Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
4.6 from 1,041 reviews

1,042 reviews
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (95%) · No (5%)

JoeeB

JoeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great connection and great service but..

ABB really provides fantastic service/connection. It's a shame the prices have increased but that's life. ABB could you look at working on deals/agreements/discounts with other companies and offer a rewards/loyalty program for your current customers?

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateJune 2018
Rachel

RachelHunter Region, NSW

Amazing service and quick install

Have just installed Aussie Broadband after a terrible experience with another big provider. The router came pre-configured and the Aussie based support team were on hand to help me with a few issues I had - they answered the phone within 30secs and we’re friendly and super helpful!

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Official RepAussie Broadband

Welcome to our family, we’ve got your back, Rachel :). Great to hear that the setup process went well, and we were able to help get you connected. Thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Cheers, James.

Leigh

LeighSydney, NSW

Great Service

Have been with Aussie Broadband for almost a year. Overall I find their service really good. Installation was quick and efficient. Whenever there's an NBN outage, I receive an email before and after and once received a refund for days that I went without internet. So far so good!

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateNovember 2019
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Lindy.M

Lindy.MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ABB you’ve done it again!

tf323

tf323Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Signed up and a month later they downgrade the plan and break their own contract

Signed up, less than a month later plan downgraded from 100/40 to 100/20. Say they're losing money but seem to have $$ for TV & radio advertising prior to stock market float.

Contract Type12-month contract

Price increased + Speed decreased

I was with Aussie Broadband for more than 2 years, I was such a happy customer till I received an email about their increased prices for same plan(100/40 500GB) or lower speed tier for same price.
By looking at the trend overall Internet prices supposed to be decreased with time but so surprised to see Increament in ABB prices even for the same plan.
Bit disappointed with their planning & marketing strategy, for sure it will impact their proud 5 stars review ratings.
Moving to SL by next week.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateJanuary 2018
Faust B.

Faust B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

At last, real Broadband.

I am actually getting a consistent 100 Mbps for the first time in years. So glad I swapped over from a large Telco whose premium speed pack was delivering slower speeds each year.

Start DateAugust 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Welcome to our family, Faust :). We’re so glad you made the switch too and are loving your decision. Thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful day. Cheers, James.

THE BEST!!!!

The speed and reliability of Aussie Broadbands NBN is perfect. Speed test provides a consistent 100mbs connection even with 15 devices connected. Super easy switch over from my past provider and super happy. I highly recommend Aussie Broadband.

Start DateMay 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Love it, Joe! Great to hear that you are loving our service and speeds :). Thanks for the awesome review and recommendation, we loved it. Hope you have a lovely end to your week. Cheers, James.

Tim

Tim

Restored my faith in broadband in Australia

I have used nearly every ISP of note throughout the last 20 years (ozemail, bigpond, optus, internode, iinet). Aussie have restored my faith we can actually get it right. Thanks

Start DateJune 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hot damn! Unreal, Tim :). Amazing to hear that we’ve made a big difference in your ISP experience. Welcome to our family. Thanks for the great review, we genuinely appreciate it. Cheers, James.

Colmas

Colmas

Plan Downgrade

I have been with ABB for almost 2 years on the 100/40 plan and the service has been excellent. I have just been informed that my plan as of November this year will be downgraded to 100/20 for the same price, or 100/40 for an extra $10 per month. Not happy at all.

I have started looking around (Launtel, Mint)and I can still get 100/40 for the same or cheaper than I am paying now. I will most likely jump over in the next month or so, or sooner if I get motivated.

As stated not happy at all with the downgrade!

Start DateDecember 2018

RodQueensland

not worth the price

Start DateJanuary 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Official RepAussie Broadband

Degrading my service... for the same cost p/month. Criminals.

Dave
Dave
James

JamesPerth, WA

Must Be The Best Available ISP in Australia !

Only a couple of minor problems with Voip Phone easily taken care of with phone calls to Australian Staff - such a rare event these days of Overseas Call Centres. I have NBN to the premises & enjoy really great speeds - currently (WA) 6.26pm Tuesday - Speed109 Download & 33.6 Upload. Have been with ABB for just under 18 mths -- Previously with IINet whose service was bordering on the criminal - terrible!

I wholeheartedly recommend ABB ! ( Have also got my mobile with them)

Start DateApril 2019
Susan S.

Susan S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wow what a service

I have been tenure teaching at home and have never had any problems with the NBN connection. The speed of the download is great for the price. In the beginning I could ring and actually get the answers I needed.

Official RepAussie Broadband

We’ve got your back, Susan. Glad we could make WFH a little bit easier :). Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review and rating, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely day. Cheers, James.

pauluswmaximus

pauluswmaximusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great so far

So far, so good, no issues and have had really good support with the questions i've had. Better then FLOPTUS and the generic offshore support I was getting. Thank you.

Start DateSeptember 2020

Good service

Have some dropout but overall not a bad service its ok for what we need
It doesn't always work well with video calling which is the main reason i wanted it but i guess nothing is perfect

Connection TypeI don't know
Tom

TomSydney, NSW

Aussie BB

Speed under Telstra about 50, never over 53. Under Aussie BB up to 95, never under 55. Uploads Telstra about 7 Aussi8e BB never under 14.Dropouts Telstra typically every 24 hours 2 or 3 droipouts of 5 secs to a minute, latest run with Aussie 202 hours no dropouts since last restart. in case of queries Aussie BB never wait on phone more than 10 minutes before answering with experts who solve the problem. Telstra wait often 1-2 hours, seldom less than 30 minutes

Start DateAugust 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Not competitive, shop around.

