Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)

we moved city and it was good to start fresh with new provider

no issues, good admin back up, really provides a good service at a good price, it was good to get away from the off shore help line and a pleasure to be understood.

Start DateOctober 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Best service and support in the business

Connection from Aussie is very good. Aside from outages from NBN which they have no control over, the Aussie team are proactive, really responsive and great to deal with. Love them!

Start DateFebruary 2018
Contract Type24-month contract

Perfect.

After dealing with optus every few weeks, internet disconnecting at night, customer service that was difficult to understand / Could not understand me i have NOT regret coming to Aussie broadband.

The only issue i had was originally my internet was not the guaranteed 100mbp/s, It only took ONE phonecall to fix. All i could think of was "Any other internet company would have charged me / Wasted my time with nonsense.

And the final thing i love about this company is if there is ANYTHING happening, they tell you. Maintaintence? Technical Difficulties? I havn't been "lost" like every time its happened to me with Optus.

The only thing i wish was better, was their phone plan. Because their service otherwise is 10/10.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Kaidalen

KaidalenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best NBN provider you can go with

Terrible service

Terrible customer service. We ordered our modem Friday and paid for Express shipping and were told it would be here by wednesday. It's now Thursday and no modem. We called today asking about it and they basically said we can't help you. We asked for our money back on the express shipping because it hasn't been express and again no help. We had to change our tech appointment as well because the modem wasn't sent out on time like they said it would be. A simple courtesy email of "we're experiencing high demands, we may be a couple of days late on your order." Would have been nice. Not happy, will pay the extra $10 a month for better service with another company.

Fast for the money.

Flexible data cap means I can pay the difference if I blow through it due to Day 1 patches. I recommend Aussie if you have to feed three consoles, a PC and a Netflix account for $80/month.

Start DateJuly 2019
Contract Type12-month contract

KateT

KateTGippsland, VIC

The best provider

Weve been with a couple and Aussie have been the most reliable. And they own up and take responsibility the most, other companies would blame us or our house, Aussie actively look for solutions. And better internet then when we were with Telstra

Start DateDecember 2017

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Best ISP Around!

Have been with AB for around 9 months after getting rid of Vividwireless. Was so quick and easy to set up, prices are very competitive and internet is very fast and reliable. Their call center staff (based in Australia, which is another win in itself) are so friendly and helpful and a pleasure to speak with. We are notified so quickly of any unexpected or scheduled network outages and they're restored very fast Great communication, great prices, great staff, all around a great company.

Start DateMarch 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much, Michelle. We're so glad to hear that you're having a wonderful experience with our service and our team so far. We're always looking to improve, so if you see anything that we can do better, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

KJPPerth, WA

Great product, absolutely terrible support

Suffered from CVC congestion, evident in peak hour packet loss on both upstream and downstream, tested different amounts of throughput to reproduce and confirm. Raised a support ticket. Team took days to get back to me, and then didn't seem to understand what actual issue was. They were a hair better than iiNet, but now I'm just getting rid of NBN all together, 4G is better, and cheaper as far as productivity and business use goes..

Start DateOctober 2018
Colemanl

ColemanlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wonderful

Easy to order. Fast to arrive. Easy to install. Seamless. Less than two days from order to connection. Great technical support. Good pricing. Happy with speeds. Love it. Keep it up.

Start DateDecember 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We're so glad that everything's been easy and smooth sailing so far. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Excellent product and service!

Our connection is extremely reliable and great value for money. No major issues but service was exceptional with knowledgeable tech support. Highly recommend Aussie broadband, their amazing staff and great products.

Start DateOctober 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much, Rebecca. We're so glad that you've had a wonderful experience with both our service and our team. Great to hear! Have a wonderful day. Cheers, Mel

The best ISP in Australia

Amazing service, barely any congestion during peak times. For years I've been looking for an ISP that actually cares about it's customers, this one is it. 10/10 would recommended to everyone!

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fantastic! Thanks so much Drew O. We're so glad that you're enjoying your service with us. We're always trying to improve so if you see anything, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Craig L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Limited billing options, no free modem

I rang up Aussie Broadband today all excited to connect up only to be told I can't be emailed a bill which I can pay with Bpay, I have to provide a credit card or direct debit, even as a business customer. I'm sorry but every provider I have ever been with for the last 20 years has had a Bpay payment option. The other thing I can do with any other provider is sign up to a 24 month contract so I don't have to pay for a modem, but Aussie Broadband only do month to month and I was told I would have to pay for a modem upfront. I was basically turned away as a customer. I can't fathom why any business would operate like this!

Frog201

Frog201

A+++ service and customer service is great too.

Been with Aussiebb for 13 months now my connection is solid and whenever they do maintenance which is usually in the middle of the night Aussiebb send a email a few weeks before hand.

I would not use anyone else.

