etc and in these situations you only need to run it every few days or so.
However, this may not work in your case as you will need to run the dehumidifier long enough to reduce the humidity to a comfortable level which could be around 50%RH.
Regarding the door, it would have to be closed, same as windows to have any effect.
If you would like to discuss in more detail what your options may be please give us a call on 1800 122100

Ricko

Thanks for the response Allan. I may still consider a dehumidifier to 'suck the garage dry' for a couple of hours before my ride and then just use a fan during the ride. :)

Kathleen · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Which Dehumidifier would suit a one bedroom granny flat in the Southern Highlands?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kathleen The Southern Highlands can get pretty cold, especially in winter therefore you may want to consider the Ausclimate Cool Seasons Premium 10L desiccant dehumidifier (AU-1910DD). This model isn't affected by cool temperatures where as the compressor type models like the NWT Medium 20L is.
I've copied a link that further explains this; external link
Otherwise, if you're still unsure please call Ausclimate direct on 1800 122 100, we can aswer any further questions you may have.

Kathleen

Thanks so much for your much appreciated reply,Allan. I’ll certainly take your advice. I’m 83 and am constantly amazed at how much help is given online these days.
Kind regards,

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kathleen Thank you for your kind feedback.
Remember; we're always available if you would like to chat over the phone if you have any questions.

Kathleen

I’d like to purchase the one you’ve recommended please Allan. I understand you have a special September offer and free delivery.Would you give me the final cost please.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kathleen No problem at all, we can definately look after you with our special birthday offer.
Scott from our sales team will contact you today (Wednesday).

Thanks Allan,
Scott contacted me & I bought the dehumidifier you suggested today. I’m looking forward to getting it sometime next week
Kind regards

AusClimate   DM

That's great to hear Kathleen. And remember, if you require any assistance please don't hesitate to call either our office or Scott direct.

Phil A
Phil A

Hi is the 716DE the same unit as the 716DE-20R and where can I purchase

AusClimate   DM

Hi Phil Yes, they are the same.

James M
James M · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I just purchased the NWT medium 20L from Harvey Norman, after only a couple of hours it's already lowering the humidity in the room but is there supposed to be a fairly loud humming noise while it's running?

Anne Canberra ACT
Anne Canberra ACT

Hi James,
We have the Ausclimate Cool Seasons 10 liter Dessicant dehumidifier. The noise is noticeable, but not disturbing in any way. thanks Anne Canberra

AusClimate   DM

Hi James These types of dehumidifiers have two componants that make noise, one is the fan that draws the damp air and the other is the compressor. Compressors do make a humming noise, this is normal however the noise level can vary depending on how powerful it is.
If you have any concerns, no matter how small or want further clarification please call Ausclimate direct on 1800 122 100

Leanne B.
Leanne B. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi
I have the NWT 20L and it is the best thing I have ever purchased. For years I had to scrub ceilings in every bedroom, which was a terrible chore. My son moved the unit and touched the controls and water isn’t draining. Could you please advise the setting I should have on my unit for it to work again. Thank you

AusClimate   DM

Hi Leanne You will need to turn the humidistat down lower than the current room humidity by at least 5% so the dehumidifier can start drawing water from the air.
For 'deep down' drying I suggest setting it to 30% RH.
You can also find the user manual and operating tips on our Ausclimate website.
If you are still unsure please call us direct on 1800 122100

Dave
Dave · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

I'm trying to decide between compressor and desiccant. Both seem to have different advantages for me.

While a desiccant would be useful in winter, it seems a compressor might supplement summer refrigerative air conditioning, and reduce the need for aircon and therefore lower overall electricity consumption, which is a concern for me. (I don't mind it being hot as long as the RH is low.) Would that be a reasonable assumption, or am I chasing diminishing returns?

I see in the manual that the minimum RH setting is 30% on the compressor unit. Does it unit have to run on HIGH to get there, or will it eventually get there on LOW? What sort of litres/day might it produce once the RH is reduced to say 40%? The chart on the comparison guide left that rather unclear.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Dave There are a few things to consider when choosing the right model. One is, do you want to stop a moisture related problems like mould, musty smells, dampness etc or controlling humidity for a comfort level.
Regarding your second point, there are other things to consider such as room temperature, extent of humidity or moisture related problem, size of room and even air leakage can be important.
Sorry, I don't mean to make it sound over complicated as most often using a dehumidifier can be straight forward.
We even supply operating tips within the user manual.
Dave, if possible can you please call us direct on 1800 122100.
On most occassions its easier to explain over the phone on what may be the best solution for your needs.

ANGELA
ANGELA · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Hi there, I have a 17 month old baby which has a runny nose at all times and perspiring a lot. I wonder if I should buy dehumidifier or an air purifier.
Could you please advise

AusClimate   DM

Hi Angela Potentially either model could help.
Dehumidifiers can stop mould or reduce dust-mites which as very common allergens.
Whilst our Winix air purifiers are excellent at removing a wide range of airborne nasties such as allergens, dust, smoke and much more.
If you haven't as yet, I would suggest consulting your GP to see whether it is something airborne that is causing these symptoms.

Kat
Kat · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Does this humidifier also remove mould spores? I had significant mould in the s-bend and vent under my kitchen sink. Drain cleaned but spores now in the home.

AusClimate   DM

Hi Kar Unfortunately no however when used as dryer it can stop mould problems.
I recommend cleaning/treating/removing the mould problem first, then by using the dehumidifier as a dryer every few days or so it will stop the moisture from building up so the mould cannot return.
Keep in mind if you have a drainage problem then that should be addressed too.
If you would like further explaination please don't hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100

David K.
David K. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

what does the humidity setting pertain to?

AusClimate   DM

Hi David, the dehumidifier's humidity setting allows you to set the desired humidity, for the room that you are drying. The Ausclimate Operating Tips are very helpful getting started with drying your rooms (access via the Ausclimate website - also included with the instruction manual that comes with the dehumidifier). As example, for deep-down thorough drying we suggest setting the desire humidity level as low as possible @ 30% humidity. If you require extra personal assistance our customer service team will be pleased to help - 1800 122 100.

Kat
Kat · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Will this humidifier also get rid of mould spores?

Phillip B.
Phillip B. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Can this Ausclimate unit be connected to an out side water waste or do i have to keep emptying the water tan k every few hours?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Phillip Besides using the water bucket there is also the continuous drainage option.
All you need is a 12 - 13mm hose that connects directly to the back of the unit that will drain the water away.
Please refer to the user manual for further instructions otherwise you can call us direct on 1800 122100

Antonio P.
Antonio P. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Can this unit do a 2 bedroom and single lounge unit or will I need 2?

AusClimate   DM

Hi Antonio The Medium can 'deep' dry rooms upto 30 sqm (average height ceilings).
Whilst it can also cover multiple small rooms it does work better in indivdual rooms with window and doors closed.
Hope this helps.

Steve H.
Steve H. · NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

What is product like on power usage. Say cost per 12 hour run time per day
Thanks, Steve

Matt S.
Matt S.

Did you find an answer for this question anywhere else ?

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ausclimate NWT Medium 20L WDH-716DE is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Visit Official Website