Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar

Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar (page 2 of 3)

Great bar, but cheap/unknown ingredients caused an allergy

The nutritional benefits of this bar seemed the best when checking all of the bars available at the supermarket. The taste is odd but it isn't a real chocolate bar so if that is what you are expecting you are going to be disappointed. Just some fuel for the rig! I had some kind of allergic reaction to the bar with a really blocked nose as soon as I ate it.

Elton Dugan

Elton Dugan

It's just protein

I eat these at work all the time (Security Officer) and it serves as a physical protein source not a liquid one. People always complain about taste but if you are truly seeking the 'change' you have to eat for the results, not the taste. Cookies & Cream is the only once I can eat as the others are too sweet in my opinion.

Josh KWarnbro

45 grams of protein per 100 gram bar

Not a bad bar and with the huge protein hit too (45 grams per 100 gram bar) I sampled a few other bars on the market, even the popular quest bar. That plus the other ones were no where close for taste and size wise in my opinion. I bought a few on special at coles for $3.65, normally $5.60.
And be realistic, you aren't going to taste anything like a cadbury milk chocolate bar. Enjoy it or pretend to anyway!

charles

charles

Yuck

"Chocolate Flavor." You can really taste the artificial sugars in this piece of crap. The Bar resembles of a stale milky way which is incredibly chewy and hard to swallow. The bar has 2 protein blends (protein blend 42%, protein milk chocolate 23%) which is questionable in terms of quality of the protein sources. The added creatine is unnecessary giving it two stars only because of its 45 g protein content but for a 100g bar, it's pretty mediocre compared to another brands. Would not eat another one nor recommend it to friends.

Tl:dr
Pros : High in protein

Cons: Everything else

Would recommend it: No

jussy

jussyBrisbane

Great

This is a tasty bar. I have been buying these for the last 6 months since they have been at woollies. I recommend buying them when they have 30% off which is usually every 4 weeks. Also they are big enough to half and have as a snack for both morning and afternoon tea.

Doesn't taste anything like chocolate, tastes horrible.

This is the worst tasting thing I've had in my mouth for years. I had one bite, that was more than enough. I rinsed my mouth out with water, but I couldn't get the foul taste out. Every time I think of it, I feel nauseous. Yuk, yuk, yuk!

be wary this bar can react adversely in certain individuals

Bigglesworth

BigglesworthSydney, NSW

Serves my needs

I am on a low carb, high protein diet as part of a Bodytrim program. At 42 percent protein this is superior even to the Bodytrim and Atkins alternatives (which are both good). The only negative is the price $5 but if you buy the 100 gram bar when it is on special it can sometimes be cheaper than the others which are 50 and 60 grams respectively.

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Don't trust processed food manufacturers

After using for a few days I developed a strange sweat odour, which was obvious to all. Stopped using this product and all is good again. They're obviously cramming unhealthy ingredients in with this product in addition to the protein. Would hate to think what it was doing to my body chemistry.

Too many unknown ingredients

Cheaper to Buy at ChemistWarehouse

ChemistWarehouse usually has them in stock for $3.99 each which is a lot cheaper than the supermarkets. I tend to buy a few at a time and then keep one in my bag. I'm a mum not a bodybuilder, but they're convenient for a quick snack on-the-go (when that mid-afternoon energy slump hits). Am hoping it's more healthy than having a confectionary alternative - seems to work better than them. If you like your treats to be seriously sugar coated then maybe they're not for you - it's more 'biscuit' than Mars bar in flavour but I prefer that.
Not chocolate - it's hard to find any other bars that don't come in 'chocolate' flavour or with 'chocolate coating'.
Large size bar - but they store well if you want to eat half and save half for later.

Amazing.

I'm not sure what people are complaining about, these bars are fantastic. The serving size is great, 45g of protein is almost double what most on-the-go bars offer, and the taste is better than almost any other bar I've had.

Then again, you don't buy these bars just for taste. If you don't like the taste if these, there's a pretty high chance you won't enjoy 99% of bars on the market.
Great taste, smooth nougat like texture, heaps of protein.
A little expensive.

Biscuits

BiscuitsMelbourne

So Good When I'm Craving Chocolate!

High Protein? Triple Check.

Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

The Best Healthy Chocolate bar sold at mainstream supermarkets

Around_HereAU

Good - but they dont all contain Whey protein

OK

I really enjoyed this bar compared to a few other high protein low carb bars i have tried and on top of that its not to bad a price when compared to other brands
protein content is quite large alot more than other brands. i really enjoyed the taste and the nutritional value when real food is not available.
It is quiet a large bar, making it hard to get through it all, but no one ever benifited from being slak, get it down ya.

Jenn84

Jenn84Canberra, ACT

Sufficiently satisfied.

Heather888

Heather888GEELONG

Extremley satisfied!!

Dreadful

Shocking experience today.Ate 1/2 bar and came out quickly in extreme welts from head to toe and very swollen lips. Doctor gave me a shot of antihistamine and prednisone, and 5 days tablets. Hadn't had anything else to eat apart from 1 apple. What could I be allergic to in that bar????

See all Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar reviews