Start DateOctober 2018
Roro

RoroSydney, NSW

AMAZING SERVICE

signup tuesday night, on nbn by Friday morning. great service - great staff, support is phenomenal.

the whole process reminded me of old aussie companies that would listen to you and work with you, keeping the customer at the forefront. <3

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Official RepAussie Broadband

Fantastic to hear, Roro! That's really wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us in a review. Have a lovely day. Cheers. Mel

Grant

GrantGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reliable Service, Good Communication and Great Customer Service

Deserves a good review

When companies do well, they deserve to have a review so others are aware of the service. I don't have too much to say other than, I've had zero issues with Aussie BB. I get consistent speeds of 94mbps and the biggest compliment I can pay is that I've never had to call up. Actually I did call once cause I wasn't sure how to set up the service but the person I spoke to was incredibly helpful and I was literally on the phone for about 5 minutes with an Australian call centre. I also haven't had any drop outs which is brilliant. I should also say that Aussie BB have a great reputation for transparency. The actively display there's network congestion and this was the main reason I joined to begin with and I haven't thought twice about it.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Wow! Thanks so much for the insightful review of our service, Baz, we love it and will pass it on to the team. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Agree with the positive reviews

No drop-outs, early advice of any scheduled outages (happen in the wee small hours so no disruptions) and consistently good speeds.
Setup was simple and fast and there have been no subsequent issues (this is an HFC connection).
Side note - the arrangement of the installation was seamless and full credit to the HBN tech who was prompt, efficient and performed a high quality installation and cleaned up after he was finished.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fantastic to hear, NealD. Thanks so much for your review. We're so happy to hear everything was seamless so far. Were always looking to improve our customer experience so if you see anything that we can do better, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

NBN Co refused to install wall-plate at proper location and ABB could not help.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Mel, I have re-written my review here and have settled with the fact the it's NBN Co's problem but certainly do hope RSP/ISP can do more for customer?
Thanks for looking into this.

dhoangy

dhoangy

Fast, Reliable, Friendly and easy to use.

Aussie Broadband is honestly the top bench mark other companies are striving towards.

Updates on maintenance is always given in more then a week in advance.
The connection and performance has always been top notch and the ability to "Kick Connection" basically meaning restart your connection from the entire network on just the mobile app is awesome!

The user account on both mobile app and computer is simple, concise and easy to use.

I' am very fortunate to have the node outside my house so I get nothing but top speeds!

Start DateJune 2019
Contract Type12-month contract

Rob M.asked

Hi, I've just ordered ABB's NBN100 with "casual" phone service included. I'm planning on supplying my own NBN modem router, will I need one with VOIP capability in order to use the phone? TIA

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Rob, I really recommend getting a VoIP compatible router to plug your phone into, yes. Otherwise, you can look into ordering an ATA from us that will allow you to use your phone with a router without VoIP compatibility. There are plenty of options and decent VoIP compatible routers out there. If you go the ATA route, then our ATA's (SPA112) come pre-configured to be plug and play. Cheers, Mel

Rob M.

Thanks Mel, I'll look into both options.

Joanneasked

So, I need to change to NBN, Optus customer for 25years plus... they've given a cut off of January 2020currently living overseas but the family home in Hughesdale Australia needs NBM. I have a little install issue. Box is outside my bedroom, need the install to be in a different room obviously I don't want it in my master bedroom. Want the install to be in a room under my staircase, can this be looked into by an istaller before I commit to a plan?

Official RepAussie Broadband

You will need to hire a private licenced cabler to install it in a different room. NBN will put it inside from where the box is only. This may be able to be done prior to the nbn installation, and I know it can be done after the nbn installation. Hope this helps. Cheers, Mel

Andrew
Andrew

The answer ABB has given you is correct. NBN company will only get you hooked up to the NBN, you will be required to pay for reposining of the NBN box yourself, That includes cable running and installation. The best thing to do would be to get a couple of quotes. Electricians or data cable installers. Best of luck

George C.

George C.asked

Hi there,

I'm with Optus at the moment but wanting to change over to Aussie BB. I am a gamer and play upstairs in a double story house. Our setup is usually downstairs.. I'm wanting to stream gameplay. Will your modem on the NBN 100 be alright for that or would I need to buy a gaming router and have your modem? I live in Patterson so near Bentleigh VIC and was also wondering if the speed works well for that area through you guys.

Thanks,
George

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi George, I would recommend hitting up our whirlpool forum for advice on modem routers for gaming in a 2 story house. We have the Netcomm 18ACV, but the wifi range is not the best for larger homes and it may struggle to reach the 2nd floor. You do not need our modem to connect with us. https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/152 Cheers. Mel

Trev G
Trev G

Look at the asus rc88u. Im a gamer but cant get NBN100 on FTTN as Im too far from the node, but my Aussie service consistently hits 42mbps this is top speed for me with at least 2 Xbox, fetch, multiple phones, a ps4 and 2 iPads at any one time with plenty of bandwidth left, as a gamer on setup advise the Aussie team to disable CG-NAT for a native IP address or you may find the Sony or Pc will struggle. The Xbox seems to be ok with that setup. My config is a 4 bedroom house. With smart TVs also running 4K streaming ;) good luck as you wont find a better provider!

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives