Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar

Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar

Stefan

StefanAU

Somehow gotten even worse

Getting 40g of protein with minimal carbs is hard, I admit that. But this bar is quite literally inedible. It burns the throat and has such an overwhelming aftertaste. Beyond repulsive... Worse since the design change I believe.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.Perth, WA

The new shape flavours and ingredients are disgusting

I used to eat around 15 - 20 of the old flavour HPLC bars with 45g protein per week then they have changed it to the new shape bars which are disgusting, and you can tell, each week sometimes I would struggle to find supermarkets stocking them now the shape bars are completely full and nobody buying them, please go back to the old flavour that has been the same for the past few years.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for A$5.00.

graeme

graemeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Crappo

Probably one of the worst protein bars around, made my kidneys hurt too.

Healthy Snacks

Find out how Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar compares to other Healthy Snacks

Wendy T.

Wendy T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Way too sweet

The Cookies and Cream flavored bar I purchased was so sweet it caused burning sensation to inside of my mouth and tingling of lips - like eating chillies. Only ate half the bar because the burning was uncomfortable and worrying.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$4.30.

High cost, horrendous taste

I paid a decent amount to see what this bar was like and I was very disappointed. Cookies and cream flavour was one of the worst things I’ve ever tried !

Purchased in April 2019 for A$4.30.

Sheta

ShetaHamilton

Lost a customer

I used to use HPLC bars each day (half a bar), in Peanut Butter flavour. What have you done to it? The flavour now is totally unbearable. Suffice to say, you've lost a customer.

Alan

AlanSydney

Changed the recipe, made it much worse

Pros: It contains protein.
Cons. Literally everything else. Worst tasting protein bar I've ever eaten. Weird, chemical aftertaste and leaves a coating in the mouth. Even eating it with a coffee doesn't make it edible. Not sure what Aussie Bodies were thinking when they ceased making the chocolate crunch bar to produce this atrocity.

Doesn't taste anything like chocolate, tastes horrible.

This is the worst tasting thing I've had in my mouth for years. I had one bite, that was more than enough. I rinsed my mouth out with water, but I couldn't get the foul taste out. Every time I think of it, I feel nauseous. Yuk, yuk, yuk!

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Don't trust processed food manufacturers

After using for a few days I developed a strange sweat odour, which was obvious to all. Stopped using this product and all is good again. They're obviously cramming unhealthy ingredients in with this product in addition to the protein. Would hate to think what it was doing to my body chemistry.

Too many unknown ingredients

Healthy Snacks

Find out how Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar compares to other Healthy Snacks

Dreadful

Shocking experience today.Ate 1/2 bar and came out quickly in extreme welts from head to toe and very swollen lips. Doctor gave me a shot of antihistamine and prednisone, and 5 days tablets. Hadn't had anything else to eat apart from 1 apple. What could I be allergic to in that bar????

Worst tasting protein bar ever!

Terrible flavour. I tried the chocolate flavour. It didn't taste like chocolate. It had the bitterness you get when you eat milk powder. Texture was not nice either. It's like soft noughat with little grainy bits in it which you could get over if it just tasted good, but it doesn't
Nutritional value.
Terrible taste

bellabim

bellabim

Terrible

As a vegetarian I'm always on the look-out for additional sources of protein. My personal trainer recommended this product (she uses it herself), but I couldn't eat more than half of it because of the awful taste and texture. Definitely better bars out there.
High in protein
Tasted awful, shocking texture

Tom48

Tom48VIC

Terrible

There are heaps of protein bars available both in health stores and at gyms - don't go for this one. While it might have the highest protein content, you won't be able to finish it and if you do, you're liable to feel nauseas afterwards and bring it back up...
heaps of protein content - 45g is very high (about that of a large steak). Also, has a very good protein to carb to fat ratio.
tastes absolutely awful. I have tried all flavors - choc, strawberry, and coconut and they are all terrible to chew taste and swallow. The only solution i have found is to have about a litre of water on hand, in hand, and to down the lot while chewing! The other alternative is go for a different brand, of course.

See all Aussie Bodies HPLC Bar reviews