Ausclimate NWT Large 35L WDH-930DA

MPN: WDH-930DA

6 questions from our users

Penny A.

Penny A.asked

I just got my Ausclimate dehumidifier all season 35 litres. my place is full of mould n walls are leaking with water. i have been running this guy for 3 full days nonstop. it is okay to run continuiosly for weeks or should i let it run for a day 24 hrs n stop few hours to rest. i also realise that it doesnt goes lower than 48 even i set the humidity level to 30, which is what i was advise. thank you

Scout48
Scout48

I ran it for days and days when I first got it, no problems. Once you have sucked up all the moisture you'll only need to run it every few months for a few hours

Hi Penny
We recommend reading over the Operating Tips that is inserted inside the user manual.
This is a really a handy guide to getting the best results from your dehumidifier.
With regard to setting the dehumidifiers humidistat to 30%, this is not so much as a target. What this ensures is that the dehumidifier is running continuously to achieve 'deep down' drying.
Whatever the dehumidifiers' humidity levels go down to depends on quite a few factors such as room size, extent of moisture levels and room temperature.
If you are unsure or want any advice please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are more than happy to help out.
Allan

Sean D.

Sean D.asked

Does it have an auto feature to set desired hummidity? Once it is reached does it turn itself off or down?
thanks

Hi Sean
Yes, the NWT Large 35L has a humidistat that you can pre-set at a desired setting.
For example if you set the humidistat at 55%RH the dehumidifier will continue to extract moisture from the air until it reaches 5% below your setting (50%RH). The dehumidifier will again restart extracting moisture when the humidity in the room rises to 5% above your setting (60%). The 5% leeway is designed so the dehumidifier isn't continually stop/starting.
Keep in mind it is only the compressor that stops once it reaches the desired setting, the fan will always continue to operate. This ensures the dehumidifier humidity sensors reads the rooms humidity levels more acurately.
Any further questions please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 122100
Allan

yankeedoodle2

yankeedoodle2asked

What is the power consumption per hour?

Hi
The NWT Large 35L is rated at 520w.
The cost per hour can vary depending on where you live. As example, I live in NSW and our peak electricity rate is just over 28 cents per hour therefore to operated the Large 35L on high equates to approx. 14.5 cents per hour.
When compared to other products that can dehumidify such as a split system air conditioners, it is extremely economical considering they average around 3000 to 5000 watts.
Generally most people purchase a dehumidifier to stop moisture related problems like mould, condensation etc and if this is the case for you then to do this it will only cost around $40 - $50 a year to keep an average home dry and mould free.
We also supply 'operating tips' a handy guide to get the best from your dehumidifier.
If you would like more details please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 122100
Kind regards
Allan Bryan

Andrew

Andrewasked

Is it possible to get a longer hose with this model?

Batista
Batista

Hi Andrew.

I think you can get an extra (longer) hose from good guy. Hope that help.

Hi Andrew
Yes you can.
You can purchase an alternative connector and hose direct from Ausclimate.
Please give us a call on 1800 122100 to discuss your individual needs.

Irenaasked

Which is a better model for the Gold Coast beach front unit, the 35L WDH 930 DA or the 35L WDH 930 EDH?

sarah
sarah

it is better to call the Ausclimate directly to ask them. They will recommend you the right model.

Allan B.AusClimate

Hi Irena, thanks for your enquiry. As a local of South-Esat Queensland, I've been asked this same question several times.
Both dehumidifiers are great 'compressor' models, designed to remove good quantities of moisture from larger rooms.
The main difference between these models is the heater option, which is available with the 35L WDH-930EDH, commonly referred to the All Season 35L dehumidifier.
This ceramic heater is very energy efficient and is designed to help the dehumidifier work more efficiently in cooler temperatures (and make the room warm & cozy too!).
This model is great for our southern States such as NSW and Victoria, as well as some inland areas of Queensland.
But, for our warmer temperate climate along the east coast of Queensland (particularly beach front units), I generally recommend the 35L WDH-930DA, which we commonly call the Large 35L. It is designed for all-year round use and thrives in our warmer humid climate. This is the same dehumidifier I use in my own home. Cheers Russell of Ausclimate

Irena

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Humid Harryasked

Has anyone experienced loud vibration from the unit; not the 'purring' of the motor, a vibration noise from the casing. I am told this is 'typical' of this high capacity model?

Hello Harry
When using the more powerful compressor models in the Ausclimate range, you will likely notice some increased noise levels. The noise levels will include typical motor operating sounds, as well as some vibration noise coming from the compressor. This is normal - like other compressor appliances such as fridges, freezers and air conditioners. Also, this vibration noise may vary from model to model, as well as the age & use of the appliance. Again, this is normal. The dehumidifier’s compressor is fixed to rubber mountings at the base of the unit to help minimise this vibration noise.
Generally, the sound of the dehumidifier is not noticed by customers because the drying usually takes place in other areas of the home where the customer is not present e.g. during day is best time for drying the bedroom.
Noise levels for each model are described as decibels on the Ausclimate web-site, but remember the Ausclimate Team are here to help with further guidance and advice.
Kind regards
Allan from Ausclimate, phone 1800 122 100

spoofy
spoofy

Also try taking the castor wheels off, though still loud it helped tons with the vibrations here.

Humid Harry

Thanks for your reply 'spoofy'. The vibration I experienced was, I believe because of the casing vibrating not the compressor, it wasn't there when I first had the machine and it was over and above the sound of the compressor. All I had to do was apply slight pressure with my finger to the the side of the casing where the two parts join, et voila, gone. Yes, I could still hear the compressor as expected but once I took the slight pressure off the seam (on the right hand side) the casing began to vibrate noisily again. I tried taping it, blue tack, resting it on thick composite pads from Bunnings and even leaning a chair against the unit; the weight of the chair against the casing worked, but really! So I am convinced it was the casing itself not the generator. So the thing is so loud I have to take the wheels off?. As I said, the first few days all was well, then it wasn't. I returned the unit once; Russell apparently tested it and all was fine, back it came; absolutely no difference. So I returned it and was given a refund. The product in my opinion was defective perhaps I just received a bad one. If Russell DID unpack the unit and ran it for while and heard nothing but the generator doing its thing and if the loud vibration I experienced is part and parcel of owning this brand and model of dehumidifier, then count me out. If I can cancel out the excessive noise by simply applying a little pressure with my finger to the seam of the casing; that vibration is not coming from the generator. The casing is vibrating due to poor fitment. As a side note: I find interesting that there has been no response to my post for 10 months, yet two days after I enquire at a Northern Rivers retailer who stocks the newer model 'bingo', 'spooky' surfaces! Thanks for the heads up on the wheels Spoofy"
From a VERY Humid Harry, is this rain ever going to stop?!

Get an answer from our members and AusClimate representatives