Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)

Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)

Aussie Broadband go elsewhere

Today I come home early costing myself half a days pay excited to get on NBN … The NBN person comes to connect as arranged … they say cant connect in my office upstairs where I need to existing Telstra cable as signal isn't correct but then can connect to Foxtel connection downstairs at other end of house
I say this is no good I need in my office where its always been. They ring someone and the outcome was very confusing and technical to someone who has no idea what she is talking about . I say to her shouldn't you call Aussie Broadband and sort this out between you? but she says no not her problem and I need a 22 or 23 and Rah Rah which all means nothing to me. Pretty sure the women installing it was not a tradesperson but just basic training to connect a box , if something goes wrong then very limited .
I call Aussie Broadband who tell me basically in a nutshell not there problem if doesn't work in office … I don't get it?? Anyhow I cancelled service but apparently I'm going to charged $15 to return the modem .. Also have called you guys twice both time approx. 20 mins wait … I was gunna come to you guys to get away from this sort of thing which happens with Telstra but seems you guys are no different , actually Telstra better at least they would send out someone to get it working where its meant to … Do u guys pay people to give u good reviews ????because I really don't understand how u get so many good reviews ..terrible experience 0 out 5 go elsewhere people !!! Don't believe the reviews obv fake!!!!!!

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeI don't know

Happy with the system

No drop outs, had issues with landline but tech support sorted it out, the battery pack in the non box keeps beeping, is it necessary to have a battery in the box

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Excellent speeds and service

Very pleased with installation, support and most of all the speeds! Highly recommend this company if you want good service and quality. Haven’t had a single fault since installation and the bandwidth is constant day and night

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Excellent RSP, don't believe the other low ratings

This is an excellent RSP, and I think the only one publishing CVC graphs on their website to prove their networks are not suffering congestion.

Great network and great Aussie based support (again, which RSP still has all Aussie support staff?; Answer: not many)

99% of the low reviews are actually complaining about the derelict NBN infrastructure, which unfortunately Australia has consistently voted for at the last three federal elections, including 2019! (ie. it's not Aussie Broadband's fault but purely a political issue).

I for one have personally experienced the problems with my FTTN connection which are solely attributed to NBN and not whichever RSP I'm signed up with (there is little they can do to force NBN to fix anything anyway).

The bar has been set so low by the government post-2012 that NBN really doesn't have any requirements to provide a service standard anymore. The current NBN is the cheapo version that Australia voted for.

Start DateAugust 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks so much for your insight and review, Svgtr. We really appreciate your feedback. I think we've all been there with FTTN and most of our leadership team is on Fixed Wireless, including Phil, our Director. We understand, and our trying our best to push for change for our customers. Anyway, if you see anything that we can do to improve, or if your connection experiences any issues, please contact our team and we will advocate on your behalf to the nbn as best we can. Cheers.

Good Aussie company that cares

I never thought I would every say this. But I like my internet provider. After years of dealing with horrible providers, I have found a great one. AB has excellent customer service, no drop outs, high speeds and delivers what you are paying for. I will happily stay with them forever if the quality remains this good.

Start DateDecember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Fantastic to hear, Curt! We try to do the best we can. If you ever see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Exceeding Expectations

Wow....an internet provider that actually delivers what they promise - who would of thought it possible.

My 100mb line consistently achieves 95mb even through evening peak. The service was up and running in less than 2 hours after transferring from another NBN provider who couldn't deliver 20mb during peak on same modem and equipment. They might be a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for and I couldn't be happier - well done guys and girls at Aussie

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jame, thank you so much for the feedback! We're glad you're happy with your speeds now. If there is any areas where we can improve, please let our team know. Cheers!

Asked AussieBB to change my IP address and they refuse to do so. Very disappointed.

Very disappointed. I have signed up for a plan with dynamic IP address and I need my IP address to change. My service prevents me from reaching the servers I need and AussieBB just refuses to help.
I called them up first time regards this matter they told me not a problem just restart your modem and in 30min your IP shall change. However nothing happened after a week called them back and asked them why to head they are not going to do anything. they cant even honour their own word. pathetic

Also my service is 100Mbps and i only receive 95Mbps. My modem connection speed is almost 140mbps.

Will not recommend to anyone.

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi minoo, we're sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience. It's certainly not something we want for our customers. I will send you a PM to get some details from you so that I can look into your IP issue. Cheers.

Fantastic ISP

These guys are what Internode was before it became terrible and sold out. If you long for what an ISP used to be in Australia, these guys are for you.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thank you for the feedback Adam S! We're glad that you're happy with our services. If there is any areas where you believe we can improve, please let our team know! Cheers.

download 19Mbps upload 5Mbps ping 15ms / paying $100 every month

drops out everyday
going worse even after complaint
just writing before I terminate this service with ABB
sick and tired of using my mobile hot spot to play my internet game wihtout dropout

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi S Steven. We're sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience. That's certainly not something we would like for our customers. I will be in touch with you to look into your speed issues and drop outs. Cheers.

Best Service Experience Ever

As promised the call centre is Australian.
This is invaluable when sorting tech issues. We were able to setup and close down our new for old system with one call and have not looked back.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi M Kelly, thank you very much for feedback! If you notice any areas where we can improve, please let our team know. Cheers!

Wasted s much time

I signed up for Aussie Broadband and the experience was easy, however, after an ordeal with the HFC box missing from my premises I was required to ring up several times attempting to get the issue fixed. With a different solution each call I decided to terminate my service with Aussie Broadband, and move over to a competitor who had no problems resolving my problem.
Many hours were wasted on the phone and weeks without internet however the worst part was after sending the modem back they still decided to withdraw the $149 fee from my account so once again, I find myself stuck with the stupid hold message telling me how not racist they are, waiting to get my money returned.

The only reason I'm giving 1/5 stars is because I can't give 0.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Rene, we're very sorry that you had such a bad experience. Having previous tenants removing nbn equipment meant for that address would not have been a fun start, I can imagine. We would have had to convince nbn and that would have taken ages and then that probably went through around the time you connected with another isp. Since it's all nbn, everyone would have struggled there. That would not have been a fast process at all, unfortunately. However, we're happy to hear that you were finally able to get connected after the headache, even if it wasn't with us. Everyone should have working internet. We wish you all the best. Cheers.

Aussie NBN

We have been happy to date with Aussie Broadband with the delivery and the service of our product. The staff very helpful and everything plugged in with ease. Good work.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Thanks so much Jamie. We're happy that you're happy. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Back with Aussie

My initial $10 off a month for 6 months with Aussie were up so I decided to try another provider, Tangerine Telecom, as they had a good deal running.

Turned out to be the wrong move!

Glad to be back at Aussie who don't throttle/shape or have congestion and actually live up to the evening speeds they advertise.

Heres my review about Tangerine on this site https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/353a75ac-89e0-4499-a86c-aab412c97116

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Welcome back, niczoom, we're happy to have you! Cheers.

Best Telco service

The process of switching to NBN with Aussie broadband was so easy and flawless, I honestly thought I was missing something. The regular reminders (SMS & email), the step-by-step fool-proof instructions, the knowledgeable technician, who came on time with a prior phone call, the subsequent reliable and fast internet connection - it was absolutely great. Whenever I need to call the customer service, it is always answered by someone I can understand. I am planning to switch other family members to Aussie broadband, when their current contract with a major Telco company expires.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for the great review and recommendation to your family. We're so happy to hear that you're having an enjoyable experience with us. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Amazing service

After being a long suffering customer of a large telco, I was very wary of going with a company that had such good reviews because I thought it couldn't all be as good as it seems. Boy was I wrong! Believe the hype, Aussie Broadband is that good. Connection went smoothly and on time, my internet has been stable and absolutely everything that I was promised. I cant recommend Aussie Broadband highly enough.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
That's fantastic to hear. Thanks so much for your review, I'll be passing it on to the team. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

They deserve an excellent rating

Never had an issue since it went live, support has been prompt and correct. The speed has been consistently 97mb, no matter what time it was. What more could I ask for.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Sounds perfect, RobW. Thanks for letting us know how it's all working for you. We really appreciate the feedback. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Best internet provider

It’s bullet proof
Not an issue from ordering to connection the whole process was so easy
Every step of the way we were notified where the order was at
Great speeds and not a drop out
Exceed the families expectations
The speed either during the day or evening does not vary .

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
That's really wonderful to hear, we're so happy that you loved our communication and have great speeds. Thanks for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Aussie based company, faultless service

So like many people I like to support Australian based companies where possible. Aussie are based in Australia with all staff in country. They are honest and up front about their services and problems if they happen. I pay a reasonable price for Unlimited 100/40, a speed I get anytime of the day.

The once or twice I have spoken to support has been fast and easy. Not sure what more I could possibly ask for.

Start DateApril 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks so much for your review, Daniel. We really appreciate it. We're happy that your speed remains fast throughout the entire day/night. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Such a relief after leaving optus!!!

Changed over to Aussie from Optus after ongoing issues, we now have reliable fast internet with no drop outs. Thank you for stressfree internet. We were told by Optus some areas cant get good internet, that's obviously not true.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Beautiful! Glad to hear the internet is now enjoyable and not stressful. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

This is an excellent company to deal with.

When I signed up initially there was issues with NBNco's database advising the service was not available for me. ABB went the extra mile and contacted NBNco on my behalf and had the listing updated so i could be connected. Since then I have had the 100/40 FTTC service and have been getting no less than 95/37 at any time of day.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Wonderful to hear, thank you so much for sharing your experience. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!