Customer for many years on top plan 100/40. Recent email on price increases failed to give full details on price increase for same plan. Price increase was not +$9/month (100/20) but +$18 (100/40) for current plan. Have shopped around and found other providers with Australian call centres and they are cheaper. I suggest all users check both down and up load to ensure you are getting what you pay for.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Start DateJuly 2017
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Dave, sorry to hear you feel this way. Would you mind expanding on what mean by we failed to give full details on the price change? We’re always open to feedback and opportunities to learn. Cheers, James.

Joy S

Joy SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Extremely happy since signing up.

My connection was fast and simple. Customer service was extremely helpful and friendly and a pleasure to deal with. I did a lot of research before deciding to go with Aussie Broadband and am so pleased with my decision. The price is competitive but the fact that they are an Australian company based in Australia was the deciding factor for me. Well done Aussie Broadband.

Start DateMay 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks, Joy, it’s awesome to hear that you are loving your decision to switch to us :). Glad everything went smoothly. Thanks for the amazing review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

Kirk Lambie

Kirk LambieAU

Great speed most times I get slightly over the 100/40

They have Great service
100 % Aussie customer service
Speed is always fast
I can not fault there service
Now I am just filling this up with words to meet the 30 word minimum.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Kirk, we can get behind that no bullsh*t review, hahaha! Awesome to hear that you are loving our Aussie support and service :). Thanks for the great review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

GoAhead MakeMyDay

GoAhead MakeMyDayasked

NBN 100 (Family)

In your blog post (https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/blog/price-increase-announcement/) that you have referenced in various replies or comments, it is stated that:
"Throughout September, we will contact existing customers on these plans to give them 60 days’ notice of the price rise."

My question is about the 60 days notice. Can you please clarify:

I received your price increase announcement email yesterday 15 Sep 2020, where it was stated that:
"We're writing to let you know that, unfortunately, from your billing cycle in November 2020, we will need to migrate you from your current plan..."

I also received my bill on the same day, as I do on the 15th of each month. So is the 15 Sep bill considered the October billing cycle (15 Sep - 15 Oct) or the September billing cycle? Or in other words: What billing date will be the start of the new price, the next (15 Oct) or thereafter (15 Nov) bill date? I just want to know if I have a month or in fact two months as of yesterday, to decide what I want to do!

Just to add to my question, I just logged into MyAussie account, and I can see that my NBN 100Mbps/40Mbps 500GB ($80) is scheduled to increase to $105 on 14-10-2020!

If this is intended, then this only gives me 30 days notice, as opposed to your email from yesterday, giving me 60 days notice?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Great question. The price change will come into affect on November 15, for you. You'll have two months before it kicks in. Hope that helps. Cheers, James.

Reshael

Reshaelasked

NBN 100 (Family)

I’m thinking to switch from Telstra to Aussie broadband as Telstra customer service isn’t that great. What benefit will I get from switching to Aussie broadband and how is your modem ?
Just as a note: I do have a google nest router and is it compatible?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Reshael, thanks for taking the time to reach out and ask a great question.
I personally believe there’s lots of great benefits to switching to us.
1. Our customer support team is all based in Victoria
2. We have an awesome app where you can check outages, change your plan, do service tests and lodge a fault without even picking up the phone. Plus a whole lot more.
3. We have our own network
4. We make sure to provision enough CVC/bandwidth to ensure you get the speeds you pay for, especially during peak times
I’d recommend sticking with the Google Nest, heard a lot of great things about it. And it most likely will be compatible with our network.
As for the modems, they are supplied by NBN and you should already have one at home, so you don’t need to purchase anything else.
Hope this helps :). If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to fire them my way. Cheers, James.

They are raising their prices, so be careful.

Rod

Reshael, be very careful aussiebroadband is raising their prices. Even other ISP's are confused why ABB is doing this to their customers. as the CVC is below the usage rate. Shop elsewhere as there are ISP based in Australia providing very competitive prices and better connection speeds.

sokk a.asked

NBN 100 (Family)

I’m looking to swap my current ISP. I’m currently on NBN100 with HFC connection. I was wondering if I swap my ISP to Aussie Broadband can I still use the modem from my old ISP (Dodo). The model of the modem is Arris CM8200B. Or if I to buy a modem, which are some of the modem that support 100mbps?

JohnM
JohnM

I took my modem from Internode to Aussie broadband. I am not a modem expert. Call Aussie broadband as I am sure they will help you.

Will do thank you.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Sokk, thanks for reaching out and asking a great question.
You’d need to find out if the modem is wifi and NBN compatible. But it looks like that model is an NBN box and from what I can tell, I don’t think it’ll work.
If you give us a bell on 1300 880 905, our team will be able to give you a more definitive answer.
If you are looking at a new modem/router. I’ve only heard great things about the Google Nest. It can support 1000mbps, so should you ever upgrade your plan, it’ll be able to support those higher speeds.
If you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to shoot them my way and I’ll do my best :).
Hope this helps. Cheers, James.

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives