Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)

Superb customer service and ownership of a problem

I have had the NBN for around 5 weeks, and since being connected I was suffering from constant drop outs, at least 10 a day. My previous ISP pretty much gave up trying to fix it, and told me to find another one. Aussie Broadband took ownership of the problem straight away, and kept pursuing the NBN to resolve it. The fifth NBN tech' to attend found the issue in the pit and now my connection is rock solid. The speeds are fantastic with Aussie (94 down 40 up, even on Saturday night). I can't recommend them enough!

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Finally an awesome internet provider

Such a great company. No dropouts easy setup and the team make things simple. And you can actually understand them on the phone. Will never go back to the devil that is telstra

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Terrific speed for whole family

Everything has been excellent with our internet service. No buffering at all watching Netflix or Stan.
Internet browsing has been fast and reliable. I Highly recommend Aussiebroadband for speed and reliability.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Gaming has been a breeze with this service!

The occasional drop out otherwise this service is fairly stable with an average download of 80mbps and upload of 35mbps. I would recommend Aussie Broadband to any family or gamer looking for a reliable ISP.

Standalone or BundledBundled

Great Reliable Service and Aussie Support

Been with AussieBB for over a year and cannot fault them so far. They provide email notification of known NBN downtime and upgrades which usually doesnt last long, and is great compared to other services that doesnt provide any type of notification.

Their service is reliable and their speeds during peak is about 60 Mbps at the lowest and averaging about 70 which is acceptable with our 2nd Class NBN Infrastructure.

Their support appears to be either Adelaide or Moe (Vic) based - so its great that I dont have to strain to understand someone while they refer to their manual on how to restart the modem.

Their tech support is knowledgeable and seems to have access to a lot of info regarding their network immediately - so if you are nosey and want to know why an outage occurred, you can ask and they will dig deeper to give you a tech response where needed and not have to refer to you a Supervisor or L2 then L3!

Billing is very efficient - they dont suspend your account if you a week late and give you plenty of notice when they are going to suspend because you know, you got that big TV to utilise that bandwidth.

The only bad thing is the queue length for tech support - I sometimes have to wait upto 30 minutes, however that was my ineptness of resetting the modem before reading their emails (learnt after my first sign up)... the email contains the password because they actually pre-configure the modem before it gets to you - who does that!

So far so good

Was hesitant about switching to nbn, but glad we made the move from broadband. Much higher speed and so far no dropouts. Highly recommend Aussie. Great service and easy to contact and very helpful.

OK Sevice

Had a couple of dropouts with Netflix. I Do not know whose fault it was. Netflix or National Broad Band. It certainly was not Aussie's fault. So far no real complaints.

Contract Type24-month contract

Speed. Service. Support

Based on very high reviews I connected NBN with Aussie. With several issues caused by my own router Aussie service was responsive, helpful and easy to deal with. Thanks for providing local support which is some of the best I've experienced for any organisation. Onya Aussie.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Super fast and always reliable

From the initial contact to the connection of of 100 Mbsp FTTN my ABB connection has been faultless. Connected on time and with great communication throughout the process. Typical evening speeds much better then stated and close to max connection speeds most of the time. Highly recommended.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Fantastic, Craig! Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We're happy that you're enjoying great speeds. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Happy, happy, happy

Very happy with service when we first connecting to the NBN, through Aussie, not one hiccup, very smooth. We haven’t had any issues with service/speed since connecting. Thank you Aussie, highly recommended

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi NMarty, we're so glad to hear that you're happy happy happy. Thanks so much for your review, and for letting us know about how it's been smooth sailing so far. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Great efficient service. Very reliable connection and minimise drop outs

No issues since we switched to Aussie Broadband. All internet users and gamers in the house happy. Always able to get in touch if need to with support and not have to do everything online without being able to chat to someone which is great.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Mareks, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We're glad that everyone in your house is happy. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Two and a half years on...

Progress report: Having joined Aussie Broadband on the 100/40 FTTP service two and a half years ago I am still finding the service flawless. Over the time I have been using the service Aussie have more than tripled their NBN Capacity to Toowoomba to keep the service congestion free.

Start DateMay 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
That's great to hear, Moriarty! We really appreciate your review - thanks so much. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Just set and go

I’ve had other providers in the past. Telstra being the best of the bunch. But that was prior to NBN. Since NBN arrived and providers started to off shore support, everybody was exactly the same. And if you had issues - you wouldn’t want to! Ever since I signed up with Aussie, in fact I’ve never had to call them once! That means everything worked as promised, I was billed correctly and I’m so glad if I had to call, they’d understand me!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Welcome to the Aussie family, Internet User! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad that everything has worked as promised. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Consistently fast and reliable

Speeds are consistently at or above the 86Mbps typical evening speed cited by Aussie Broadband, both during the evening and in the middle of the day. Uptime is excellent, and any issues have so far been resolved swiftly.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Fantastic to hear, Matthew! Thanks so much for your review, we're glad that the speed has been consistent so far. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

FTTN user

Fantastic service. 97/40 connection speeds even at peak. Maybe 1 or 2 downtime’s in the past 12-24 months and each were while I was at work.

I have only needed support once and they were super helpful and prompt

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Fantastic John! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We're glad it's been great so far. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Referred by major Telco technician

Great service, efficient with connection - only took an hour for an active service. Switched from a different Telecommunications company because was unable to connect to NBN for 5.5 weeks and price is comparable.

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Go with Aussie, we're so happy to have you on board with us. We're glad to hear that the connection finally went smoothly with us - thanks so much for your review. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Outstanding

Simply exceptional. Knowledgeable, prompt, responsive. Switched to them from Telstra once nbn rolled out (HFC, was on Telstra HFC before). Barely a hit on the download rate 24/7 from the pre-nbn service, excellent upload rate. The team know what they're talking about and are always lovely to speak to. In particular, they're a breeze to contact, and their phone app lets you quickly see if there are any problems and report them without even making a call.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for your review, Damir, we love hearing from our customers. We're glad the team have been able to assist and that you love the phone app. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

No issues with installation and migration.

Very good - have not experienced any drop outs.
The service has been very reliable as has been the performance.

The Aussie team have been helpful when needed. It was a non-technical issue.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Victor, thanks so much for your review. We're glad the service has been reliable and the team have been helpful so far. We're always striving to do better, so if you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers. Mel

Absolutely the best service I've ever received in Australia

Reliable connection with great service on; movie and tv streaming, video conferencing, online gaming.
I have been with others and this company has the best customer service, product and billing options.

Connection TypeI don't know
Fantastic! Thanks for your review, Claire, we're so happy that the connection has been reliable so far. We're always striving to do better, so if you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers. Mel

So Consistent it's mind-blowing!!

I made the move over to Aussie Broadband back at the end of March. The transition was so smooth and quick. I was literally transfered in about 15 minutes, and with a quick reboot of my modem, I was up and running again.

The thing I am most impressed with is the consistent speeds I'm receiving. With my previous ISP, evening speeds, and often during the day, could drop down to as low a 20 or 30Mbit/s, which with Aussie Broadband, it's consistently around the 90Mbit/s range, with the occasional drop to maybe 60Mbit/s.

Customer support is also fantastic. I've only had to call once or twice, and only for niggly little things, but the staff are very friendly, happy to explain things if needed, very quick to help resolve issues, and the best part is that they are very easy to understand with not thick foreign accent, or broken English.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Chris, thanks for sharing your experience with us in a review. It's great that you're enjoying both the service and the support. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

I have a current optus broadband cable connection and the outlet is for a coaxial cable. - Will it be changed to ethernet outlet when moved to nbn HFC? - As well, I'm planning to buy my own router, possibly a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S R7800 or an ASUS RT-AC88U. Any of these will work ok? Thanks. Marcos.
Hi Mark, you will be given an Arris modem that will connect to the coaxial cable. Then, you can connect your router to the Arris modem. Either can work with our service. Hope that helps. Cheers, Mel

What is the average speed during peak, which modem will I get? contract ? month by month?
No idea. Telstra don't know either or at least their operators won't disclose that information openly. My understanding is that, to match the speed you had before the switch, you have to pay a premium price. You have to also take out a two year contract to get the modem. I was hoping to disengage myself from Telstra at the end of next year but now I'm stuck with them forever :( :( :(Hi Sonny, if you're FTTN, then we will run a line test after you're connected to let you know your line speeds. All other technology types have other factors with exception to Fibre to the Premises. Our sales team will be able to assist more. We only offer no contract plans. You can choose to purchase our modem which is a Netcomm NF18ACV for $149, or you can bring your own modem. Hope that helps to clarify. Cheers, Mel

what is involved swapping from another provider to you guys? I have nbn with no lock in contract But has VoIP connected
Hi there, you just need to apply online or by phone (1300 880 905) and the team can talk you through the switchover process. Often takes less than one hour to churn across internet - VoIP can take a bit longer, though. cheers, Janet.

CategoryInternet Service Providers